Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I naturally assumed this was supposed to go in your butt, but no, it's worse.

It's better. Sounding snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I don't understand how it works when AliExpress is advertising a knockoff like that shirt where it'd be nearly impossible to get the print right without having the actual source material. And if they have the source material they're likely to be the official manufacturer. But then they have different sizes than the official retailer?!

It's not like that shirt is super popular that the AliExpress guy was like "I'm going to make a knockoff of that shirt by hand"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

500 good dogs posted:

I don't understand how it works when AliExpress is advertising a knockoff like that shirt where it'd be nearly impossible to get the print right without having the actual source material. And if they have the source material they're likely to be the official manufacturer. But then they have different sizes than the official retailer?!

It's not like that shirt is super popular that the AliExpress guy was like "I'm going to make a knockoff of that shirt by hand"

You're assuming they give a poo poo about getting the print right.

Best possible scenario, they got the contract to print the shirt and ripped it off. Worst case scenario, they took the image off the website, blew it up and print it on whatever size shirts they're set up to handle already.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

FrozenVent posted:

Best possible scenario, they got the contract to print the shirt and ripped it off. Worst case scenario, they took the image off the website, blew it up and print it on whatever size shirts they're set up to handle already.

Yeah I guess I'd be surprised if they went through the hassle for an already virtually no volume product like those rageon products to even set up the AliExpress product page unless they were already making them and figured they could double dip.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

just buy one and post the results

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
I already bought the legit version of the sweatshirt someone buy the alix version and we can compare notes

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

It's not like an entire single factory is dedicated to a design. They use metal molds for plastic crap and silk screen printers for shirts and whatnot, its as simple as stealing/buying defunct designs/using them after work hours.

The size discrepancy can be explained away as an employee taking the design and using it at a different place, or maybe Rageon commissioned a select number of those hoodies and afterwards the design was just sitting there to be sold off. There was a recent case with NJ figure company Four Horsemen where a factory owner just up and stole the metal molds, and it took a chill bigger company (NECA) to find them.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Neurolimal posted:

It's not like an entire single factory is dedicated to a design. They use metal molds for plastic crap and silk screen printers for shirts and whatnot, its as simple as stealing/buying defunct designs/using them after work hours.

The size discrepancy can be explained away as an employee taking the design and using it at a different place, or maybe Rageon commissioned a select number of those hoodies and afterwards the design was just sitting there to be sold off. There was a recent case with NJ figure company Four Horsemen where a factory owner just up and stole the metal molds, and it took a chill bigger company (NECA) to find them.

Yeah, I understand that, it's probably not that hard to configure whatever size you want. But like that RageOn stuff, they make them on demand when you order one (hence me assuming they're the same as the AliExpress product exactly, they wouldn't be 13 business days to ship from RageOn if they had any inventory or were doing it in house or even in country).

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

500 good dogs posted:

I already bought the legit version of the sweatshirt someone buy the alix version and we can compare notes

Who is a bad enough dude to buy the hoodie to prove a point on the internet

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't believe Bill Watterson finally caved and let aliexpress sell a shirt with Calvin and Hobbes on it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I can't believe Bill Watterson finally caved and let aliexpress sell a shirt with Calvin and Hobbes on it

what's next, far side on the internet?!

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
So I'm about to spend way to much money on Aliexpress. Will my credit card get stolen if I place the order?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

FrozenVent posted:

I bought a Tupac sweatsuit off AE and there was visible JPG artifacts on the print

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ZHamburglar posted:

So I'm about to spend way to much money on Aliexpress. Will my credit card get stolen if I place the order?

its been said multiple times but no

your payment goes thru alipay which is part of a massive company, and the seller never sees your cc number (its like paypal).

ive been using aliexpress for a long long time and never had a credit card fraud issue.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord
Eh, I got a cart full of (non-comedy) shirts I want to order. If I normally wear a US men's small should I be looking at ordering mediums or larges?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Large, probably. I'm on the slimmer side of the US medium and a Chinese XL is a good but close fit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Iron Prince posted:

Eh, I got a cart full of (non-comedy) shirts I want to order. If I normally wear a US men's small should I be looking at ordering mediums or larges?

