Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Not a bad score line for heroic. Hard to argue they aren't a t1 team after this tourney and their online results IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yea heroic are good but i'm gonna wait a month or so before i call them a real contender. maybe we're in for an era of danish CS after the dark decade of swedish dominance

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Too early for Heroic to be called T1, but getting to semis is a decent feather in their cap. They've had decent victories over a lot of reshuffled teams post-Major, but their results don't shout "new dominant force" to me. Close bo1s over VP and North on a pocket map don't carry that much weight.

If they get some bo3 victories over T1 teams on LAN then we can talk. They're not doing anything a number of T2 teams haven't done before. Kinguin/Immortals are still dancing on the edge of T1.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I've bought this game and am terrible at it. May I join the goon steam group?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Jeza posted:

Too early for Heroic to be called T1, but getting to semis is a decent feather in their cap. They've had decent victories over a lot of reshuffled teams post-Major, but their results don't shout "new dominant force" to me. Close bo1s over VP and North on a pocket map don't carry that much weight.

If they get some bo3 victories over T1 teams on LAN then we can talk. They're not doing anything a number of T2 teams haven't done before. Kinguin/Immortals are still dancing on the edge of T1.

reminder they got to the semis because of a poor format that had a bye, not trying to take anything away from it but the format of this tournament was very bad.

pwf
Sep 18, 2010
Just made a notifier for sub.io that sits in the system tray if anyone wants to use it: https://github.com/pwfff/goonpug-notifier/releases/tag/v0.0.2

It checks player counts every 30 seconds, and notifies if the servers have between 5 and 10 players (with a 10 minute cooldown between alerts). Right click the icon to see the player counts and click a server to launch CS:GO and connect.

If it breaks, then that sucks doesn't it.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Photex posted:

reminder they got to the semis because of a poor format that had a bye, not trying to take anything away from it but the format of this tournament was very bad.

Got to semis because they are that good.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Buller posted:

Got to semis because they are that good.

I mean that's really not the best takeaway. They got to the semis on tiebreakers, and on the back of being really good at one map. They had the worst round difference in the group, even worse than those who didn't go through. They had some great bo1s but they also got stomped by C9 and SK. It's debatable whether they make it through to semis if they had to play a bo3 in the quarter-finals. They aren't better than any team in Group B except maybe C9. Even then, maybe not.

Too early to start cheerleading them as a third T1 Danish team. I see stuff like "if a team makes the playoffs/semis/finals whatever, then they are that good" all the time but it's just a kind of fallacious reasoning. Believe it, there is often a lot of luck and fortunate circumstance involved. If they swept the group 5-0 rather than manage to get 1st seed by the skin of their teeth and tiebreakers, the reasoning might carry more weight.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Jeza posted:

Oh I guess I'd call Immortals low T1, definitely they aren't T1 yet if Immortals aren't.

e: Actually, looking more at records of teams on HLTV I take that back -- didn't realize how similar their results look to a lot of other teams I wouldn't think of as T1.

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Mar 4, 2017

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010
gently caress those semi's were so bad, neither immortals or heroic had a loving clue what they were doing. Immortals can shoot but are tactically inept. I blame the bo1 format.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
WHY THE gently caress DO PEOPLE STILL BUY AK ON 2ND I THOUGHT EAGLES WERE SMARTER THAN THIS JESUS CHRIST

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

kierrie posted:

gently caress those semi's were so bad, neither immortals or heroic had a loving clue what they were doing. Immortals can shoot but are tactically inept. I blame the bo1 format.

BO1 definitely has some problems but I don't mind it in the groups just because it keeps poo poo moving. Plus you get some exciting results and upsets.

Some people might say it's dumb that this T2 team makes it out of groups but that T1 team gets sent home, but as a spectator that's more exciting than seeing the same 8 teams every time.

