Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
one goon went as far as to call it console of the year unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That's pretty weird coming from people who probably already have a Wii U and thus could be playing the 99.9% identical version of the only game worth playing on the Switch without having to buy a new console.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah def need a screen protector and there's only one bulky charger which you'd just leave with the dock lol

The game lineup is laughable and there isn't poo poo until the end of the year, ridiculous. They did the same poo poo with the Wii-u but they really wanted to rush this thing out the door, and it shows

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'm not going to name names or anything but if you see this avatar this dude is trying REALLY hard to be nintendo's Baghdad bob in the thread

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That dude is generally a Bad Poster

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I evidentally don't read games enough to recognize him but his poo poo has been like extra retarded as loving in switch thread. saying he doesn't trust digital foundry fps poo poo . I'm not a super gamer pro but DF usually seems legit about bad performance and he just wrote them off as being nerds who didn't make the game or what the gently caress ever it didn't even make semse

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

This got me for a second.

Finished Horizon Friday, apparently. Got blackout drunk and woke up to the credits paused on my TV. Don't remember a drat thing about how it ends, so I guess I'll need to replay the last few missions. Not complaining, I'm seriously thinking of replaying the whole thing over.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i've been playing HZD slow as gently caress.Did the some sidequests but I have like all inventory items maxed for what I own so far. Great game really. It doesn't do anything NEW but it does a lot of poo poo drat good.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

does hzd scratch the mgsv itch

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

i dunno man i just go to games to post in the dwarf fortress thread or read about factorio

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i dunno man i just go to games to post in the dwarf fortress thread or read about factorio

same but fighting games

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Raiding bandit camps feels similar to taking out Russians in mgsv by a bit

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

No :(

It scratches the Far Cry, Monster Hunter and kinda Shadow of the COlossus itch, though

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Horizon's been scratching my MGS and Shadow of Mordor itch.

I really hope they don't gently caress up the new one (Shadow of Mordor).

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Horizon does a nice job of making the robot animal combat very engaging. Playing the game on hard lends a nice challenge to it. Any lowly robot is capable of killing Aloy in 2-3 hits. You have to be thinking about each battle.

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life

Godholio posted:

It's worth it just for the larger hard drive. You'll spend more than that $100 if you ever decide that 500GB isn't enough (because it isn't these days).

If you have a PS4 already I don't know that it's worth getting a Pro, but if you're deciding between the two, go with the Pro.

You can get the slim Uncharted bundle for $265 and an 1tb external drive for $56 off Amazon right now. Swap the two hard drives and with the upcoming patch you'll have an extra 500GB w/ Uncharted for $80 cheaper than a Pro.

Can't really speak if the boost and 4k is worth it since I'm using a 19" monitor but price wise it doesn't match up. Even a 2TB SSHD upgrade comes out cheaper.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
More like Nintendon't :D

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Wii U is gonna age pretty well though. I'm probably gonna finish getting the last few Nintendo games I don't have for it (Hyrule Warriors, Twilight Princess, Splatoon, others?) and then buy a few more SNES/64 VC games for it.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I gave my Wii-u to a friend because I don't play it and am a good friend.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cyks posted:

You can get the slim Uncharted bundle for $265 and an 1tb external drive for $56 off Amazon right now. Swap the two hard drives and with the upcoming patch you'll have an extra 500GB w/ Uncharted for $80 cheaper than a Pro.

Can't really speak if the boost and 4k is worth it since I'm using a 19" monitor but price wise it doesn't match up. Even a 2TB SSHD upgrade comes out cheaper.

At that point you've got one more piece of hardware on the shelf that looks like poo poo, a year-old game that runs $20-30 anyway, and the decision of whether the boosted hardware is worth $80. I still the Pro is the way to go.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Go Pro if you can. There's enough there to justify the price difference

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Handsome Ralph posted:

Wii U is gonna age pretty well though. I'm probably gonna finish getting the last few Nintendo games I don't have for it (Hyrule Warriors, Twilight Princess, Splatoon, others?) and then buy a few more SNES/64 VC games for it.
Get Bayonetta 2 if you haven't played it yet, it's good

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Turn this black and white and I'd think I was watching the start of an infomercial for some nintendo accessory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPtPIpXwpvs

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I bought another PS4 because we needed a blu-ray player and a streaming device that was PSVue compatible for our living room TV (we just moved into a house from a 1-bedroom apartment so we have an office/gameroom now where my original PS4 resides). The next cheapest option was only 50 bucks cheaper, so it seemed like a no brainer to just grab a slim.

