Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I fought a stalnox before work and dodged all the trees he ripped out to throw at me and when he ran out of trees he loving TORE OUT HIS OWN RIBS to attack me.

This game is extremely good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Bust Rodd posted:

So how is the sword//weapon play in this game. is there a Zelda game that it's more similar too? I always felt like the swordplay in WW was the best, and I just want to gauge how LONK handles himself this time around.

It's way more in-depth and I am getting my rear end kicked regularly. All weapons have basic slashes and charge attacks, but there's also a perfect guard and parry system and enemies themselves tend to be much smarter about how they fight (especially with bomb spam).

So It Goes
Feb 18, 2011
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but some surprisingly useful and interesting secrets and easter eggs in the game:

https://imgur.com/a/RC3wD#0KNH8wz

e: You can revive dead horses. You can rebuy unique equipment. Enemies scale up after beating dungeons.

So It Goes fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 5, 2017

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So I'm feeling dumb (just starting)
Got to the top of the tower, the old man is now laughing at me about how to find out where to go next
Also, I don't have a sword and the sticks I was using broke before killing a single enemy.
Did I miss an actual weapon, and where do I find these other towers? This is...not a typical Zelda game

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Oh god the Lynel is loving me up help

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
This game is batshit fantastic in every way possible. No hand-holdy poo poo, and I super do like the story, even if the voice acting leaves a lot to be desired. I like that despite being gone for a full century there's a lot of people who remember you a lot of them not fondly because you and the princess hosed up big time. Not a fan of zora love triangle part deux. Love the recurring themes and names from other games, though. Especially around zora's domain. :3:

Honestly, this was the best birthday gift I got in a long time. :unsmith:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The wii-u graphics and FPS dips are atrocious lol. It's not unplayable but drat. I'm using a Samsung ks8000. Is there a setting I'm missing or something

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I finally opened up my special edition and this game is pretty awesome. I played for a couple hours in portable mode and still had 33% battery left. I guess if you're a kid and you are able to just do nothing but play video games all day, that would be annoying. For me it was just a nice reminder that I should go do something else for a while. The weapon durability is kind of annoying. I can't find any way to find out what something is until it's suddenly heavily damaged and then it breaks. I'm sick of having to use bokoblin arms, I just want to keep one of these sweet swords I'm finding.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

GobiasIndustries posted:

So I'm feeling dumb (just starting)
Got to the top of the tower, the old man is now laughing at me about how to find out where to go next
Also, I don't have a sword and the sticks I was using broke before killing a single enemy.
Did I miss an actual weapon, and where do I find these other towers? This is...not a typical Zelda game

Go back to where you first spoke with Old Man. There should be something near there that's metallic and sticking out of a tree stump that'll work better than a stick, for a while.

You need to go to the shrines you can see from the top of the tower. They're glowing yellow-orange. There are 3. Once you get to all 3 you can get off the plateau and go to more towers.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calaveron posted:

Start the fight with an arrow to the face to stun him and go in for attacks, don't bother doing mounting attacks because he'll automatically go into his charge attacks after and unless you can pull off the shots (it's stupidly hard to hit him again in the face), just hit him until he wakes up and he'll get up and start his regular standing attacks. These are easier to dodge and get into a Flurry. Also, make sure you have a lot of high damage weapons to deal with his bitch-rear end because he tanks damage and your weapons are going to break (I broke 5 or 6 against him). When he runs from you and stops to face you he'll either get down and charge you or shoot fireballs at you. Both are easy to dodge, but the fireballs give you a chance to arrow him in the face again and rush up to him and attack or mount him.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Any tips for mounting deer? Level 2 Stealth Up foods don't seem to be doing it... do I need level 3?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

So It Goes posted:

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but some surprisingly useful and interesting secrets and easter eggs in the game:

e: You can revive dead horses. You can rebuy unique equipment. Enemies scale up after beating dungeons.

Oh man this loving game has so much poo poo going on

Really wish you could register the bears, deer or Lord of the Mountain :( oh well, still cool you can ride them at all

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

So It Goes posted:

I was just starting to take off to the east to see if any stable had a manager that hadn't heard of the Lord of the Mountain and would register him. :(

Why can't it stay with me???? FFS his name is Satori, it should live forever with the gamers.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Calaveron posted:

Sneak around, collect arrows and jump down. Dont have to fight him. You can also mount centaurs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

How do you get the ability to see enemies' HP as a number instead of a red bar?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

AM I crazy for thinking it should not be THIS hard to find and kill a boar? Because so far thats my hardest challenge witht he game so far.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

AM I crazy for thinking it should not be THIS hard to find and kill a boar? Because so far thats my hardest challenge witht he game so far.

The Forest of Spirits is lousy with the drat things.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

This game rocks, for the record, digging it quite a bit, I think it'll probably take me a month to play through this.

Somebody asked about pinwheels earlier, not sure if answered, but I just came across one on a windy mountaintop in West Necluda. Going near it spawned some balloons which you shoot at with arrows to get a Korok, fun stuff

I love using ice cubes to go across rivers by the way, fun mechanic, Link's a bit of a wizard!

