Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kheldarn posted:

Bartz
Cecil
Cerius
Cloud Of Darkness
Dark Knight Cecil
Exdeath
Firion
Gilgamesh
Medius
Mercedes
Rain
Refia
Santa Roselia
Xiao

With a lineup like that... jesus. I have friends who would stab a nun for that lineup.

DK Cecil, Gilgamesh, Rain, Refia, and Exdeath covers 100% of your DPS, Magic, Breaking, and Healing needs. Get those to level 100 and use them to bootstrap everybody else up in a couple months when the dunes return. When Warrior of Light comes out, you can swap him in for Rain, and you can swap out DK Cecil for Cloud when you need Cloud's support mojo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Just want to remind everyone Hex strike does indeed work on Brionac. It helps if you don't have a noctis and don't want to always rely on a friend.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Just want to remind everyone Hex strike does indeed work on Brionac. It helps if you don't have a noctis and don't want to always rely on a friend.

Does Ling work?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What's a Glenn?

I had farming ELT down easy in 2 rounds and then I adjusted to get more damage, but it wasn't enough to one round it, only enough to get him down far enough for him to use the near-death super attack. Had to take the foot of the gas and avoid chaining anything.

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Exdeath's super does too, and he's a lot easier to get your hands on. (I assume you need at least a 4 star Exdeath so his super inflicts two statuses, since that's all the boss is vulnerable to.) Just gotta make sure you beat up the first few guards for limit crystals.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

iloverice posted:

Dammit, my fake facebook account got suspended. I've submitted a photo ID to get it back. Any ideas how long that will take?

Just got my account back today! It was actually a relatively smooth process. Back to TM farming!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

iloverice posted:

Just got my account back today! It was actually a relatively smooth process. Back to TM farming!

From Gumi or from Facebook? And what did you have to do?

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

Cartoon Man posted:

From Gumi or from Facebook? And what did you have to do?

I had to contact Facebook first but I used a really fake name, so they basically told me to go gently caress myself. Then I contacted GUMI and told them that Facebook wouldn't help me. After verifying my account was banned, they made me create a new account linked to my real Facebook account. A day later, they tied my old FFBE account to the new login. Not too hard, actually. I'm mostly happy I got my account back!

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
nice glad it worked out for you

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I kill stuff. I have spots, feel free to add.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

What's a Glenn?

By default, your friend's name, and not the unit's name, is shown during battle. You can flip it back to the old way somewhere in the Options.

iloverice posted:

I had to contact Facebook first but I used a really fake name, so they basically told me to go gently caress myself. Then I contacted GUMI and told them that Facebook wouldn't help me. After verifying my account was banned, they made me create a new account linked to my real Facebook account. A day later, they tied my old FFBE account to the new login. Not too hard, actually. I'm mostly happy I got my account back!

Let this be a lesson to people with fake Social media accounts. Come on, my dudes.

I'm gonna have so many six-stars by the time I use all these Gigantaurs.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Around 50 runs of ELT so far and I've seen only 3 golden bombs and 0 nimbus. What the hell, Gumi?

At least I have +300-325% bonus per run

Cartoon Man posted:

This is my Queen's final form, let me know if there's some better way, but I don't have much MAG TM gear beyond a dualcast.

After this event, she's going in the display case permanently. If I don't feed her to Bedile once her TM is grinded...

Drop an excalibur for a coral sword for the duration of the event.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I miss the SoM Grind event, that one wasnt nowhere near as rear end as this.

gently caress you Type-0

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Gilgamesh finally coming this week, with a banner for some select units to use against him:
-Exdeath and Bartz (they're from FF5 and hit various elements, important for this fight)
-Agrias (Full Break is always good)
-Snow and Ramza (uh... a weak counter tank and a mediocre buffer help I guess?) (EDIT: Snow has physical water attacks and Ramza has light ones, so that explains it)

Gilgamesh's big gimmick is that he will activate strong moves (75% HP gravigas, guaranteed status effects, piercing your defenses), and they're assigned to 5 different elements: Fire, Water, Wind, Earth and Light. If you hit him with those elements, the moves will be sealed/prevented for a turn.

