Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wasn't that obvious last week? The universe with the lowest rating was the one filled with nothing but assholes. (and a GoD who seemed okay but too weakwilled to actually do anything)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Bulma is one of the most powerful individuals on her planet.

It doesn't speak well of the moral fiber of universe 7, in my opinion.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

goku gets called evil and says its "interesting" that he's evil. doesn't object at all. just wants to fight strong dudes

this is some real good stuff. goku's going down a bad path. i wonder if this is just to set up the multiversal grudge against him or if there's something more going on here

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rutibex posted:

The tournament takes place over 2 days, I think the arena is going to be really huge. Like the size of a continent. Large enough that you could stay near the center and Hit would not have enough time to run to the edge and dump you.

Its 48 minutes, not 48 hours.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Nick noltes universe is going to be the winner.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"Everyone come at me as hard as you can!" - Goku, Episode 81

I can't wait for all 70 of the opposing fighters to immediately swarm Goku and throw him out of the ring.

I know it won't happen, but it would be hilarious if everyone just ganged up on Goku and eliminated him right off the bat.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vegeta is gonna be pisssssed. Angry Vegetables fighting for his family will be the MVP. Everyone has forgotten him for that scrub Gohan. These episodes can't come soon enough I'm so excited.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Wasn't that obvious last week? The universe with the lowest rating was the one filled with nothing but assholes. (and a GoD who seemed okay but too weakwilled to actually do anything)

It was pretty clear to me, but a bunch of smug folks kept saying otherwise.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

Its 48 minutes, not 48 hours.

Twist: the time keeper is Frieza

It was already established that the gods use a different time scale than filthy Ningen. Who knows how long a Zeno minute is.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

also worth remembering that Zeno might decide to change the rules on the fly because he's a child and his whims will gravitate towards just wanting to see cool stuff. so who knows if the rules will all stay as-is for the whole thing.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I'm glad everyone from the other universes lost their poo poo when Goku pulled out SSB.

I'm rooting for the Robo universe.

I hope Toppo fights GREAT SAIYAMAN

Manatee Cannon posted:

they just said that teamwork is important, so bringing the literal children with a history of playing around when it matters isn't the best idea

Hey! Goku trusts Gohan, why don't you?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Rutibex posted:

It was already established that the gods use a different time scale than filthy Ningen. Who knows how long a Zeno minute is.

The original measurement was 100 tak which Whis explained is 48 earth minutes. Are you just commenting without watching or something? Because this poo poo got explained.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Whis, who quite explicitly converted it for their benefit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caros posted:

The original measurement was 100 tak which Whis explained is 48 earth minutes. Are you just commenting without watching or something? Because this poo poo got explained.

I watched it live without any subtitles, then got the gist of the story from Geekdom101 review of the episode :shrug:

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Rutibex posted:

I watched it live without any subtitles, then got the gist of the story from Geekdom101 review of the episode :shrug:

Maybe watch the subtitled episodes that you can actually understand since clearly you didn't get the gist of the episode from that.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rutibex posted:

gosh darned foolish, imo

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Why would you watch live without subtitles when you can watch live with subs for free anyway

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Only watching/reading a summary after is dumb but live without subs is always earlier than live with.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Three thoughts:
1. Knowing Hit, he probably still requires payment from Champa to participate in this tournament. Universe on the line or not, we have never seen him fight for free.

2. If my previous knowledge of Battle Royales are any indication, this match will be fun for a bit until THE BIG SHOW comes in and eliminates all of the non-Saiyans from Universe 7.

3. Definitely a good idea to leave Goten and Trunks home if there is no flying. They're bad at team work and they are the size of 6 year olds.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ImpAtom posted:

Goten is clearly the Raditz of the Son Goku Family.

That's a hosed up thing to say about a guy.

True tho

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Three thoughts:
1. Knowing Hit, he probably still requires payment from Champa to participate in this tournament. Universe on the line or not, we have never seen him fight for free.

2. If my previous knowledge of Battle Royales are any indication, this match will be fun for a bit until THE BIG SHOW comes in and eliminates all of the non-Saiyans from Universe 7.

