Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Plus it makes sense for Natsuhiko to be ruthless with Watase considering how Terrorist Watase 'played' with shooting Natsuhiko.

My intuition tells me that Watase and that girl in the mirror were something of a parallel to Natsuhiko and his Mom: Watase the researcher, the girl a relative and valid test subject. AND THEN THINGS WENT WRONG.

As for where Salyu is from, she says she's from france, knows many combat styles and has problems with emotions... :stonk: Les Enfant Terrible!? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

TheMcD posted:

That's not the full answer, though.

Oh, right, why did you ask that question.

It feels like Louise is there purely for the sake of not having all the major characters be Japanese, despite them not really looking like it.

But that seems too meta of a twist to really matter. I don't think this game will pull a meta twist ala Zero Escape, so discard that line of thinking.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Junpei posted:

Oh, right, why did you ask that question.

It feels like Louise is there purely for the sake of not having all the major characters be Japanese, despite them not really looking like it.

But that seems too meta of a twist to really matter. I don't think this game will pull a meta twist ala Zero Escape, so discard that line of thinking.

Oh, no, I didn't mean it like that. That wasn't the full answer to "where is Salyu from". We know more than that.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

TheMcD posted:

Oh, no, I didn't mean it like that. That wasn't the full answer to "where is Salyu from". We know more than that.

She's from the future because she's a robot, duh.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

TheMcD posted:

Oh, I was answering your parenthesized "And why am I asking this question?".

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen
That's a...very interesting set of speculation that I won't comment on.

Some of those questions can be answered by information within what we've seen so far - it just requires some math.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

TheMcD posted:

She's from the village what was burned to the ground by anti-BC activists. Next.

Danaru posted:

A lot of things.

Some of this I'd already figured out, but you definitely took it all much further than I ever had. Good work. I'll try and offer some answers to your questions, and maybe pose some new ones:

Who killed Nagisa?
I'm not willing to say she is dead quite yet. It certainly looks bad for her, but if Mashiro can take a similar gunshot wound and remain alive and actively attempting to do whatever for longer than Nagisa has been there, then there may still be something there. That and the game, judging by your theories, has avoided BC ghosts so far and I'd rather it continue doing so. As for who shot her, I don't know yet. The above leads to one of my questions:

What is Mashiro doing?

Watase's connection to LABO
For lack of anything else, the only plausible connection is that 'brown haired girl' is A. The images of Past! Salyu definitely have a photograph quality to them.

Who stole the AD?
At this point, Salyu is basically a Les Enfants Terrible grade operative with how she is easily evading and trouncing everyone in this group, has very good reasons to hate and distrust Watase and everyone around him and may be Rage Virus'd. I doubt she knows why they regard the AD as something Valuable, and I doubt she'd care. They want it, She'll keep it from them.

How is Kazami involved?
I doubt she is (other than having her sister held captive here). She came here expecting a relatively routine job, and did not get that.

Who/What is Brown Haired Girl?
I'm thinking Sister/Childhood friend. On the one hand, I want to believe she is A, on the other I believe that she was killed in the hospital which was burned in the Rokumei City Arson to cover it up. I don't know yet. I believe, like Natsuhiko does, that it was just a memory.

Who was Kazami talking to?
I have no idea. I would think she is entirely too calm for having just talked to Nagisa, but then she wouldn't have to reveal herself and the only other suspect (Mashiro) would almost certainly have poisoned her against Watase to the point she wouldn't have let him go.

Why is Ena here and how is she involved?
I have no idea. At this point I'm even entertaining speculations that she is a 'liquidator' and the one who shot Nagisa.

What killed Dojima?
Good question. Given her proven ability when guns aren't part of the equation, I'm currently thinking Raging Salyu. Now for two more of my questions.

What were Watase and the others motivations?
Miyoko and Ukita wanted to save the children, Dojima and Hiyama probably wanted to (their tough talk in the factory seemed to just be that, to my reading, and their encounter in LABO seemed to have that same artificiality to their words) but Watase is an anomaly. On one hand he doesn't shoot Yuuri when he has a chance, on the other he shoots Salyu and takes glee in harming Mashiro and Natsuhiko. Rage may be one explanation, but that explains neither why no one else had it until later, nor why his thoughts when Mashiro read him were hostile to communicators.