So what you can do is dual wield two weapons of differing elements, then use an elemental move like Stonra Blade or Bartz's wind attacks to hit 3 elements at once.
A useful but slightly risky character to use is Rain, whose Lava Floor is Fire and Earth elemental, so if equipped properly, you can hit up to 4 elements at once. This is risky because you're stacking all your chips on one character, and if Gilgamesh locks him down or kills him (he still hits like a truck), you'll be in quite a pickle.

Also that Genji Blade does not look at all like a Katana.

HGH fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Mar 6, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

that banner is hilarious because while i was trying to pull for a shine i got a snow, an agrias, an exdeath, and a ramza.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

HGH posted:

Gilgamesh finally coming this week, with a banner for some select units to use against him:
-Exdeath and Bartz (they're from FF5 and hit various elements, important for this fight)
-Agrias (Full Break is always good)
-Snow and Ramza (uh... a weak counter tank and a mediocre buffer help I guess?) (EDIT: Snow has physical water attacks and Ramza has light ones, so that explains it)

I think I'm just going to hold off on that trial until my olive is up to 1k attack, and I have another 1k olive buddy and we can just nuke him.

That banner looks kind of poo poo though, what happened to player's choice?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
They're wasting our time/resources before it lands I think. Just draib the more gullible players of Lapis/money.

Another use for Snow: Gilgamesh uses instadeath moves at certain HP thresholds. By using Provoke combined with his own passives, you can make it so it's guaranteed to target Snow.
Truly, the only good Snow is a dead Snow.

Behold, the beauty of whaling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ixYsxQhDyo

HGH fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Mar 6, 2017

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

So I just picked up my 9th Refia. Her TM seems pretty decent, is it worth farming for herself, or whatever healers I use in the future?

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Awesome, another banner to save lapis on.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

aherdofpenguins posted:

So I just picked up my 9th Refia. Her TM seems pretty decent, is it worth farming for herself, or whatever healers I use in the future?

spirit doesnt really seem that important to healers, but i do love me some mp. i don't know that it's necessarily worth farming but with that many refias you could at least get one fairly quickly if you super wanted it

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Jesus christ
gently caress you type-0

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

HGH posted:

Truly, the only good Snow is a dead Snow.

Time locked into a punch fight with an immortal tomato Snow was a pretty good Snow.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Shoenin posted:

gently caress you Type-0

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

I feel like if you actually tried and staggered them, you could get them all to chain together for an absurdly high multiplier.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I'm actually enjoying this event. Ling, Ace and Nine are capable of trioing ELT, so I just bring whatever gets me the most phantoma in the other three slots. Getting nearly 1000 per ELT run without praying for Rabites is a quality of life improvement over the Mana event. The overall cost of items is lower as well, so I'll probably have time to clear out the awakening mats for Warrior of Light and Garland's 6* upgrades in a week or two.

Varance fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Mar 6, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Varance posted:

I'm actually enjoying this event. Ling, Ace and Nine are capable of trioing ELT, so I just bring whatever gets me the most phantoma in the other three slots. Getting nearly 1000 per ELT run without praying for Rabites is a quality of life improvement over the Mana event. The overall cost of items is lower as well, so I'll probably have time to clear out the awakening mats for Warrior of Light and Garland's 6* upgrades in a week or two.

Meanwhile some of us can't get the event units from the banner because the gacha taketh, and the gacha taketh

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
For the upcoming gilgamesh trial, someone pointed out that primm has auto refresh, can innately hit a ton of elements on the cheap (including Holy!!) and then be geared to hit 2 more.

I think I'm going to run:

Primm dual wielding trident + golem staff (holy, water, earth) and Luneth with vernard and survival edge (fire + wind) as my seal and dps package.

Cecil with golem for provoke, tank and off heal.
Dual cast Refia for heals and revives.

Ling and friend Noctis as my mana batteries.

They should all hit the hp threshold pretty easily with the 8 hp boosting materia available from the current king mog.