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

This game seems alright thus far but am I the only one that doesn't think it's game of the century? I think it's a combination of hype and "perfect" reviews across the board. More of an 8/10 imo

Also who decided on weapon durability wtf

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

BigRed0427 posted:

Has to use ice arrows to get one. Still wasn't easy

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

This game seems alright thus far but am I the only one that doesn't think it's game of the century? I think it's a combination of hype and "perfect" reviews across the board. More of an 8/10 imo

Also who decided on weapon durability wtf

I felt like this for the first few hours. I was underwhelmed. Then I had to look for some dudes maracas and I haven't looked back.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Alxprit posted:

How do you get the ability to see enemies' HP as a number instead of a red bar?

Its an ability of the Champion's Tunic.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Oxxidation posted:

The Forest of Spirits is lousy with the drat things.

I just wen't a half hour without seeing one! I finally got lucky after it got spooked while I tried to sneak into range with my bow. Whacked it with a club as it ran off and wen't by me.

What's BS is that they dissapear if they run off.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

GRINK HELCH posted:

I felt like this for the first few hours. I was underwhelmed. Then I had to look for some dudes maracas and I haven't looked back.

Alright, maybe it just hasn't clicked for me yet

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Normally I hate weapon durability because you have to worry about replacing it, but this game makes sure you're constantly swimming in a sea of weapons. I actually look forward to a weapon breaking because it means I'll finally be able to pick up the next one I see! It also makes a big explosion when they break, which I appreciate.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

GRINK HELCH posted:

Get that good good tree boy his maracas so he can party, damnit.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Death Mountain spoiler having your body literally catch fire is hilarious. Anyone got a recipe for fireproof elixirs?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Is there a use for cold resistance food when you have the warm shirt thing from the guy? I made a bunch of low level spicy dishes before I got the shirt and still haven't used them. Should I keep saving it or eat it folks?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
^Save them, some parts of the world will have cold that even your shirt won't handle.

Man, calling it stops for today, must've played nearly six hours straight. Straight up, I'm mostly hoping that someone will find a way you can keep Lord of the Mountain in a stable and name him Satoru tonight so I can do that tomorrow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Heavy Metal posted:

Is there a use for cold resistance food when you have the warm shirt thing from the guy? I made a bunch of low level spicy dishes before I got the shirt and still haven't used them. Should I keep saving it or eat it folks?

There are areas the shirt alone isn't enough

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

There is cold and super cold. Super cold requires warm shirt plus warm food, or otherwise super warm food. (eating two normal warm food in a row does NOT work)

But then also, that warm clothing has poo poo armor. If you get clothing with really good defenses, if you have warm food, you don't have to take the armor off to put on your warm clothes. So save it isn't a bad plan.

But that said, you can always eat/sell it now and craft more later!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zaggitz posted:

I fought a stalnox before work and dodged all the trees he ripped out to throw at me and when he ran out of trees he loving TORE OUT HIS OWN RIBS to attack me.

This game is extremely good.

he was a motherfucker. i didnt have almost any weapons and it took me an hour of beating him because he would one shot me

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ignimbrite posted:

Go back to where you first spoke with Old Man. There should be something near there that's metallic and sticking out of a tree stump that'll work better than a stick, for a while.

You need to go to the shrines you can see from the top of the tower. They're glowing yellow-orange. There are 3. Once you get to all 3 you can get off the plateau and go to more towers.

Ah thanks for part 1! Was playing on the WiiU tablet, missed the item at first. Now I can actually kill things.

Tried to get to a few of the shrines, got destroyed by giant laser monsters and frostbite... I am officially Bad at a Zelda game :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How are you supposed to get to the area west of Naydra Snowfield? I assume from the map you're supposed to cut through the valley east of Kakariko, but I tried going that way and only got stabbed in the face by Lizalfos for my trouble. It's for one of the locked memories, from a hint by the painter guy.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Edit: I'm a moron and forgot about my loving bow.

ComposerGuy fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Mar 5, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Anyone know how to get the password for the Gerudo shop?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The shrine where you use stasis to play golf is hard. I got the first one (which takes you to the spirit orb, all good) but around the corner from the monk is an optional second hole for a chest, and it's loving haaaard

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kashuno posted:

There are areas the shirt alone isn't enough

Zaphod42 posted:

There is cold and super cold. Super cold requires warm shirt plus warm food, or otherwise super warm food. (eating two normal warm food in a row does NOT work)

But then also, that warm clothing has poo poo armor. If you get clothing with really good defenses, if you have warm food, you don't have to take the armor off to put on your warm clothes. So save it isn't a bad plan.

But that said, you can always eat/sell it now and craft more later!

Thanks!

Question about doing a flurry rush (from side jump or backflip). I did it once or twice earlier, with a sword I think, but at the moment I get the slow-mo and mash Y, but only get one swing in. Trying it with both a one handed Boko club or two handed Boko Bat, since I don't have a sword currently. Trying it out on skeletons, Link only does one swing of the weapon at the end, most of the slow-mo is him just jumping while mashing Y doesn't do anything. Any ideas/tips?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Asking again, is there any reason to keep ore, or should I be selling it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
is it possible to catch and ride an ostrich. if not why not