Now onto my questions:

What is Mashiro doing?

Why was the hospital burned?
Of all the targets you could attack in a BC city, the hospital really isn't the most related. The way the hospital was attacked, then others, suggests to me, in conjunction with one of my other theories above, that the hospital was burnt to cover up the existence of a madness-spreading Communicator and the others were attacked to sell the narrative. Which leads to my last question (until I think of more).

What is Q?
Given the above it seems clear that Q is not quite what was sold to the public. In my belief, Q is merely the name given to all those who act against the governments interests with regard to BC, whether they be false flags, actual terrorists or rescuers as the Sirius Cell seem to be. They do not act because they are Q, it is because they act that they are Q.

OddHaberdasher fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 5, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Danaru posted:

What's Watase's connection to LABO, and how did he have memories of Salyu as a test subject?
I'm pretty sure he ended up at the scene during the fire nine years ago. It ties together with something I noticed about Subject N:

TheMcD posted:

His body trembled. He couldn't think. He couldn't understand. But soon enough, in the depths of that white darkness, the memories of nine years ago-- --came rushing back to Natsuhiko.
The current year is 2030. Nine years ago is 2021.

The first Na listed caused a Case N nine years ago, gave Watase firsthand proof how dangerous the test subjects(and by extension, communicators as a whole) could be, probably hosed his mind up with BC powers, and got turned into Subject N afterwards.

Watase was there in the first place because he was doing rescue work, and saw Salyu while he was there.

OddHaberdasher posted:

That and the game, judging by your theories, has avoided BC ghosts so far and I'd rather it continue doing so
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Natsuhiko doesn't exactly has a physical form anymore. :v: For all we know, she's hitchhiking with one of the group's brains, and can still use telepathy/empathy/etc to mess around with people's minds.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Haifisch posted:

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Natsuhiko doesn't exactly has a physical form anymore. :v: For all we know, she's hitchhiking with one of the group's brains, and can still use telepathy/empathy/etc to mess around with people's minds.

But my point is that, as we know from later on in both this route and After, Natsuhiko is still alive and can get back up even if he (and we) don't know how. With Yuuri actually alive and Communicating with Natsuhiko (and making him seem crazy and preventing him from moving on but that's neither here nor there) and Natsuhiko doing what he is doing now there have been no confirmed Actual BC Ghosts. The point of my theory was that I believe she is alive, if only because the alternative would irritate me.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
I'm just gonna point out that the LABO scientists are real dumb for using a target definition type that is so easily ambiguous as the first syllable of a person's name

(I know it's so players can put the clues together if they're paying attention, but still)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

GeneralYeti posted:

I'm just gonna point out that the LABO scientists are real dumb for using a target definition type that is so easily ambiguous as the first syllable of a person's name

(I know it's so players can put the clues together if they're paying attention, but still)

They also called it Area N, Case N, and NBC. LABO doesn't give a poo poo about naming anything creatively.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

Danaru posted:

They also called it Area N, Case N, and NBC. LABO doesn't give a poo poo about naming anything creatively.

I'm pretty sure this has become obvious by this point, but quite a few things are deceptively named. The Procyon and its measurement of mSv (millisieverts) is a great example - we've already found out that it's not actually measuring radiation, but something else which can also be abbreviated to mSv. Similarly, since we know there's no nuclear reactor, NBC definitely doesn't stand for Nuclear Biological Chemical.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Cyouni posted:

I'm pretty sure this has become obvious by this point, but quite a few things are deceptively named. The Procyon and its measurement of mSv (millisieverts) is a great example - we've already found out that it's not actually measuring radiation, but something else which can also be abbreviated to mSv. Similarly, since we know there's no nuclear reactor, NBC definitely doesn't stand for Nuclear Biological Chemical.

