Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

The Dark One posted:

Yup, I've got The Real Webview.

Are you definitely using it? So it's selected in your CM settings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Advanced -> Device and navigation

Thanks. Would probably make more sense for it to be under image settings. This app is on GitHub right? I can do a PR today if that's a change people are okay with.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Does it take a while for the updates to hit the Play Store, because mine still hasn't updated and the Play Store still lists the last version as 3.2.5.0c, which is what I have.

Horn
Jun 18, 2004

Penetration is the key to success
College Slice
Are you in the beta program?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

No, are you all discussing beta updates? I apparently didn't catch that.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Taffer posted:

Thanks. Would probably make more sense for it to be under image settings. This app is on GitHub right? I can do a PR today if that's a change people are okay with.

Dive in! More people contributing is always cool

I think that actually used to be under image settings, but it was moved under Device and Navigation (not a great name, I know) since it was meant to be more of a performance/battery tweak - having a gif running anywhere on the page makes it run harder. So it was stuck with the Hardware Acceleration option as a general performance config thing

But the hardware accel option is gone now, sooo... personally I'm fine with it moving, I dunno if Sereri cares. The preferences system is a bit weird though, just fyi!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Didn't see this discussed in the last day or so, but the App is acting up for me in that it keeps being unable to load the forums, while the forums clearly work (as evidenced by me posting this). Just noticed it this morning, is this happening to anyone else? Running 3.2.5.0c on Android OS 5.0.1.

E: Figured it out- had changed my password on the web-based version, which I guess made it so had to log out and log back in on the app. Working as intended?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 26, 2017

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

baka kaba posted:

Are you definitely using it? So it's selected in your CM settings

Whoops! Selecting Chrome Stable fixed everything.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

C-Euro posted:

E: Figured it out- had changed my password on the web-based version, which I guess made it so had to log out and log back in on the app. Working as intended?

Well it's not ideal, maybe we can at least detect that and get a useful error message going. Thanks for the info though!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
The new version isn't working on my Kindle Fire and I've had to downgrade to the amazon store vers, except that one doesn't update the forums right. Halp

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How do I post a new thread?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

You can't. Use a browser.

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How am I supposed to poo poo post all over gbs

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The new version isn't working on my Kindle Fire and I've had to downgrade to the amazon store vers, except that one doesn't update the forums right. Halp

What is that, ice cream sandwich or something?

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

How am I supposed to poo poo post all over gbs

Awful.apk™'s patented ThreadNo! technology enables new shitpost delegation workflows

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Should just change the thread title to "no, you can't make new threads"

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

I might be able to make a thread so that could be a lie

Although I guess the title is currently a lie

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

baka kaba posted:

What is that, ice cream sandwich or something?

The current version is a derivative of lollipop

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The current version is a derivative of lollipop

Do you know what version it is exactly? 5.0?

And wait is this Cyanogenmod again? It's not the black webview thing again is it... What's happening exactly?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Feature request: a New Thread button that logs you out of the forums when tapped.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

baka kaba posted:

Do you know what version it is exactly? 5.0?

And wait is this Cyanogenmod again? It's not the black webview thing again is it... What's happening exactly?

It's Fire OS 5.3.2.1 but i have no idea if this is related to Android versions. They've had multiple updates, the latest in I think Dec 2016

The issue is essentially the same, i think. I can open threads but they are blank and you can't see anything. I tried installing android webview via apk download and it didn't work either

I got the old version to work though

I know this is a weird edge use but i thought you might eant to know

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Mar 6, 2017

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
All Fire OS 5.x versions are based on Android 5.0 with the latest versions being most of the way to supporting Android 5.1 things.

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

The Dark One posted:

Feature request: a New Thread button that logs you out of the forums when tapped.

Or a button that lets you post threads, but always forces an auto-ban tag.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

I'm running the beta version and would like to make a feature if possible: the ability to have gifvs embedded in thread instead of always just a link.

