Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
what a twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

why do you think would we ever need someone
to spellcheck our text I'm sure that we can manage
to not gently caress that up certainly

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Alex's legs are a good fighting game: no reversal mechanics

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
what game is it where capcom misspelled capcom?

burger time
Apr 17, 2005

capcompetence

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
If you say Capcpom real fast it sounds like you're doing Seinfeld-style slap bass lines.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zand posted:

what game is it where capcom misspelled capcom?

Steel battalion.

They also misspelled "revelations" on the RE spin off box spine and "challenges" on the back of asuras wrath

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/Zerochan/status/837456406361993216

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Readability is important but then maybe don't make moves whose hitboxes seemingly have nothing to do with what's on the screen, or chars like Rashid whose weird knee attacks aren't really even readable anyway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MYbe they shouldn't have made their horribly boring game also insanely ugly lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brosnan posted:

Readability is important but then maybe don't make moves whose hitboxes seemingly have nothing to do with what's on the screen, or chars like Rashid whose weird knee attacks aren't really even readable anyway.

i mean its still inherently more readable. i dont think sfv has major readability issues tho. its like the one thing i'm willing to give it credit for.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

Realistic Proportions Proved Too Expensive for Capcom

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Brosnan posted:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SpunkyRepleteManateeDendiFace

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

dhamster posted:

Realistic Proportions Proved Too Expensive for Capcom

I don't think it's about money. It's just that interns that they have do half of the characters wouldn't be able to create anything of that fidelity.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

lol

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

gently caress that! give me John Wick Ryu realistic proportions or not.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

General Morden posted:

millia has better setplay for sure

This is true for all character comparisons in all fighting games.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Most of the matches I've played since kolin dropped in casual have been absolutely plagued with rollback. Not even worth playing to be honest, I dread going into matchmaking because this is all I get.

https://my.mixtape.moe/aoswho.webm

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I see she now has Slayer's teleport dash too.

As an aside, it's weird to me that they gave her Slayer moves but... seemingly low damage?

dhamster fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Mar 3, 2017

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

dhamster posted:

I see she now has Slayer's teleport dash too.

As an aside, it's weird to me that they have her Slayer moves but... seemingly low damage?

they even gave her slayer's "point while walking back" but yeah her damage is real drat low, I guess because her only practical combos start off from target combo which scales like mad

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Most of the matches I've played since kolin dropped in casual have been absolutely plagued with rollback. Not even worth playing to be honest, I dread going into matchmaking because this is all I get.

SFV: Everyone Is Dhalsim Edition

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They didnt give her slayers two best things, his bdc to make all his unsafe poo poo safe, and his hot wife.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

She can teleport? Cool

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Real hurthling! posted:

They didnt give her slayers two best things, his bdc to make all his unsafe poo poo safe, and his hot wife.

Three things; his absolute smugness

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Slayer is more condescending than smug

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

AnonSpore posted:

Slayer is more condescending than smug

He's also overall better than Kolin.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
What's a good way to deal with excessive walking backwards the entire loving match? Maybe it's my fault for playing casual in silver league, but nearly EVERYONE I play against spends the entire match walking backwards. I don't know how they so easily get away. I trap them in the corner sometimes which helps, but it's not fun chasing people all the time.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

nickmeister posted:

What's a good way to deal with excessive walking backwards the entire loving match? Maybe it's my fault for playing casual in silver league, but nearly EVERYONE I play against spends the entire match walking backwards. I don't know how they so easily get away. I trap them in the corner sometimes which helps, but it's not fun chasing people all the time.

Walk them down to a corner and then force them to stay there or fish for an opening? People that walk backwards are literally giving away their positioning to you for no reason.
You'll just need to find an opening to get all the advantages of corner pressure given to you on a silver platter.

I mean, geez, at that level if they walk themselves into a corner you can just down-back just outside of their normals range and just watch out for dash forwards and jump-ins.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 6, 2017

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

nickmeister posted:

Hit them with a low into something to knock them down, then set up your meatiest meaty or take them to 50/50 town

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Jack Trades posted:

Walk them down to a corner and then force them to stay there or fish for an opening? People that walk backwards are literally giving away their positioning to you for no reason.
You'll just need to find an opening to get all the advantages of corner pressure given to you on a silver platter.

I mean, geez, at that level if they walk themselves into a corner you can just down-back just outside of their normals range and just watch out for dash forwards and jump-ins.