I was able to get a slim bundle for 200 thanks to reward certificates and that Visa $25 promo at Best Buy. Part of me wishes I had just paid the extra ~150 to grab a Pro but I don't own a 4K TV so I don't think it would have been as worth it.

I'll still probably buy a Pro one day, most likely when my OG Ps4 craps out.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the guys who made mordheim on steam are going to do necromunda

they did a lot of work on mordheim but it was slow and still not good enough like their stupid long load times

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

No :(

It scratches the Far Cry, Monster Hunter and kinda Shadow of the COlossus itch, though

Handsome Ralph posted:

Horizon's been scratching my MGS and Shadow of Mordor itch.

I really hope they don't gently caress up the new one (Shadow of Mordor).

aghhh you crumbums are killing me with these Good Game comparisons

shyduck posted:

Get Bayonetta 2 if you haven't played it yet, it's good

So hosed up that was a drat Wii U exclusive and nobody else wanted to pick up the license. Bayonetta owns what the hell :argh:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
HZD isn't revolutionary but it is very good. If you own a PS4 you should at least check it out.

Also it is drop dead gorgeous.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

HZD isn't revolutionary but it is very good. If you own a PS4 you should at least check it out.

Also it is drop dead gorgeous.

Yeah, I was playing it a bit lastnight at my brother's place and the little lady commented that it was Disney's Brave meets mad Max. I felt it was an accurate description

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Aloy is a cool character. She can get real loving sassy in her relies, which is hilarious. Her voice actor is terrific.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

cowboy elvis posted:

Aloy is a cool character. She can get real loving sassy in her relies, which is hilarious. Her voice actor is terrific.

:smug:: the earth isn't flat you know
t:mad:: yeah I figured that out by looking at an eclipse rear end in a top hat

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

So apparently Nintendo has once again given their expensive new device plastic screens and also made the device scratch its own screen when used

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Buca di Bepis posted:

So apparently Nintendo has once again given their expensive new device plastic screens and also made the device scratch its own screen when used

Also if you need to send your device in for a replacement or it breaks in any way you lose all your saves. There is no way to transfer or backup saves, nor a cloud.

Hopefully it gets added

Also they're charging exorbinant amounts for any sort of peripheral or replacement

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

wasnt the wii-u launch hosed up somehow too

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wasnt the wii-u launch hosed up somehow too

uh yeah like the Switch it didn't have any games for like two years

plus no one knew it was a new system

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yeah terrible marketing hosed the Wii U pretty badly

Too many people thought it was a very expensive Wii accessory

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

shyduck posted:

Yeah terrible marketing hosed the Wii U pretty badly

Too many people thought it was a very expensive Wii accessory

The Switch hardly is more powerful than the wii-u, if at all

Would have been cool if they somehow just made a new tablet or something for the wii-u, letting you take the games on the road, using it as a sort of dock or adding a peripheral somehow

idk i'm just making poo poo up

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Wii U tablet is literally irreplaceable lol

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

supposedly the ps4 4.5 firmware is coming today to everyone

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I used to defend Nintendo but mostly out of nostalgia and love for mario/metroid/zelda games. Now that metroid is dead and I haven't liked a Zelda since wind waker (the 3ds one is good tho) coupled with the fact the switch is hosed up in the same way the U was hosed up, I just don't even care. Like I'm not mad at games or whatever it's just I can't even be bothered to buy one or get hype at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I used to defend Nintendo but mostly out of nostalgia and love for mario/metroid/zelda games. Now that metroid is dead and I haven't liked a Zelda since wind waker (the 3ds one is good tho) coupled with the fact the switch is hosed up in the same way the U was hosed up, I just don't even care. Like I'm not mad at games or whatever it's just I can't even be bothered to buy one or get hype at all.

Same.

Honestly, I think I finally stopped caring about Nintendo poo poo when they started putting SNES games on n3DS but didn't do cross purchases or anything with Wii U. They've had so many years to get online play and account stuff right, and they keep loving it up.

Oh well, I'll just go play my PS4 and PC games instead. Not the end of the world.