Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've made it my conviction to take a picture of every dog in the game. Why else would they give me a camera!?

Also I just met the most adorable birdbard :kimchi: I'm still a bit sad that they're literally a bird since I really loved Wind Waker's "beak for nose" Rito design, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of these feathery friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I noticed the arrows have pretty severe dropoff. Does it have aim assist for long range to make the arrows land on enemies if you aim slightly too high/low?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Autonomous Monster posted:

I'd rather he'd go for Zelda than Mipha, like, Jesus Christ, that woman is breaking new ground in being absolutely terrible.

Actually, if you want to pair Link with a fish, pair him with Sidon. The superior fish sibling.

judging from the memories if zelda was with anybody she was with urbosa and thus had better taste in women :v:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Not a fan of buying hardware for a single game, but a high capacity gamepad battery is kind of essential right now... and a lot cheaper than a Switch.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah yeah I just did the same thing, I was getting maybe 2 1/2 hours out of my WiiU controller.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
12 left in stock on Amazon when I ordered yesterday. 3 left now :D

I have the additional problem that my kid is playing his own save game as well so have to wait for the gamepad to fully recharge once he's done.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm assuming if you dropped something in your house it wouldn't stay there like in Skyrim?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

12 left in stock on Amazon when I ordered yesterday. 3 left now :D

I have the additional problem that my kid is playing his own save game as well so have to wait for the gamepad to fully recharge once he's done.

How does multiple game saves work?

You just change user?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Yeah. Each user's saves are totally separate so you can just switch and hop straight in (on Wii U anyway)

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Oxxidation posted:

The game nudges you towards the Zora first, I think, since the first memory hint directs you to the base of Lanayru and the Zora encounter you on the way. After that I think it's anything goes.
It depends on which way you go. :v: I went from the Shrine by Kakariko over a bunch of mountains, got to some weird ruins where I found another shrine, continued on but apparently went too far. I found this huge sleeping thing (which I think I saw people mention) as I was doubling back along the road, then encountered one of those centaur dudes who promptly decided to ruin my loving day. He killed me in about 2 hits. Luckily I had a fairy. I resurrected, dodged a few attacks and attacked him with a sickle I got off one of the Travellers. The sickle broke in about 2 hits. I was down to a quarter of a heart at that point, so I decided to just run. I found the memory at the gate at that point. I haven't found any Zora though.

Game. loving. Owns.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I found the Gerudo town first and then the Rito one because I was following a trail of spotted shrines and towers. Some Goron told me to go to Death Mountain but I can't remember where he was (though, uh, I have a pretty good idea where Death Mountain is). The Zoras were actually the last people I encountered but the Rito Village is the only one I've actually been inside, and that was only to run across it and glide to a nearby shrine. I was kind of disappointed that the flying city is just one of the Divine Beasts because I was hoping for the City in the Sky again, but I guess it might be like that

Game is so good.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

irlZaphod posted:

It depends on which way you go. :v: I went from the Shrine by Kakariko over a bunch of mountains, got to some weird ruins where I found another shrine, continued on but apparently went too far. I found this huge sleeping thing (which I think I saw people mention) as I was doubling back along the road, then encountered one of those centaur dudes who promptly decided to ruin my loving day. He killed me in about 2 hits. Luckily I had a fairy. I resurrected, dodged a few attacks and attacked him with a sickle I got off one of the Travellers. The sickle broke in about 2 hits. I was down to a quarter of a heart at that point, so I decided to just run. I found the memory at the gate at that point. I haven't found any Zora though.

Game. loving. Owns.

Gross. I don't waste fairies on trivial deaths like that. I'd rather reload a save and save it for boss battles and stuff.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Infinity Gaia posted:

That's so kafkaesque.

:neckbeard:

Your Computer posted:

Also I just met the most adorable birdbard :kimchi: I'm still a bit sad that they're literally a bird since I really loved Wind Waker's "beak for nose" Rito design, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of these feathery friends.

Cass is indeed an adorabird :3: You'll run into him all over the place!

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
10 hours in, can't shake the feeling that the experience would have been even better if the game was running on adequate hardware.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kass is the best NPC and my in-game BFF

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Honestly I started out disliking Zelda but she really grew on me after I saw all the memories and read her diary in the castle.

Its weird because her voice acting is terrible for things like the Blood moon but swings wildly between bad and good in the memories. I really like the frog one :3:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hngh, the puzzles in this game are so good.

except the ones that rely exclusively on the Wii U Gamepad's gyro, those are garbage-trash

Zore posted:

Honestly I started out disliking Zelda but she really grew on me after I saw all the memories and read her diary in the castle.

Its weird because her voice acting is terrible for things like the Blood moon but swings wildly between bad and good in the memories. I really like the frog one :3:

:same:

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Gravy Jones posted:

Not a fan of buying hardware for a single game, but a high capacity gamepad battery is kind of essential right now... and a lot cheaper than a Switch.

