Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

Ciaphas posted:

Yeah I was trying to figure out why I'm not really engaging hard wi th this game, and it's definitely the lack of music

I just got off of the plateau and I'm kinda :geno: but I dunno if the game changes much so I'm soldierin' on

I will concede that the chill ambient makes it very, very easy to play for 4-10 hours straight without noticing the passage of time, compared to older titles where the high-energy pumpin' jams would lead to fatigue after a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Ciaphas posted:

Incidentally I just got off the Plateau and I'm still in my lovely too small pants and shirt and now I'm worried I missed stuff, but I'm terrible about exploring in video james

Maybe that's why I'm not attaching to this too hard too, I'm usually much more of a theme park than a sandbox game player

You absolutely missed some pants which were around the temple of time area I think and the doublet which was a quest reward from the old man

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

gently caress Lynel, man. Spent an hour trying to kill that fucker because I'd get him down to a sliver of health over and over then he'd get a lucky shot off on me because the dodging in this game is so inconsistent and he has a absurdly large attack range. Took so many hits from my 50-atk Edge of Duality that it loving broke when he was down to 25%. Sure I probably could have come back later when I had more heart and better gear, but gently caress that, that son of a bitch needed to be punished right away.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

You should be able to mount a goat and walk straight up cliffs on them 🤔

Also I'm starting to think I'm overdoing it with exploring every square inch of the map. After 15 hours of doing nothing but exploring the plateau and the Necluda province (and whatever shrines I come across) I have 3 pages each of materials and food. I have hundreds of ingredients and monster parts, there's no way I'm ever gonna use all this stuff. And this game is gonna take me over 200 hours at this rate 😳

im doing the same poo poo lmao

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have been pronouncing all 'Hy' related names wrong for years :negative:

It's HIGH-lyian, not HILL-yian

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The full set makes the bandanna work. I don't got the deets for you, but from my understanding, you need to go Southwest to reach it.

Lost Woods is so loving cool. It has a strong-rear end gimmick that's amazing when you figure it out.

Solid, yeah I figured if I follow the Gerudo path of the main quest, I'd get it, but I'm super hesitant to make that my first route since boy i'll die in that desert

on the other hand, gerudos own

also man i cant imagine what the Lost Woods are like in this game gently caress

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

You're a crazy person. I could spend the rest of my life raiding Bokoblin encampments. Slaughtering those little bastards is its own reward.

It's the most fun I've had in an open world game since Shadow of Mordor: Orc Murder Simulator.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
How does the stabling work? Does it mean I can always get the horse back, even if I wander away and it disappears? Mainly concerned about Epona as I read that you can only summon her once. Seems a bitch to have to constantly check her in and out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

:stare:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

How does the stabling work? Does it mean I can always get the horse back, even if I wander away and it disappears? Mainly concerned about Epona as I read that you can only summon her once. Seems a bitch to have to constantly check her in and out.

Once you register a horse, they stay right where you leave them. You can even see them on the map.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Infinitum posted:

This makes up for finding out that it's pronounced Kak-A-ree-ko instead of Ka-KARE-uh-ko

UZR IS BULLSHIT fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 5, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
why are y'all pronouncing zelda names so busted like....

like I feel someone's about to post "I just met the Guh-rans on Deie-th Moun-tain"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Zora's Domain Weapon-sidequest question Where is the ceremonial spear the dude chucked off the bridge?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This makes up for finding out that it's pronounced Kak-a-ree-ko instead of Ka-KARE-uh-ko

The names are either pronounced with japanese in mind or english in mind super haphazardly and it's awesome

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

This makes up for finding out that it's pronounced Kak-A-ree-ko instead of Ka-KARE-uh-ko

It's not Caca Rico?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I was wondering if/how the game was going to handle giving out unique weapons. They can be repaired.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

It's not Caca Rico?

That's what I was going for with the first one

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Calaveron posted:

Also I still need a hat and I don't like the Hylian Hood or the helmet where do I find more hats

Do you have a Smash Bros. Link amiibo? You get a good hat from that.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
One of the stables lets you give your horses a haircut and change the saddle style :stare:

THIS GAME HAS SO MUCH

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

You can't wear a horse as a hat, jivjov :colbert:.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

jivjov posted:

I've gotten a shield and a horse so far, no hat yet
I still wanna know if there's a hero tunic and hat equivalent here or is it all just the champion shirt

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
Some of these towers are loving intense, completely unassailable until late game.

Also Skull Island is legit. Even Bokoblins will one-hit you up there, but there's some nutty stuff.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can't wear a horse as a hat, jivjov :colbert:.

Epona is a 1 time summon. If you don't stable him you're hosed.

After that the chest will spawn various items. Potentially armour.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Epona is a 1 time summon. If you don't stable him you're hosed.

After that the chest will spawn various items. Potentially armour.

Well, Freckles is still a very good horse with four spurs and is pretty speedy and tough

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Zora's Domain Weapon-sidequest question Where is the ceremonial spear the dude chucked off the bridge?

In the water directly below him. Use a magnet

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Whoever decided to design a Stasis puzzle with a 100% perfect timing requirement can go gently caress themselves. With a spike wrapped bat. The control scheme, at least on the Wii U, is not tight enough to make it anything but pure random chance to complete the second Mirro Shaz puzzle.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Played this game for like 10 hours and have two major problems;

-The complete lack of music while exploring is super dull. I normally like ambient tracks but I don't think it really fits Zelda. Its too minimalist.

-Cooking a fairy does not actually cook it

Otherwise its super fun

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Epona is locked behind an amiibo? Dumb as gently caress

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

nessin posted:

Whoever decided to design a Stasis puzzle with a 100% perfect timing requirement can go gently caress themselves. With a spike wrapped bat. The control scheme, at least on the Wii U, is not tight enough to make it anything but pure random chance to complete the second Mirro Shaz puzzle.

There is a special place in Hyrule Hell for Mirro Shaz, and if there isn't one I will make one for him and hate him into it.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Any tips on ways to get more rupees early on?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Despera posted:

In the water directly below him. Use a magnet

My man

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Dork457 posted:

Find ore nodes, bomb them, sell lewt.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
So it looks like the chests do not refill from blood moons. As far as I can tell.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dork457 posted:

Get a hammer (or any weapon, or stick to bombs) and mine. There's breakable rocks that have amber and such in lots of places, mountains specially (if you can reach the edge of the Death Mountain zone before the heat kicks in then you're aces) and sometimes you'll get rare gems that sell for over 200 rupees a pop.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The absolute worst Shrine is the gyro control one near the Dueling Spires stable near the river's edge behind a bombable wall.

the controls were sooooo terrible and inconsistent and i wanted to die

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I thought you could still get the amiibo rewards in-game it'd just take you longer so presumably you could find Epona out there in the wild

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Infinitum posted:

gently caress that, it's still hill-ian in my canon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Moltrey posted:

The absolute worst Shrine is the gyro control one near the Dueling Spires stable near the river's edge behind a bombable wall.

the controls were sooooo terrible and inconsistent and i wanted to die

i did that while I was in the passengers seat of a car. lmao. the bumps did not help

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

It's cool that the shrines basically add up to a huge dungeon, I love the optional hidden chests.

It's fun to solve a puzzle and not be sure if you are abusing a mechanic or if it's just a super clever puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

eonwe posted:

i did that while I was in the passengers seat of a car. lmao. the bumps did not help
lmaooo gently caress that, bless your soul.

the only cool thing about that shrine was trying to jury rig the paths into ways so you could scurry along them rather than figure out how they actually wanted you to do it