Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

The cast of the new Power Rangers movie being interviewed by Amy Jo Johnson. She barely aged!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap3MRmQRSek

edit:
Coming in August:

gently caress yes, I never got to see it in theater when it came out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I wonder if, with the advent of 3D VR tech, we'll see an eventual home release of some of those Universal rides.

It'll be a shame if the Back to the Future ride ends up getting lost to time.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

ruddiger posted:

I wonder if, with the advent of 3D VR tech, we'll see an eventual home release of some of those Universal rides.

It'll be a shame if the Back to the Future ride ends up getting lost to time.

It's nowhere near the full IMAX experience, but they put the ride on the 25th anniversary blu-ray so the footage does still exist somewhere in the Universal archives. I'd love to see them release the old rides as 3dvr experiences.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Japan brought back the Jaws ride.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

The MSJ posted:

The cast of the new Power Rangers movie being interviewed by Amy Jo Johnson. She barely aged!

:blush::love:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

This really does make me think that it was just the 90s style to make actual teenagers look like they're 40 years old.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

The world needs more talking robot dogs with weird cgi arms that come out of their bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2t2qYK7Vo8

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Tars Tarkas posted:

The world needs more talking robot dogs with weird cgi arms that come out of their bodies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2t2qYK7Vo8
A talking dog!?!

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Did Jonathan Silverman do too much blow and burn all his bridges in the 90's or something?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Is it weird that I find non-talking dogs to be preferable? It can keep its robot arms and wings or whatever.

Dyno-Mutt's pretty good.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Punkin Spunkin posted:

A talking dog!?!

I'm seriously angry at the lack of structural backfill and asphalt base under that inch of asphalt they're calling a road. Developer that put together that plat was cheap as gently caress.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

dont even fink about it posted:

Did Jonathan Silverman do too much blow and burn all his bridges in the 90's or something?
Yes

ookiimarukochan
Apr 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/GhostInShell/status/838479496390967297

My ears!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

What if Maid Marian was "serious and truly gritty" and also Margot Robbie?

quote:

It garnered a lot of interest, but when the dust cleared it was Sony that nailed the project for producers Donald De Line and Amy Pascal by pre-empting the spec Marian for actress Margot Robbie to star. A nice role for Robbie to show some more of her acting chops, this time in a serious and truly gritty turn. Think Braveheart meets Game of Thrones. Robbie’s label LuckyChap Entertainment is also producing, with Rock Shaink, through his Romark Entertainment.

Scripted by newcomer Pete Barry, Marian is based on the character from the Robin Hood folklore. Here’s the storyline: After a conspiracy to conquer England in which the love of her life Robin Hood dies before her eyes, Marian picks up the cause to lead her people into a pivotal war. She comes to power, charging into a battle that will not only decide the fate of the kingdom but will see her don the mantle of the man she loved. In the process, she rises as a legend herself.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/marian-margot-robbie-xxx-hot-spec-1202027334/

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I mean, "what if Maid Marian was Robin Hood" is pretty good but what about "what if Little John was Maid Marian"?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Lobok posted:

I mean, "what if Maid Marian was Robin Hood" is pretty good but what about "what if Little John was Maid Marian"?

What!?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tars Tarkas posted:

quote:

It garnered a lot of interest, but when the dust cleared it was Sony that nailed the project for producers Donald De Line and Amy Pascal by pre-empting the spec Marian for actress Margot Robbie to star.

:tif:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Maid Marian as Robin Hood is a lot more interesting a concept to me than Snow White as a fantasy warrior.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This was an okay joke.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tars Tarkas posted:

What if Maid Marian was "serious and truly gritty" and also Margot Robbie?

http://deadline.com/2017/03/marian-margot-robbie-xxx-hot-spec-1202027334/

I misread that as Mad Marian and for a second thought they were making a gender-swapped Mad Max.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mad Marion: The Payback
Now
You
Maid
Her
Mad

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

kiimo posted:

Mad Marion: The Payback
Now
You
Maid
Her
Mad

Gonna be real mad if this isn't the trailer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Maid Marian stepping into the spotlight isn't exactly a new idea, there was a British kids TV show built around the idea in the late 80s. It wasn't SERIOUSLY GRITTY :black101: though, Robin was just an incompetent figurehead (with Marian doing all the real work) rather than being killed off.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

It's time for this maid

to TAKE OUT THE TRASH

*let the bodies hit the floor.mp3*

Bob Smith
Jan 5, 2006
Well Then, What Shall We Start With?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Maid Marian stepping into the spotlight isn't exactly a new idea, there was a British kids TV show built around the idea in the late 80s. It wasn't SERIOUSLY GRITTY :black101: though, Robin was just an incompetent figurehead (with Marian doing all the real work) rather than being killed off.

That show was pretty drat funny. I still get the Pancake Day song from it stuck in my head sometimes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Tars Tarkas posted:

What if Maid Marian was "serious and truly gritty"
Didn't that already happen 17 years ago in Requiem for a Dream?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Now get this kids are into this cool thing called planking, what if we have Marion just balance herself on rails and columns, just working her core, a shredded Marion on Instagram, showing her abs and twitter followers

edit; A bass drop and Turn up for What plays as Marion refuses to stand up

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Game of thrones succeeding is responsible for so much stupid poo poo
It's so easy to just be like "it's game of thrones meets x!!"

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Shageletic posted:

Now get this kids are into this cool thing called planking, what if we have Marion just balance herself on rails and columns, just working her core, a shredded Marion on Instagram, showing her abs and twitter followers

The Sheriff of Nottingham was elected by inciting the populace of Sherwood Forest against the lazy entitled duodecimcentennials while actually being responsible for everyone's misery by ruining the economy in the first place.

Oh yeah, and, uh, Maid Marion fires a bow while dabbing and Friar Tuck is an alchemist who vapes.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The only thing GoT really does that wasn't done so much was like rear end-fingering and incest.

And Marian is the cousin of the Sheriff soooo

Also Marian is a straight-washing of the original Robin Hood because his Merry Men were all forest gay before she was written in.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

What was Game of Thrones pitched as to HBO? It's like Lord of the Rings meets Deadwood!

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Shageletic posted:

Amy Pascal account spotted

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
It's like Rome except enough people will watch it :(

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

syscall girl posted:

Also Marian is a straight-washing of the original Robin Hood because his Merry Men were all forest gay before she was written in.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Lobok posted:

This was an okay joke.

Yeah.

yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Lobok posted:

What was Game of Thrones pitched as to HBO? It's like Lord of the Rings meets Deadwood!

What if Monty Python and the Holy Grail was serious

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Mar 7, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lobok posted:

HBO is a premium channel, they don't care about ratings because they don't have advertisers and instead only really care about attracting and retaining subscribers. Having an adaptation of one of the best-selling books of the time is a great way to attract a huge audience that may not normally give a poo poo about the usual HBO programming while the gritty violence and sexposition gives it an air of edginess and respectability that helps reinforces HBO's image and would make it appealing to people outside of the usual target audience of fantasy, it was definitely an expensive risk but it was hardly a huge gamble.

Especially since the first season doesn't have any actual expensive magic or dragons and they even cheap out on the big battle scene towards the end by knocking out the POV character and having him wake up during the aftermath. It only got really extravagant in the later seasons when it was a proven success.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

Graphic sex, graphic violence, and enough monologues that people think it's smart television, it's there entire M.O.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Peanut President posted:

What if Monty Python and the Holy Grail was serious

Excalibur was dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

He's a cop.