Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pgroce
Oct 24, 2002
That Scene From Zygon Invasion: The Episode

(You're forgiven for repressing that memory.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I got on a Who kick again and have been going through the revival. But before that I started with rewatching the Husbands of River Song and I just love that last scene. It's scenes like that why I love the show. Looking forward to new Who.

Edit: Just got to Silence in the Library. Man Doctor Who has a lot of body horror.

Shard fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Nov 30, 2016

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Season 10 trailer is here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3x4YF3EisE

These would appear to be Movellans! Its a brief shot at 0:32

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Why am I excited about the loving Movellans coming back? What have I become?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

cargohills posted:

Why am I excited about the loving Movellans coming back? What have I become?

ONE OF US ONE OF US

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I eagerly anticipate the inevitable return of the Vervoids in Series 11.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

cargohills posted:

I eagerly anticipate the inevitable return of the Vervoids in Series 11.

....Where they will battle the Mykra.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Look who's back again...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zOJJA8gMXQ

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Hopefully Moffat gave her a better script. She makes a pretty fun villain but she had the worst episodes.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I was a big fan of both her stories so far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I like Missy a lot and she can usually carry the script.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

IMPROV

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/adff0629-5ce5-4a0e-b81a-69693d489745
Aggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 10th planet Cybermen!!!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ahhhhhhhh!

https://mobile.twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/838803941458608128

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
11 and 12 is the finale, right?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
On one hand, yay classic designs.

On the other hand, really wish we could have gotten Invasion era suits

On the other other hand, yay Real Cybermen

And on the last hand- didn't Moffat use the Cybermen as the big two part finale villain in one of his seasons before now on wait that's right it was a trash fire God drat It

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Dark Water/Death in Heaven was great, actually

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cargohills posted:

Dark Water/Death in Heaven was great, actually

Not the Cyberman part.

They weren't even actually Cybermen, just knock offs the Master made that looked like them so they wouldn't have to get new costumes.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

It was the best Cyberman story since The Invasion so I'm okay with them being slightly different tbh

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

cargohills posted:

It was the best Cyberman story since The Invasion so I'm okay with them being slightly different tbh

They weren't even slightly different, that literally wasn't the Cybermen.

If they changed the costume they'd just be nano cyborgs the Master created to dupe humanity.

If they had any agency in the story, actually being apart of the story, I'd be more forgiving but they literally were not the Cybermen.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

omg omg omg omg

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Yeah, they looked like Cybermen as a sort of misdirection(within the story as well? Not sure what benefit the Master would get from that) but, good as Dark Water/Death In Heaven was, it wasn't a Cybermen story

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That is so cool.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Body horror please. Scary terrifying body horror.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
As someone who isn't a huge classic Who fan, I have to say, classic Cybermen are not what I think of when people say "body horror." They're just so inherently cheap looking that it's hard for me to take them seriously.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

As someone who isn't a huge classic Who fan, I have to say, classic Cybermen are not what I think of when people say "body horror." They're just so inherently cheap looking that it's hard for me to take them seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBHGbBJwyh0

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Do you think the target audience of the show will allow the episodes to even delve that far into the realm of "terrifying body horror" ? I mean maybe "slightly disturbing if you really think about it body horror" at best?

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

The_Doctor posted:

Father must see my uniform

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

See, to me, it works because it looks like a sack of bones and organs being powered by machine.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

AndyElusive posted:

Do you think the target audience of the show will allow the episodes to even delve that far into the realm of "terrifying body horror" ? I mean maybe "slightly disturbing if you really think about it body horror" at best?

Already did that in "The Age of Steel" anyway when the Cybermen all go insane after their emotions are switched back on.

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Already did that in "The Age of Steel" anyway when the Cybermen all go insane after their emotions are switched back on.

Spare Parts did it better, Age of Steel was a huge disappointment.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

I always forget those great original voices. The odd whistling just makes them so much creepier than the modern generic robot voice.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Fantasy finale rewriting: Tens whole "I don't want to go..." adventure being a leadup to a classic Cyberman "we must survive..." story.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

There's more:
https://twitter.com/emperordhs/status/838878449179713536

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

This is great!

This is not as great! In fact it's a bit poo poo!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Hahahaha of course. I'm willing to bet the Mondasians are just an extended cameo now.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday
I wish I could get excited by this.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

This is much less exciting than it just being a story with the old ones

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There's the catch.

There's the catch.

Good to know I can not look forward to this, thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Hahahaha of course. I'm willing to bet the Mondasians are just an extended cameo now.

I honestly forget the difference between the Cybusmen and the ones from Nightmare in Silver -- was it that the latter were slimmed up a bit and given that blue light on the chestpiece?

• Locked thread