Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

TFRazorsaw posted:

gently caress lynels.

gently caress LYNELS.

To think, NES era Link would usually have to fight like 6 blue Lynels at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Was getting the lady clothes really the only way of getting into Gerudo Town? Seems awfully limited for a game that allows you to tackle problems in such a varied way

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Orange Crush Rush posted:

To think, NES era Link would usually have to fight like 6 blue Lynels at once

This is like the upgrade from LoZ Peahats to the ones from Ocarina.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Harrow posted:

Guardian weapons look cool as poo poo but I'm surprised they're just as fragile as, like, bokoblin crap. When will I get weapons that last more than two fights?

If you look at their descriptions, Guardian weapons are, in fact, meant to be super fragile. They're basically high damage low durability for their gear level.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
stuck on a thing in gerudo desert: at the seven huge statues, i can't find the orb with the ring shape on it.

edit: nvm, found it.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 6, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inflammatory posted:

stuck on a thing in gerudo desert: at the seven huge statues, i can't find the orb with the ring shape on it.

Have you found the one via climbing yet?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I've been hanging on the side of a cliff for 20 minutes because it decided to start raining and is still going One in-game day later.

GOTY

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Kashuno posted:

Hi I just want you all to know upgrading the stasis runs is the best thing you can and makes lynels a big joke namaste

It makes everything a big joke. Ganon included.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Loopoo posted:

Got to Eventide island. Ragequit cause it's loving difficult. I basically broke all 9 weapons I had cause they were lovely spears or branches against that fat fucker of a Hinox. I rolled two boulders down a hill to try and crush his fat rear end but I missed both. Then I went and aced every god drat dodge, giving myself flurry blows, but my weapons would break before I even completed them. I got him down to half HP before I got zapped by lightning and just gave up. I was fighting him for like 10 mins and my weapons did barely any damage.

Dunno if I'll go back there just yet.

Sidenote, where's the Sheikah tower for the zone South-East of the stables? The one that is near the ocean. I couldn't find one anywhere, and I was standing on a huge mountain.

If you throw bombs over the ledge and roll them down to him and he cant see you he'll just stand around there and you can whittle it down. That's how I did it because gently caress battling a Hinox with tree branches and poo poo.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Was getting the lady clothes really the only way of getting into Gerudo Town? Seems awfully limited for a game that allows you to tackle problems in such a varied way

Yeah

Anyway the gerudo clothes are really good unless you want to spend your time making heat resistance elixirs all day or only travel by night and deal with skeletons

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

You can just glide over to his belly and grab the orb then run like hell instead of trying to get him down with lovely weapons.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Does anyone know what to do in the shrine in the gerudo highlands with the gyro controlled fan in the second room? There's no way that I can see to keep both buttons pressed at the same time

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Stuck on Zora domain beast. I've gotten two of the node things, and now I'm stuck. I can't figure out what to do with the big wheel that isn't spinning

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Does anyone know what to do in the shrine in the gerudo highlands with the gyro controlled fan in the second room? There's no way that I can see to keep both buttons pressed at the same time

Wait I guess rocks from your inventory are enough to hold the button down

That doesn't seem intuitive but whatever

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
EARLY IN THE GAME HELP NEEDED:

I found the first place you can in the camera roll. There was a "traveler" there that I fought but I never saw my "12 camera locations" number go down. What am I supposed to do there?

please advise

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

A Proper Uppercut posted:

Stuck on Zora domain beast. I've gotten two of the node things, and now I'm stuck. I can't figure out what to do with the big wheel that isn't spinning

Open map move trunk, hit b.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

during thunderstorm you can throw metal weapons to ground near enemies and watch lightning do its thing
I kinda want to test it out in guardian fight.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Despera posted:

Open map move trunk, hit b.

Oh yea, uh..

how I get map?

Edit: never mind, figured it out

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

El Burbo posted:

or only travel by night and deal with skeletons

I DIDN'T EVEN CONSIDER THAT

Oh my god I love how many options and approaches there are to problems in this game

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

EARLY IN THE GAME HELP NEEDED:

I found the first place you can in the camera roll. There was a "traveler" there that I fought but I never saw my "12 camera locations" number go down. What am I supposed to do there?

please advise

There should be a ring of light you can interact with to trigger a cutscene where Link remembers stuff from his past. It might by right near you somewhere... look around.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Oh yea, uh..

how I get map?

you use cryosis to raise the water under the gate to get past

I overlooked that for a long time too. Its in the first room.

Zelda tells you that you should get the map first thing, but then its easy to get distracted with the other puzzles. Thing is, without the map, you can't actually do them.

Typical Water Temple.

