Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

What materials do you need to upgrade the Sheikah stealth outfit? I'm about to sell some stuff to buy it but I'd be annoyed if I ended up selling something I need to upgrade it.

all the foods that boost sneak; the flower, mushrooms and also fireflies

idk what you need for the last tier b/c it is 10k rupees to unlock that and i did not do that yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I just used an amiibo and it started raining fish from the sky :stare:

Then I looked up what the different amiibo effects are and now I'm super mad that there are amazing armor sets that I'll never get :qq: I need that classic Link set in my life...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I looked over the menus and couldn't find it, is there an encyclopedia? I thought I remembered reading a tool tip that said the game tracked discovered recipes.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Are there fishing poles in this or is bomb fishing the only way to go?

Also: how and/or when does ore respawn? Is it based on in-game or real-life time?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

If I missed a picture of a boss is it possible to get that slot filled in the compendium? If not I'll save obsessively documenting all of hyrule's enemies and items for another playthrough

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Harrow posted:

Just get a full Zora set, upgrade it twice, and live your shark dreams

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Your Computer posted:

Then I looked up what the different amiibo effects are and now I'm super mad that there are amazing armor sets that I'll never get :qq: I need that classic Link set in my life...

I'm a little miffed because I had that amiibo somehow and I'm pretty sure I threw it out while moving.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The tiny guardian with one sword is adorable and I want an amiibo of it

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

You can bomb them, spear them, shoot them, bait them, probably electrocute them.. what more options do you need? :v:

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

If I missed a picture of a boss is it possible to get that slot filled in the compendium? If not I'll save obsessively documenting all of hyrule's enemies and items for another playthrough

I can't confirm right now, but you should be able to buy the pic from the lab, unless bosses are excluded from that.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I wonder if I should be marking all the places I've found koroks so that if I ever come back with a "find all the koroks" guide I don't have to wonder which ones I've found already.

Probably too late for that I guess.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Harrow posted:

I wonder if I should be marking all the places I've found koroks so that if I ever come back with a "find all the koroks" guide I don't have to wonder which ones I've found already.

Game already did that for you.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Re: Timeline.

One of the memory cutscenes mention the Twilight realm and a Zora mural talks about Ocarina of Time having been a long time before the ancient tech was created

That's kinda hard to place anywhere else.

Henry Black
Jun 27, 2004

If she's not making this face, you're not doing it right.
Fun Shoe

Harrow posted:

There's little leaves on your map where you've found them. I think you need to zoom in for them to show though.

Does anybody know how to reach the shrine by the shore of Lake Kilsie?

There's a teeny tiny little crack but I can't find another way in. You can't bomb it or climb through sideways etc.

drat blizzard hiding things. Bomb the rock on the tiny island to the North, float up, glide in.

Henry Black fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 6, 2017

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Game already did that for you.

Henry Black posted:

There's little leaves on your map where you've found them. I think you need to zoom in for them to show though.

Hell yes, I didn't even notice.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's supposed to be over 100 shrines right? I'm at 50 and it seems like there's 4 per region of the map so that doesn't add up.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Your Computer posted:

What armor is that?

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Dehry posted:

One of the memory cutscenes mention the Twilight realm and a Zora mural talks about Ocarina of Time having been a long time before the ancient tech was created

If you're talking about the Knighting ceremony cutscene...eeeeeeh, she says "Whether Skyward Bound, Adrift in Time or Steeped in the Glowing Embers of Twilight" yeah, but frankly that reads more as an Easter Egg/fancy platitude that anything else. It isn't really a direct "Twilight Realm" reference as such. At least I don't read it that way.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

s.i.r.e. posted:

I'm at 50 and it seems like there's 4 per region of the map so that doesn't add up.

Nope. Regions aren't limited to 4 shrines.

Mr President
Nov 13, 2016

by Lowtax

Dehry posted:

I love how Nintendo goes out of their way to avoid continuity.

Oh this is a Link from a previous adventure against Ganon 100 years ago? They must be talking about the original NES game right? WRONG It's a link from some failed battle involving a robot army and giant mechs against Calamity Ganon

Oh whats that? There was a battle against Ganon 1,000 years ago? That must be referring to Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword right? WRONG It's the same loving battle involving a successful mission using a robot army and giant mechs against Calamity Ganon

I mean I don't give a gently caress about Zelda canon but it would be so loving easy to tie it to previous games without hampering the story they wanted to tell in this game.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I just love how the master sword in the game is optional and the game/deku tree just goes do you want it? Then pull it out but hopefully you don't die from it like a loving simp

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macintosh HD posted:

What armor is that?

The different outfits Link has worn in previous games. You get them from their respective amiibos.