I maintain all the Ns stand for Nagisa :colbert: It just as well could have been YBC and Area Y if Yuuri turned into the scary murder baby that was thrown into the hatred reactor

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
NBC clearly stands for No Beyond Communication. It does seem very deliberate, because as far as anyone knows, LABO researches nuclear power, it only makes sense that they would attempt to maintain that illusion by naming their safety procedures in the same vein.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Does lead actually block BC radiation? Would putting on a suit helmet block people out?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Request / APPEAL: 09/16/2030, 13:56

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

Impossible! How can she be dead!?
Was it an accident!? Was she murdered!?
I-I don't know... but I found her body... That's a fact...
Wh-where!? Where did you find her!?
Come with me... it's this way...

--It all went downhill from there.

Good grief... are you sure you weren't just seeing things?
I-I'm not lying! There really was a body here, I swear! There was a girl with blood pouring down her head! She was dead no matter how you looked at...
Blood? But I don't see any bloodstains anywhere...
...???
(poo poo...! How did I not see this coming...!?)

The problems kept piling on as Natsuhiko stood by, unable to do anything--

This can't be happening...! Dammit, how the hell did this happen!?
'How', you ask? It's obvious! Someone stole the AD, that's how!
He's right, and what's more... the culprit must be one of us.
...No, there's no way that one of us did it.

But when Watase took everyone there to dispel their suspicions--

... Huh!?
He didn't... find a body...!?

Watase was cast in doubt.

Were you... were you lying to us...?
N-no...

They pressed him further.

You claimed you went down to the basement to rescue survivors. But perhaps that's yet another lie-- And in reality, you came down for a completely different purpose.
Wh-what different purpose...?
Isn't it obvious? To kill.

And at the end, what Ukita and Jun thrust before Watase--

Come on, tell me... Captain... did you really come here to save lives...?

--were glares of rage and bloodlust.

(O-oh crap...! The situation's even worse than the last time Watase was cast under doubt...!)

But Natsuhiko was painfully aware of why they'd doubt Watase. After all--

Natsuhiko vividly recalled Mashiro's tearful voice and Salyu's wounded body.

(But now... Watase and I are in the same boat. And I hate to admit it, but the current Watase is a reliable rescue worker... Now that I have no body of my own, I can't save Salyu or Yuuri without his help...! So I need to do everything I can to clear this bastard of suspicion...!)

He knew he had to, but he didn't know how. But right after that-- someone completely unexpected stood up for Watase.

And yet you turned your backs on him the moment the AD disappeared? What kind of sane person does that?
(!! No, Professor! If you stick up for Watase in this situation--!)

Jun and Ukita glared at Ena.

Why are -you- on the Captain's side after hearing everything we've just said? I mean, you barely know the guy, right? Unless... the two of you are in cahoots or something?
I see, now I get it. I always did think you were acting strange...! Now I finally understand! You two are planning to just save yourselves and leave the rest of us to die! You were the ones who hid the AD, weren't you!? All so you could have it all to yourselves!

{It's too dangerous... take Prof. Tsubakiyama and run!}
!

Heeding Natsuhiko, Watase took Ena's hand and ran.

Trying to run!?
Not good! Hold them down!

And with those voices at their backs, Watase and Ena fled.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Determination / OMEN: 09/16/2030, 14:16

...Sounds like they're gone.
Yes...

Natsuhiko gazed at Ena through Watase's eyes. She had a tense, relentless look on her face one would never expect to see from a teacher.

(Professor... I can believe in you, can't I?)

Natsuhiko thought about how much he wanted to ask her if he could-- but that moment, a strange sensation struck him.

♪ BGM: Ominous Ambience ♫

His five senses suddenly blurred.

He knew that there should've been light. That there should've been sound. And yet--

Why did-- stick up for--... ack there?
--... Because I--... al motives--...e too.

For some reason, he couldn't perceive the world correctly. It was as if he had been struck with intense drowsiness...

Ta--... ok--... this.
--... is?

Ena was showing something to Watase. But Natsuhiko couldn't tell what.

(That's strange. Why am I)

drowsy?

(Wait, could this be--)

The BC energy

lingering within Watase

was starting to run out...

(Am I disappearing!?)

--Disappearing?

Me?

--My consciousness!?

(N-no way...!)

Natsuhiko struggled to brace his fading consciousness.

--... we do? Moribe and old man Ukita don't trust me at all, you know?
...now, so that's why--

--he became able to understand the subject of their conversation.