Err on the larger size. The problem with the shirts I've bought has been length more often than width and going up a size can make all the difference. If the store doesn't have a good sizing chart then you should be buying 2 sizes higher than what you usually wear.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

here's todays aliexpress adventure for me

i ordered these utility knives -

i thought, a small little knife, could be pretty useful, so i ordered a few of them.

the package came today.

this is what i received.

you pull the giraffe's rear end off, and there's your knife

I'm not really annoyed, because, eh whatever at least they are knives so i can still use them, and sure, i guess they are sorta cute.

welp peace.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
so like when it's that different... do you dispute? I don't know aliexpress etiquette

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

500 good dogs posted:

so like when it's that different... do you dispute? I don't know aliexpress etiquette

i dont care enough to, they were 50 cents a piece anyway.

i think if you try to dispute it their argument will be basically "its still a knife, why are you complaining"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Ah yes, the ol "make a knife look like a kids toy" trick. What's the worst that could happen.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Ah yes, the ol "make a knife look like a kids toy" trick. What's the worst that could happen.

I mean it's called a school cutter.

Also I think you should dispute or review based on the grounds of having no hole for keychain!

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Happy Halloween, kids

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i dont care enough to, they were 50 cents a piece anyway.

i think if you try to dispute it their argument will be basically "its still a knife, why are you complaining"

they're like 0.15$ in chinese stores, probably even less wholesale. that's a pretty decent profit margin

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

abuse culture. posted:

Happy Halloween, kids

holy poo poo that'd be awesome

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
On a real note, how safe is it to order Xiaomi phones on here? I know they are pretty drat good phones, but are they legit on AliExpress?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I ordered two of those knives. hope I too get a cute animal knife.

yoloer420
May 19, 2006

ZHamburglar posted:

On a real note, how safe is it to order Xiaomi phones on here? I know they are pretty drat good phones, but are they legit on AliExpress?

They'll come with a malware infested firmware. Basically people approach the resellers on there with offers of free multi-language hacked operating systems. The provider gets paid when they steal your info. The reseller can sell the phone as supporting languages that Xiaomi don't. Everyone wins!

Basically yes, buy them from reseller: Hong Kong goldway but also order a flasher cable so you can replace the firmware with the official version downloaded from Xiaomi directly.

Look up the flash instructions for the phone you want, chances are you'll be after something called an "EDL cable". Xiaomi are aware of this practice and provide software that works with the EDL cable to remove "vendor ROMs" (malware).

Enjoy your new cheap phone! I suggest the Mi5 or Mi5 plus.

Edit: make sure the phone you get supports the right frequencies for the counties you want to use it in.

yoloer420 fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Mar 5, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I bought some stickers and they sent me some way cuter ones so idgaf :cheers:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

here's todays aliexpress adventure for me

i ordered these utility knives -

i thought, a small little knife, could be pretty useful, so i ordered a few of them.

the package came today.

this is what i received.

you pull the giraffe's rear end off, and there's your knife

I'm not really annoyed, because, eh whatever at least they are knives so i can still use them, and sure, i guess they are sorta cute.

welp peace.

This owns. You won AE.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

ZHamburglar posted:

Copies of your credit card will be available for sale an hour later for 75c

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

Who is a bad enough dude to buy the hoodie to prove a point on the internet

Idgaf about proving a point but I'm a euro L so that's like an asian XL maybe ?

e The renaissance babby hoodie in my cart has a conversion chart

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 5, 2017

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ohhai
Apr 5, 2011

500 good dogs posted:

The rules are usually if you have a problem message the seller before disputing and the seller will usually fix whatever the issue is.

I think someone earlier in the thread had the same problem, messaged the seller, and the seller sent a new one out without wanting the old one back.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

500 good dogs posted:

they all state they want you to contact them before. they'll probably dox you if you're being a dick over a 50cts item

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

500 good dogs posted:

You can, but my general rule is not to be a dick about anything that cheap :shrug:.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
By the way, it's usually pretty inexpensive to upgrade to e-Packet from whatever free shipping they're offering and it about halves delivery time. It's worth checking out as an option if you want something relatively quickly, and it's tracked.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

500 good dogs posted:

Contact the seller, they're all so worried about a negative review, they'll do whatever to make you happy. I've done it a couple times when the difference actually mattered, they never want the old stuff back, and they send the new stuff in record time

With those knives, they probably ran out of the old kind and substituted.

Pick posted:

By the way, it's usually pretty inexpensive to upgrade to e-Packet from whatever free shipping they're offering and it about halves delivery time. It's worth checking out as an option if you want something relatively quickly, and it's tracked.

Seconding this. It can also be cheaper to find a seller who is charging nine cents more for Thing, but has free ePacket shipping included. The other methods take much longer.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Whatever planes they put my orders on have been sitting in the air for world record times according to tracking. I'm beginning to think they are not planes at all and that my e parcels are floating to the eastern seaboard through natural channels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm thinking if ordering a keychain pill container to put my Burt's Bees in because I can never find it in my bag. Is Chinese aluminum radioactive or lead infused or anything?