I grew up with the early Zelda games and my first Zelda game that I bought with my own money was Link's Awakening, so no matter how goofy this will always be my favorite Link:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Mr President posted:

I love how Nintendo goes out of their way to avoid continuity.

Oh this is a Link from a previous adventure against Ganon 100 years ago? They must be talking about the original NES game right? WRONG It's a link from some failed battle involving a robot army and giant mechs against Calamity Ganon

Oh whats that? There was a battle against Ganon 1,000 years ago? That must be referring to Ocarina of Time or Skyward Sword right? WRONG It's the same loving battle involving a successful mission using a robot army and giant mechs against Calamity Ganon

I mean I don't give a gently caress about Zelda canon but it would be so loving easy to tie it to previous games without hampering the story they wanted to tell in this game.

I think they do it on purpose. It's a legend, details change over time as the story is passed on.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

ComposerGuy posted:

Nope. Regions aren't limited to 4 shrines.

Welp.

Also, here's a list of all of the exclusive stuff that Zelda amiibo can give you:

http://imgur.com/a/QWNvr

It really, really loving sucks because there's some really cool poo poo you can get but gently caress buying all of those amiibo, has anyone used an amiibo spoofer?

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Make sure you do another lap around zoras domain and I'm assuming the other areas after freeing the guardian, lots of new quests.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Your Computer posted:

The different outfits Link has worn in previous games. You get them from their respective amiibos.

I grew up with the early Zelda games and my first Zelda game that I bought with my own money was Link's Awakening, so no matter how goofy this will always be my favorite Link:

How do you unlock that one?!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Macintosh HD posted:

How do you unlock that one?!

The 30th anniversary 8-bit original Zelda amiibo. Aka. good loving luck :negative:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Calaveron posted:

I just love how the master sword in the game is optional and the game/deku tree just goes do you want it? Then pull it out but hopefully you don't die from it like a loving simp

I loved when he told me something like "That thing will "break" and need to recharge, so don't overuse it. It's also not gonna carry you through the final dungeon either, so gear up."

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Your Computer posted:

The 30th anniversary 8-bit original Zelda amiibo. Aka. good loving luck :negative:

This one? http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-8-bit-link-the-legend-of-zelda-amiibo-figure/-/A-49157980

siggy2021
Mar 8, 2010
I put so much time into this game over the weekend and I come here to see all of you talking about dungeons and I wasn't even aware they were a thing. I assumed they were completely replaced with the trials.

I found three apple trees spaced out perfectly evenly on the edge of a cliff and spent 15-20 minutes just poking around the area because it -has- to be a thing. Unfortunately I'm too dumb so I wasn't able to find anything. I was also too afraid to cut the trees down in case I ruined whatever ~thing~ might be.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Your Computer posted:

Just buy all the amiibos. It only cost as much as a Switch.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

Anyone who pre-ordered the Special Edition from Wal-Mart from batch that popped up on the 1st better check their email. They just canceled mine "due to a system error that kept them from processing the order".

I wonder if my Switch will get canceled too...

Mother gently caress, I'm so pissed it's like I'm not even mad. I just feel empty..

Zelda, why do you elude me??? :(

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Yup.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

cheesetriangles posted:

Just buy all the amiibos. It only cost as much as a Switch.

Heck, I'd buy the 30th anniversary amiibo even if it's expensive. Unfortunately it seems literally impossible. I've never seen one, it's not available in any online store and even on amazon I can't find any that ship to my country :rip:

No, the other 8-bit 30th anniversary original Zelda amiibo yes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Okay so what is the actual gimmick of Lost Woods? I got the torch part just fine, but then after that it was just trial and error and running from the mist as it closed in.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Okay so what is the actual gimmick of Lost Woods? I got the torch part just fine, but then after that it was just trial and error and running from the mist as it closed in.

There will be two lit torch post things. One has a regular equipable torch on the ground next to it. Hold the torch and light it, then follow the direction of the embers.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe

Kashuno posted:

Pay attention to which way the wind is blowing by looking at the embers of your torch, the blue particles also move that way. When they switch direction, you should too. Just be constantly checking for a shift in the wind.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

siggy2021 posted:

I put so much time into this game over the weekend and I come here to see all of you talking about dungeons and I wasn't even aware they were a thing. I assumed they were completely replaced with the trials.

I found three apple trees spaced out perfectly evenly on the edge of a cliff and spent 15-20 minutes just poking around the area because it -has- to be a thing. Unfortunately I'm too dumb so I wasn't able to find anything. I was also too afraid to cut the trees down in case I ruined whatever ~thing~ might be.

Look at the fruit on the trees. One of them is different from the others. Make that one look like the others by picking/shooting down the apples the other trees don't have.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Kashuno posted:

Follow the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Hahaha holy poo poo I am dumb that is really cool! Too bad I've already made it past I feel like I missed out on a cool thing