Especially since there's like a thousand events a year, it's not like a big deal if a top-level T1 team gets sent home due to a string of bad luck that would be normalized if every match was BO3.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I bought and played I think six competitve matches today. Drew two, lost two, won two. The friendliest game was one with some kids that sounded about 12 and stayed super positive even though we blew a lead and tied. Wasn't expecting that.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

ArfJason posted:

WHY THE gently caress DO PEOPLE STILL BUY AK ON 2ND I THOUGHT EAGLES WERE SMARTER THAN THIS JESUS CHRIST

2nd round AKs: good if you're in a team & coordinated and don't buy more than 2 or 3 but that's probably not gonna happen in MM

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

If you kill someone by shooting and killing through a teammate it shouldn't count as team damage because this is the second time I've been banned for doing that twice in one game. It's not my fault they want to stand head to head.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

If you kill someone by shooting and killing through a teammate it shouldn't count as team damage because this is the second time I've been banned for doing that twice in one game. It's not my fault they want to stand head to head.

have you tried rainbow six siege?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

you seem to be incredibly bad at this game

stump collector
May 28, 2007
hmm

maybe learn to aim or develop patience or lower your sens

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

I made an MS Paint to show you an alternative solution:

Note how in Exhibit A ally is between you and enemy, so you shoot them both in the head (although I made the blood splatters not on the head because let's be realistic, I'm Nova too I know we don't hit heads that often).

However, in Exhibit B, you stand so that your ally isn't in between you and the enemy, and your ally lives.

Hope that helps!

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

I don't think I've ever had this happen to me in like 15 years of playing CS

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Entry more

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

It's 100% worthwhile and justified to murder enemies through teammates. I do it all the time. Just because "the man" can't deal with it and bans you in MM doesn't make it wrong.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

TBH if I step in front of someone or someone on my team snaps around and collats me while headshotting an enemy player I usually tell them it's fine don't worry about it and I'm legit just amused by it. Even in comp.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

you seem to be incredibly bad at this game

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Why are you all replying to that retard seriously

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

mcvey posted:

Entry more

I am nothing but entry

Entry into an early grave

sigh

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

foutre posted:

I made an MS Paint to show you an alternative solution:

Note how in Exhibit A ally is between you and enemy, so you shoot them both in the head (although I made the blood splatters not on the head because let's be realistic, I'm Nova too I know we don't hit heads that often).

However, in Exhibit B, you stand so that your ally isn't in between you and the enemy, and your ally lives.

Hope that helps!

Hmm I will have to try this tactic

stump collector
May 28, 2007

stump collector
May 28, 2007
photacokubentex is probably the screenshot of the year imo

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

this is actually the first time I've seen this what the gently caress?

edit: lol this is the guy who runs all the HSFactory servers that's absolutely hilarious i'm going to message him.

Photex fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 5, 2017

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Photex posted:

this is actually the first time I've seen this what the gently caress?

edit: lol this is the guy who runs all the HSFactory servers that's absolutely hilarious i'm going to message him.

hes a schlub & a doofus ive heard, infamous in the local scene for being weird

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Don't you have to do 400 damage to teammates or kill 3 of them though?

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

I've never seen someone do enough damage to teammates to get kicked where it wasn't deliberate. Sometimes those people probably deserved it for being insufferable shits but more often the person tking was having a meltdown like a toddler.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Ive had it happen but its very rare i think its only happened to me twice ever, and i think both had to do with very unfortunate grenade throws.
The guy youre replying to is a loving retard bitch whos always saying some xD poo poo and i think he should be forbidden from posting here forever.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

the only time i've ever had it happen is accidental AWP headshot on a teammate.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
watching a crowd stand completely still while an edm guy does his thing owns and i hope they keep doing these weird esports/edm crossovers

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Thom and the Heads posted:

watching a crowd stand completely still while an edm guy does his thing owns and i hope they keep doing these weird esports/edm crossovers

maps will be cache, cbble and dancefloor.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Dust Dust Revolution

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

This pre-game hype man is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Kjaerbe has 19 kills 13 rounds in. Insane, especially given the rest of his teams scorelines