Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

Drunk drivers are scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

54 40 or gently caress posted:

We totally :sever:ed with one of our friends after he drove home drunk from our house. He waited until we were asleep to leave, and my husband tore a strip right off him when he found out

i know this is not what you meant, but this is what i pictured

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Zzulu posted:

Drunk drivers are scum

It's so loving easy to NOT drive drunk and NOT risk the lives of random people

So many people die in car accidents constantly

The enforcement of DUI really needs a reform, though. It's become a racket in a lot of places.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

She learned WAY more life skills doing this than college would ever have taught her. She'll be fine.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Lockback posted:

She learned WAY more life skills doing this than college would ever have taught her. She'll be fine.

Yea, the fact that she's managed to get a great paying job with no degree is impressive enough in it's own right.

ETA: Here's another one for the "title is better than the story" pile:

I (24/M) drunk dialed my coworker (25/F) telling her I like her via kpop lyrics.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Mar 7, 2017

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

new phone who dis posted:

The enforcement of DUI really needs a reform, though. It's become a racket in a lot of places.

How so?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Mirthless posted:

you know who else gets stitches? people who get mangled in horrible accidents by drunk drivers. she could have been saving somebody's life.

she failed when she didn't hide his keys

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

Elsa posted:

she failed when she didn't hide his keys

"It's not my fault that I drunk drove, my keys were insufficiently hidden."

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

At least here in CA, they can give you a DUI no matter how far under the (already pretty low) limit you are. It's called a "wet and reckless" and is basically a way to gouge drivers they pull over for a lot more cash. Did you drive 5 over the limit after having a beer? DUI. Did you leave your turn signal on accidentally after having a glass of wine? DUI. Also, checkpoints for DUI are a hilarious violation of your rights. The cops shouldn't be able to just set up in the middle of the street and stop and loving grill people randomly in the interest of "public safety". Also, MADD has slowly evolved into a neo-prohibitionist organization that supports zero tolerance policies and helps prop up bullshit police tactics,

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Short and sweet

Me [18 M] I'm about to make a risk for the story of a life time. I need input asap!!! Personal issues

quote:

0 points 47 comments submitted 1 year ago by tyl000r to r/relationships

I'm about to take a trip across country to go see someone, im not telling my family because i would never get away with it or be allowed and im using friends that said i could as a cover!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE MY STORY. Im thinking the only risk is i get grounded. im 18 they cant do much and they wont kick me out. im pretty sure i could go without getting caught too. WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?!

tl;dr: FLYING ACROSS COUNTRY AS A SECRET FOR THE STORY OF A LIFE TIME, I NEED INPUT!!!!

gently caress YEEEEAAAA

quote:

Update I talked to my dad about it, he's shooting it down. so thats not working

AAAAaaawn :(

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

At least here in CA, they can give you a DUI no matter how far under the (already pretty low) limit you are. It's called a "wet and reckless" and is basically a way to gouge drivers they pull over for a lot more cash. Did you drive 5 over the limit after having a beer? DUI. Did you leave your turn signal on accidentally after having a glass of wine? DUI. Also, checkpoints for DUI are a hilarious violation of your rights. The cops shouldn't be able to just set up in the middle of the street and stop and loving grill people randomly in the interest of "public safety". Also, MADD has slowly evolved into a neo-prohibitionist organization that supports zero tolerance policies and helps prop up bullshit police tactics,

I have no idea of the legality of DUI checks where you are, but most ppl accept that it falls under the whole 'public property, need a license and rego, etc' thing that you can be spot checked for. Also, in some nations the limit is zero. Not NZ, sadly. we have an issue of '"she'll be right, mate" =[

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Serephina posted:

I have no idea of the legality of DUI checks where you are, but most ppl accept that it falls under the whole 'public property, need a license and rego, etc' thing that you can be spot checked for. Also, in some nations the limit is zero. Not NZ, sadly. we have an issue of '"she'll be right, mate" =[

In the US, the cops generally need a reason to search you (probable cause), and security checkpoints are some authoritarian commie state poo poo we never should have let them get away with but there was a public outcry going on. Generally in court security checkpoint searches don't hold up very well, but that doesn't stop them from doing it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

In the US, the cops generally need a reason to search you (probable cause), and security checkpoints are some authoritarian commie state poo poo we never should have let them get away with but there was a public outcry going on.

Ahahaha

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

It's true and the general outcome of those checkpoints, whether it's for DUI or "stop and frisk" or whatever you want to call it, is minorities getting rounded up by an over-empowered police state.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Found the alcoholic.

I love the scare quotes around public safety. Nice touch.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

It's true and the general outcome of those checkpoints, whether it's for DUI or "stop and frisk" or whatever you want to call it, is minorities getting rounded up by an over-empowered police state.

