Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Regarde Aduck posted:

LOGH from being the best sci fi epic ever told in visual media.
Err no. I watched a couple of those from recommendations from anime guys like you saying it was the greatest thing ever, its wasn't. It was an ok cartoon that I might have liked when I was 16. Id go battlestar galatica for best sci-fi telly personally. Of course taste is subjective and there was bit of raping in BSG as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haakman
May 5, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

Moving away from anime (as rapidly as possible), here's a fun take on the ol' Political Compass, Who Are You In 1917 Russia?

I'm somewhere between the Left SRs & Anarchists.

I teach the history of the USSR and this will be really useful to the kids - they always struggle identifying all the parties. Thanks!

Also Bolshevik. Natch.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

MikeCrotch posted:

Menshevik Internationalist here. Can't wait to be strung along by whoever here is closest to Lenin and then shot like a dog in the street. ***It's the Russian way***

Bolshevik but authoritarian, walkies is later

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Seems like you should watch k-on

E: primarily directed at seaside loafer but really directed at all who live the anime life

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

TomViolence posted:

quote:

Hahaha. Now I have your sperm.
New thread title here.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think about my only interaction with animu aside from being on the internet was that I read yotsuba when I was younger.

Which is odd because I feel like I got in at the deep end.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Seaside Loafer posted:

First one I ever saw was the most tentacle rapey one I think ive ever seen. It was lets see ... 22 years ago and they randomly started letting the hard 18 rated anime films in computer game shops for some reason, so it had the famous motorbike one with Kaneda and Tetsuo but it also had this. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108461/ . That's like 2 of hours demons raping young looking girls. That was a bit of an eye opener and no mistake.

I've considered anime as an art form objectively over the years and tbh it does seem to have a tiny bit of raping and young girls and stuff. Just saying.

for some reason the sci-fi channel quite often put that in their middle of night anime filler slot. which i would tape and watch on a sunday afternoon when i was like 12
never wiped a tape quicker in my life

anyway, since people were talking about Lib Dems again, it might come as no surprise that their newest MP is a bit poo poo
http://www.citymetric.com/fabric/we-re-not-building-skyscrapers-stratford-protect-views-richmond-park-2854

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Namtab posted:

Seems like you should watch k-on

E: primarily directed at seaside loafer but really directed at all who live the anime life
I dont want to watch a cartoon about teenage girls having a rock band. Im sure the art and animation and all that is great but you know, I like my entertainment grown up ish. Well to be fair thats not really true seeing as I like superman films but you know what I mean.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Hahaha. Now I have your sperm.
\

I was going to use a pigs head but yikes a lot of those pictures are like something out of an anime.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Seaside Loafer posted:

I dont want to watch a cartoon about teenage girls having a rock band. Im sure the art and animation and all that is great but you know, I like my entertainment grown up ish. Well to be fair thats not really true seeing as I like superman films but you know what I mean.

You should read yotsuba it is a comic book about a dad.

Also i guess his daughter but it's basically dad comic.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

You should read yotsuba it is a comic book about a dad.

Also i guess his daughter but it's basically dad comic.

Tbf it's 90% daughter 10% dad, but it's a really good manga

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I mostly remember the dad. Dad was cool.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Yotsuba looks good. I'll recommend to my daughter, she is way into manga (not of the horrible kind). She will think im clued in on the scene bwhahaha. Thanks!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So how long did Pissflaps go on about JC's tax returns not showing his earnings when they showed his earnings?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

So how long did Pissflaps go on about JC's tax returns not showing his earnings when they showed his earnings?

About 7 posts, mostly arguing with spangly about who is the biggest layman

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

He was surprisingly restrained. I think on Sunday night when I said it was indeed a gently caress up derailed him a bit. Couple of repeating the obvious posts this morning and that was it. Maybe he is crashing out ....

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

If your kid likes chill manga then aria is p.cool

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Guys, it took like several hours from a journalist making up something completely unfounded to Corbyn's team being able to explain it in enough simple detail to satisfy people that don't want to be satisfied.

