Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyskil
Jan 28, 2009
Everyone having trouble with the sheikah sensor being annoying, you can turn it off if you hit Y on the map screen. Not great if you still want to have it searching for things without beeping so much though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Deceptive Thinker posted:

First dungeon down!
After playing practically 2 full days nonstop

Same here, was pretty cool.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Can't you do them in whatever order? Which one did you do first

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
It took me all drat day, but I climbed every single tower and I have the full map now.

I haven't even started the main quest after kakariko. I've been so busy just exploring.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Macintosh HD posted:

Can't you do them in whatever order? Which one did you do first

I did the Zora one because it's basically the first area I went to after the early stuff

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Zaphod42 posted:

It took me all drat day, but I climbed every single tower and I have the full map now.

I haven't even started the main quest after kakariko. I've been so busy just exploring.

Kudos, that is epic. I haven't been to Kakariko yet, only people I've run into are that one Stable west of there and people in the ruins area etc. I've probably played 15 hours or so total past two days.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Heavy Metal posted:

I love that this game lets you save whenever you want and saves so often, it's a beautiful thing. That's my kind of challenge, you can have enemies that one shot you a lot, but it's all good you don't lose anything if you take a few tries. Plus if you want to stop playing and do something else, you don't lose progress, very nice

This is my fav bit. Save points are annoying as gently caress and having to redo the same mundane poo poo that takes 15 mins because you died at one part, gently caress that

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...
Can you stable non-horse creatures?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Nope

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Calaveron posted:

How long did it take you to realize that pretty much all the named areas are names or references to previous Zelda characters and locations

That's how they named the sages in OoT. Their names come from towns in Zelda 2.

This game goes overboard with it and I love it. There's a LOT of Zelda names they used, too.

Also I finally got to the Rito village. The music threw me for a second but when I understood it, I couldn't stop smiling.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Goddamn, how much stamina does it take to tame a wild stag? I go through all my stamina items and I still get bucked off.

Is there a trick to the button mashing to soothe?

Update: I'm a loving idiot who was pressing left trigger instead of left bumper. :negative:

Dad Jokes fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 5, 2017

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dr. Carwash posted:

Can you stable non-horse creatures?

Nope. :negative:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
What the hell can you do with chuchu jelly? It doesn't seem to work in elixirs or food.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm pretty sure I didn't do this purple goop tower the right way but gently caress it I was stuck here for like 20 minutes trying to figure it out I'll take the win.

Dr. Carwash
Sep 16, 2006

Senpai...

Game ruining :negative:.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

What the hell can you do with chuchu jelly? It doesn't seem to work in elixirs or food.

It's an armor upgrade material, at least.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I encounter a Black Hinox in the southern area of Hyrule that doesn't appear to have a tower.. I beat it and it dropped those puzzle orbs. Where does it go?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I've heard two sound effects from bloodborne so far lol

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm almost there, I need the south east area and the small chunk just north of the desert to the west. How do you climb the Faron tower? Do you just need a shitload of stamina?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I love that everyones game experience is so uniquely theirs. No set path. Just go out and discover this massive gently caress-off enough world :allears:

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I've heard two sound effects from bloodborne so far lol

Licensed sound effects :shrug:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm almost there, I need the south east area and the small chunk just north of the desert to the west. How do you climb the Faron tower? Do you just need a shitload of stamina?

The one in the military training camp? Glide off the wooden structure next to it.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Just sat at a campfire til morning in an apparent former bokoblin camp. Apparently this doesn't negate the blood moon happening. Woke up in surrounded.

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
I slapped my wolf link amiibo on the game pad and he was summoned with 20 hearts. What the hell? From what I understand, his heart containers are somehow tied to your progress in Twilight Princess HD...which I have very little progress in (didn't even start water temple) because I realized I had no desire to replay it.

Is it somehow tied to my original Wii progress? Is that data even on my Wii U? Is it tied to my account? Does Nintendo even know how to link such things? Or is it simply a glitch?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Waffleopolis posted:

I encounter a Black Hinox in the southern area of Hyrule that doesn't appear to have a tower.. I beat it and it dropped those puzzle orbs. Where does it go?

There's an empty puzzle ball bowl in karikiko village if you are up for a walk

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I just did the thing with the Zora prince in the reservoir to get into the elephant. Oh my god that was fun. It was like a boss fight before the dungeon!

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Infinitum posted:

I love that everyones game experience is so uniquely theirs. No set path. Just go out and discover this massive gently caress-off enough world :allears:

Licensed sound effects :shrug:

The first one is the sound the skeletons make. Maybe. The second one is the scream the cleric beast makes. That seems less stock sounding

I don't mind! And maybe it is stock. Still amazing.