Wha... you're not saying you plan to go alone, are you?
Of course I am. If you came along with me with things being the way they are now, all you'd do is make things harder for me.
Well, yeah, I guess, but...
I'll be right back, so wait here, okay?

Apparently Ena intended to leave by herself.

(Don't do it, Professor... That's clearly way too dangerous...!)

But Watase showed no hint of trying to stop her.

(Hey, I'm begging you! Please stop Prof. Tsubakiyama!)

♪ BGM: The Truth is Revealed

The sound. The light. All five of his senses came back to life. --And at the same time, Watase sprang into action.

No, hold on! That's too dangerous!
Huh?
Those guys are already suspicious of you after the whole gun incident. Anything could happen if they see you now.
But... then what are we supposed to do?

Watase stopped Ena as she was opening the door.

(Whew... Thank goodness...)

But right as Natsuhiko let himself relax--

Drowsiness once again seized him in its grasp. Natsuhiko clung to reality in a desperate attempt to prevent himself from fading away. And then......... ''I thought of a way to solve all our problems.'' He could no longer catch the flow of the conversation. But he definitely heard Watase say that.

(Wh-what...? A way to solve all our problems...?)

--And right then...

Ghh! *cough*...! Wh-why...!?
(----!)

Ena's groan snapped Natsuhiko's consciousness back to reality once more.

Before he knew it, he saw Ena passed out through Watase's eyes.

{Wha... what do you think you're you doing!?}

But Watase just left the room-- --and destroyed its opening mechanism out in the hall.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Heart / QUESTION: 09/16/2030, 14:22

♪ BGM: Looming Crisis

Apparently, he intended to put out the fires in the nuclear reactor area all by himself. Natsuhiko desperately tried to stop him.

{Stop it, you dumbass! You'll die! You can't put out the fire of a burning nuclear reactor all by yourself! Even if you could, you'd be exposed to radiation for sure!}
Someone's gotta do it.
{You wanna die that badly!? Are you really okay with dying if it means saving everyone else!?}
It's not that I want to die. I just want to save everyone, that's all. ...Wanting to save people's been the one constant for me this whole time. It was all because you told me to save Yuuri way back when this all began.

Watase muttered as if he were talking to himself. Natsuhiko listened silently.

So... all I want to do is fulfill my role. I hated feeling so powerless, surrounded by nothing but fire, explosions, and smoke. When we didn't have enough AD, I went running straight into gas and a contaminated zone. When someone fell into a hole, I grabbed their hand and pulled them out. I protected Yuuri with my body when the debris threatened to crush her... This whole time, all I've ever thought about is how to save everyone.

The moment Watase said that--

♪ BGM: Evil and Nightmares

(Khh...)

He could tell that this time, he was fighting a losing battle to stay conscious. He would probably disappear soon after this. Watase's voice echoed as Natsuhiko's hearing deafened.

...I'll be damned if I let the others die because of my actions. And the same goes for letting anyone die because I did nothing. If putting out the reactor fires will save everyone, then I'll do it. Even if...

--Even if I lose my life as a result. Watase's silent determination could be felt even in Natsuhiko's consciousness. There was no lie, nor bluff, nor pretense in Watase's mind. Only the unadulterated desire to save everyone.

{... Watase... you...}

But once Natsuhiko said those words, he finally reached his time limit--...

(Ah, dammit...)

Natsuhiko cursed. He couldn't help but curse.

(... If only you were like that from the start. If only you were a righteous rescue worker, then neither me, nor Mashiro, nor Salyu would've had to suffer like this...!)

Burn that name into your ears. Carve it into your mind. Reflect on that name until the moment you die!!

♪ BGM: The Brave Decision

(What made you become a terrorist?)

That was the one question Natsuhiko found vexing.

You get it now? If you do, then shut up. ...If you keep talking, I might lose my resolve.
(... Okay, I get it.)

Natsuhiko calmly prayed.

(I'll leave the rest to you. I'm leaving Salyu, that girl, and Prof. Tsubakiyama all in your care, okay...? ... So please. Don't let me down. Okay, Watase...?)

