Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I know its such a minor gripe, but I'm really annoyed with having to constantly resummon my Ice Golems and Groot. Even when it's auto, that's several seconds I'm waiting for them to cooldown and come back. Why does their attack need to cooldown before I can resummon them anyhow? Blah.

I mean, I understand the logic behind those design changes. I just wish they were more talented designers and could have come up with a more elegant method of working around their problems than "make every summon last 1 minute".

Also, I liked having Flash Freeze and Frost Nova on Iceman, and now I'm forced to choose one. Was having both really that unbalanced? It's not like switching Rockets Dash for the Drill, which have some basic overlap in utility.

Imma just go back to playing Hulk all the time. Hulk doesn't disappoint me as much. Hulk is simple. Hulk smash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I resummon Yancy Street Gang every 12 seconds on cooldown killing my existing Yancy Street Gang,. It's a tough life.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

malhavok posted:

Those X-Men movies were the only good super hero movies since like Superman in the 70s, MCU was like a decade away and there was no spiderman or dark knight. Those movies basically started the super hero fad.

It had been percolating for some time thanks to Batman, the TMNT craze, and of course:

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Toshimo posted:

I resummon Yancy Street Gang every 12 seconds on cooldown killing my existing Yancy Street Gang,. It's a tough life.

Speaking of which, I have a bunch of shards I been meaning to use, and I already have all the characters I really wanted, and I was looking at Thing as another possible fun smashy type hero. Thoughts?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Speaking of which, I have a bunch of shards I been meaning to use, and I already have all the characters I really wanted, and I was looking at Thing as another possible fun smashy type hero. Thoughts?

Thing is neither fun, nor smashy type. He is, however, effective.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Did they remove the higher level catalysts? been in cosmic midtown all day and haven't gotten a single one.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Toshimo posted:

Thing is neither fun, nor smashy type. He is, however, effective.

Colossus it is then!

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Colossus it is then!

He's neither fun nor effective, but he does do a lot of smashy.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

malhavok posted:

So some things haven't changed.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
You need to get into the right mindset to play Colossus. Queue up some Red Army Choir playlists and it will feel much more natural to play him.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Also keep a handle of vodka next to your keyboard and take a swig whenever you whiff a punch. You mostly have punches.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

malhavok posted:

I was mostly kidding. I actually have him unlocked as one of those random hero token boxes unlocked him for me a year or so ago. Played him up to about his mid-20's and got bored and forgot he was there.

Maybe they can finally give Hulk an enhance Red Hulk costume and I can pretend I'm playing someone else.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Kainser posted:

You need to get into the right mindset to play Colossus. Punch yourself in the dick several times and it will feel much more natural to play him.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Get She-Hulk. Use this build. Launch bad guys into the air with your kickflip sig, drop a full combo point elbow on them to reduce the sig's cooldown by 5 seconds, slam them with a barbell to instantly get 5 combo points, drop another elbow to remove 5 more seconds, use other moves as filler to generate 5 more points right as Sig comes off cooldown. Repeat.

Or get Captain Marvel. Slot Mighty Punch, Radiant Cascade, Infused Uppercut, Cosmic Haymaker, Ground Shattering Smash, Crashdown Strike and Glimpse Of Binary. Choose Photonic Empowerment, Sparklefists, Starfall, Binary Fusion, and Ground Shattering Cascade talents (31221). Pump up Durability and Energy. GSS and Haymaker foes, use Uppercut to do another Haymaker, Crashdown to refill resource, weave in the others as filler.

Or try the Brutal Bot build Chernobyl Peace Prize posted earlier in the thread for Ultron.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kheldarn posted:

Get She-Hulk. Use this build. Launch bad guys into the air with your kickflip sig, drop a full combo point elbow on them to reduce the sig's cooldown by 5 seconds, slam them with a barbell to instantly get 5 combo points, drop another elbow to remove 5 more seconds, use other moves as filler to generate 5 more points right as Sig comes off cooldown. Repeat.

Or get Captain Marvel. Slot Mighty Punch, Radiant Cascade, Infused Uppercut, Cosmic Haymaker, Ground Shattering Smash, Crashdown Strike and Glimpse Of Binary. Choose Photonic Empowerment, Sparklefists, Starfall, Binary Fusion, and Ground Shattering Cascade talents (31221). Pump up Durability and Energy. GSS and Haymaker foes, use Uppercut to do another Haymaker, Crashdown to refill resource, weave in the others as filler.

But those are GIRLS! And girls have soft bits! Soft bits aren't good for smashing! :arghfist::sparkles:

Seriously though, I do have She-Hulk in my roster of unlocked heroes, and that looks like fun, so maybe I will give her a try.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Thing is actually extremely fun and good and has great voice acting and cool powers like running around Cosmic Midtown in an invincible hamsterball and riding a flying washing machine.