I agree. I love you can seriously carve out your own path.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Despera posted:

There's an empty puzzle ball bowl in karikiko village if you are up for a walk

I found it. Thanks. Also IS there a map Tower in the southern most region? I just cannot find it.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
:siren:Hey so I discovered the repeatable trick for the optional golf puzzle in the shrine.:siren:

Just hit the ball 5 times with a two handed weapon and once with a one handed weapon. Don't need to move it and it goes in every time

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Swimming up waterfalls and launching right into a glide is dope as gently caress.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Waffleopolis posted:

I found it. Thanks. Also IS there a map Tower in the southern most region? I just cannot find it.

Which southern region? Bottom right, or bottom center? The tower for the bottom center is on the south side of Hylia Bridge. Haven't been to the bottom right region yet.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

How did you get rid of the ice around the tower near the stable? I'm assuming fire arrows but I didn't have any and didn't try it. I used bomb arrows but it didn't do anything. Couldn't climb over the ice either.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
Far enough in to the meat of the game that I am comfortable in putting this in my top 5 games of the last decade or so. Maybe that'll change with time, but I've been really shocked at how this game has engulfed me, in a way I haven't felt since probably Witcher 3? I think there are some real things to fault, and no it is not a "perfect game" whatever the hell that means. If you don't like open world games it's still an open world game, there is a (seriously small and situational) amount of framerate chugging, the voice acting is middling, and yeah you have to get used to your weapons breaking a lot as part of the game's system for keeping you invested in loot so you don't get bored of finding things.

but

I'm so impressed by how they've balanced the mechanics so you're never really lacking anything if you play smart, and yet you're always hunting for bigger advantages so you have the incentive to go off the beaten path to look for things, and you're always being shown something new, big or small. you're pretty rarely "farming" for stuff if you just take the time to pick things up as you run past. the game world is beautiful and compelling, and there's real variety and detail to it. and the combat is really well done and varied, and the puzzles inside the shrines are clever, and are you getting bored of this mountain well let's paraglide over a deep chasm to that other one and then there's a weird little magnet puzzle on the side of this desolate cliff, oh hey an adorable leaf sprite popped out and gave you a seed that you should get to that fat leaf sprite with the maracas, but he went to a location you haven't been yet? whatever better snowboard down on your cheapest shield into a moblin camp under you, then set off a sweet midair headshot on the archer in the tower before laying waste with a pitchfork you ripped out of one of their cold dead hands, oh nice five fire arrows in the reward chest you were down to your last one those're always useful, oh you're really close to that shrine you pinged ages ago and forgot about, wait where were you going originally, oh right that village that's way the hell off to the east, but maybe you should go to bed because its loving 4 am?

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 5, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

How did you get rid of the ice around the tower near the stable? I'm assuming fire arrows but I didn't have any and didn't try it. I used bomb arrows but it didn't do anything. Couldn't climb over the ice either.

Fire arrows will melt it. You'll likely need 5-10 of them though.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

Which southern region? Bottom right, or bottom center? The tower for the bottom center is on the south side of Hylia Bridge. Haven't been to the bottom right region yet.

Sorry, I mean Southeast, the region where Lurelin VIllage is.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

s.i.r.e. posted:

All of them are doable without a shitton of stamina, although a couple of them are pretty drat hard. If you think its impossible, its probably because you're overlooking something; I did the same thing. I figured you just couldn't climb a couple towers till later; Faron may have been one of them.

If its raining it may be impossible, so wait until daytime, and kill any wizrobes because I think the lighting ones can cause rain?

Anyways for the ones that seem impossible you generally just have to find a nearby structure or mountain to jump off and glide to halfway up the tower. From there its business as usual.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Waffleopolis posted:

There's a map tower in every region. I have them all, full map.

DoYouHasaRabbit posted:

Fire arrows and or fire orb. You're gonna need a few arrows at least.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Getting real sick of constantly getting one-shot by enemies. Considering doing stealth from this point on cause even with two-level defense buffs, +1 equips and the most button mashy of different attempts, I still get one-shot by moblins. I really don't like the combat in this game.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 5, 2017

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
Hey quick questions but don't want big spoilers

I'm a bit in, just got the paraglider- I did a big media blackout on this and loving it so much.

1. Do you ever get more space to hold weapons

2. Can you eventually craft weapons and ammo

3. Are there big sprawling dungeons like in old games or just these mini ones I'm seeing?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

And my first dungeon done (the gerudo one)

The boss killed me half a dozen times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Getting real sick of constantly getting one-shot by enemies. Considering doing stealth from this point on cause even with two-level defense buffs, +1 equips and the most button mashy of different attempts, I still get one-shot by moblins. Considering going stealth from now on, cause I really don't like the combat in this game.

How many hearts do you have? +1 equips are not really a big deal, and +1 what? That kinda matters. A +1 basic tunic isn't poo poo compared to even a +0 proper knight armor, much less +2 or +3.

It sounds like you pulled a dark souls and wandered into the high level zone early. Go somewhere else? The game lets you go places you shouldn't if you want to, but like.. there's a natural progression that slowly builds the difficulty if you want it.