Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

exquisite tea posted:

An enormous amount of free content was added to MP through the DLC, including like 50 new classes and a new enemy faction.

Not to mention some of the best and quirkiest guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

steakmancer posted:

The only free part of the me3 dlc were the maps

And new multiplayer characters, guns, an enemy type, and one new difficulty mode.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

tribbledirigible posted:

Not to mention some of the best and quirkiest guns.

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see a gun as gloriously overpowered as the Reegar ever again.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

exquisite tea posted:

Unfortunately I don't think we'll see a gun as gloriously overpowered as the Reegar ever again.

The Reegar's been confirmed for Andromeda.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
No way in gently caress it's going to survive like it used to be.

What was that one amazing sticky grenade gun that they nerfed to gently caress? Scorpion?

I imagine they're going to gently caress it like they did the Scorpion

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

exquisite tea posted:

Hopefully we can fire the Reegar and the Flamer at the same time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Cythereal posted:

The Reegar's been confirmed for Andromeda.

What made the Reegar incredibly overpowered was its unique interaction with incendiary ammo and stacking debuffs like Warp, which will almost certainly be fixed in the new game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I just want them to bring back that fuckoff huge shotgun, the Wraith or the Eviscerator or whatever that only held like 2 shots. I used to load that thing onto the Salarian Infiltrator and go hog wild on Geth missions, turning invisible, blowing up a head or two, throwing down and energy drain and then cloaking again. Too much fun.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

No joke, I didn't expect that the mainstay (and possible very good reason of purchase) of a Bioware game would be the multiplayer of all things

Yet I got far more mileage from that in ME3, so yay for that in Andromeda too

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Can we have the Krysae back, in all of it's air-bursting body-hamburgering glory?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/07/everything-we-know-about-banging-in-mass-effect-andromeda-after-going-hands-on-and-quizzing-bioware/

Excellent article.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Transmetropolitan posted:

No joke, I didn't expect that the mainstay (and possible very good reason of purchase) of a Bioware game would be the multiplayer of all things

I remember a goon questioning me why I would be buying a game for the tacked on multiplayer of the epic conclusion of a video game trilogy in the mass effect 3 pre-release thread

If only he could have seen the future....

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Transmetropolitan posted:

Yet I got far more mileage from that in ME3, so yay for that in Andromeda too

Everything converges on CoD.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Game "journalism" is a farce.

Serf
May 5, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Game "journalism" is a farce.

I mean it is a joke article, so you're not wrong.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Serf posted:

I mean it is a joke article, so you're not wrong.

articles are never jokes, my friend, as my multiple Sidd Finch rookie cards can attest

http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/10/15/curious-case-sidd-finch

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I'm already committed to Vetra and Jaal as my companions for all missions ever so I hope they'll get along okay. :ohdear:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Angara are basically space puppy aliens, right?

if there is no "GTFO and bring me the krogan" reaction I will be disappointed :(

Serf
May 5, 2011

No Drack romance = I cancel my preorder.

Your move, Bioware.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

Apparently the white lines on the MEA start screen here are the kanji for halberd/spear/the pointy bit of a spear but I'm not having it for a second that Bioware are that clever.

No they aren't, at least not in any way that's legible. This is probably the character you're thinking of: 戈 You have to really, really stretch.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Serf posted:

No Drack romance = I cancel my preorder.

Your move, Bioware.

This would be cool except for the fact that like Drack is centuries old and Ryder is like 22 and there's no way that wouldn't feel really, really weird.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Android Blues posted:

This would be cool except for the fact that like Drack is centuries old and Ryder is like 22 and there's no way that wouldn't feel really, really weird.

I mean Liara was like a hundred years old and Shepard was like what, early thirties? People don't care when they're space elves.

Really I just want there to be flirt options for Drack because that would be funny.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can't differentiate bioware forums and this thread.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I guess. I mean, Liara is young by the standards of her species whereas Drack is a grizzled old guy even by krogan standards. But maybe they'll challenge convention with a May-December romance!

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
There should be an incel option you can choose before starting the game so that goons who want more reality can make an ugly face and feel like its their life, but in space, with friends, and people fear your capacity for violence. Check that flag and your friends are creeped out and awkward when you hit on them.

Arglebargle III posted:

No they aren't, at least not in any way that's legible. This is probably the character you're thinking of: 戈 You have to really, really stretch.

It looked different on Mac Walter's rent boy's foreskin.

Number Ten Cocks fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 7, 2017

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

Can't differentiate bioware forums and this thread.

People here still cling to the pretense of irony.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Skippy McPants posted:

People here still cling to the pretense of irony.

Irony is for the weak

Serf
May 5, 2011

Given that absolutely nothing makes sense about the krogan or the asari re: their lifespans, it's actually probably best not to think about it.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

jokes are against my religion

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I understand people play games for a myriad of reasons but it will never not be kinda sad/weird to me that people care so much about relationships and sexual representation in these games. I run Adept in every game and usually only do sex stuff on my first playthrough because it ranges from weird (Tali) to straight up skeezy/uncomfortable. I'm still reeling from the Jack storyline like 4-5 years later, how that made it into the final game is beyond me...

So i guess what I'm saying is if i ever meet a space wizard and he is all about being super into Garrus and banging all the dudes on the ship, I'll give that dude a free pass because for him space wizard poo poo is old hat and it gets lonely out there in his floating asteroid tower.

