Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I like to think of Judau as the Boss of Gundam. Only difference is, he figured out how to make it work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Despite almost everything being post series and thus not being able to do their fun moments from the shows, the way UC is handled is really good since they actually rewrite just enough so that everyone can mesh with the one non post series UC. Amuro and Kamille being wary of their own suits due to what they did to them feeds into the NT-D plot plus both have connections to Frontal's whole deal, Judau saving the Ples means they can play into Marida's deal, and Judau sticking around and not loving off to Jupiter mean you have a newtype pilot who isn't weighed down with baggage like the other protags and becomes a voice of reason. It turns out UC works way better when you're not trying to run the plots of three different shows at once, who knew.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Raxivace posted:

How exactly does Audrey and Banagher making peace with Full Frontal play out? I took a different route split but I'm sort of surprised to see that it happened.

It's actually a pretty neat take on things.

When you do the final battle with Neo Zeon, you're fighting outside Industrial 7 where Laplace's Box is located in this universe. Nobody's aware of the box contents yet. You fight Rakan/Zabine/Angelo and a bunch of Neo Zeon grunts. Frontal shows up in the Neo Zeong, bringing the Rewloola and Loni in the Alpha Azieru as reinforcements. When you fight the Neo Zeong and beat it, Frontal heals and Banagher goes to fight him. Everyone yells at Banagher to not do it because they're worried Frontal is going to do to him what Scirocco did to Kamille. Frontal takes Banagher on the Newtype Carpet Ride from Unicorn 07 where he shows Banagher the bombing at the beginning of the UC and the end of time and then tries to convince Banagher that there's no hope at all. Banagher does his "even so!" thing and shows off the light of the human heart. At this point Frontal kind of freaks out and Amuro takes the opportunity to chime in and yell at Frontal that he isn't Char; he's his own person and has no need to be chained by the ghosts of the past. At this point the ghosts of Lalah and Char show up. Lalah goes "yeah, I think we're done here" and Char tells Frontal that he doesn't need to be tied down by his despair anymore. Lalah and Char gently caress off and Frontal is shaken and then comes to the conclusion that he wants to believe in the hope that Banagher has shown him. He emphasizes that it's he, Full Frontal, who wants to believe in this, not the empty vessel for Char's ghost. He orders Neo Zeon to stand down and retreat. Audrey then invites Frontal to join her and Banagher to discover what's inside Laplace's Box. They go in and meet Syam Vist and see the original UC Charter. Frontal is blown away by the terror that it represents, how it could enrage spacenoids into fighting against the Federation forever. Banagher's reaction is the opposite; he expresses happiness that even back at the dawn of the Universal Century there were people who wanted to believe in peace between earth and space. Frontal kind of chuckles about how he'll need to get used to Banagher's form of optimism. Frontal, Banagher, and Audrey all agree that the box is essentially meaningless and can stay buried for the time being because they've got more important things to do. At this point, you get a message about how the Mycenae are loving poo poo up on Earth and Kouji has disappeared so the meeting gets cut short.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
BTW, was there any indication in the original show of Zeta Gundam that it was the biosensor reacting negatively that hosed up Kamille's mind and not Scirocco doing whatever? Because if that was what happened I honestly don't remember any of that.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I want to say that's a rewrite so they have a way to go about saying "actually that whole vessel of the people idea is really loving bad" in a more direct way but I haven't seen Zeta in a while

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Actually, Hathaway is good. :colbert:

(He gets Bravery early and for cheap)

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

MonsieurChoc posted:

Actually, Hathaway is good. :colbert:

(He gets Bravery early and for cheap)

I don't have the game yet, but I really like Hathaway as a character in this (been watching videos because I ended up not having patience). His scene meeting Asuka is funny and him and Banagher have some enjoyable moments too.

(Also I knew he would call out for Quess if you dump him in Zeta and use the Hyper Beam Saber).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i was planning on using tieria because i like him, until i remembered that his trailblazer mech looks like rear end

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Endorph posted:

i was planning on using tieria because i like him, until i remembered that his trailblazer mech looks like rear end

Seriously. I may not love his S2 suit but it's okay at least. And his S1 suit is basically perfect. It just feels like a slow, sad slope down.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

On the plus side V gives you a way to use Tieria without using Tieria.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Pureauthor posted:

BTW, was there any indication in the original show of Zeta Gundam that it was the biosensor reacting negatively that hosed up Kamille's mind and not Scirocco doing whatever? Because if that was what happened I honestly don't remember any of that.

