Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

oh thank god. its january 2016

ive just woken up from the most terrible nightmare, i dreamt we voted for brexit and they made donald trump the president of the united states lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sagebrush posted:

hmm yess early 1960s nuclear brinkmanship is indeed a cool and very good and reasonable foreign policy in 2017. let's do that in the crimea

-- *loud farting noises*

Dude the cold war was cool as poo poo I've already got plans for "cold war week" when I teach history, I'm gonna print out giant posters of various nuke tests and post them on the door every day of the week, like Monday can be IVY MIKE, Thursday can be CASTLE BRAVO and Friday is obvious TSAR BOMBA and each day we will discuss the various repercussions and mindsets of the United States citizens and political leaders etc and it will own

My mom who lived in South Florida during the Cuban missile crisis tells me of "duck and cover" drills in her high school as if ducking under a desk will help during a direct hit from a thermonuclear explosion lol, and neighbors who had paltry "fallout shelters" (for those who don't get it FL has a water table that is like all of like 6 feet hence no basements let alone serious bomb shelters)

But anyways thermonuclear war owns

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My biggest irrational fear besides being torn apart by a black hole is dying from massive radiation exposure ala slotin "well gently caress I have a week to live with each day being orders of magnitude shittier than the last"

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

T.S. Smelliot posted:

My biggest irrational fear besides being torn apart by a black hole is dying from massive radiation exposure ala slotin "well gently caress I have a week to live with each day being orders of magnitude shittier than the last"

I thought it was white genocide?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Fog Tripper posted:

I agree with you completely, as the blatant delay and obstruction will ensure there will not be a democrat majority for generations.

It got the Republicans a majority by denying the other side much in terms of accomplishments. Not sure how that's a losing strategy.

The other approach is rolling over for trump which makes the dem party look even weaker which is one of those things that will drive the left wing to have lower turnout.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
uh he got 48% of the vote and now he gets to do whatever he wants for 4 years and no one can say otherwise thats how democracy works idiot

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

XMNN posted:

uh he got 48% of the vote and now he gets to do whatever he wants for 4 years and no one can say otherwise thats how democracy works idiot

don't you know, the role of the opposition is to just kinda sit there and do nothing? that's how you get elected.

BTW, if you want to know how hosed up the D-team politicos are, the New York State legislature would normally be dominated by Democrats except about nine of them dropped out to form the IDC and vote lock-step with the Republicans to give them a majority instead. When they're called out on this they complain about 'out of state people' and 'racists'.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
heh yeah

dems are scum

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

rezatahs posted:

heh yeah

dems are scum

just 4 weeks ago or whatever D's literally voted down cheaper prescription drugs from canada, but trump did retarded things 25 years ago and wants to kill puppies lmao

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mnoba posted:

just 4 weeks ago or whatever D's literally voted down cheaper prescription drugs from canada, but trump did retarded things 25 years ago and wants to kill puppies lmao

lol if you think donald trump isnt a billionaire gonna demand straight ticket billionaire policy

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurosis posted:

A federalist structure does not mean the entire system or election is or was undemocratic.

we directly elect every other office you dumbass.

the electoral college was ONLY put in place so the slave states could have outsized influence on politics.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Mnoba posted:

"Well Donald Trump is a national disgrace with nuclear weapons and dementia BUT THOSE loving DEMOCRATS"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"trump did retarded things 25 years ago" says man who clearly woke up from a 25 year coma today.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Groovelord Neato posted:

we directly elect every other office you dumbass.

the electoral college was ONLY put in place so the slave states could have outsized influence on politics.

lmao that you elect judges in america.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJeugIJFXas

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Mar 5, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurosis posted:

lmao that you elect judges in america.

yeah it's dumb as gently caress. our entire "justice" system is hosed up.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Panzeh posted:

lol if you think donald trump isnt a billionaire gonna demand straight ticket billionaire policy
i feel like its time to post this lil baby again

beautiful

we've come so far as a species

crime weed fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 5, 2017

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Guys stop the autistic screeching, it makes you look bad

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

really queer Christmas posted:

So it's a democrat plan aka lol if that gets passed.

And?... It's clearly good for the country and what should have been done in the first place, so who cares?

I thought anyone intelligent is supposed to approach politics on an issue by issue basis, not "my team is better than your team!!11!1!"

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Panzeh posted:

hrc had access to way more money, so she wasn't any different

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mnoba posted:

hrc had access to way more money, so she wasn't any different

i know, that doesn't change anything about trump

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
we wouldn't have dow 22000 with hrc heh, lets see some fisa abuse warrants issued, and maybe rbg die and it will be the best year ever!

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The Democratic plan of becoming Republicans seems well under way and plenty of idiots are cheering it on.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Mnoba posted:

but hillary
you know someone has a strong platform when its central arguments revolve around a failed, irrelevant politician

vvv the boogeyman is alive and well in the minds of you and your friends, yes i know

crime weed fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 5, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Kjoery posted:

you know someone has a strong platform when its central arguments revolve around a failed, irrelevant politician

wait till the failure runs in 2020 lol

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Mnoba posted:

just 4 weeks ago or whatever D's literally voted down cheaper prescription drugs from canada

no they didn't

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

it's almost like mnoba is always wrong.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

new phone who dis posted:

The Democratic plan of becoming Republicans seems well under way and plenty of idiots are cheering it on.

I see that opposing trump is now a republican thing.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Kjoery posted:

vvv the boogeyman is alive and well in the minds of you and your friends, yes i know

the point is it was a lesser of two evils

runupon cracker posted:

no they didn't

uh, yes they did want to post the vote?

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mnoba posted:

'Lesser', ok buddy.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

clinton was objectively and without argument the lesser of the two evils. that was apparent prior to the past six weeks and it's only been reinforced with each passing day.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Kjoery posted:

i feel like its time to post this lil baby again

beautiful

we've come so far as a species

drat, Obama was rich as gently caress even in 2009. Not bad for a guy whose only job before entering politics was a community organizer. Did he inherit a lot of money or was it earned? Bernie Sanders has been a senator for longer than I've been alive and has a net worth less than a mil. That's pretty cool.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
that is the net worth of their cabinets
trump isnt worth 8 billion lol

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

clinton was objectively and without argument the lesser of the two evils. that was apparent prior to the past six weeks and it's only been reinforced with each passing day.

there has been little wrong the last 6 weeks unless you a sniveling neoliberal that believes everything he reads

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
it doesnt actually matter who was the lesser of two evils in the election, because the election is over

we are not in an election anymore, we are in a presidency

people can rationalize the decision they made on voting day as much as theyd like, but that doesnt change the reality we now face

Krustic posted:

drat, Obama
net worth refers to the net worth of the entire cabinet

crime weed fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 5, 2017

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Mnoba posted:

there has been little wrong the last 6 weeks unless you a sniveling neoliberal that believes everything he reads

lol another poster doesnt know what neoliberal means

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Krustic posted:

drat, Obama was rich as gently caress even in 2009. Not bad for a guy whose only job before entering politics was a community organizer. Did he inherit a lot of money or was it earned? Bernie Sanders has been a senator for longer than I've been alive and has a net worth less than a mil. That's pretty cool.

both sides have "charity" organizations that are basically pay to play schemes, John McCain's is unraveling now. The question becomes which is worse the way they got their money or the way Trump got his?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mnoba posted:

apart from the idiotic decisions like the immigration EO that have been decisively struck down by the court system just like everyone thought they would

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Krustic posted:

Please people learn to read statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

apart from the idiotic decisions like the immigration EO that have been decisively struck down by the court system just like everyone thought they would

not based on legality, based on the 9th being the 9th

• Locked thread