Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Mnoba posted:

not based on legality, based on the 9th being the 9th

Literally every court that's looked at the muslim ban has suspended it to one extent or another, the only difference with the 9th was the extent of the remedy they ordered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

runupon cracker posted:

no they didn't

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/819438895263838208

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

XMNN posted:

uh he got 48% of the vote and now he gets to do whatever he wants for 4 years and no one can say otherwise thats how democracy works idiot

it's been fine for the last two hundred or so years but now that there's a dumb outlier it's a bad system

it's like saying byzantium was awful at staying alive because it got swallowed by the turks, ignoring the fact that it was a state that persisted for a thousand years lol

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Literally every court that's looked at the muslim ban has suspended it to one extent or another, the only difference with the 9th was the extent of the remedy they ordered

I think the supreme court even without gourch would have agreed with trump, it was rushed and needs rewritten and an example of our goverment working wonderfully.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

the sooner people realize the left is just as bad for us as the right, and let trump burn everything to the ground with as little human suffering as possible the better

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mnoba posted:

the sooner people realize the left is just as bad for us as the right, and let trump burn everything to the ground with as little human suffering as possible the better

Cory Booker as the 'left'

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

runupon cracker posted:

no they didn't

your tribe is infected

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/12/cory-booker-joins-senate-republicans-to-kill-measure-to-import-cheaper-medicine-from-canada/

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Kjoery posted:

it doesnt actually matter who was the lesser of two evils in the election, because the election is over

we are not in an election anymore, we are in a presidency

people can rationalize the decision they made on voting day as much as theyd like, but that doesnt change the reality we now face

net worth refers to the net worth of the entire cabinet

Ah yes. It's still early and I haven't had my coffee yet. Yes Trump having several billionaires in his cabinet is troublesome.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5HrlKSAOQ&t=109s
i love this guy so much

(he was the one who brought us :nms: this gem :nms:)

crime weed fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 5, 2017

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

canadian drug safety standards aren't good enough for the united states lmao, 2020 democratic presidential contender cory booker says with a straight face

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

it was very obviously a violation of due process to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the constitution.

Mnoba posted:

the democrats are center-right.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Groovelord Neato posted:

And the Dems' response to progressives splitting off and costing them the election is "...we don't need them - let's make up for it by appealing more to Republicans!"

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Kjoery posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi5HrlKSAOQ
i love this guy so much

(he was the one who brought us :nms: this gem :nms:)

I watched a combined 45 seconds of both and they are fuckin garbage. He could at least get a narrator that doesn't sound like an autistic with an IQ of 95. At least Alex Jones makes me laugh.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

it was very obviously a violation of due process to anyone with even a passing knowledge of the constitution.

because no one wants to live on eating refuse and flamigo's like they are currently in Venezuela. We'll see next week after tweaking if/when try number two works whether the executive is allowed to tweak immigration.

crime weed
Nov 9, 2009

Krustic posted:

He could at least get a narrator that doesn't sound like an autistic with an IQ of 95. At least Alex Jones makes me laugh.
to be fair, thats is his target demographic, and the production value of his videos are just so good (the first video starts with a bit of a slow roll, so skipping to the middle or so is recommended)

that guys more about realpolitik talk than cans of pickles, though, its true

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mnoba posted:

because no one wants to live on eating refuse and flamigo's like they are currently in Venezuela.

the comparison would be with the nordic model, friend.

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer

Thank you for proving that Republicans defeated the measure.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Kjoery posted:

to be fair, thats is his target demographic, and the production value of his videos are just so good (the first video starts with a bit of a slow roll, so skipping to the middle or so is recommended)

that guys more about realpolitik talk than cans of pickles, though, its true

I did skip ahead on one until I saw the sheep and said nope then turned it off. The graphic lettering on "cuck" was very well done.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

the comparison would be with the nordic model, friend.

weird, i don't remember any nordic country taking over means of production? care to list which country specifically? How about Sweden that somehow manages to score less in education than the united states?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol you think "the left" is full blown communists and not just social democrats.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Everyones going to end up hating this guy so much he will end up nuking his own country to get them back.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

it's been fine for the last two hundred or so years but now that there's a dumb outlier it's a bad system

it's like saying byzantium was awful at staying alive because it got swallowed by the turks, ignoring the fact that it was a state that persisted for a thousand years lol

um i think the us had some sort of an opposition party those 200 or so years tho right??

