Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tiggum posted:

I don't think it's legal to hold people prisoner just because they happen to be foreign.

And then she was recaptured and sent back, wasn't she?

1) I was entirely joking.
2) I imagine inter-dimensional rights aren't covered in any world treaty so it would probably be a crime without a law. Supergirl's President Wonder Woman would almost certainly be a fighter for it, though.

Tree Dude posted:

How does this alternate reality square with the Music Meister headline we saw?

All the headline says is "Music Meister gets six figure deal". That implies he's a public figure but not necessarily a publicly known villain or anything. There could even be a deal where like he's a villain on Supergirl's Earth and a regular artist on Flash's or something. Who knows?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Mar 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Tree Dude posted:

How does this alternate reality square with the Music Meister headline we saw?
People can be offered book deals for a lot of crazy poo poo.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

I'm not opposed to "it was all a dream" style stuff since we the audience still get to see the cool wacky stuff so this sounds good to me. Like I don't need it to necessarily be canon that Jesse L Martin belts out a sick solo about being the Flash's father as long as it happens on my TV screen

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Guy A. Person posted:

I'm not opposed to "it was all a dream" style stuff since we the audience still get to see the cool wacky stuff so this sounds good to me. Like I don't need it to necessarily be canon that Jesse L Martin belts out a sick solo about being the Flash's father as long as it happens on my TV screen

:same:

STAC Goat posted:

All the headline says is "Music Meister gets six figure deal". That implies he's a public figure but not necessarily a publicly known villain or anything. There could even be a deal where like he's a villain on Supergirl's Earth and a regular artist on Flash's or something. Who knows?

If Milo Yiannopolis can get (and lose) a six-figure book deal for just for being a complete rear end in a top hat to random people on the Internet, I'm pretty sure any given actual super villain in the Arrowverse could swing one too if they wanted one :v:

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

In my eyes there is a massive difference between "it was a dream" and "shared experience between 2 people in their minds"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

It does provide an easy explanation for why Merlyn and Stein are around, so there is that.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

For anyone who watched the preview for the next episode, what are your thoughts on what Savitar wants with Wally? What's he using him for?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Shaddak posted:

For anyone who watched the preview for the next episode, what are your thoughts on what Savitar wants with Wally? What's he using him for?
I think it has to do with Wally getting his powers from Alchemy+Savitar. It's kind of been a pattern that people who got their powers from them can be prone to mental instability. Savitar must be tapping into that. And I imagine he wants someone who can free him from the speed force.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Guy A. Person posted:

i know right, just give me loving superhero musical

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

lotus circle posted:

I think it has to do with Wally getting his powers from Alchemy+Savitar. It's kind of been a pattern that people who got their powers from them can be prone to mental instability. Savitar must be tapping into that. And I imagine he wants someone who can free him from the speed force.

Yeah, that's the most natural conclusion. Wally has a tie to Savitar both through the speed force and through Alchemy. So if Savitar is looking for back door out of the speed force Wally's the most obvious link.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

how does no one on this show ever learn that keeping secrets never helps

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Well that was adorable.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Jesse is preoccupied with the ring? That's the best they could do?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
"From my perspective you're the big bad"

That's almost straight out of Revenge of the Sith.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Man, Barry's a diiiiiiick.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Barry, that is a pretty lovely reason to propose to someone.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

So Iris would have no problem with the proposal if it was predestined.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
This "Barry only proposed because they weren't engaged in the future" stuff is duuuumb.

Bring on Killer Frost though.

Edit: oh I didn't realize what that was Kaitlyn had before the break. I thought she broke her battery amulet or something.

Tree Dude fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 8, 2017

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

so many secrets!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

how do they not realize this is how Savitar is going to get back

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Wally, please tell me you're not going to fall for this gimmick.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
This is kinda creepy to be honest.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Savitar is 10 steps ahead of Barry
Prometheus is 10 steps ahead of Arrow

why are the heroes so far behind!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh Goddamnit Wally. :doh:

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Wally sux

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
So...Wally is Savitar?

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

lol way to not even try Barry

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mooseontheloose posted:

So...Wally is Savitar?

They do seem to be hinting at that.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

howe_sam posted:

They do seem to be hinting at that.

Btw, they have done a much better job of having Savitar being a bad guy than Zoom last season. Like, being a Meta-Tempter is a cool concept.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Poor Joe, the series loving craps on him constantly.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

the speed force didn't seem like such a bad place when Barry was there.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

nooneofconsequence posted:

the speed force didn't seem like such a bad place when Barry was there.

Maybe because he was like a guest of the speedforce? I don't friggin know.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Poor Joe, the series loving craps on him constantly.

Could be worse, he could be Captain Lance.

The dad, not Sara

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Wally getting sucked into the Speedforce was pretty cool. From the last time we saw Savitar it seemed like he extraordinarily outclassed Barry in terms of speed and now Barry's able to throw haymakers without Savitar seeing that coming? A little far-fetched, and the whole "You all fell into my trap perfectly" gimmick was pretty underwhelming, but I'm starting to actually like Savitar now, even though all of this would be much better with a shirtless, goateed man.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mooseontheloose posted:

So...Wally is Savitar?

It was me Barry, it was me all along!

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Savitar pulls an Adam Jensen
"I didn't ask for this"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did the Savitar suit debut this episode? I thought it was always CG before?

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Guy Goodbody posted:

Did the Savitar suit debut this episode? I thought it was always CG before?
As of this episode they're using a physical suit that they CGI in post. It looks a lot better honestly.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah the physical suit looks so much better but is a bit clunky.

Savitar is Eddie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Gonna be a lot of Moist-Eyed Joe until Wally gets back.

• Locked thread