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

OddHaberdasher posted:

Watase's connection to LABO
For lack of anything else, the only plausible connection is that 'brown haired girl' is A. The images of Past! Salyu definitely have a photograph quality to them.

Those images aren't past Salyu. They can't be if they're from 2021, and there's no reason for them to be from 2030. Furthermore, that "Salyu" is taller and older looking. Her mother or sister?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Those images aren't past Salyu. They can't be if they're from 2021, and there's no reason for them to be from 2030. Furthermore, that "Salyu" is taller and older looking. Her mother or sister?

What if she wasn't just "a Rei Ayanami" in the sense of being a quiet, awkward, mysterious but competent girl but also in the sense of being a clone

e: that's just going by "this is anime, this is a particular character type" but some sort of rapid aging or lab-environment childhood would easily contribute to her hyper-autism

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Mister Olympus posted:

but also in the sense of being a clone

Created by physical BC particles, explaining why she can't do BC, similar to Yuuri but physical. That also explains her vast amount of information: She is solidified information, a database that can't interpret by herself. :ghost:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Rescusitate / REVIVAL: 09/16/2030, 14:29

----
--But just a while later--

{Goddamnit... goddammit!}

--
----

(--?)

Though Natsuhiko's consciousness was supposedly gone for good, he heard a voice.

{Please... don't die!}

And in his nearly-faded consciousness, he rapidly began to regain sight.

♪ BGM: Psychological Warfare

He had no idea what was going on. Just that he was face to face with himself.

I... I did it!

With a sigh of relief, Watase held his hand up to Natsuhiko's mouth. He could feel a faint breath on his palm.

(I'm... breathing...?)

Natsuhiko blanked out for a few seconds, but the truth of the situation finally hit him.

(You mean... my body's still alive...!? But how!? How could I have survived with all those bullet wounds!? No, more importantly-- Wasn't a nuclear reactor supposed to have melted down here!? So shouldn't that have killed me long ago...!? ... Th-then why??? What the hell's going on!? Am I dreaming!?)

But the sensations he felt through Watase's body were no doubt reality. The stench of blood drifting in the air. The numbness of his skin. The intense headache. He could feel his entire body convulsing.

(It's not a dream...? Then what's going on with me now...? Did... did Watase save me from the brink of death with CPR!?)

Natsuhiko's body was alive. And yet his consciousness was still inside Watase. Which-- in Natsuhiko's mind-- could only mean one thing.

(--I see, so maybe!!)

At the climax of their fight, Natsuhiko destroyed Watase's memory. But the phantom Yuuri said this back then:

Indeed. The third ability of BC was not memory destruction: It was the power to connect minds. When Natsuhiko destroyed Watase's memories, their minds were connected!

(So basically, it's not that my BC energy's lingering inside Watase-- --it's that our minds have been connected through BC this entire time!? Regardless of whether Watase was awake or knocked out!?)

That would explain why Natsuhiko was able to interfere with Watase's mind and memory. But the question still remained as to how he was still alive...

(If this really were a nuclear reactor area, then I definitely would have died ages ago...! Which means... there wasn't a nuclear reactor here!? But in that case-- what the hell is this place!?)

Just then, after he had finished resuscitating Natsuhiko, Watase discovered something.

Watase picked up a pistol that was lying next to Natsuhiko. Right as Watase felt its heft--

Agh, GAAAAAAAH!! (You... you damned monster!)

Ga... agh...!

Wha... what the hell was that...!?

Bewildered by the flashback, Watase stared at Natsuhiko with gaping eyes.

(O-oh crap...!)

But immediately afterwards, Watase himself denied the memories that were trying to come back.

{... No way, there's no way that's true! Anyway, i've gotta get him to a safe place...!}

But just as Watase thought this--

(!?)

--he saw Salyu rushing towards him, axe in hand.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Danaru fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 7, 2017

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

REMEMBER THE BASICS OF CQC

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Root Double is on sale for 50% off!

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Dammit, I got it last Week! (Haven't played it though, want to keep up with the thread)

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

OddHaberdasher posted:

Dammit, I got it last Week! (Haven't played it though, want to keep up with the thread)

You might be able to swing a refund if you've played it for less than two hours - give it a go! (Edit to elaborate it: as I understand Steam refunds games no questions asked if you've played it for less than two hours and within a few weeks of purchasing it. Don't do this too often or they make cards drop slower and warn you not to refund things, but I do use it occasionally as a way to demo something.)