I also believe that we're kind of approaching an event horizon where any game in the future that dares to have relationships will and must always allow every permutation. I don't think there is anything wrong with same-sex relationships whatsoever, in game or IRL, but agreeing with what other characters have said, making every character neutral/bisexual just kind of robs them of a sense of realism. Like imagine if they released a female character that was only into women, the internet would explode!

What I'd really like to see the most though is if they made it so the characters had physical/personal characteristics that flagged them, like for example what if Miranda only wants to bone you if you are a black dude or if you have red hair... or like Garrus would only wanna bang you if you were a Paragon or Jack would only want to bang you if you were an Adept... These kinds of flags would signal real attraction and interest based on personality traits and i think motivate players who want the sex scenes to play the game in different ways, instead of what we have now which is this creep harem anime where everyone is just patiently waiting to get hosed by their commanding officer.

Again, these mechanics have little bearing on my enjoyment of the game, but if they were written more realistically I'd be way, way more willing to engage in them.They just universally come across as what I think of when i think of shut-in losers bitching about the friendzone and incels and poo poo, like, has anyone at bioware ever gotten laid?... oh man i just made myself sad lol

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Android Blues posted:

there was this really popular buffy the vampire slayer storyline, and then there was this really popular buffy the vampire slayer fanfiction that was called "twilight"

this creepy poo poo is already in the house

Drone Jett
Feb 21, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
College Slice

Bust Rodd posted:

Like imagine if they released a female character that was only into women, the internet would explode!

Yeah, I'd get mad if she was too feminine looking.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Bust Rodd posted:

I understand people play games for a myriad of reasons but it will never not be kinda sad/weird to me that people care so much about relationships and sexual representation in these games. I run Adept in every game and usually only do sex stuff on my first playthrough because it ranges from weird (Tali) to straight up skeezy/uncomfortable. I'm still reeling from the Jack storyline like 4-5 years later, how that made it into the final game is beyond me...

So i guess what I'm saying is if i ever meet a space wizard and he is all about being super into Garrus and banging all the dudes on the ship, I'll give that dude a free pass because for him space wizard poo poo is old hat and it gets lonely out there in his floating asteroid tower.

I also believe that we're kind of approaching an event horizon where any game in the future that dares to have relationships will and must always allow every permutation. I don't think there is anything wrong with same-sex relationships whatsoever, in game or IRL, but agreeing with what other characters have said, making every character neutral/bisexual just kind of robs them of a sense of realism. Like imagine if they released a female character that was only into women, the internet would explode!

What I'd really like to see the most though is if they made it so the characters had physical/personal characteristics that flagged them, like for example what if Miranda only wants to bone you if you are a black dude or if you have red hair... or like Garrus would only wanna bang you if you were a Paragon or Jack would only want to bang you if you were an Adept... These kinds of flags would signal real attraction and interest based on personality traits and i think motivate players who want the sex scenes to play the game in different ways, instead of what we have now which is this creep harem anime where everyone is just patiently waiting to get hosed by their commanding officer.

Again, these mechanics have little bearing on my enjoyment of the game, but if they were written more realistically I'd be way, way more willing to engage in them.They just universally come across as what I think of when i think of shut-in losers bitching about the friendzone and incels and poo poo, like, has anyone at bioware ever gotten laid?... oh man i just made myself sad lol

"I find it sad/weird that people care so much about sex and relationships in this game, let me give you a few paragraphs of my thoughts on this and suggest my customized, detailed methodology that only lets relationships in this video game happen if you really work hard for it and it has deep contextual meaning."

:agreed:

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Drone Jett posted:

well hello there

Serf
May 5, 2011

What I want to know is where the quote came from. Reddit? Bioware forums? The possibilities are endless.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Number Ten Cocks posted:

"I find it sad/weird that people care so much about sex and relationships in this game, let me give you a few paragraphs of my thoughts on this and suggest my customized, detailed methodology that only lets relationships in this video game happen if you really work hard for it and it has deep contextual meaning."

:agreed:

Uh yeah, the system in place sucks and panders to creeps and reinforces terrible ideas about sex and intimacy to broke brains people who probably don't get laid, and it took me like maybe 5 minutes to type all that out, i'm clearing drowning in an irony tar-pit here, chief.

I wouldn't think it was sad or weird if the relationships felt organic or realistic at all, but they don't so people clamoring about which aliens they can gently caress does seem lame to me, hth

How is using the character creator or selecting your class or answering dialogue choices hard work? Isn't that just playing the game as normal?

*rolls eyes an infinite number of times*

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 7, 2017

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

The social implications of Krogan foreplay and Asair matriarchs you'd like to gently caress... you people have way too much loving time on your hands.

Is there a weapons list out yet? I wanna see if that Salarian shotgun/grenade launcher is making a comeback.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Bust Rodd posted:

Black Shepard: yooo where the white womens at??
Miranda: :shlick:

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Uh yeah, the system in place sucks and panders to creeps and reinforces terrible ideas about sex and intimacy to broke brains people who probably don't get laid, and it took my like maybe 5 minutes to type all that out, i'm clearing drowning in an irony tar-pit here, chief.

I wouldn't think it was sad or weird if the relationships felt organic or realistic at all, but they don't so people clamoring about which aliens they can gently caress does seem lame to me, hth

*rolls eyes an infinite number of times*

oh wait

oh no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Drone Jett posted:

how fat are her arms