3. Definitely a good idea to leave Goten and Trunks home if there is no flying. They're bad at team work and they are the size of 6 year olds.

Roman Reigns is the 80th entrant, and all the gods in attendance start booing their heads off.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think Raditz is the Raditz of Son Goku's family, given that he is literally a member of Son Goku's family.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
These are the Zeno/Goku Games, and Super Perfect Goku must fight full force or the planetuniverse will be turned to space dust. Someone in-verse will probably bring it up.

My own thought is vaguer. The Angels sometimes listen to Zeno, and sometimes just 'speak in his name', like they just know.

Telepathy? Or are they assuming? Controlling?

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 5, 2017

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Bets on what happens week after next? Will Toppo get defeated and cause Swole Grey Alien to seek revenge during the tournament proper?

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Mar 5, 2017

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Pureauthor posted:

Bets on what happens week after next? Will Toppo get defeated and cause Swole Grey Alien to seek revenge during the tournament proper?

They are gonna set Goku up to look like such a stupendous rear end in a top hat

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It took 40 years but that bump on the head finally killed off the last of Goku's humanity. Now all that's left is a monstrous Saiyan lust for battle. Zeno may be technically the villain but Goku's hardly less so as he doesn't care or object at all to how things are going.

Bergamo is a hero.

Krillin is going to win the tournament due to multiform and his Android family. Zeno will then realise that being short and bald is okay and drop his genocidal plans.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 5, 2017

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So... remember how goku has instant transmission, which is a technique and not flight? how do you eliminate him without knocking him out?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
zeno isn't the villain, he is just a force of nature

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

bowmore posted:

zeno isn't the villain, he is just a force of nature

Then nature is the villain.

Ningen lives matter.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

sassassin posted:

Then nature is the villain.

Ningen lives matter.
Agreed. Nature kills thousands of us ningen each year each through tornadoes, tidal waves, wild animals such as cave bats etc.

I think we should strike back and get revenge on nature, perhaps through some process of destroying the ozone. That'll show nature to gently caress with us.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

tbp posted:

you guys keep making stuff like this up. the show will eventually show u again that the entire point was that 7 and 9 suck in terms of strength. its the same thing w/ "wow this arc is all about goku being genocidal rofl lol punchmans xd" like dbz needs to be re-understood to be enjoyable now that we are older

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Raxivace posted:

Agreed. Nature kills thousands of us ningen each year each through tornadoes, tidal waves, wild animals such as cave bats etc.

I think we should strike back and get revenge on nature, perhaps through some process of destroying the ozone. That'll show nature to gently caress with us.

If we could kill earthquakes we would but until then we'll keep building houses that can withstand them instead of just saying "oh well, it's nature" and watching people die. You don't defeat a villain for revenge, you do it to protect people from further harm.

There are no bears or wolves in my country because wise men decided nature could suck it.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I imagine that the no kill rule literally exists just so Zen can keep Goku around even if 7 loses.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Super is so good you guys.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Alan_Shore posted:

Super is so good you guys.

Yeah it's super good.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I predict the arena is yugioh battle city sized and your starting location is 100% random. Surprised Frieza didnt get on team 7 in some kind of bs convoluted way. You get a villain from every arc as far back as post-red ribbon army and toei can keep up their obsession with that character. Hey more work for his voice actor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Aurora posted:

Goku's only used normal Kaioken since he went x10 with SSB so it's fine though?

But that would mean he was holding back and that would mean he was lying to his friend, Zen-chan.

Goku would never do that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

But that would mean he was holding back and that would mean he was lying to his friend, Zen-chan.

Goku would never do that.

Goku knows using x10 would possibly lead to him losing due to strain

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

Why would you watch live without subtitles when you can watch live with subs for free anyway

I like the Japanese commercials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Goku has fully embraced his Heel Turn. I fully expect this to be straight up wrestling where Goku goes around like he's Hulk in the NwO. "Yeah, I'm gonna risk your lives just to fight ya. WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT? HUH? LOSE?!"

• Locked thread