I have a feeling it'll take me well over an hour as the damage output is low, but there is so much sustainability across that line up that I'm confident I can win if I can survive the two threshold attacks.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
My current plan is:
Rain-Rune DW Excal and either Air Knife or Survival Edge
Noctis with Trident and Kazekiri
Snow probably DW Kaiser knuckle and Golem staff
Ling with whatever will get her HP up to acceptable levels
DC Refia

I'm gonna try and get all the quests done in one go. I should have enough mp battery with Ling and Noctis that it shouldn't be an issue. Only thing I'm iffy about is using Snow over Cecil, but I need him to cover for Noctis when Noctis can't attack.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shoenin posted:

gently caress you Type-0

I got my first Nimbus appearance today, more than 60 runs in to the event.

I stole less than 350 currency from them. What the everloving hell is this nonsense?

Nuebot posted:

I think I'm just going to hold off on that trial until my olive is up to 1k attack, and I have another 1k olive buddy and we can just nuke him.

I don't think Orlandu squads can OHKO Gilgamesh so you certainly aren't going to pull it off with a pair of Olives.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

I stole less than 350 currency from them. What the everloving hell is this nonsense?

It was Nerfed from Japan where it was 500. It's just a bonus way to get more event currency and an extra challenge for whales to kill in three turns before it runs off. Here's the most damage I could do.

Apparently 5 Queens and a Noctis can get it done:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5xq2ut/dyer_defeats_nimbus_with_5_queens_and_a_noctis/

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Well, got all excited that I pulled a Queen this morning, then found out the hard way that refilling your lapis does not recycle your friend units. RIP 99 nrg bringing along Cinques and Eights. :negative:

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Evil Fluffy posted:

I used all my NRG Saturday and Sunday (except to complete dailies) on the ELT event and have seen Nimbus once and seen a golden bomb once, and that was back to back runs.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
yeah i've only seen one bomb

just getting the tix and enough for gigantaurs and stopping there

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I'm pretty excited to try out Emperor on the Gilgamesh trial. I'm going to stick 2x Camos on Bartz and have him seal 3 elements to make it easy(?).

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

The wiki brings up that Rain with dual wield can cover fire, earth, wind, and holy in a single action, leaving someone to cover water. Mercedes' TMR axe would obviously be the best bet, but what other water options are there?

Also, I'm thinking my team will be:

Rain (elemental coverage)
Cloud of Darkness (damage, should have Rising Sun ready for Rising Sun, Thorned Mace, Diabolos, and materia Man Eaters)
Refia (healing)
Ling (MP recovery, magic breaks, mass revive)

Should Cecil be my last slot? Apparently Sentinel won't activate because most of GIlgamesh's attacks are hybrid.

EDIT: Apparently Cecil can equip spears! Would Cecil with the trident be good enough?

Skyridge fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 6, 2017

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I think Trident is the only other water weapon option. You can also craft water blade for sometime to use.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Cry Havoc posted:

yeah i've only seen one bomb

just getting the tix and enough for gigantaurs and stopping there

I guess it's good to know I'm not the only one with terrible luck for those showing up.

I'm debating if I want to get Queen's skill materia, or Nine's (though he probably isn't worth leveling). Otherwise I've just got the cheap 6* materials, 70 cactuars, and maybe the 30k moogle to go. It'd take 400ish stamina to get the moogle, which would make it at best half as efficient than Earth Shrine grinding, but being able to instantly finish off TMs isn't bad.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Remember with the exclusive materia that you can get it now and pull the character off banner later. They are probably all somewhat worth grabbing now except Queens which isn't that good.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

I don't think Orlandu squads can OHKO Gilgamesh so you certainly aren't going to pull it off with a pair of Olives.

Well I'd be aiming for three turns or so, or however long it takes to get their LBs up really. Certainly a better prospect then struggling with my current team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I was about to give up and just go with an account that had Refia, but I just rolled again and got one with Dark Fina and Refia so I think I'm ready to go now.

• Locked thread