Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wants taxes on robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
that's how the robot revolt starts

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Godholio posted:

Wants taxes on robots.

one one oh oh one one oh

benoit hamon has got to go

:awesomelon:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

DownByTheWooter posted:

that's how the robot revolt starts

IF(NOTAND(TAXATION,REPRESENTATION)
THEN(KILL_ALL_HUMANS)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
the robots will pay in bitcoins

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
the bottom two people on that image have also dropped out, so has the green party guy who is not in that image

so I guess robots are safe then

EDIT: also more up to date polling on wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_French_presidential_election,_2017

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
France'3rd parties seem a bit more compelling. I never even thought to tax the robots themselves. If they are taking all the jobs, they gotta pay into the safety net. With their robochecks

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Full executive order: https://twitter.com/EricLiptonNYT/status/838797691236687874

Full documentation of donnie being full of poo poo: https://twitter.com/NickTimiraos/status/838800327780487168

Full reference on everyone else being full of poo poo: https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/838801776782491648

Full confirmation that the ACLU is cool and good: https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/838800806354817024

Spicey currently allergic to cameras https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/status/838611391934234624

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 6, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Third World Reggin posted:

the bottom two people on that image have also dropped out, so has the green party guy who is not in that image

they have not dropped out at all

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Kurtofan posted:

they have not dropped out at all

My mistake, that was from someones tweet storm I saw earlier.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

These guys put out crappy sequels faster than Ubisoft

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

These guys put out crappy sequels faster than Ubisoft

I understood that reference.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/838795080181907457

Scare quotes in an executive order. :downsbravo:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

Wants taxes on robots.

Its part of the push for Universal Income: If you heavily automated, you get taxed per robot based on how many human jobs that took, and that gets paid into Universal Income or Social Programs.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

Didn't this same administration plan to purge federal programs that specifically target violence against women? I guess good ol' domestic, 'Murican sexual violence and assault is just peachy :angel:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 6, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Missionary Positron posted:

Didn't this same administration plan to purge federal programs that specifically target violence against women?

And his best buddy Putin just decriminalized domestic violence.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Didn't this same administration plan to purge federal programs that specifically target violence against women?

I don't have proof exactly, but I could believe it.

The fact that there's no definition of "honor killings" aside from "gender-based violence against women" is troubling, because I guaran-loving-tee that domestic abuse isn't going to pop up on there unless the abuser is <insert non-white race>.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Didn't this same administration plan to purge federal programs that specifically target violence against women? I guess good ol' domestic, 'Murican sexual violence and assault is just peachy :angel:

haha come the gently caress on, for real?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

haha come the gently caress on, for real?

Come on, you should know better by now. This is the Worst Timeline:

quote:

President-elect Donald Trump’s incoming administration is working on plans to make “dramatic cuts” in funding for initiatives to end violence against women, as well as for federal arts and humanities programs, according to a report from The Hill published on Thursday morning.

http://europe.newsweek.com/donald-trump-violence-against-women-federal-funding-budget-cuts-544710?rm=eu

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Fillon is Turbofucked, by the way.

His party are literally about to announce his replacement candidate while he refuses to step down over allegations that he paid his Wife and (at the time) Teenage daughters for state funded work in the form of Legal advice and Political Secretarial work.

Macron will win the 2nd round unless something mental happens.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I hope Satan wins and he takes us all to hell for a wicked party before the sodomy begins

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Reminder that Canadian ex-PM Stephen Harper wanted to criminalize honor killings, and create a special hot line to report them.

Thankfully this not being the US, people went "Uh murder is already illegal and we already have 911" and he lost the elections.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

redneck nazgul posted:

The fact that there's no definition of "honor killings" aside from "gender-based violence against women" is troubling, because I guaran-loving-tee that domestic abuse isn't going to pop up on there unless the abuser is <insert non-white race>.

You've got to find some way to keep Ivana Trump off the list. :shrug:

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

he, just remember there are no federal requirements for law enforcement reporting use of force, shootings, or deaths in custody.

I mean, yeah, the NYPD puts out an amazingly detailed shooting report every year, but they're the exception not the rule.

Usually comes out around May.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

Like I generally think of it as domestic violence based on gender/sex but coming from a family member rather than a spouse or partner, but how you'd break it down in a useful manner statistically I have no idea.

This info isn't being compiled in order to actually help abused women so i guess it doesn't really matter.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

P-Mack posted:

This info isn't being compiled in order to actually help abused women so i guess it doesn't really matter.

This. It's just more racist bullshit that they're throwing against the wall in hopes of it appealing to some fuckwit redneck

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/838807384206229509

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its targeted compilation of people committing crimes in the name of sharia law.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press gaggle about to start, it is NOT available on the official white house youtube channel for some reason

The last press gaggle had a lot harsher questioning from the press than the videoed press briefings so expect some fun.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/journorosa/status/838815925235232769

uh :stare:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Is that the guy trump had a spat with?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Two Finger posted:

Who doesn't?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Good for him that Canada has a history of granting citizenship to Americans that are stuck in a country that won't let them leave.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Two Finger posted:

Correct.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Two Finger posted:

Yes, that is the father of a gold star soldier who died overseas that Trump insulted repeatedly.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Lmao it'd be bad enough even if it wasn't the same guy

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer press gaggle has started, come watch now!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Yes, that is the father of a gold star soldier who died overseas that Trump insulted repeatedly.

It's a good thing Trump has such tremendous support for the families of fallen soldiers.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Fister Roboto posted:

It's a good thing Trump has such tremendous support for the families of fallen soldiers.

It's actually refreshing to see someone actually act out the institutional attitude towards the families of dead soldiers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Fister Roboto posted:

He knows more than the generals.

• Locked thread