Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
how much godawful waggle is going on in the switch version as opposed to the wii u version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I AM THE TOILET posted:

how much godawful waggle is going on in the switch version as opposed to the wii u version

There is no waggle.

The only motion thing is if you prefer you can aim arrow shooting by physically moving the tablet and believe it or not I actually find it better than using the gamepad

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

a bone to pick posted:

Or y'know, a child, the target audience for Nintendo.

video games are not for children

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Pointercount: vudeo games are exclusively for children.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Robo Reagan posted:

video games are not for children

But Nintendo's are.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe

ouch

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-PowerCore-Qualcomm-Backwards-Compatible/dp/B01J5P98SK/

Switch battery life got you down? Recharge it four times over for only $35 extra American dollars.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I climbed up a wall, got around the corner above 2 guys, snuck around behind them up a bridge and then cold cocked one guy into the water and smashed in the face of the other one before he could alert the rest.

Some MSG poo poo up here.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

There is no waggle.

The only motion thing is if you prefer you can aim arrow shooting by physically moving the tablet and believe it or not I actually find it better than using the gamepad

the 3ds has the same thing and it makes shooting arrows in ocarina and majoras mask super easy

CountingCrows
Apr 17, 2001
objectively true bad things about new zelda:

1. cooking inventory management
2. wii u gamepad literally just blinks nothing at you all game long
3. theres a restrictive pointless tax on swinging at anything or even fighting random enemies, cause oh one of your limited weapons is going to break. often two.
4. World feels weirdly empty between cities, even if it wasnt, better not swing at poo poo or your good weapons are gonna be quickly replaced by bad ones.

10/10 best game ever made

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

crowbcat to the rescue as usual.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Carmant posted:

It's literally never going to be that price.

yea it will

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

CountingCrows posted:

3. theres a restrictive pointless tax on swinging at anything or even fighting random enemies, cause oh one of your limited weapons is going to break. often two.
4. World feels weirdly empty between cities, even if it wasnt, better not swing at poo poo or your good weapons are gonna be quickly replaced by bad ones.

1. Its not great
2. THats stupid but not a huge deal
3. I literally have to throw weapons away because I'm constantly finding better ones
4. Who cares. There are tons of secrets to find out in the world not every square inch has to have some dumb MMO quest style bullshit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CountingCrows posted:

how many swings do you get per master sword?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I havent played it, but from what I gather, they made Zelda into a wrpg, and its inventory system has went in that direction by necessity. like, the witcher 3 is the game of the century, but its inventory sucked balls. see also: any dragon age and elder scrolls/fallout

though even the witcher minimized the pain of crafting by making you only do it once per craftable item

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

an answer to the inventory issues is to pare it down to a grid a la deus ex, but that basically excludes crafting. as if thats a bad thing

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

No good crafting system should ever have you directly interact with the ingredients but rather just be a requirement to press the "make" button, and should include the option to make until your supply runs out

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Justin Tyme posted:

No good crafting system should ever have you directly interact with the ingredients but rather just be a requirement to press the "make" button, and should include the option to make until your supply runs out

That's not how my train of thought went but I agree. Thats pretty beyond the pale.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

FFX crafting was ok because I just stumbled into the menu, found the things I could make because I collected the right number of ingredients from random fights, and just hit the make button

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

reminder that witcher and elder scrolls have breakable weapons and it's good because it makes the game harder

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Professor SJW posted:

reminder that witcher and elder scrolls have breakable weapons and it's good because it makes the game harder

skyrim doesnt. and witcher 3 doesnt make them unusable, they just show up in a weird graphic on the hud

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

skyrim doesnt. and witcher 3 doesnt make them unusable, they just show up in a weird graphic on the hud

skyrim was elder scrolls for babies

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm done with crafting, I don't care about the breakable weapons but crafting is such a waste of time when I see it in a game I completely write it off.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

i watched some rear end in a top hat making like 200 bucks an hour on twitch beat the game this morning so I don't have to bother paying for it or a switch.

(it does look fun and if i get a chance in the future i will probably play it some but i aint paying for it)

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Wendigee posted:

i watched some rear end in a top hat making like 200 bucks an hour on twitch beat the game this morning so I don't have to bother paying for it or a switch.

(it does look fun and if i get a chance in the future i will probably play it some but i aint paying for it)

why would you watch someone play a game instead of playing it

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Professor SJW posted:

skyrim was elder scrolls for babies

agreed

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

I'm done with crafting, I don't care about the breakable weapons but crafting is such a waste of time when I see it in a game I completely write it off.

see, im just the opposite. I loving hate weapon degradation

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
weapon degredation and eating/drinking are the worst in video games because it always becomes a chore instead of something that makes a game fun

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Professor SJW posted:

why would you watch someone play a game instead of playing it

i wanted to see the end scene in ~ 2 hours and not pay for the system, controller, game, etc?

I game on PC i'm not buying a console for 1 game.

same reason i watched a bit of blood borne on twitch. I'm not buying a PS4 for 1 game but I wanted to see what it was about.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Wendigee posted:

i wanted to see the end scene in ~ 2 hours and not pay for the system, controller, game, etc?

I game on PC i'm not buying a console for 1 game.

i bet link kills ganon doesnt he. i bet your suspicions came true

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Blue Raider posted:

i bet link kills ganon doesnt he. i bet your suspicions came true

the ending was actually really lame for all the effort he put into it to get the "good" ending... it was about 15 seconds long. The gameplay did look like a ton of fun to just gently caress around climbing mountains and paragliding around though.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

LethalGeek posted:

I climbed up a wall, got around the corner above 2 guys, snuck around behind them up a bridge and then cold cocked one guy into the water and smashed in the face of the other one before he could alert the rest.

Some MSG poo poo up here.

Game is rated U: for Umami.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
link is right handed now which is bullshit because im left handed so link was basically the only hero id want to pretend to be when i was little. thanks nintendon't

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Robo Reagan posted:

link is right handed now which is bullshit because im left handed so link was basically the only hero id want to pretend to be when i was little. thanks nintendon't

i get this post but wasnt he both in lttp due to memory limitations

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
doesnt matter because the only ones i played when i was little was ocarina of time and majoras mask

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Blue Raider posted:

i get this post but wasnt he both in lttp due to memory limitations

he was left handed in the gamecube version but they MIRRORED THE ENTIRE GAME to make him right handed for the Wii version because they thought it would be weird for people to swing the wii remote with their right hands (since most people are right handed) and have link be swinging his sword with his left

so they mirrored the entire game to flip around one little thing -- which hand he holds his sword with

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
A cool thing about Twilight Princess is that everyone I talked to who played the GameCube version thought it was overall pretty good and everyone who played the Wii version rated it much lower. If they had just put it out on GC it would probably be remembered as one of the better mainline games

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

weapon degredation and eating/drinking are the worst in video games because it always becomes a chore instead of something that makes a game fun

fallout new vegas did it perfectly imo

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
does it have the wrong type of ram

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

a bone to pick posted:

fallout new vegas did it perfectly imo

any weapon degradation is the opposite of perfect