Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

What's interesting is that the last time Goku fought Beerus he took him to about, what, 60% of his power or something? Well, now Goku is way stronger, so if he gets beat by someone stronger from another universe that might mean that other person might be able to beat Beerus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Squallege posted:

I want to see 17 and 18 school people already. They are pretty rad as a team.

I just want to know if the fluff text from whatever that said 17 got married to a zoologist and had kids be canon or not

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Goku vs Wolf fight gave me mad flashbacks to Yakon from the Buu Saga, which was neat.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

The Goku vs Wolf fight gave me mad flashbacks to Yakon from the Buu Saga, which was neat.

yea I was thinking of that light eating dude the whole time as well. it was similar unti goku got bored and blew up the werewolf instead of making him too big to fit in the arena or w/e

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
Gods can't even get hit to do anything without paying him, so chances are hit was close to par with the gods already.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ekusukariba posted:

I just want to know if the fluff text from whatever that said 17 got married to a zoologist and had kids be canon or not

Toriyama said it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hate-Senpai posted:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

Goku will never ask that question

No, we saw Goku just go "Okay, I'm evil. Cool".

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea I was thinking of that light eating dude the whole time as well. it was similar unti goku got bored and blew up the werewolf instead of making him too big to fit in the arena or w/e

I mean, he almost did, sorta, Wolf dude was nearly falling off the corner.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

His new design literally has a park ranger armband so yes.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

I mean, he almost did, sorta, Wolf dude was nearly falling off the corner.

that is why I brought it up, yea. I was kinda thinking goku was going for making him too big until he nuked him instead

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
Are we pretending that we don't already know Goku will win and Super Dragon Ball save the loserverses?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Though I wonder what would have happened.

Dropping out wouldn't have disqualified Wolf because that rule was specifically taken out for the exhibition match, but at the same time if he was too big to stay on the stage they'd probably have to make a bigger stage?

I was half expecting Goku to go inside the Wolf, like he did in his fight against Piccolo Jr. to retrieve Kami.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Crabtree posted:

No, we saw Goku just go "Okay, I'm evil. Cool".
No, he didn't agree

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'd say this "evil" streak of Goku is just Toriyama getting a chance to show Goku's true nature as a dude who really likes fighting other strong dudes, as opposed to being some paragon of "truth" and "justice."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I don't think he thinks about it any more than would this be cool.

Though even if he did the fact that the story is pointing out how evil he is it's definitely not supposed to be a positive portrayal.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Goku constantly screws people over in order to punch a man. I don't think he's doing anything different here. He let Freeza power up, he gave him energy, he gave Cell a senzu bean, he let Buu happen. This has been Goku's M.O. the entire series.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

to be fair vegeta let buu happen, not goku

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Anyone else feel these tournament rules are a conspiracy against Botamo?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Blaise330 posted:

Anyone else feel these tournament rules are a conspiracy against Botamo?

magetta will win the whole thing by being indestructible and too heavy to push out

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

honestly the most interesting rule is the no-flight thing. that's going to completely change the dynamic of how we've seen characters fight since the saiyan saga got really into swing. by the time we got to the buu saga 90% of fights were just in the sky spinning around and teleporting and stuff. beerus vs goku went from the sky up into space

grounding everyone again will be cool

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kelp Plankton posted:

honestly the most interesting rule is the no-flight thing. that's going to completely change the dynamic of how we've seen characters fight since the saiyan saga got really into swing. by the time we got to the buu saga 90% of fights were just in the sky spinning around and teleporting and stuff. beerus vs goku went from the sky up into space

grounding everyone again will be cool

I think it might just be "no flying over the edge". We see some of the fights in the intro, and they are flying around.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes they will fly.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Manatee Cannon posted:

to be fair vegeta let buu happen, not goku
Goku could have gone SSJ3 and knocked Vegeta out quick smart, then buu would have not have had enough energy to hatch

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This arc really is turning the ending song true. Demon's wearing the masks of angels asking someone to kill Goku now.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Rutibex posted:

I think it might just be "no flying over the edge". We see some of the fights in the intro, and they are flying around.

Welp. So they do. The Grand Priest was pretty explicit but whathca gonna do.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They will only fly when hitting each other, because the force of their blows will make them rise into the air, like Jotaro vs DIO.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

bowmore posted:

Goku could have gone SSJ3 and knocked Vegeta out quick smart, then buu would have not have had enough energy to hatch

how do you figure ss3 wouldn't have instantly filled the energy thing up

it also dropped his time limit down to nothing and left him exhausted, so he wouldn't have had time to do anything else. I don't think it's fair to blame that one on goku

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I thought the miniature explanation was pretty explicit, showing a flying Goku with crosses on him once he flew over the edge.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

bowmore posted:

Considering how long it took him to transform, I think Buu would have already been revived by the time he finished.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Well gently caress me, Multiversal Super-Genocider Son Goku it is then.

Long as we're all throwing out crazy fanboy theories; I want Toppo to absolutely body Goku in this fight, and then in the tournament Gohan goes out taking him down. If Gohan's gotta job in the end it should at least be in a fantastic way.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goku and Toppo fight, either to Toppo's loss or to a draw, and then Toppo goes, "I did not sense any evil within you, just a pure fighting spirit." and then the episode ends with Toppo having a respect for Goku.

That's my crazy fanboy theory.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

gohmak posted:

Are we pretending that we don't already know Goku will win and Super Dragon Ball save the loserverses?

Goku's track record for doing that in this series is poor.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Toppo is going to get killed by Goku on accident, which proves he's an evil monster to the multiverse once and for all. He murdered a hero of justice

Grey man has a grudge against Goku in particular because Toppo was his mentor or something

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blockhouse posted:

it made more sense in Future Trunks where there was a legitimate mystery but it feels like there's no reason to accept what is being presented in this arc as anything other than face value

Face value here is terrifying.

The people assuming we'll get a happy ending are reaching I agree.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Kelp Plankton posted:

Toppo is going to get killed by Goku on accident, which proves he's an evil monster to the multiverse once and for all. He murdered a hero of justice

Murdering posing losers is fine.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Adder Moray posted:

A competent GoD serves a purpose.

A monstrous, Evil purpose.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is that were the word poser comes from.

Posing loser?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Hate-Senpai posted:

Is that were the word poser comes from.

Posing loser?

Poor
old
saiyaman,
entertains
retards wait Goku doesn't think it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Gowasu has been conspicuously silent these past episodes.

Probably wishing he had someone to help make him his tea.

• Locked thread