I generally try to do this. I guess I can just sit outside their buttons range and wait for the to try to jump out of the corner. It's just playing like that isn't fun. I swear the people on the other side have a gun up to their head so they do everything possible to not take any risk and actually play.

I never thought about them giving up position by walking backwards. I guess I tend to be susceptible to the "walk backwards, then use a fast forward moving special over and over" technique.

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Hit them with a low into something to knock them down, then set up your meatiest meaty or take them to 50/50 town

I've been tagging people over and over with Kolin's crouching forward. I take away like 50% of their health from this one button because they will NOT stop walking forward.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

nickmeister posted:

I switched to Gief and the first 10 seconds of every match is me walking them to the corner while trying to look menacing. It is annoying but whatever. I just sit in front of them in AA range and counter poke them to annoy them back for making put up with this poo poo. I figure eventually they will figure out putting yourself in the corner is a bad idea but the next round its always the same poo poo.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

nickmeister posted:

I've been tagging people over and over with Kolin's crouching forward. I take away like 50% of their health from this one button because they will NOT stop walking forward.

Sounds like you are winning neutral.. are you confirming your hits into stuff? If so, pushing the opponent into the corner and hitting them with a bread and butter combo every time they walk forward should be winning you a lot of games.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
You don't beat < golds by carefully putting them in the corner and anti-airing, you beat them by jumping in on them non-stop and disrespecting everything they want to do.

It's the same kind of thing if I play a not-so-good player in Xrd when I'm I-no. I will literally just dash in on them with HS and go from there. I'm not going to think too hard about it because the most optimal way of beating a bad player is just going in from the air and doing the most basic thing over and over and over.

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 6, 2017

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

You don't beat < golds by carefully putting them in the corner and anti-airing, you beat them by jumping in on them non-stop and disrespecting everything they want to do.

I disagree.
I don't actually know how it is in SFV, I haven't touched it since Story Mode released, but in SF4 I beat people that love to walk backward with nothing but down-backing, cr.mk and anti-air of choice.

It seems like every scrub knows how to mash out a reversal but few of those kinds of players know how to approach without exposing themselves to a poke or an anti-air.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

It's the same kind of thing if I play a not-so-good player in Xrd when I'm I-no. I will literally just dash in on them with HS and go from there. I'm not going to think too hard about it because the most optimal way of beating a bad player is just going in from the air and doing the most basic thing over and over and over.

the point isn't to beat them but to put them in jail and make them hate their life for making me put up with this poo poo

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I'm running into a problem where I can win maybe one match, then they play ultra defensively. Every jump in gets stuffed because they always manage to be far away. Every approach on the ground gets met with some dash move that knocks me down. I've been playing a lot more patiently and letting themselves back in to the corner before engaging but it's still hard for me.

dhamster posted:

Sounds like you are winning neutral.. are you confirming your hits into stuff? If so, pushing the opponent into the corner and hitting them with a bread and butter combo every time they walk forward should be winning you a lot of games.

This is something I need to work on. I'm so used to having every jump in blocked, I virtually never land any "big" (damaging) combos in a match and tend to win almost entirely on pokes and throws.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if you win when they come at you, make them do that

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Im on PC

New patch downloaded, now my wired xbox controller isnt recognized. Works normally in other applications. Strangely recognizes my DS controller, but only 80% of the buttons. Using input mapper now gives me a delay on controller inputs.

Cant get my xbox controller to work again. Have to use keyboard inputs to exit the game. Who would have guessed B is mapped to the B key

To be fair, I shouldnt demand that a capcom fighting game can handle two different controllers on a PC, or one after a patch. That's just silly of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Madcosby posted:

Im on PC

New patch downloaded, now my wired xbox controller isnt recognized. Works normally in other applications. Strangely recognizes my DS controller, but only 80% of the buttons. Using input mapper now gives me a delay on controller inputs.

Cant get my xbox controller to work again. Have to use keyboard inputs to exit the game. Who would have guessed B is mapped to the B key

To be fair, I shouldnt demand that a capcom fighting game can handle two different controllers on a PC, or one after a patch. That's just silly of me

My PS3 hitbox stopped working on SFV. I had no choice but to switch to my controller, then the right shoulder trigger broke. LOL. I got a port of Last Blade 2 that makes use of legacy support flawlessly.