... I've started playing mine already though because I'm sorry, I'm too impatient. I was like this with the 999 series too when it came to it and LPs. :v:

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

StrixNebulosa posted:

You might be able to swing a refund if you've played it for less than two hours - give it a go!

Nah, I'm just mildly peeved I didn't wait for something like this. I fully intend to play (if only to hear the voices), I just don't want to risk getting ahead of the thread, I rather like speculation.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

OddHaberdasher posted:

Nah, I'm just mildly peeved I didn't wait for something like this. I fully intend to play (if only to hear the voices), I just don't want to risk getting ahead of the thread, I rather like speculation.

Speaking of voices, there's an interesting detail that you can't catch without them. When Natsuhiko calls Yuuri post-karaoke, at this spot:

TheMcD posted:

A blue branch with Yuuri at 5.

He rushed inside, wary of the security department and surveillance cameras. He picked up the receiver and dialed his home phone number. The dial tone rang. However-- Yuuri did not answer.

(...? Is she in her room?)

The only phone at home was in the living room, so if she were in her room, it was understandable that she might not be able to hear the phone ringing. But Natsuhiko waited patiently and eventually the phone connected.

In the background of Yuuri's voice, you can, if you focus, hear the sound of Natsuhiko's answering machine.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Violence / RESTRAINT: 09/16/2030, 14:33

♪ BGM: Abyss

Salyu attacked Watase with the axe. Watase took a swift kick to the temple. But he found an opening and tackled Salyu with the force of a bullet--

♪ BGM: Close to the Truth

But that supposedly dominant position didn't last long. Salyu struck Watase in the eyes, temporarily blinding him. Salyu slipped her body out from under him.

{Crap! I've gotta put some distance between us!}

Watase blindly reached out into the darkness and grabbed Salyu by the clothes.

Ah!

Watase felt Salyu lose her balance.

{--I have to defeat her right here and now!}

Watase's mind filled with a sense of violence and looming danger. Natsuhiko quickly shouted at him.

{Stop! Don't hurt her!}
!!

He applied pressure to Salyu's neck, mindful of how much strength to use--

Gah, ack...! --...

Natsuhiko could tell that Salyu was passed out cold in Watase's grip. The sight of her chest slowly rising and falling made it apparent that her life was not in danger.

(... Thank goodness...)

Watase carried Natsuhiko and Salyu as the boy sighed to himself.

The two of them then carried Natsuhiko and Salyu on over to the infirmary immediately.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Cure / UNDERSTANDING: 09/16/2030, 14:41

♪ BGM: LABO Security Lv. 2

...How's his condition? Think he can pull through?
His respiration and pulse are extremely feeble. But his vital signs are just barely stable-- I can't make any guesses as to how it'll turn out in the end, but I think he'll just pull through if we keep the transfusion going.

Though Natsuhiko was relieved to hear Kazami's words-- he couldn't help but think.

(Still... how did I survive for so long in that state...?)

Now that it had been established that there was no nuclear reactor in Area N, he understood that his body had not been affected by radiation. But Natsuhiko had been inflicted with such serious wounds that put him at such obvious risk for death from blood loss.

(Could it possibly have something to do with how I've been connected with Watase through BC this entire time?)

He had no other hunches. But he did remember what he learned in class a few days ago.

(Now that I think about it... when we practiced telepathy in the BC room, didn't Prof. Tsubakiyama say...)

Unlike the other five senses, you need concentration that transcends common sense if you want to draw out the 'sixth sense'! It's said that the concentration necessary for BC use is so extreme that it causes the five senses to dampen in turn. In certain cases, even vital signs like body temperature and pulse can drop... Once you reach that state of concentration, a new power will awaken in your brain, opening the door to the world of BC.

--When using BC, depending on the situation, the five senses can dampen and vital signs like breathing and pulse can decrease. All the answers were there.

