Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oneforthevine
Sep 25, 2015

swampland posted:

Irt to last page talk Eraserhead is and will always be the best Lynch film and is right up there as my favourite movie ever

Mulholland Drive is maybe the best movie ever made. Fire Walk With Me is also genius and pretty much every film critic except Mark Kermode was super wrong about it.

David Lynch's worst movie was the one that won the Palme d'Or.

It also starred Edward Balls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

euphronius posted:

He once said that the movie was his reaction to living in Philadelphia and I was like "lol yep"

haha

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The mud man Scene in mulholand drive is genius

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

Shitnis moving too fast for news to even keep up

What is the poem? Whirling gyre ?

THE SNEK

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

euphronius posted:

Inland empire is the most amazing movie I've ever seen btw

Inland Empire is my favorite Lynch movie.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

UrbicaMortis posted:

That whole stanza is just wonderful. If I ever have a website, I'm going to make it the 404 text.

a website, wow

who even had that sort of money

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

it's saturday there's no meaningful difference in the crews on this blessed day when i can drink whenever i want

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup
I remember being in high school and wanting to see eraserhead with my friends but we could never find it anywhere, and the few places that had it to rent required like a $100 deposit because people kept stealing the copies.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
So if we do go through Watergate again will -gate still be the standard ending for scandals even though this will surely be a billion times worse?

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Shugojin posted:

I feel like the main reason Putin got this far and Trump will never get there is that Putin is physically capable of shutting up

also, a history of stone cold homicide

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

oneforthevine posted:

Mulholland Drive is maybe the best movie ever made. Fire Walk With Me is also genius and pretty much every film critic except Mark Kermode was super wrong about it.

David Lynch's worst movie was the one that won the Palme d'Or.

It also starred Edward Balls.

Mulholland Drive rules I reckon shared second place with Blue Velvet for me. I need to watch Fire Walk with Me again only saw it once when I hadn't seen Twin Peaks yet

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

about which he is stonily silent

do you really think trump could stay quiet if he was able to have his enemies murdered

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Samurai Sanders posted:

So if we do go through Watergate again will -gate still be the standard ending for scandals even though this will surely be a billion times worse?

No, I hope its a -ghazi instead

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Samurai Sanders posted:

twittergate (or tweetgate) fits all too well, so yeah probably

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Corny posted:

this is a pro read actually

yeah. its a good article. i think the Russians have poo poo on trump(economic poo poo probably, but maybe hosed sex poo poo) but i think trump is genuinely stupid enough to want someone like Putin to be his close soulmate friend.

Shugojin posted:

I feel like the main reason Putin got this far and Trump will never get there is that Putin is physically capable of shutting up

partly. but i think Putin is also cunning as gently caress and is also as another poster said, a psychopath. the dude is ex KGB/ intelligence, he knows how to play smarter people then trump. the deal with putin is, once he dies, russian current government is turbo hosed.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

lol

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Squizzle posted:

a website, wow

who even had that sort of money

I spent all my savings on my forums account.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

there's no way trump hasn't personally killed people

they probably weren't premeditated though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Glumslinger posted:

No, I hope its a -ghazi instead

Russiaghazi

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Solarin posted:

what's the usual honeymoon period for a presidency? I have to figure that's a significant factor in the apparent 80ish% republican approval rate. Probably still a lot of afterglow from humiliating Hillary Clinton so hard. Wonder how long that feeling will last if the executive just keeps making unforced embarrassing errors

i wouldn't count on republicans turning on him anytime soon

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

if so itd represent a true etymological scandal

id describe it as a gateghazi even

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Shugojin posted:

do you really think trump could stay quiet if he was able to have his enemies murdered

quite true

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

oneforthevine posted:

Hello to Jason Isaacs Ed Balls.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The Muppets On PCP posted:

good lord 9/11 broke everyone's mind

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin
trump is the clown

who tripped into town

poo poo his pants and fell down

r u down with the clown

maga citizen

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Samurai Sanders posted:

I've said before that after this presidency the new scandal suffix should just be -trump.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Shugojin posted:

There was an SNL skit probably 15 years ago with Will Farrell where he said something like "This is great! I am actually going to murder you!" right before murdering someone.

Yeah...that prose sounds really familiar now.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The Muppets On PCP posted:

"Why we're going to war in 2018 dot jpeg"

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

It's hard to believe Trump gets to 2020 and doesn't say 'I made America great again and now I'm done'. I mean, it was also hard to believe he'd win, but c'mon.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Trump was nearly homicided by stone cold

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
2018? There's still 5/6 of 2017 left, son

:clint:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

jesus lol is that real? if so commence :jackbud:

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Atoramos posted:

It's hard to believe Trump gets to 2020 and doesn't say 'I made America great again and now I'm done'. I mean, it was also hard to believe he'd win, but c'mon.

Walk away? He'll never, ever walk away.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Atoramos posted:

yeah, only way hes not president in 2021 is if he doesn't want to be

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pidgin Englishman posted:

2018? There's still 5/6 of 2017 left, son

:clint:

We may have an unplanned war to be honest, one that comes too soon for the GOP to really be behind it as a way to boost approval ratings at the last minute

usbombshell
Oct 29, 2004

Boom!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

ok is there another source on this or what

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Trump was nearly homicided by stone cold

this is not a joke. this is true fact about the president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

what the gently caress

• Locked thread