Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ramagamma posted:

Man, Yakuza is great, I wasn't sold for the first couple of hours due to how story heavy a game it is but its tone is what keeps me coming back.

The only thing I'm kinda lost on is wether the humour is a part of the translation or the original intention, either way its hilarious :D

the humor is definitely in the original games. if anything the translation loses some of the gags since it's a little stiff in places (though part of that is just the cast being 90% grumpy old yakuza)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

guys should I get a pro switch

Do you want to play Breath of the Wild and maybe Super Bomberman R?

If so, yes. Otherwise wait six months for Splatoon 2 and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

guys should I get a pro switch

I'm already having some buyer's remorse on day one. Left joycon issues, and Zelda seems overrated.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nier's really good and I'm glad that platinum made it so a yoko taro game could have cool, fun combat for the first time in his life

the one problem I have with it is the save system is kinda annoying. it's like bonfires from dark souls, complete with corpse runs. only died once so far, but all the enemies between the save point and my corpse were still dead so idk what the point is. I do like looting other players for a free health refill and some pocket change tho

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I got stoned at the weekend and ordered titanfall 2, guilty gear 3rd revelator, doom, resident evil revelations 2 and blazblu chronos.

Good life choices?

Pruney
Jul 9, 2012

Sexual attraction in this context is not a part of my programming
Should have Bloodborne GotY coming today!

The main reason I got a PS4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lakbay posted:

It's not going to be that bad....right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sure looks like a Mass Effect game

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I didn't finish Inquisition because of the sheer volume of talky talk I didn't care about so I probably shouldn't buy any more Bioware games.

Unless they made a stand alone ME3 multiplayer game in which cause I would be all over that poo poo.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Shamone

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I enjoyed Inquisition (a lot) and am looking forward to playing the new Mass Effect and a couple of screenshots of janky animation pre-release doesn't change that. Will wait a while after release though, big EA releases tend to get discounted pretty quickly in the UK.

I'm not a particularly big Mass Effect fan, but I like new frontier/exploration type SF stories and that seems to be what they're going for here.

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 7, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd probably be more sceptical of Mass Effect if space based SF RPG's were more common but they're not so. :(

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Agreed, new mass effect will be an enjoyable experience

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Multiplayer should provide a few hours of fun on its own unless they completely changed the system from me3.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ineffiable posted:

Multiplayer should provide a few hours of fun on its own unless they completely changed the system from me3.

I would almost buy it based on just the multiplayer if its similarly structured. ME3 multi was dope as hell.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
PS+ games are up in EU.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Ramagamma posted:

I would almost buy it based on just the multiplayer if its similarly structured. ME3 multi was dope as hell.

It sounds like it could be similar, I already heard about thing s like booster packs and what not (the deluxe edition comes with a booster pack). And it is supposed to be a coop experience.

The question would be if it is fun and rewarding enough to keep you playing.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ineffiable posted:

. And it is supposed to be a coop experience.

The question would be if it is fun and rewarding enough to keep you playing.

I will legit buy any piece of poo poo game on PS4 that has co-op play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ramagamma posted:

I got stoned at the weekend and ordered titanfall 2, guilty gear 3rd revelator, doom, resident evil revelations 2 and blazblu chronos.

Good life choices?

You got xrd so yeah

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

I know it sounds ridiculous, but these janky animations are a big reason as to why I am excited for ME:A.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Why do I have to prove that I'm 18 years old every single time I try to buy something in the german PSN store?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I assume it's a German law thing, that was the reason that for a while no one in Europe could by 18 rated games except past 11pm on the WiiU for a while, until they changed it for non-crazy (in that way) countries.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is there a way for you use the Remote Play on PC over LAN instead of the internet? I've got a CEH-1200? or whatever it's called version PS4 and was hoping to stream 720p to my computer. Seems it caps out at 540p? Streaming over my internet is laggy, though the connection I have is fine.

Anyone?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I know it sounds ridiculous, but these janky animations are a big reason as to why I am excited for ME:A.

I would be ok with ME:A being a comedy complete with Ryder looking directly into the camera everytime something plot related happens.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I would be ok with ME:A being a comedy complete with Ryder looking directly into the camera everytime something plot related happens.

Now that I think of it an ME title that just goes all out satire of the entire genre would be worth it's weight in gold.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Bioware are nowhere near self-aware enough to realise their writing is really bad and that this would be a good idea.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

A Yakuza game in the ME universe.

Basically take the guys who wrote Yakuza 5 and let them make a game in any setting and it would be 100% better.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
ME2 had some of my most memorable moments in all of games in it. Every other Bioware game? Not so much.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I hope one of the voice actors for the protagonist is as unenthusiastic as Mark Meer. I played male shepard in 1 and 2 and I don't think he sounded more than mildly concerned for the fate of the galaxy even in the most dramatic/melodramatic moments. Should go well with the bad animations you folks posted if there is

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm yet to enjoy a single Bioware game despite playing pretty much every one to some degree, and yet here I am, once again finding myself curious about the new Mass Effect.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Everytime I see that gif where she tilts to the left I think of my favourite post in the ME:A thread where someone wrote "Voiceover: Yep,That's me. You might be wondering how I got here." and I think of the game as a 90s tv family movie and I just want to play it more.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
With the glut of new releases coming out it's a relief to not have given a drat about Bioware since ME3. That ending cut them from my heart.

I mean I did play through the first Dragon Age afterward and it was decent but not enough to get me interested in the sequels.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I was insanely addicted to the DA:O GOTY edition. The amount of stuff innit was mind blowing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

DA:O is one of those games I've started about five times and always burn out somewhere before finishing it.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sakurazuka posted:

DA:O is one of those games I've started about five times and always burn out somewhere before finishing it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wouldn't say Bioware is bad as much as they don't really design strongly in the departments that make a game good to me. Nonetheless I always find myself curious about whatever their new thing is.

Mass effect 2 was enjoyable for about 8 hours and DA:I I played for like 10 and didn't enjoy it at all. Everything else I burned out on in like 2 hours except KOTOR which I finished but didn't like nearly as much as everyone else seems to.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 7, 2017

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

VideoGames posted:

I actually feel the same way. The silly animation of NewFemShep freaking out makes me chuckle. Games having buggy animations and physics is an important thing led to all the Skate 3 videos. However, ME:A is still on the "wait and see" list just because of the main scenario writer leaving mid-project. I did the same approach with Horizon and it worked out well enough for me cuz man that game was awesome.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

bioware writers aside they're on my "wait and see list" because they thought making a game full of bear rear end mmo quests and requiring you to do them to unlock story quests was a good idea, which is taking a thing i hate about games (padding) and making it a core gameplay function which is wildly terrible to me

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I did Dragon age origins, kotor 1 + 2 and mass effect 2 with every class and pretty sure i got all the endings as well
Maybe that bought them too much good will as Dragon age inquisition never even got out of the starting zone

Oh well worse case I'll hate it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I did Dragon age origins, kotor 1 + 2 and mass effect 2 with every class and pretty sure i got all the endings as well
Maybe that bought them too much good will as Dragon age inquisition never even got out of the starting zone

Oh well worse case I'll hate it

worst case you'll go buy a physical copy and get shot to death by someone trying to steal it from you and they'll put in the paper that you died buying mass effect