Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Genetics are important, but if ya dont maintain you dont get to be swolle

Like that Hercules kid

Used to look like;

Grew up into:

That's sad 😭

Peaked at 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Wikipedia posted:

During his childhood, Sandrak used to work out with his father and he would do up to 600 push-ups and sit-ups a day including 300 squats. Dedicating all of his time towards training, he never had time to play with friends and experience a typical childhood. Being on a strict diet enforced by his father, Sandrak was never able to eat junk food or any sweets. Sandrak recalls days when his father would eat pizza in front of him, while he was left to eat a head of lettuce.

...the documentary The World's Strongest Boy, which detailed his ability to do splits, his ability to bench-press three times his own body weight, and that his body had less than 1 percent body fat, which can be lethally low. Though medical experts argued that such muscular development requires testosterone that is not found in children younger than 10, and speculated that steroids were involved, Lena Sandrak denied that her son used such substances
Yeah that seems pretty genetic. I mean, his dad had rear end in a top hat genes that made him train his kid and give him steroids, that is genetic right?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well "doctors" speculated as much

doctors would probably speculate that the baby on the previous page also was juicing lol

because doctors suck at swoleness

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Legs? Not even once :rolleyes:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How many fit doctors do you see?? Check. Mate.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

Zzulu posted:

How many fit doctors do you see?? Check. Mate.

Seen a few, actually. There are some swole anesthesiologists at our biggest local hospital, for example.

Anyway the before/after of that kid just goes to illustrate that maybe it doesn't matter all that much what you do before the hormone apocalypse of puberty comes in and rebuilds your body.

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
my range of motion when doing barbell rows is severely limited by the size of my gut

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Gym Mystery
It's 60 degrees out at midnight near the end of february. 8 people are at the gym at midnight. For two weeks straight.
It's 12 degrees out at midnight during the first week of march. No one loving goes to the gym.

What the heck is going on? My gym is indoors and well heated. If the opposite happened you could reason they were doing poo poo outside. But at 12 degrees no one is doing poo poo outside. Especially with no snow.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
It sucks poo poo leaving the gym all sweaty in the freezing cold.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cage posted:

You feel all warm though. And 12 isn't that bad for the 20 seconds it takes to get into your vehicle. I literally leave in shorts and a tshirt most days.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
today I'm gonna go to the gym with a coworker

We're going to do something called "body-pump"

She says it's fun, but it sounds like cardio to me

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

today I'm gonna go to the gym with a coworker

We're going to do something called "body-pump"

She says it's fun, but it sounds like cardio to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pe4buZXOOjc

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Cage posted:

It also sucks leaving the house to go to the gym when it's cold out and you could just stay home in the warm instead.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

the hell is the point o fthis

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

the hell is the point o fthis

#FITNESS

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

canned from the band posted:

my range of motion when doing barbell rows is severely limited by the size of my gut

Then I have some great news about exciting career opportunities in 'power lifting'

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.

Even the girls on stage are bigger than the main guy

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I went to my old gym today, not to work out but to fix the audio system in there. The amount of terrible form going on in there made me cry, it was like the quarter squat gang timeline right in front of my eyes. I love my garage gym, it's heaven compared to places like that with their big room house blaring out of the speakers, I almost felt like breaking the audio system again once I found out what they were assaulting people's ears with.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

My bAck is almost completely healed after 3 months but I'm afraid to step foot under a bar lest it snap again

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Tolkien minority posted:

My bAck is almost completely healed after 3 months but I'm afraid to step foot under a bar lest it snap again

What up scared of the weights bro :smith::respek::smith: I'm still nervous about going heavy on squats in case I pass out.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sassassin posted:

It also sucks leaving the house to go to the gym when it's cold out and you could just stay home in the warm instead.
The trick is to be an idiot, not realize how cold it is, hop in your car, and then sit there moments later mid-drive like "gently caress it's cold" while trying to make sure your hands and feet don't freeze because working out sucks if your toes are numb.

Just absent mindedly getting the ball rolling is a great way to actually get things done.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
well I did the bodypump thing and I was right, it was mostly cardio

Killed the hell out of my legs though, doing a million squats at a fast pace

all in all i'd say it's a more fun way of doing cardio than just runnin the treadmill at least

plus 90% of the class was hot girls soo

naem
May 29, 2011

Zzulu posted:

all in all i'd say it's a more fun way of doing cardio than just runnin the treadmill at least

Oh god did they have those yoga pants on

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yes

there were a lot of yoga pants and tights

Gotta keep limber and agile when you do four hundred thousand squats :discourse:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

zzulluu i know nothing abotu you besides tht you have a fat wife, are in an openr elatonship and you lift read good. please refrain from talking about the former two topics

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ten four buddy

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Zzulu posted:

Meeeeh... why even -

Zzulu posted:

Hmmmm, maybe I should see if my gym has it...

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Being lean enough to crank out sets of pull ups regardless of the day and prior lifts is great. My whole gym is fat dudes who don't lift and milfs.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

I know a woman who bought almost $1000 worth of les mills gear just to score 2 tickets to go to one of these weird shows

What a loving idiot that woman is

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4htF9ix9Jpw

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Cage posted:

y'all dont' have showers what ghetto gym you go bro

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There are sexy naked men in the showers though... things could go awry if I go in there

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
woo, did bench press and got 2 extra reps on the last set of what was supposed to been 3x3 at a weight that I considered pretty high intensity. A good sign.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

caps on caps on caps posted:

y'all dont' have showers what ghetto gym you go bro

My gym has crummy power showers while my shower at home doubles as an incinerator (when my boiler works properly).

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Zzulu posted:

There are sexy naked men in the showers though... things could go awry if I go in there

If you ain't gay, you got nothing to see. If you are gay, you get to see some rear end and dicks.
and personally, I just trained my big manly muscles, so if you gotta peek them goods I don't care go hogwild imo

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yes

all gay men are free to oogle

girls too

it's okay girls you can look :grin:

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

What's a good squatting goal for a short, small man (5'8", 136lb)? I'm currently squatting 185 but I'm always wary of my knees (broken meniscus in both).

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Ray just squatted 1052 so 1053+ I'd say.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Batterypowered7 posted:

What's a good squatting goal for a short, small man (5'8", 136lb)? I'm currently squatting 185 but I'm always wary of my knees (broken meniscus in both).

Do you plan to stay at that weight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

Bodyweight x 1.5 is a solid squat (204#?) and BWx2 (272#) is always impressive.