(Ever since I lost consciousness back then, I've been connected to Watase through BC. So in other words, my brain's been concentrating this entire time for the continuous use of BC. And as a result, my body's respiration and pulse have decreased dramatically--)

When Natsuhiko had used long-distance telepathy on Mashiro, his face had gone pale. Use of BC's ''third ability'' likely required even more extreme concentration from the brain. Enough to cause the body to go into hibernation--

(I see... so that's how my body was able to minimize blood loss despite being shot by Watase so many times.)

By the time Natsuhiko finally reached that conclusion, a sound rang out from behind Watase.

Well well, if it isn't Captain Kasasagi and Lieutenant Tachibana. I thought I heard noises coming from here. What might you two be up to?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I thought I had a real clever theory because the dudeman who caused the Case N 9 years ago was "Senior Fellow S", and Ukita mentioned that the LABO heirarchy is made up of Junior Members like him, and Senior Members like Professor Tenkawa, so I thought maybe Senior Fellow S was actually "Senior Fellow Sannomiya" since we know the France stuff is bullshit and she got memory-zoned by LABO. Turns out his name was "Koki Sumida", so no luck there. :( I did notice though, that the internal report notes two deaths, Sumeda and who we thought was Yuuri, but if she's still alive, that means someone else died. They also change the nomenclature from "Zero" to "N", so that could have been when Subject A died and they replaced them with Nagisa.

I've slept like six hours in the last two/three days and I have to stay up to hard-reboot my sleep schedule, so I realize this is the equivalent of a shitpost, but maybe someone can do something with that info. Senior Fellow S is definitely an important part of this considering Q ripped off his plan wholesale for the whole "fulton the babies" plan they're on now.

Also a cute thing I noticed, the little bar on the dialogue changes based on who's perspective we're on:

Grey is no-one specific

Orange is Natsuhiko

Pink is Mashiro that time we empathy'd her

Blue is Watase.

I wouldn't be surprised if that came up later, so keep it in mind.

EDIT: Also I still don't know what this is but it's clearly a tell for something like the static was

Danaru fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 7, 2017

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Danaru posted:

EDIT: Also I still don't know what this is but it's clearly a tell for something like the static was

Well, the transition is actually pretty clear - it's for when Natsuhiko travels between his memories of the past and the actual present.

Also, sleep-deprived theorycrafting is the best. I remember staying up for ages trying to beat 999 but being unable to work out the right order for the endings I was missing, and I would come up with the weirdest theories. None of them panned out, but it was fun. Then I did it again with Danganronpa, and that was even crazier.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

TheMcD posted:

Well, the transition is actually pretty clear - it's for when Natsuhiko travels between his memories of the past and the actual present.

Also, sleep-deprived theorycrafting is the best. I remember staying up for ages trying to beat 999 but being unable to work out the right order for the endings I was missing, and I would come up with the weirdest theories. None of them panned out, but it was fun. Then I did it again with Danganronpa, and that was even crazier.

Oh, I figured it would be a tell for like, I dunno YBC-induced time travel or something :v: I'm very tired

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Danaru posted:

Oh, I figured it would be a tell for like, I dunno YBC-induced time travel or something :v: I'm very tired

Well, it's not quite time travel - it seems like it, since Natsuhiko can make choices and all, but it's basically just somebody (probably the "real Yuuri" - which at this point only means ''she's a physical presence'' really - but it could be anybody at this point) using the third power of BC, watching his memories (which then makes Natsuhiko see them as well, as we've seen Natsuhiko do with Watase), and then using that third power to manipulate memories of Yuuri to nudge him into the direction of trusting Mashiro and Salyu (we now know this because we know what the static means now), which allows him to overcome learning the truth about the Yuuri he thought he knew all this time and not going comatose again.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan, I love the theorycrafting but please get some sleep.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I'll sleep when Mashiro is acquitted :mad:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Danaru posted:

I'll sleep when Mashiro is acquitted :mad:

Aw jeez, we'll be here for a while.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

By the way, TheMcD, thank you for this LP. It brought this game to my attention and got me to purchase it instead of ignoring it for another year or something. I'm having a good time reading it myself now thanks to you! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

asymmetrical
Jan 29, 2009

the absence or violation of symmetry
This route is making me like Watase even more, actually. :unsmith:

• Locked thread