Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shitnis moving too fast for news to even keep up

What is the poem? Whirling gyre ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

skaboomizzy posted:

I knew this little bitch boy would be the first to roll over

He got crushed by Chris Hayes, ffs

Carter Page is the literal guiltiest man ever. I'm 100% sure if pushed he'd confess to being Jack the Ripper

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We already knew FBI was tapping trump campaign

This isn't new

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

oh poo poo? so what did he do. did he make the platform pro russian. can someone summerize this for my smooth brain.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

you understand that if the DoJ 'admits' they tapped Trump with a warrant that's 100% legal and allowed AND no doubt whatever the cause was for the warrant would only make Trump's issues worse, right?

yes, but the campaign i'm guessing is assuming it will gather voter sympathy and it makes for good sound bites. they'll keep saying obama is wiretapping political components because how horrible it sounds, then the press has to clarify above, etc etc

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

holy poo poo

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

We already knew FBI was tapping trump campaign

This isn't new

Probably stuff like hiring Manafort who was already in hot water for registering with the DoJ as a foreign lobbyists and also worked for pro-russia political factions in Ukraine.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

literally everyone around him is saying 'no this is a BAD idea'

you know what that means...

GET READY FOR THE NEXT BIG STORY

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Carter you have just made donnys day a whole lot better

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I want to watch mulhallomd drive tonight

It's probably not streaming anywhere right

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh poo poo? so what did he do. did he make the platform pro russian. can someone summerize this for my smooth brain.

The GOP platform mysteriously was amended to say that Russia gets Crimea and is actually very cool and good and no one copped to it.

I mean everyone assumed it was the Trump team anyway since his campaign manager was a Russian bagman

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

this week is gonna OWN

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is a unique era in American history

I've never seen anything like this at all

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mnoba posted:

yes, but the campaign i'm guessing is assuming it will gather voter sympathy and it makes for good sound bites. they'll keep saying obama is wiretapping political components because how horrible it sounds, then the press has to clarify above, etc etc

yea but it's gonna be REAL hard to spin 'the president literally was under investigation for actual major crimes right before he was sworn in, and then some' as unjust to anyone but the CHUD vote he already has. It'll fuel his rallies, which is 100% all he cares about, but it won't help him.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

triple sulk posted:

this week is gonna OWN

trump is gonna go nuclear

and by that i mean he will launch nukes

at us

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

triple sulk posted:

this week is gonna OWN

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

triple sulk posted:

this week is gonna OWN

the week starts tomorrow fyi

john brennan is gonna be making the rounds on the sunday morning shows

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Yup Trump's platform with Ukraine ran counter to establishment GOP and had lots of elements that played to russian interests.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

I want to watch mulhallomd drive tonight

It's probably not streaming anywhere right

its on netflix

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

cumshitter posted:

i am NOT addicted tocarck

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

etalian posted:

Yup Trump's platform with Ukraine ran counter to establishment GOP and had lots of elements that played to russian interests.

Exhibit 1

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Admiral Ray posted:

if she gets any older she knows newt will divorce her.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

the black husserl posted:

for sure.

but donald john trump doesn't give a single poo poo about anyone outside of that 30%. that's why his base loves him, he ignores the majority so he can cater to their whims.

tbqh we'd be doing the exact same thing if it was lesbian black communist bernie ignoring everyone outside of the 30% leftist base

once those checks started coming in and everyone had healthcare, the rest would slowly come on board though

also, ftfy to cover all bases

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dom is Here posted:

its on netflix

No way

gently caress yes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Inland empire is the most amazing movie I've ever seen btw

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

etalian posted:

It's hilarious how Trump is so desperate to suck Putin cock, just because Putin said he would be good leader.

also because he owes putin so much money

so much

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Weeping Wound posted:

I'll eat a probate for this, but the daywalking crowd needs to see this and comment on this

you were kind to me, thanks, but it is a good jpg

MOD EDIT: NWS Image Removed.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

drat! i missed it! anyone itt want to tell me what this was?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

This is the pouem

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

euphronius posted:

http://i.imgur.com/lIH9Jtu.gifv

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Dapper_Swindler posted:

The original GOP platform contained langauage containing the condemnation of Russia for invading Crimea and Ukraine

The Trump campaign's sole contribution to the part's platform at the convention was to get that removed

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

shiksa posted:

The GOP platform mysteriously was amended to say that Russia gets Crimea and is actually very cool and good and no one copped to it.

I mean everyone assumed it was the Trump team anyway since his campaign manager was a Russian bagman

so basicaly because of his paranoid brain screams. we know he is either paranoid and petty as gently caress or IC has deep poo poo on him and he is hosed either way. bad enough that the white house has no idea what to do and carter is changing his story so he can potentialy roll on trump and friends for the fact they are whores of russia.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

euphronius posted:

Shitnis moving too fast for news to even keep up

What is the poem? Whirling gyre ?

turning and turning in the widening gyre
the falcon cannot hear the falconer
thngs fall apart, the center cannot hold
mere anarchy is loosed upon the world
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed
nd everywhrre the ceremony of innovence is drowned

surely there muat be some revelation at hand
surely

something something

the second coming
the second coming! barely are the words

something something, apparition in the desert, its the sphinx

and what rough beast, its hour come round at last
slouches toward bethlehem to be born

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

there's lots of lynch stuff i still need to see. great films for the trump era where america's veneer of sanity is stripped away

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so basicaly because of his paranoid brain screams. we know he is either paranoid and petty as gently caress or IC has deep poo poo on him and he is hosed either way.

i'm pretty sure it's both

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the falcon cannot hear the falconer

That s an amazing line holy poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so basicaly because of his paranoid brain screams. we know he is either paranoid and petty as gently caress or IC has deep poo poo on him and he is hosed either way. bad enough that the white house has no idea what to do and carter is changing his story so he can potentialy roll on trump and friends for the fact they are whores of russia.

it's actually both, which is why it rules

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

heres my poem

im kinda sleepy
and thirsty
im gonna get some water
its good for you

thanks for listening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol
http://www.vox.com/conversations/2017/2/22/14697718/donald-trump-putin-russia-kremlin-hillary-clinton

quote:

Sean Illing
Let’s talk about Trump and Putin as individuals. How are they different? How are they similar?

Mikhail Fishman
I would prefer to talk about how they're different, because those differences are so obvious and extreme. They come from very different worlds. Putin is an ex-Soviet intelligence officer with all that that implies. Trump is a colorful American businessman and showman.

In their habits, they're radically different. Trump is a posturing performer, full of idiotic narcissism. He appears to be a disorganized fool, to be honest. Putin, on the other hand, is calculating, organized, and he plans everything. He also hides much of his personal life in a way that Trump does not.

Then there's also the fact that Putin is so much more experienced than Trump. He has more than 15 years of global political experience. He knows how to do things, how to work the system. He makes plenty of mistakes, but he knows how to think and act. Trump is a total neophyte. He has no experience and doesn't understand how global politics operates. He displays his ignorance every single day.

• Locked thread