Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Just came to post this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
Does that article just say "end" for everyone else?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Man I would HATE to be on Camp Casey right now.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-39175704

BBC has it too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

this is exactly what trump needs at this time

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Maybe he learned from his last open air meeting at Mar-a-Lago and won't repeat that. Or maybe he will because that's extra press coverage about him and he just likes being the center of attention.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Trump has a very good brain, he's assured me personally that this is true, so international crises are going to be trivial for him to handle. He'll just make the best deal and make America great again.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

With how caught up he is trying to investigate the rest of the government, I can almost see Trump ignoring this development.

So here's the real question: is this the worst case scenario, or the best?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

Well yeah I mean when you are acting against your own country's best interests what do you expect?

Also, I question the underlying assumption (correct me if I am wrong) that the Russians were somehow "caught", as in, they wanted to scoot Trump into the WH without getting noticed. Presumably the Russians are smart enough to know when they're being monitored by the US IC. The people who aren't smart enough are Team Trump. More on that shortly-

Russia is already vilified, especially in the last few years. They are so good at navigating fine lines re: reprisals from other states. Knowing that they have little to lose, doesn't it make more sense that Russia's sloppiness is deliberate, here?

Russia could easily turn their own negativity into a weapon by unilaterally hacking & leaking stuff, and then colluding with (or even just meeting with) Team Trump affiliates knowing how bad it would look down the road, knowing the US IC would be observing, and knowing that it would only take a little bit of drama for leaks on that revelation to begin. Now everyone has been undermined. Is Russia just trying to get us so hosed up with ourselves that we stop giving them a hard time?

Conspiracy theory: if this is a repeat of the Crimea model, then what is it that Russia is stealing before our eyes?

Either scenario is a win for Russia. They either get a puppet, or Trump gets impeached but not before throwing our country into chaos.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/838539521385971712

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/838542542228488194

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
"They gotta stop that. And we are going to make them stop it, believe me. They will tremendously stop what they are doing."

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Jake Tapper is so over Donnie.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/838468992469725184

Also y'all should check out Chuck Tingle's newest book, Domald Tromp Pounded In The Butt By His Fabricated Wiretapping Scandal Made Up To Redirect Focus Away From His Seemingly Endless Unethical Connections To Russia.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XF4KGPR/

This is A Good Book

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Doesn't that just mean North Korea's air Force is grounded for the next 7 months?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Donnie to Preibus: GET OFF MY PLANE

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/838549633148268544

(Donnie likes to throw people off his planes when he thinks they're sucking)

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
Why would you shoot a man before throwing him off a plane?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

not caring here posted:

Doesn't that just mean North Korea's air Force is grounded for the next 7 months?

Considering China's response to their last test was to stop buying coal from the DPRK that's a safe bet to make.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's probably aftrr Donnie's bed time. He needs his sleep so he can be absolutely outraged at 0300.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Lets back up a page to this:

psydude posted:

I hate to interrupt the Trump Hate, but this is absolutely massive:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/04/world/asia/north-korea-missile-program-sabotage.html

Basically, the US has effectively penetrated and disrupted North Korea's missile program by hacking and sabotaging avionics and other components crucial to flight and
navigation.

How funny would it be if it was the US testing just how much control we have over their program.

:nsa: : We now own the North Korean missile program.
:) : Hey see if we can launch and steer something.
:j: : Ok.
:stare: : IT WORKED!

:newlol::hf::newlol::hf::newlol:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Genocide Tendency posted:

Lets back up a page to this:

How funny would it be if it was the US testing just how much control we have over their program.

:nsa: : We now own the North Korean missile program.
:) : Hey see if we can launch and steer something.
:j: : Ok.
:stare: : IT WORKED!

:newlol::hf::newlol::hf::newlol:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Also Chicago went six days without a homicide, the longest in six years.

That's a big deal.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
http://www.theonion.com/article/nation-celebrates-full-week-without-deadly-mass-sh-29293

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Update on the missiles from Best Korea

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/838565769629720576

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Why would you shoot a man before throwing him off a plane?