Definitely a rewrite, but one I kinda like the sound of to make everything mesh together. Magic Brain Baby powers all the way on that one in the original show as far as I remember from like 4 months ago.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

Levantine posted:

That's a good list but really undersells Black Selena. At half upgrade bonus deployed with Nadesco it can easily solo most maps. Enemies beeline for it for some reason and he can just spam distortion attack over and over and have full EN next turn. He's only not my top ace because Chitose is a god in her Power upgrade.

e: not that you can't replicate that function with items but having it baked in is really good and leaves room for weapon +power/range upgrades

Get his Ace bonus as well (30% extra damage or so on enemy phase I think?) and give him the Power Part that gets rid of the consecutive targeting penalty. He's insane.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
I can't believe Embryo's mech is named the Hysterica.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
The upside to the Black Getter taking Hayato and Benkei with is that Shin Getter-2 and 3 are almost useless outside of providing extra shots of Shin Getter Change Attack.

PurplieNurplie posted:

The funny thing is that in this game, Boss is potentially a really solid support unit, if you give the Borot the ability to move and resupply, since it's actually a fairly mobile and tanky unit with Boss and the gang's spirit pools.

I just had a level for example where it got like 3 or 4 grunt kills, which is amazing considering it's supposed to be kind of a joke, at least compared to something like Getter or Mazinger.

Is it just me, or is Part +1 the way to go for FUBs? Anything else you'd choose is directly competing against Parts, and I'm up to my eyeballs in them. All the other FUBs are things Parts provide but strictly better in every instance that I can recall.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Broken Loose posted:

Is it just me, or is Part +1 the way to go for FUBs? Anything else you'd choose is directly competing against Parts, and I'm up to my eyeballs in them. All the other FUBs are things Parts provide but strictly better in every instance that I can recall.

It's not just you.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Man when I get this game I totally need to set all the :krad: instrumentals from the A-ko soundtrack as custom tracks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCW94L8Xjfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oxe24K_wkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X16QSH3mgs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrQu-GtD7co

Captain Rufus
Sep 16, 2005

CAPTAIN WORD SALAD

OFF MY MEDS AGAIN PLEASE DON'T USE BIG WORDS

UNNECESSARY LINE BREAK
My copy showed up today thanks to the miracle of free shipping. Already completed through Black Getter and Great Mazinger introduction mission. I'm liking it even with the new names for every loving thing which will take some getting used to. I've gotten all the SPs so far. And I've sort of spammed Facebook with every cool screenshot or thing happening I can reasonably get. Someone asked me if it was an RTS. I had the urge to rage about that but I didn't. I'll probably bounce between it and Divinity Original Sin just to keep my brainmeats remembering what's going on in each. It was only like 9 bucks while V was 60 but...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hahaha, Velt'S Ace skit is him geeking out about the Red Baron! :allears:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I like how Elle's Ace skit has Nine congratulating her on somehow surviving the first Neo Zeon War in an outdated Mk. II.

Kanos posted:

It's actually a pretty neat take on things.
Hey thanks for the writeup, it sounds pretty interesting.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

The ace skit is a really nice touch that I enjoy a lot. Is this the first SRW with that?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Weissritter posted:

The ace skit is a really nice touch that I enjoy a lot. Is this the first SRW with that?
Nope, both Z3 games had it.

However, just to confirm, in this one you need to manufacture one of those ace mark skill parts to see the skit, right?

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Nope, both Z3 games had it.

However, just to confirm, in this one you need to manufacture one of those ace mark skill parts to see the skit, right?

Proud Ace? No. Most of my aces do not have that and I saw their skit anyway.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Weissritter posted:

Proud Ace? No. Most of my aces do not have that and I saw their skit anyway.
So you need that just to access their ace ability? I guess I was confused.