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

None of these guys are Car Summoner Luke Cage.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Yeah, they're actually good.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Anybody got some good Wolverine/X-23 builds? I've been prestiging them during the event but even with all that playtime I'm having trouble pinning down a good flow for the stabby types.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Wolverine is fun. She has two builds where she can keep her signature on basically forever, either with her blades or the acrobatics stuff.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
what is the objectively correct daredevil build at the moment

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Cease to Hope posted:

Close your eyes and hit your face with the keyboard

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cease to Hope posted:

Switch to Iron Fist and pretend he's still wearing Matt's costume from the period when Matt was on trial and furiously trying to deny he was Daredevil. The radar ping's ICD is apparently an undocumented nerf rather than a bug, and since he wasn't exactly topping the charts back when you could ping on every combo max it's not great.

McSpanky posted:

Anybody got some good Wolverine/X-23 builds? I've been prestiging them during the event but even with all that playtime I'm having trouble pinning down a good flow for the stabby types.

Wolverine I've been rolling most similarly to this, but taking Crimson Leap instead of Unstoppable Beast. Almost all the builds I've seen for him are basically this with the main alternatives taking Let's Make This Quick and/or Swath of Destruction. I don't feel like he's quite tanky enough to run around with a self-vuln, and http://marvelheroes.info/build/1360/I definitely don't think his AoE is acceptable if you can't spam Bloody Sweep, so I lean toward this talent setup, but the others are objectively stronger if you can hack it. Got him up to Cosmic 47 today like this.

X-23 I took through cosmic like so. You need the basic until 56, when you can start doing the thing BabyFur Denny was talking about, which gives her infinite spirit on top of just letting her best move spam forever (assuming you remember to push the proper cooldown at the end of boss fights before your steroid ends; you don't want to be caught with Dancing Blades on cooldown). Her bleed build is almost certainly stronger, but it's less fun than zipping all over the place slicing everything up. I mean, it's basically just Wolverine at that point, which is fine but you may as well be different.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Switch to Iron Fist and pretend he's still wearing Matt's costume from the period when Matt was on trial and furiously trying to deny he was Daredevil. The radar ping's ICD is apparently an undocumented nerf rather than a bug, and since he wasn't exactly topping the charts back when you could ping on every combo max it's not great.

aware but I'm currently going through and leveling all of the bad martial artist dudes I have and at this point it's either him or mook cage so help me out here

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

b..but Kamala Khan and Miles Morales are super popular :qq:

They are, just not with this games audience of 40 year old incel manchildren

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cease to Hope posted:

aware but I'm currently going through and leveling all of the bad martial artist dudes I have and at this point it's either him or mook cage so help me out here

Uh... pick something at random from mh.info? Nobody's done a ttk for him since BUE, much less an update since the animation canceling patch. Everything up currently appears to be a combo build, which may still be the best, though it's got nothing on its post-52 pre-BUE incarnation for no readily apparent reason. I think everybody was hoping the Radar Ping change was a bug that would be fixed before they bothered.

Lozareth, you feeling like dancing with the devil in the wrong franchise?

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
With Logan as a box office smash, is it good for mutants in games or does it just exacerbate marvel pissy-ness.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
They have a version of the same event that got Marvel pissy during F4, which means Marvel is probably no longer pissy about these things.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Erdricks posted:

With Logan as a box office smash, is it good for mutants in games or does it just exacerbate marvel pissy-ness.

Wait until Inhumans blows Logan out of the water at the boxoffice! Finally Marvel will have justified their major shift in focus and proven that Inhumans are way past cooler than X-men!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Unironically yes

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

MMAgCh posted:

:rip: that lost soul who played for an average of 18 hours every single loving day in 2016.

What the gently caress why buy any bar but green bar?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Nobody is cooler than Blackagar Boltagon, the kids love him.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Kainser posted:

Nobody is cooler than Blackagar Boltagon, the kids love him.

Of course they do. Blackagar Boltagon means Lockheed won't be far behind.

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
Hello friends. It's nice to see all your beautiful smiles. How is life?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

HoldMyOwn posted:

Hello friends. It's nice to see all your beautiful smiles. How is life?

Life was pretty good. Then, Gaz took our dashes and gave us Trump, Global Warming, and Cancer.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Doing great! Playing the Nintendo Switch

Just kidding, waiting on the Switch XL or whatever since this is feature incomplete.

Better yet, waiting on AP4 to launch one day.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

godface zillah posted:

What the gently caress why buy any bar but green bar?

Was gonna comment as well. Who the gently caress buys the piss bar?

And Jesus. 6000 hours has to be a bot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was probably ICR.

To both.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
w w w . m a r v e l p o w e r . c o m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

This whole time I thought we were just calling them bars ironically.

That's an actual loving candy bar.

It's been years, man.