Whoops nm

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So for this sidequest with the ceremonial trident... What, uh, what exactly am I supposed to do here? I have the weapon, I tossed a scale in the water and nothing's happening? Do I have the wrong scale or something?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
There's SO MUCH to do in this game, SO MUCH. I was doing the Gerudo thing and after getting the thing the lady asked me to get I hosed off to the Lost Woods and now I'm planning to complete the trek to Goron City (really wish these places had better names, good money the Rito place is called like, Rito Village or something like that) and then maybe I'll trek into Hyrule Castle and see what things I find there (that's something people do right just making runs to Hyrule Castle to find weapons and stuff and then fast travel in a panic when completely surrounded by guardians?)

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Zaphod42 posted:

There should be a ring of light you can interact with to trigger a cutscene where Link remembers stuff from his past. It might by right near you somewhere... look around.

Weird. I don't see one. Do I have to use one of my powers to see it or will it just be there while I'm walking around?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

So Lynels huh, wow.

At least it was a crash course on how to git gud with the dodge flurry and perfect guard poo poo. Ended up sneaking around for the arrows instead cause he has too much HP, but I'm gonna do a Rocky style training montage and take that sumbitch down eventually.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Now go! And let the Legend of Zelda come back to life!

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Loopoo posted:

I haven't got a clue where the sheikah tower for that zone is, so it made it even more difficult for me since my map is just blue and doesn't show poo poo. I couldn't even tell what the island looked like. I was aiming for a different one but got the islands mixed up, I never wanted to go to Eventide.

same I just pin pointed outer perimeters to elucidate the island's borders. the sheikah tower is way the f west where it doesn't even seem to be part of the map, that whole area is pretty zany. there is a pretty sweet minigame that unlocks there after you finish it, infinite (?) rupees to reap

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Re; Lynels and Shock Arrows. You actually only need like 4, 6 arrows tops, not the 20 fuckers that fucker says you need

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Finally took that Lynel in front of Mount Lanayru down at the cost of all my faeries and +40 Guardian Sword. A lotta backflips and furry rushes

man gently caress those things

the realization that they don't have Boss Health Bars and are just basic mobs is terrifying

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

I'm probably not the first person to gripe about this, but my god why did Nintendo taint this otherwise nearly perfect game with awful motion control gimmicks? I just did a temple with a terrible ball maze that took a couple dozen tries to get right. I thought maybe the pro controller wasn't the best way to go so I switched to handheld mode, but that might have been worse.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oxxidation posted:

I feel like Nintendo's persistent inability to understand how modern games "work" played to their advantage this time around.

Like, open-world games aren't supposed to be like this. Most of them boil down to ten thousand collectible icons on a map and a lot of empty space because developers are worried that players will get aggravated if they feel like there's too much content they're missing, so everything is signposted and labeled and collated for our convenience and it feels like running down a checklist after the first couple of hours or so.

Nintendo meanwhile created this gigantic map with a huge variety of biomes, puzzles, and activities with only the bare minimum of tutorializing and then just kind of shrugged and walked away because they never got the memo on the hand-holding part of the design.

I'm one of the very small number of (probably stupid) people who rather likes having their hand held, sadly :(

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Oh yea, uh..

how I get map?

Remember that thing you had to do once in the tutorial shrine and then spent 20 hours forgetting about until it was necessary? Don't worry, you're not alone.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

So hands down the easiest way to make cash in this game is selling ore.

Since ore rocks slowly restore over time, the best thing to do is pin down on your map anywhere with a decent yields. I'm talking about at least 5 stones with at least 2 being the gold rare ore ones.

To start yall off, i'll give rough directions to one of my ore spots. Go to the shrine at the cliff on the south east point of the map and investigate the cliffs around that area.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Anyone know how to unlock Robbie's lab? He says he needs a picture of my wounds from 100 years ago and I have no clue how to make that happen.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
gently caress Thunderblight Ganon (Spoiler for one of the main bosses)

I have no idea how you're supposed to beat him. He has so much health, moves faster than anything I've dealt with before, and in the last half of the fight has a powerful electric aura that 2 icons worth of resistance doesn't protect against.

What's frustrating me is that I had nearly beat him once. I had him to the last sliver of his health and he handed me my rear end on a silver platter. :argh:

EDIT:

nessin posted:

Anyone know how to unlock Robbie's lab? He says he needs a picture of my wounds from 100 years ago and I have no clue how to make that happen.

You're overthinking it. The solution is much, much simpler.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ciaphas posted:

I'm one of the very small number of (probably stupid) people who rather likes having their hand held, sadly :(

i take it you loved skyward sword

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
seriously tho how do you farm rupees?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

J-Spot posted:

I'm probably not the first person to gripe about this, but my god why did Nintendo taint this otherwise nearly perfect game with awful motion control gimmicks? I just did a temple with a terrible ball maze that took a couple dozen tries to get right. I thought maybe the pro controller wasn't the best way to go so I switched to handheld mode, but that might have been worse.

You're also not the first person to be told that you can flip that entire thing upside down with the motion controls to ignore the maze.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

GobiasIndustries posted:

seriously tho how do you farm rupees?

Are you just suppose to sell stuff back in towns or something?

Also, how do I find the Kikori with the maracas again?