Plus, you don't have to pay early adopters tax for a paperweight.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Zore posted:

that completely missable castle diary is v good for characterizing both link and zelda like jeez

doesn't explain link's terrible taste in fishwives tho

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

UberJew posted:

he loves to eat, and when you're surrounded by fish people you can just reach out anytime and grab a handful of delicious sushi. also good for keeping the wife's weight down.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

UberJew posted:

that completely missable castle diary is v good for characterizing both link and zelda like jeez

The only Link who had good taste was Skyward Sword Link tbh.

His relationship with Zelda in that game was great and easily the best part.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:
Why does Kass keep giving bedroom eyes.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

UberJew posted:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Gibbering posted:

Why does Kass keep giving bedroom eyes.

I wonder if he prefers a regular bed or a soft bed for 20 rupees more

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

there are nice and good fish, like sidon

he just picked the worst fish

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

find a giant fish (like a boss)
gently caress its brains out (like a boss)

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Loopoo posted:

loving Guardians, man. I was riding past Hyrule to get to a new zone, and there's so many of the fuckers that can outrun my fast horse. Since my horse has Wild temperament (despite having max bond), the stupid idiot kept veering into trees, rocks, refusing to gallop. I died so many times just trying to get past them but managed it in the end.

Then I arrive at the new zone sheikah tower, should be easy sailing, right? No. Not right. Just my luck that the tower is in the middle of a big pond, guarded by tonnes of lizalfos and electric wizzrobes. Literally can't do poo poo against the lizalfos because they don't engage me close, they just sit in the water and spit at me. So I gotta spend 5 mins slowly blowing them up with bombs. Wizzrobes are nigh untouchable. I can't get their attention on land, so the second I swim over, they just zap me and even if I dodge, it hits the water and I get mega electrocuted. poo poo sucks, yo.

Ragequit cause all I wanna do is unlock the tower, but I can't even start climbing it without them messing my poo poo up. They're too far from land for me to take out with bow and arrow, as well.

this is what gave me most trouble so far in the game and I beat my head against it for a while. eventually I just found a nearby ledge and managed to glide to the (very) bottom ledge... climbed up to the second? third? level...

saved, and then got chumped by a Wizzrobe that followed me up. But when I hit continue, the Wizzrobe was back at the bottom of the tower, and I could continue in peace. :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Climbing up to the tower that has the flying mechs with searchlights was way worse, and then you get to it and everywhere is covered in death slime and I just about got past that, up to the tower, activated it, sailed down to an interesting looking spot and got insta-gibbed by some flame thrower lizard fuckers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Guardians can be one-shotted with Ancient Arrows. If you can hit them in the eye with it, they're done.

Anything else just makes it mad for the 500hp you took off it and OHFUCKFUCKNONONONONONO*BBZAAAAP*

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Guardians can be one-shotted with Ancient Arrows. If you can hit them in the eye with it, they're done.

Anything else just makes it mad for the 500hp you took off it and OHFUCKFUCKNONONONONONO*BBZAAAAP*

Not quite anything else. If you can ambush one or otherwise get in close before you get lasered a certain sword will IMMENSELY gently caress them up

straight up slice off the legs and leave them bleeding blue goop

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Zore posted:

The only Link who had good taste was Skyward Sword Link tbh.

His relationship with Zelda in that game was great and easily the best part.

You misspelled shop girl.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Haven't found any of those yet, nothing I have does any damage to them at all.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also if you can sneak up on a Guardian without it seeing you and start whaling on it it freaks out and starts shooting lasers at random at places you aren't until it dies. Easiest in areas with rock features obviously.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sakurazuka posted:

Haven't found any of those yet, nothing I have does any damage to them at all.

you will find a friendly scientist that'll help you with getting ancient arrows

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I really like Zelda's voice acting. I think she in particular is a standout.

With Mipha, I think I understand what the actress was going for. I think she was trying to give an alien quality to her performance and speak as though Hylian was a second, less familiar language. But the director did not bother to inform her that literally no other Zora speaks like that for some reason? So it just doesn't work.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
the god drat memory photos in the compendium change to match certain weather conditions if you're near the memory location, jesus loving christ Nintendo.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Also I've found 4 alternate bridles/saddles for the curious.

1 for winning the horse obstacle course in the stable on the plains.
1 for the mounted archery contest.
1 for doing the 'catch the royal white horse' sidequest.
1 for sale from the monster merchant.

Anyone found any others?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

UberJew posted:

Not quite anything else. If you can ambush one or otherwise get in close before you get lasered a certain sword will IMMENSELY gently caress them up

straight up slice off the legs and leave them bleeding blue goop

Master Sword or the ancient sword Robbie can make? I haven't tried fighting a Guardian yet, but it's lame the Master Sword doesn't work against the modest test of strength Guardian Scouts.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I'm trying to figure out which divine beast to go for next. Without spoiling exactly what they do, how would you all rank the non-Zora dungeon powers in terms of usefulness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I learned you can make frozen meals by dropping stuff in a frozen environment, I am not home but won't be able to try it for a while, I was wondering, could someone drop food on top of a cryonis and see if you can freeze it that way too?