Everyone knows you shoot him as he's falling.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

facialimpediment posted:

Donnie to Preibus: GET OFF MY PLANE

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/838549633148268544

(Donnie likes to throw people off his planes when he thinks they're sucking)

It still blows my mind that the loving President of the United States is such a child that he throws people off air force one when they've managed to irritate him somehow. The man is one nuclear arsenal away from a tin pot dictator.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
SEVENTEEN sources. SEVENTEEN SOURCES on this article.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/838565215927169026

Robert Costa @costareports: Trump unhappy with RUBIO for hitching a ride on Air Force One, then offering muted comments Sunday on Trump's claims | BANNON is fueling Trump on "deep state" | NUNES sides with Trump: “It’s not paranoia at all... It’s leak after leak after leak from the bureaucrats" | Trump can't stand seeing Carter Page on TV... | Rohrabacher says Trump is being punished by the "military-industrial complex" for warming to Russia

:fap:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe a nodong?

:omarcomin:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

the picture in that wapo article lmao.

The scotch tape will never not be funny to me

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

the picture in that wapo article lmao.

The scotch tape will never not be funny to me

Oh my god are those things related to him

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

It still blows my mind that the loving President of the United States is such a child that he throws people off air force one when they've managed to irritate him somehow. The man is one nuclear arsenal away from a tin pot dictator.
We've collectively forgotten what utter children some of our previous presidents were. Bush Sr.:

"President Bush declared today that he never, ever, wants to see another sprig of broccoli on his plate, whether he is on Air Force One or at the White House or anywhere else in the land.

''I do not like broccoli,'' the President said, responding to queries about a broccoli ban he has imposed aboard Air Force One, first reported this week in U.S. News and World Report. ''And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli!''"

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

We've collectively forgotten what utter children some of our previous presidents were. Bush Sr.:

"President Bush declared today that he never, ever, wants to see another sprig of broccoli on his plate, whether he is on Air Force One or at the White House or anywhere else in the land.

''I do not like broccoli,'' the President said, responding to queries about a broccoli ban he has imposed aboard Air Force One, first reported this week in U.S. News and World Report. ''And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli!''"

Get the gently caress out with this bullshit.

Not wanting broccoli isn't comparable to Trump's constant meltdowns and fuckery.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Gobbeldygook posted:

oh yeah totally the same thing, thank you for taking the time to give us perspective.

shovelbum
Oct 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Gobbeldygook posted:

What's wrong with this, who wants their vast staff feeding them food they don't want? President should eat what he wants.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I have a no meatloaf rule in my life I guess I'm as bad as trump, makes you think a bit

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Broccoli loving owns.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

Broccoli loving owns.

Correct, but not wanting it as an adult doesn't make you a whining man child. As implied by dumbfuck above.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Genocide Tendency posted:

Correct, but not wanting it as an adult doesn't make you a whining man child. As implied by dumbfuck above.

The broccoli story is actually kind of funny/humanizing, though a Bad Opinion about broccoli.

From what I'm reading, even Donnie's *allies* are calling him a petulant man-child that must be praised constantly, or only presented with good news, or he self-destructs.

Daniel Dale @ddale8: This reads like a story about a troubled pre-teen. Trump was happy, then mad, then yelled at people, then left in a huff, and then | The Post reports here that Reince Priebus spent an hour lying to reporters to convince them Trump didn't actually flip out on his staff.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
DEATH TO BROCCOLI
DEATH TO ILLEGALS WHO GROW BROCCOLI
PROUD CHRISTIAN MOM 2020

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Gobbeldygook posted:

this is what I would do as President, except with lima beans

don't even bring that poo poo on white house grounds

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

DEATH TO BROCCOLI
DEATH TO ILLEGALS WHO GROW BROCCOLI
PROUD CHRISTIAN MOM 2020

...good enough, i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Not even going to pretend that if I were president, the kitchen staff would keep like three Tombstone pizzas on hand at all times.

• Locked thread