Oh Mondo, why can't you avoid being shot down ever? Is there any equivalent to the sub-pilot of the Grungast 3 I can put him in so he's safe and I can access his seishins?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

So you need that just to access their ace ability? I guess I was confused.

No, the skill just makes it take 10 less kills to become an Ace/Great Ace.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ethiser posted:

No, the skill just makes it take 10 less kills to become an Ace/Great Ace.
Wow, I was even more confused than I thought. I thought you had to make one of those for any pilot you wanted to use ace abilities for. The description is not very clear.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Ironically overleveling Hathaway actually works against him because it means he is impacting less things with Defiance!

I think Defiance is a little overrated. Isn't only like 10% more damage taken/dealt based on skill difference? You can do a lot more with Second Attack and a few skill upgrades than you can just relying on Defiance.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Levantine posted:

I think Defiance is a little overrated. Isn't only like 10% more damage taken/dealt based on skill difference? You can do a lot more with Second Attack and a few skill upgrades than you can just relying on Defiance.

In what way is Defiance overrated when everyone thinks it's a terrible punchline.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Light Gun Man posted:

Man when I get this game I totally need to set all the :krad: instrumentals from the A-ko soundtrack as custom tracks

That reminds me, I've been collecting all my custom tunes into a folder for sharing.

Instructions on how to use it and some personal recommendations are in a text file inside. I highly recommend at least making the Getter Robo OST changes.

edit: The folder contains 26 songs, most of which are battle themes from the shows included ingame. Using battle themes instead of opening themes makes a world of difference. Also, Let's Go Gekiganger-3! for Akito.

Broken Loose fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 7, 2017

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

Defiance is a bad skill but it is basically the only thing Hathaway has going for him in terms of why you shouldn't give his rear end out of the Xi and give it to someone else.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Finally finished the Chitose route last night, got the normal ending it seems. Last scenario was great and Chitose & Nine are adorable. Didnt have high expectations going into a SRW female lead and was pleasantly surprised.

Caphi posted:

I can't believe Embryo's mech is named the Hysterica.

Its fitting, really. What a scumbag.

The scenario with all the women dunking on him was great.

Broken Loose posted:

I'd only take the FUB on guys I wouldnt use good parts on, like I wanted more range on Black Mightgaine but didnt want to use a part on him.

KoB fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 7, 2017

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
How do you get the PS4 to read custom music files off a USB stick? I need Grungust Zan! in my life.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

nine/mightgaine otp

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ImpAtom posted:

Defiance is a bad skill but it is basically the only thing Hathaway has going for him in terms of why you shouldn't give his rear end out of the Xi and give it to someone else.

He gets Bravery which is pretty good. He was my number 3 Ace for most of the game. I started out using him just because I wanted to make sure I unlocked whatever secrets related to the Xi but now I wouldn't use anyone else.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Prism posted:

How do you get the PS4 to read custom music files off a USB stick? I need Grungust Zan! in my life.

I put instructions in my zip file, but you basically just throw the mp3s into a folder called SRWMUSIC and power your way through the song selection menu.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
My current music overrides:
  • Vocal versions of Heats, Guardian, Hero of the Storm, Forbidden Resistance, and Silent Voice for the theme and finisher songs for their respective units.
  • Mobile Suit (Z3) for most other UC themes.
  • Schiaparelli Project for the Nadesico.
  • Mazinkaiser's theme (Alpha 3/vocal) for Great.
  • FIRE WARS for Breast Fire/Breast Burn.
The Nadesico one paid off huge because the first time I played it was the Nadesico C event, and it transitioned to the mellow part right when Akito and Yurika started talking.

KoB
May 1, 2009
smdh if you dont use the Gekiganger themes for Nadesico units.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

KoB posted:

smdh if you dont use the Gekiganger themes for Nadesico units.

I don't use Nadesico units outside of the ship.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Get out of here!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Endorph posted:

nine/mightgaine otp

:hai:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Rascyc posted:

Get out of here!

My roommate who doesn't read Japanese walked in just in time for the Distortion Attack S event.

e:

Endorph posted:

nine/mightgaine otp

Why didn't you say "Might Nine"

• Locked thread