Inexcusable.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Beer and cigarettes going to get a big hike in duty tomorrow by the sounds of it. And national insurance contributions going up. Cant wait to see the damage.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Budgets never change anything much.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Yay for grammar schools and Victorian standards of education! At this rate I fully expect to see May making child labour legal again in ~2 years, those were the good old times, right? Gotta make Bretane competitive again.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Are you a Star Trek fan?

You know the Picard Maneuver, where you get your enemy to keep looking at what he thinks is you, but you actually escaped around him and can attack from a new angle?

The Pissflaps Maneuver is similar, except you only deploy it when people dismantle your original argument (Corbyn hasn't declared his income!), so you're forced to quickly deploy your backup argument (Corbyn declared his income in a way I do not like, even though it has no bearing on how it os taxed or handled.) whilst hoping people will remain focused on your prior argument, in hopes that if you yell really loudly people might just assume it's the same sort of yelling and can't be bothered pursuing a route of argument with you properly, which you then declare means there isn't a real counter to your argument, and disappear for t hours or so, only posting occasionally to comment on other stories about how X is Y. (Where X = Corbyn with 90% probability, and Y = Bad with 100% probability.)

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lol if you buy cigarettes from the UK or Ireland. You can legally import as many as you want for personal use from Poland as a member of the Europ...

gently caress.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Pochoclo posted:

Yay for grammar schools and Victorian standards of education! At this rate I fully expect to see May making child labour legal again in ~2 years, those were the good old times, right? Gotta make Bretane competitive again.
Nobody's left out of the hard working families initiative!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Britane is what you get when you increase duty on Britanol.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Smoking is bad.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

serious gaylord posted:

Beer and cigarettes going to get a big hike in duty tomorrow by the sounds of it. And national insurance contributions going up. Cant wait to see the damage.
that can't be happening everyone said the "punishment budget" was a project fear thing and there would be no need to raise revenue as a consequence of brexit

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

namesake posted:

Smoking is bad.

But it makes you look so cool and the scars make you double cool.

Namtab posted:

About 7 posts, mostly arguing with spangly about who is the biggest layman

I am 100% caught up.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
making alcohol and tobacco more expensive is a good thing

possibly the only good thing they will do for the nhs

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
I haven't smoked in a year and a half but have we broken a tenner a pack yet?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cerv posted:

for some reason the sci-fi channel quite often put that in their middle of night anime filler slot. which i would tape and watch on a sunday afternoon when i was like 12
never wiped a tape quicker in my life

Same, and the anime taped before it was the final Evangelion, where the creator told everyone who hated the original ending to go gently caress themselves and had the entire cast explode before turning the Earth into a primordial soup. Since I hadn't seen a single episode beforehand, it was very confusing.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I haven't smoked in a year and a half but have we broken a tenner a pack yet?

Around 9.20 for a pack of twenty at the moment.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What on earth kind of university course did you do?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

XMNN posted:

The NHS would be far better off if we all smoked and drank ourselves into early graves. A few months of futile chemo/radiotherapy for your lung cancer followed by some grief counselling for your widow beats the hell out of ten or fifteen years of dementia care.

I have to admit even as a doctor I have mixed feelings about hiking booze and fag duty. On the one hand it objectively makes people healthier. On the other, it only limits the life choices of the poor, and it does it by placing the things people want out of their means. While the rich get to do whatever the hell they like because having money exempts you from all these health drives.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

XMNN posted:

Good for individual quality of life, but not necessarily good for the NHS. The best thing for the NHS on that axis would be everyone dying of black lung or the fatness before their senior years.

Increased alcohol prices is probably good news for public order, the NHS, and homebrewers though.

efb

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yes but we don't want to pay for the healthcare of the poors so it all works out. You get to work joylessly while not unduly damaging the company property that is your body and the rich people get to have fun.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Media studies. What else? :rolleyes:

(Sorry, I deleted that to avoid keeping the derail going too long. Overfiend managed to get a rep as an animated video nasty, which is why it managed to get sort of a pass for several years).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Hentai Studies.

A lot of philosophy courses will have deliberately gross things in aesthetics modules.

Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

It was the coat of a packet of fags hitting £7 that caused me to give up and I feel a bit less unhealthy nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I study the anim, the mang, the henty

• Locked thread