Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

i literally dont even know how to respond to a comment as ridiculous as "dashes trivialize slows"

edit: except for back when lucian dash literally removed them

trivializes is maybe the wrong word here but I think if you try to meet him halfway you can admit there's a difference between flash and a 10s cooldown.

That said there are few better feelings than playing a voli/zil duo and just running down those champions, teamwork is always an answer and why those abilities are balanced* at a high level of play.

*by balanced I mean the majority of viable champions in a given meta have them and have answers to them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm in Washington DC again.

What should I do.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Methanar posted:

What should I do.

TP the white house.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Cruise the Hard Rock Café for low hanging tourist action.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Methanar posted:

What should I do.

Play the hit PC game League of Legends

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

trivializes is maybe the wrong word here but I think if you try to meet him halfway you can admit there's a difference between flash and a 10s cooldown.

That said there are few better feelings than playing a voli/zil duo and just running down those champions, teamwork is always an answer and why those abilities are balanced* at a high level of play.

*by balanced I mean the majority of viable champions in a given meta have them and have answers to them

I think the big point is that slows tend to be balanced around normal mobility champs, so when you have champs that can get an advantage off the terrain it becomes hard to chase them with just normal slows.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Methanar posted:

What should I do.

Smoke crack with political superstar Marion Barry.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

Get a loving haircut from literally anyone.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
dashes make jarvan's ult and yorick's w garbage :(

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
It would be cool if a slow reduced dash distance

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
That'd break the game in its own right

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Nice champion Riot

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Reduce dash speed maybe, but reducing the distance would break the game in half. Characters like Vi would become completely unplayable

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Also I played solo queue for 8 hours today, I feel BIG and STRONG

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Frozen mallet nunu would be mandatory pick/ban

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Why is it that whenever a diamond player in this thread wants to post they're totally cool and amazing I'm so good winstreak, they use a heavily cropped op.gg screenshot to do it 🤔

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.

Luna Was Here posted:

Why is it that whenever a diamond player in this thread wants to post they're totally cool and amazing I'm so good winstreak, they use a heavily cropped op.gg screenshot to do it 🤔

shut up and post

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

Diamond?

Teikanmi posted:

Sometimes you're on the right side of "their team"

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Luna Was Here posted:

I mean, this is cropped at a loss, but it's not like we had 10 losses in a row before:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
tell me about tahm kench jungle, daddy. i want to use him again.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh good, it looks like galio is a completely different and way more boring champion now.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
He looks like somebody got really into drawing their good guy robot statue man, then remembered its supposed to be a gargoyle and added wings and weird legs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WonJoHH1SYE

Having a unique niche of taunting the enemy team was too strong, so we made him Better Shen

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 6, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
He looks cool.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Wow. That's... really boring-looking. He doesn't even look very gargoyle-y anymore.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I think its mainly the head. Give him claws and a geometric version of Galio's old head and he'd look pretty cool.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Neurolimal posted:

He looks like somebody got really into drawing their good guy robot statue man, then remembered its supposed to be a gargoyle and added wings and weird legs.

Having a unique niche of taunting the enemy team was too strong, so we made him Better Shen

Aatrox with Wind Powers is go!

Also his wings look too tiny, if they scaled them up like 15% they'd look better. I guess he's okay other than that, though.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
galio NOT spooky. poo poo and bad champ. shame!

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
AATROX INNOCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
when did this

become hotter than this

fnox
May 19, 2013

I hate the palette but otherwise he looks more like a statue now.

I like how they didn't keep his ult though. Or the "optic blast" Q.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
galio looks like a PIECE of poo poo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I wouldn't mind his look in another game but it doesn't really seem to fit into league's overall aesthetic.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
he looks like a fuckin anime jojo PIECE OF poo poo

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
that face is garbage

also ty for posting an actual link, somethingawful user Neurolimal

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

fnox posted:

I hate the palette but otherwise he looks more like a statue now.

I like how they didn't keep his ult though. Or the "optic blast" Q.

He still has an AoE taunt, it's just not attached to his ult anymore

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Neurolimal posted:

Galio still has an AOE taunt, but it's not his ult anymore. That's kind of disappointing, since the taunt range would have to be fairly small or have some sort of BS minigame attached to be balanced for a normal ability.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
his face is literally :I

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He looks like the priest guy from Berserk if his model was made for LoL in 2009.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
galio looks COOL and GOOD and I will make a return to this cursed video game to PLAY and ENJOY him

• Locked thread