Also, I'm the weirdo who uses the volume up/down to scroll, so i can one-hand my forums browsing when I'm in bed. Small hands and conveniently placed volume keys makes it way easier than trying to scroll with my thumb.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

I think it's funny you found the option for volume button scrolling but not the one to embed videos.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Sereri posted:

I think it's funny you found the option for volume button scrolling but not the one to embed videos.

Oh, it treats them as videos? That's probably it then, I had that turned off so it wouldn't inline YouTube videos.

Edit: I'm dumb, it says right there in the settings menu.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer
Is there some sort of historical reason for this app opening a menu when clicking images but just vibrating and doing nothing when long pressing them? It's really weird. I'd expect the long press to open the giant menu but a tap to display the image.

Also, the download button on gifvs at the bottom right doesn't seem to do anything on my device (LG G4, Android 6), and long press does nothing. Is that expected?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

tak posted:

Is there some sort of historical reason for this app opening a menu when clicking images but just vibrating and doing nothing when long pressing them? It's really weird. I'd expect the long press to open the giant menu but a tap to display the image.

Also, the download button on gifvs at the bottom right doesn't seem to do anything on my device (LG G4, Android 6), and long press does nothing. Is that expected?

Well, it's always been that way, and it's always been that way because it's easier and does not require faking longpress via javascript.

As for the download button, seems like a recent webview update added that. Since there's currently no functionality behind it, it doesn't do anything. I looked into it and it doesn't seem to hard to make it download the video so expect the functionality in the future.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Oh yeah the webview stuff (like on the Kindle Fire) should hopefully be fixed in an update coming to you soon, for the people who were having problems with that. I'm guessing it works on Cyanogen with their special webview too?

Who knows, because now I hate webviews

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

baka kaba posted:

Oh yeah the webview stuff (like on the Kindle Fire) should hopefully be fixed in an update coming to you soon, for the people who were having problems with that. I'm guessing it works on Cyanogen with their special webview too?
Yeah that update is in the current beta.

baka kaba posted:

Who knows, because now I hate webviews

:hfive:

Though the alternatives are so much worse.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Are there any plans for a link or something for ban reasons and rap sheets? Because those are usually my favorite parts of posting

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

It's on the to-do list! But it sort of depends if anyone has any time for it, and with the forums maybe switching to a whole new system, developing new features could be a big ol waste of time

Someone might play around with it, definitely not promising anything though

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I mean even if it was just something hacky like a direct link to the url. Right now i have to copy forums link then paste it in my phone browser then click on the ban

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Might be possible to hack together a basic 'if probed then add link to the post's menu' thing to tide youse over

Unfortunately there's a cat on my computer chair so this one's gonna have to go on the back burner

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Is there any way to apply the dark theme to embedded tweets? My eyes are bleeding from the excessive bright white squares. Or maybe an option to only display the text, like what briefly flashes before the css or whatever makes it pretty?

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Bhodi posted:

Is there any way to apply the dark theme to embedded tweets? My eyes are bleeding from the excessive bright white squares. Or maybe an option to only display the text, like what briefly flashes before the css or whatever makes it pretty?

I've mentioned this issue in the past, but the app might not get quick changes with the forums overhaul coming.

In the meantime, you can use the green or amber POS themes for dark tweet backgrounds (or tweak your own custom POS theme?)

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That's already fixed, but I guess that's in the beta version? I don't know where the releases are up to honestly :shobon:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

baka kaba posted:

That's already fixed, but I guess that's in the beta version? I don't know where the releases are up to honestly :shobon:

Latest stable release is 3.2.5.0c from September 21 2016 :v:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Yeah that's my fault. The beta is filled with new stuff but I was waiting for one last feature to be finished. But then I had zero time to actually finish that feature, and at the moment I can't even say "gently caress it" and send the beta to production without the feature.
I'm hoping for next week though. Fingers crossed.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sereri posted:

Yeah that's my fault. The beta is filled with new stuff but I was waiting for one last feature to be finished. But then I had zero time to actually finish that feature, and at the moment I can't even say "gently caress it" and send the beta to production without the feature.

It'll be good to finally be able to post threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Sereri posted:

:woop: