Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Trump is revoking the old muslim ban EO rather than defend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
someone help, I cant stop posting:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Hey wasn't Donnie Dumbfuck's Super Top Secret Plan I Won't Let You See that would edumacate all those stupid generals gonna stop Daesh in 30 days? When does the clock start ticking on that one since apparently he doesn't care enough about the terrists to get started on that as soon as he got in office. Looks like he's too busy sucking off Putin and slashing budgets to do that stuff.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Spicer says Trump will not accept a result from Congress on the wiretapping that he doesn't like.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Victor Vermis posted:

Well when you're working on a foundation of "killing people is cool and good" it kinda compels you to re-evaluate everything else you've ever taken for granted.

And by "re-evaluate" I mean "get poo poo-faced and strap the gently caress in for another thrilling episode of WHO AM I AND WHAT OTHER RULES DONT APPLY TO ME?!?!?!?!"

Zeris or Shim, please edit this into the GiP welcome/rules thread header.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
So what's up with the US Marines and 30,000 Marines sharing nude photos?

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-photo-scandal/

quote:

The Marine Corps is looking into allegations that an unknown number of potential Marines, as well as current and former service members, shared naked and compromising photos of their colleagues on social media, Marine officials said Sunday.

The allegations were first reported by the War Horse and published Saturday through the website Reveal. The author, a Marine veteran and Purple Heart recipient, as well as members of his family, have received numerous death threats since the article was first published. It is unclear how many people are involved in the scandal and how many photos were posted online.

Thoughts? Also, lmao at receiving death threats.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Piell posted:

Spicer says Trump will not accept a result from Congress on the wiretapping that he doesn't like.

:catstare:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

What?it'd be more surprising if he did.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

KildarX posted:

true, it's just crazy when you think about it is all

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

The loving stupidity of the muslim ban that Spicer STILL is ranting on about is beyond words at this point. "We don't want countries with state-sponsored terrorism sending their (!) people without being able to properly vet them"

Sean Eusebius Spicer III., you are a mouthbreathing loving moron and it's hard for me to comprehend.

Like, this discourse makes me think that people actually seem to loving believe that, without this ban, people from literally any country on the planet can just casually waltz into the US. How far detached from reality do you have to be to think that.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Fillon is Turbofucked, by the way.

His party are literally about to announce his replacement candidate while he refuses to step down over allegations that he paid his Wife and (at the time) Teenage daughters for state funded work in the form of Legal advice and Political Secretarial work.

Macron will win the 2nd round unless something mental happens.

It's always the petty corruption that gets people in trouble. Appointing an energy executive to run foreign policy? Accepting political donations from financial executives and letting them slide for widespread fraud? Sure, that seems fine. Accepting a payment for your daughter's wedding (or in this case giving paying her for pretend work)? Whoa there, we can't let this slide.

Not that petty corruption is acceptable (not to mention it's far easier to prove), but still amusing what people get worked up over.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Mar 6, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/synagogue-hate-crime-suspect-was-educated-suburban-accountant/

quote:

Stuart Wright has two tattoos.

On his left arm is the phrase “Jesus Is Love,” according to police. On his right shoulder, a swastika.

Wright, 31, was charged with a hate crime for allegedly smashing the window of a downtown synagogue and putting swastika stickers on its doors in early February. Three months earlier, he alarmed members when he visited a Pilsen church, one that was a target of racist vandalism six times in 2016.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It's always the petty corruption that gets people in trouble. Appointing an energy executive to run foreign policy? Sure, that seems fine. Accepting a payment for your daughter's wedding (or in this case giving paying her for pretend work)? Whoa there, we can't let this slide.

Not that petty corruption is acceptable (not to mention it's far easier to prove), but still amusing what people get worked up over.

there's also the massive hypocrisy that the candidate who deems public workers to be lazy parasites, wants to destroy thousands of public jobs and slash public spending also gave a hefty public salary to his wife for doing jack poo poo

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

dee snider looking' good

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

KildarX posted:

It sounds a lot like he's ordering them to manufacture evidence against Obama, which is criminal as gently caress imo.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Chichevache posted:

It sounds a lot like he's ordering them to manufacture evidence against Obama, which is criminal as gently caress imo.

It's a good thing the president can't order congress to do anything.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I like that we're now entering straight up paranoid dictator territory

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/europe-visa-free-travel-americans-european-parliament-vote-a7609406.html

The European Union is calling for a complete shutdown of Americans entering Europe through visa-less means until our union's representatives can figure out what is going on.

Yeah, Donnie, can't have the US sending us all its bad dudes with no vetting.

Also, the White House Press Secretary just said:

"I'm not gonna expand on that, I'm going to let the tweet speak for itself."

:suicide:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
"I'm going to let the tweet speak for itself"

:barf:

One day I can't wait until Spicers head just explodes

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

KildarX posted:

You're not supposed to say that out loud though.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

redneck nazgul posted:

I don't have proof exactly, but I could believe it.

The fact that there's no definition of "honor killings" aside from "gender-based violence against women" is troubling, because I guaran-loving-tee that domestic abuse isn't going to pop up on there unless the abuser is <insert non-white race>.

I read that as Quran-loving-tee. Seems accurate.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/europe-visa-free-travel-americans-european-parliament-vote-a7609406.html

The European Union is calling for a complete shutdown of Americans entering Europe through visa-less means until our union's representatives can figure out what is going on.

Yeah, Donnie, can't have the US sending us all its bad dudes with no vetting.

If the US goes up against the EU, which side is Russia on?

Which side is Canada on? :ohdear:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
French politics is strange as well. In the UK if a Prime Minister was caught loving an Actress on the down-low it would probably bring the Government down, it almost got Clinton Impeached and he was just splashing tonsils. In France Hollande ( who was married) starts loving a much much younger actress and gets busted and no one gives a gently caress.

Did you know the guy they they want to replace Fillon with, Alain Juppe, got a loving suspended prison sentence for corruption whilst in office! His approval ratings are still higher than half the Presidential candidates.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

French politics is strange as well. In the UK if a Prime Minister was caught loving an Actress on the down-low it would probably bring the Government down, it almost got Clinton Impeached and he was just splashing tonsils. In France Hollande ( who was married) starts loving a much much younger actress and gets busted and no one gives a gently caress.

Did you know the guy they they want to replace Fillon with, Alain Juppe, got a loving suspended prison sentence for corruption whilst in office! His approval ratings are still higher than half the Presidential candidates.

At the funerals for French presidents, the mistresses sit with the family.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Hey wasn't Donnie Dumbfuck's Super Top Secret Plan I Won't Let You See that would edumacate all those stupid generals gonna stop Daesh in 30 days? When does the clock start ticking on that one since apparently he doesn't care enough about the terrists to get started on that as soon as he got in office. Looks like he's too busy sucking off Putin and slashing budgets to do that stuff.

https://thenib.com/trumpian-timekeeping?t=recent

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

FrozenVent posted:

No idea, but I should be trying to rekindle the contact with my Russian ex, just to be sure.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

It's like different cultures have different visions of marriage and extra-marital relationships.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

Laughing all the way to the bank until someone blows up the oil pipelines.

quote:

Which side is Canada on? :ohdear:

Putting down a simultaneous secession of Alberta to the US and Quebec back to France.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Continuing the theme of Europe and defense:

quote:

Fearing U.S. Withdrawal, Europe Considers Its Own Nuclear Deterrent

BERLIN — An idea, once unthinkable, is gaining attention in European policy circles: a European Union nuclear weapons program.

Under such a plan, France’s arsenal would be repurposed to protect the rest of Europe and would be put under a common European command, funding plan, defense doctrine, or some combination of the three. It would be enacted only if the Continent could no longer count on American protection.

Though no new countries would join the nuclear club under this scheme, it would amount to an unprecedented escalation in Europe’s collective military power and a drastic break with American leadership.

Analysts say that the talk, even if it never translates into action, demonstrates the growing sense in Europe that drastic steps may be necessary to protect the postwar order in the era of a Trump presidency, a resurgent Russia and the possibility of an alignment between the two.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/...pe=sectionfront

Granted, the chances of an independent European nuclear deterrent happening are minimal but as the article points out, it's pretty crazy that the chances are no longer 0%.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wouldn't killing your cheatin' spouse be a honor killing?

I don't think that list will have quite the make up they assume it will.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LingcodKilla posted:

Wouldn't killing your cheatin' spouse be a honor killing?

I don't think that list will have quite the make up they assume it will.

Of course not. That's a crime of passion. An honor killing is done because it is your religious (muslim) duty.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Missionary Positron posted:

Granted, the chances of an independent European nuclear deterrent happening are minimal but as the article points out, it's pretty crazy that the chances are no longer 0%.

Jesus Christ :stare:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Missionary Positron posted:

Why wouldn't they just pony up their GDP share of NATO dues vs this. Get on Donnies good side and maintain protection.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

Of course not. That's a crime of passion. An honor killing is done because it is your religious (muslim) duty.

Obviously.

Should be something in the Old Testament though.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Why wouldn't they just pony up their GDP share of NATO dues vs this. Get on Donnies good side and maintain protection.

Because I don't think they trust that don man and the executive branch aren't Russian puppets/patsys?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

KildarX posted:

Because I don't think they trust that don man and the executive branch aren't Russian puppets/patsys?

Pretty much this. The US is no longer seen as a reliable ally, which is pretty terrifying.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Surely President Trump can do some of his famous wheeling and dealing and save these 1100 jobs!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/news/companies/gm-layoffs/index.html

quote:

General Motors is laying off 1,100 workers in Michigan -- the fourth layoff it's announced since November.

The company is eliminating the third shift at its Lansing Delta Township plant, which makes three SUVs built on the same platform -- the Chevrolet Traverse, the Buick Enclave and the GMC Acadia. But the new version of the Acadia is being built on a smaller platform, so production of that car moved to a Spring Hill, Tenn., plant last summer.

There are currently 3,144 workers at the Lansing plant. The workers who are keeping their jobs are pretty safe -- the company just invested $583 million in the plant to make the new generation of Traverses and Enclaves there.

GM has been scaling back production and employment due to lower U.S. sales.

In November, GM said it was eliminating the third shift at the nearby Lansing Grand River plant, as well as at the Lordstown Ohio plant. Those layoffs, which were the first U.S. job cuts announced by GM since 2010, took place in late January.

Then in December it announced plans to eliminate the third shift at its only remaining facility within Detroit city limits -- the Detroit Hamtramck plant.
The four rounds of layoffs will cut a total of 4,400 jobs. The company employed 105,000 as of the end of last year. However, GM still has more U.S. employees now than it did in 2015, when it employed 97,000 workers.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

And Boeing layoffs announced last Wednesday.

Thanks Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

He'll badmouth them on twitter and call it a day.

ME MAKE DEAL GOOD. ART OF DEAL GOOD, IVANKA SIT ON LAP NOW.

• Locked thread