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Obama figured Hillary would win so his abuses of power would never be investigated. He hosed.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
Is the evidence of Obama's wiretapping as flimsy as the Russian hacking evidence?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Toadvine posted:

Is the evidence of Obama's wiretapping as flimsy as the Russian hacking evidence?

the wiretaps 100% exist, that's been known for months but them being used to leak being tied to obama is highly unlikely

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Toadvine posted:

that would mean the evidence for wiretapping is rock solid.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mnoba posted:

look at this post

"judges doing things I don't like isn't a matter of legality!"

look at how dumb you are lmao

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that was legit the right wing talking point. 'they're the most overturned court in the country!!' (not only is that untrue, even if it was true the order was quite obviously unconstitutional)

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

wait are people still denying that trump's campaign had extensive contact with russia? like, the question whether it will actually matter is still open, but it's pretty obvious that it happened. carter page, paul manafort, don jr saying so, the steele dossier predicting the sale of 19% of Rosneft, ukraine position being stricken from the GOP platform, previous russian outreach to parties like Jobbik in Hungary and now the National Front w/Marine le Pen, etc.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
The Russian metadata narrative is extremely suspicious and actually there is lots of evidence that the Russian metadata was simply planted, and that this was an inside job done by a DNC official, as shown by this website http://g-2.space/. Don't be put off by the crappy design, although I still don't expect anybody to read it because, for a lot of people, facts don't matter anymore. Plus it's really long, well sourced, and really long

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 5, 2017

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

"it's been fine" is a really funny way to talk about the history of the united states

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Civil_War

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Depression

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trail_of_Tears

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_the_United_States

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Crow_laws

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

World War Mammories posted:

wait are people still denying that trump's campaign had extensive contact with russia? like, the question whether it will actually matter is still open, but it's pretty obvious that it happened. carter page, paul manafort, don jr saying so, the steele dossier predicting the sale of 19% of Rosneft, ukraine position being stricken from the GOP platform, previous russian outreach to parties like Jobbik in Hungary and now the National Front w/Marine le Pen, etc.

i dunno did they? it seems like whatever contact there was was routine and the evidence for anything bad is lacking

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

would you like to find me a state entity that lasted two hundred years or more that did not have bad and vicious times or you can just admit this post is super retarded

thanks for bothering with the wikipedia links though that really helps

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

would you like to find me a state entity that lasted two hundred years or more that did not have bad and vicious times or you can just admit this post is super retarded

thanks for bothering with the wikipedia links though that really helps

I'm just saying that it hasn't been "fine", it's been a struggle, and it's really good that america has lasted this long as essentially a democratic state.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Poetic Justice posted:

The Russian metadata narrative is extremely suspicious and actually there is lots of evidence that the Russian metadata was simply planted, and that this was an inside job done by a DNC official, as shown by this website http://g-2.space/. Don't be put off by the crappy design, although I still don't expect anybody to read it because, for a lot of people, facts don't matter anymore. Plus it's really long, well sourced, and really long

Trew Gowdy telling people to be careful trusting the NYT and WashPo media reports, insinuating they are wrong.
https://twitter.com/ZeroPointNow/status/837537169514225668?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/838351476401520640

lol Gowdy is a total loving moron just like you.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SHISHKABOB posted:

I'm just saying that it hasn't been "fine", it's been a struggle, and it's really good that america has lasted this long as essentially a democratic state.

yeah it's a great thing that the state institutions of the united states have proven so resilient and adaptable that they still manage pretty well and have weathered some pretty poo poo times and managed to improve and expand representation to even more people

and so with this in mind and their continued existence and operation still evident, you could say they have worked and still continue to work fine

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

yeah it's a great thing that the state institutions of the united states have proven so resilient and adaptable that they still manage pretty well and have weathered some pretty poo poo times and managed to improve and expand representation to even more people

and so with this in mind and their continued existence and operation still evident, you could say they have worked and still continue to work fine

"fine" doesn't include genocide and slavery lol

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SHISHKABOB posted:

"fine" doesn't include genocide and slavery lol

yes forums poster shishkabob, bad people can take the apparatus of the state and use it to do bad things, and good people can take this same apparatus and do good things, that is still done within the framework of this single state entity, whose structure itself clearly facilitates effective governance

obligatory slavery and genocide is bad footnote

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

yes forums poster shishkabob, bad people can take the apparatus of the state and use it to do bad things, and good people can take this same apparatus and do good things, that is still done within the framework of this single state entity, whose structure itself clearly facilitates effective governance

obligatory slavery and genocide is bad footnote

no, those are defining features of the history of the US. Baked into its government.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Groovelord Neato posted:

we directly elect every other office you dumbass.

the electoral college was ONLY put in place so the slave states could have outsized influence on politics.
That's really not accurate. The electoral college was put in place (as an alternative to simply having the legislature elect the president) so as to avoid unseemly politicking over the issue, "horse trading," that kind of thing. You can read the debate about it at the continental congress. A straight popular vote on the federal level was never close to being supported.

• Locked thread