Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

proof of concept posted:

There's that ol "access" weasel again

love 2 have "access"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Is there any chance the sane parts of congress (lol) just plan to humor him without ever actually conducting an investigation

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

pathetic little tramp posted:

So let's say the average premium is 300$, right? Okay, now I lose my job and can't afford new health insurance until 64 days later when I get my new job. I now have to pay 300$ a month PLUS a 90$ penalty every month for one year. The penalty is equal to 90x12 = 1080 dollars. A 1080 dollar penalty for being uninsured. The penalty under ACA was 695$. On average, this is a penalty increase of almost 200% and it goes directly to insurance companies.

quoting again because lmfao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Shageletic posted:

For reconciliation to happen, a budget resolution needs to be passed by April 15th. If that doesn't happen, they need to wait until the next session next year, or have 60 people in the Congress pass it.

They've got less than a month to jam this through.

:rip:

Al! posted:

the iron wind blew through congress, twisting the already injured ACA into some kind of useless writhing horror

Boner Zone
Jan 14, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
by ending this nightmare he means life on this earth

trump the merciful

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
It's worse for family plans which are 800$ a month on average, a 30% penalty for one year is equal to almost 3000 dollars in extra costs.

And all this is assuming premiums never ever go up again, which, lol.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

HAHA BOY YOU SAID IT

TIME TO END

THIS NIGHT MARE :shepicide:

trump is gonna be so fkn lit if it doesnt go thru lmfao

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

what happen the last 72hrs?????

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Just let me be clear here. Without the mandate, but with pre-existing conditions, insurance companies are going to have to crank up rates by hundreds of percentage, yea?

Yeah basically if you have health insurance through your employer then you will be considered quite a catch to marry!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Office Pig posted:

How hard will Trump vacate his bowels if the senate strikes this thing down

i'll never forget how less than two weeks before being sworn in as president, he said that the senate would pass obamacare repeal "probably sometime next week" (i.e., mid-january) and the replacement would pass "very quickly or simultaneously, very shortly thereafter" because the dumb galoot never bothered to find out how legislative calendars work
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/01/trumps-latest-obamacare-remarks-contain-layers-of-madness.html

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

There's a good reason why they tried to keep their lovely plan under wraps for a long time.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

pathetic little tramp posted:

It's worse for family plans which are 800$ a month on average, a 30% penalty for one year is equal to almost 3000 dollars in extra costs.

And all this is assuming premiums never ever go up again, which, lol.

cant wait for not one person in the newsmedia to point this out because it involves math and thinking too hard

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
2018 Health Purge

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

How is there still a penalty if there's no mandate?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

'ReadTheBill.GOP'

llamafao

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

mormonpartyboat posted:

is he bragging about taking snacks from pappa president? or a literal baby?

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/838871675366158336

He's gonna show signs of polonium poisoning soon

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Grem posted:

it's a double-if situation

IF you lose healthcare for more than 63 days, and IF you then get it after that, you pay a penalty

no one said you HAD to do either, buddy :rolleye:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Spun Dog posted:

He's gonna show signs of polonium poisoning soon

can't be any worse than what they did to eric

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I uh...

I don't think this will pass. Same as Trump's dumbfuck budget.

BUT WHAT DO I KNOW I THOUGHT HILLARY WOULD WIN

I'm starting to wish I put more pills into my mouth all those years ago

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

So I'm assuming Trump is endorsing the House plan? Is there any real expectation that the Senate (or some sufficient number of rogue Senate Republicans) are willing to take the heat of shooting it down, especially if this is their only chance to get it passed and Trump and the House will almost certainly dump all the blame for failing to replace Obamacare on them if they do?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

'ReadTheBill.GOP'

llamafao

ReadTheBill.GOP.cx

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Grem posted:

gently caress you, thats why

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Grem posted:

Just let me be clear here. Without the mandate, but with pre-existing conditions, insurance companies are going to have to crank up rates by hundreds of percentage, yea?

quote:

In fact, the new legislation looks a lot like earlier versions of the measure that Politico, The Wall Street Journal, and other publications have described. Studies of those bills suggested they would result in cheaper premiums for younger and healthier people, and new tax breaks for more affluent consumers ¯ but also higher out-of-pocket costs, higher premiums for older and sicker people, and ultimately many more uninsured.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/house-republicans-obamacare-repeal_us_58bdf877e4b09ab537d63e57?fdstwkxjjum1da38fr

Also the health care those kids get in 2018 is a bottle of water (from Flint) and a hearty good luck (or more likely gently caress off).

moveable shape
Oct 18, 2015
how is this not going to massively accelerate the current affordability death spiral?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
[Yinlockishly] "It actually matters you know."

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Dolash posted:

So I'm assuming Trump is endorsing the House plan? Is there any real expectation that the Senate (or some sufficient number of rogue Senate Republicans) are willing to take the heat of shooting it down, especially if this is their only chance to get it passed and Trump and the House will almost certainly dump all the blame for failing to replace Obamacare on them if they do?

Mulvaney was a real big part in this, so i'm assuming the admin will put at least some weight behind it.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

is he bragging about taking snacks from pappa president? or a literal baby?

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/838871675366158336

im the staffer who took the photo whos now contemplating taking the wrong way onto the Beltway (lol gl w/ that)

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
This bill is dead in the water and Trump is going to have such a funny meltdown about it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Shugojin posted:

it's a double-if situation

IF you lose healthcare for more than 63 days, and IF you then get it after that, you pay a penalty

no one said you HAD to do either, buddy :rolleye:

Is this real life? Holy gently caress.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

why is the bill dead? im not going to readthebill.gop

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Pay pay pay

buy buy buy

die die die

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Repubs are so eager to take away health insurance they're going to spike the market for health insurers, insuring the whole thing fails in a couple of years or so.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ShutteredIn posted:

This bill is dead in the water and Trump is going to have such a funny meltdown about it

Time to finally end this nightmare.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

ShutteredIn posted:

hopefully more than that, the meltdown routine is getting p old tbh

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

ShutteredIn posted:

Unless it's not dead in the water in which case ?!?!??!?!??!!!???????????????????

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tormp(54): time to finally end this nightmare

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Office Pig posted:

Unless it's not dead in the water in which case ?!?!??!?!??!!!???????????????????

Death is certain.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Shageletic posted:

For reconciliation to happen, a budget resolution needs to be passed by April 15th. If that doesn't happen, they need to wait until the next session next year, or have 60 people in the Congress pass it.

They've got less than a month to jam this through.

Just a reminder there's a massive protest planned for April 15th (by the same people who did the Women's March)

If ACA gets repealed then oh boyyyy

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Repubs are so eager to take away health insurance they're going to spike the market for health insurers, insuring the whole thing fails in a couple of years or so.

you're swell shaggy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its going to pass because Republicans are cowardly little weasels and are terrified of getting primaried by a Trump-endorsed opponent

• Locked thread