The American police state already does that without having to stop your drunk rear end

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

WampaLord posted:

Found the alcoholic.

Getting flashbacks to the parenting trainwreck story where the guy was asking about how to get access to his kids after they got taken away "because they saw him have a beer with dinner", where "having a beer with dinner" is code for "I got my 6th DUI while driving on a suspended license."

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
It isn't hard to not drive drunk. Please, do not drink and drive.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

WampaLord posted:

Found the alcoholic.

The majority of infractions handed out at DUI checkpoints are not DUIs.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Oh yes, it begins as Don't Drink and Drive, then soon enough it's going to be Don't Think and Speak and before you know it it's going to be Don't Reddit and Live.

On that note:

Should I let my gf have a one-night stand?

quote:

19 points 173 comments submitted 4 years ago by sharkfin800 to r/relationships

I caught my gf of 6 months (we're both in college) making out with a guy at a party. We talked about it and now she wants me to let her have a one-night stand with him because the year's ending and he's going to graduate and she has the hots for him or something. She says it's only sex. It's a guy on the football and lacrosse teams and she says it's just an experience and wants to "blow off some steam."

Here's what I'm thinking pros and cons. I'm not going to marry this girl anyway and it's not that serious so I think if I let her she'll feel she owes me and then I can get all kinds of stuff because she'll owe me. I can gently caress someone else too or get her to do a threesome with a girl or whatever. Cons are that it's weird, or it might happen more than once, or that she might enjoy it too much and then getting it on with me will be a come-down. Or that she might think she can bang other guys too.

Should I let her and if so what rules should I put?

TL;DR gf wants to have a one-night stand with another dude, I'm thinking of letting her because she'll owe me

EDIT: OK the comments seem a bit confused. I don't hold it against her, she's just looking to get maximum advantage. And so am I. Why is it wrong for me to be manipulative, when she is manipulative? It's easy to blame me. Instead, give me some smart advice on how to be manipulative too.

EDIT PS: I'm thinking of offering her to have a threesome with me and this guy, that might be a good alternative, and maybe fun.

Errbody is awful, yo

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
hahahahahaha

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Just call a loving cab, they have apps for that now. Whining about DUI laws is beyond pathetic.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014
Scratch that, this girl is not awful. Could use some work on her timing though.

I [26F] am a medical intern and my one night stand [30s M] has a mass
Non-Romantic (yeah, no poo poo)

quote:

submitted 1 year ago by AwkwardDoc
I'm a pediatrics intern and I haven't seen testicular cancer since my MS-3 internal medicine rotation but I'm positive I felt a concerning mass. I didn't say anything at the time (bad choice, I know now) but it's been bothering me ever since.

Essentially I went out with my co-interns to blow off some stress and went home with the bartender. He asked for my number but didn't call (it's been a few weeks now). I don't have his number. A mutual acquaintance told me she's seen him cuddled up with his ex (she's not in medicine) since. I do know he's uninsured and hasn't seen a doctor in years.

Given the certainty of what I felt and the nature of cancer, I feel strongly I need to say something. I know how to have these serious conversations when people come to me seeking my medical opinion, but I don't know how to broach such a sensitive subject when it's an incidental finding like this.
  • Do I find him at work or track down his phone number from the acquaintance?
  • What on earth do I open with?
  • What suggestions do I make for seeking care for someone with no PCP?
tl;dr: Had a one night stand a couple weeks ago, felt a mass, didn't speak up at the time, guy now likely has a girlfriend. How do I broach the subject and what recommendations do I make for someone with no insurance and no doctor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQaoPHV9YvA

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

My [25 F] boyfriend [31 M] doesn't want to get circumcized and it's killing me.

quote:

Before anything I'd like to say I actually don't care if a penis is cut or uncut, this is a specific health problem.

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months. He's actually still a virgin and never really had a long relationship before, which struck me as odd because a) he's really a nice, kind person and b) he's hot af. Anyways, we dated and became "official" pretty soon.

Everything in our relationship is fine, it's like everything I wanted from a man. Well except one thing: we haven't had "real" sex yet. You see, my boyfriend is uncut and his foreskin doesn't roll back when erect (I think it's called a phimosis), which means he can't really have penetrative sex with me, and has great difficulty ejaculating from handjob, blowjob, masturbation, etc. Especially as his head is suuuuuuper sensitive.

He was willing to please me and I taught him how to give good cunnilingus to me, and he's become pretty good at it, I get a good number of orgasms :) But that's all we do during sexy time: lots of cuddles, kissing, then he goes down on me. It's nice but I really miss "real sex", the intimacy it brings, I also miss the feeling of it, and also I hate that I can't get him off or please him, he says it's okay and pleasuring me is enough for him, but that's not how sex works!

It's really killing me, so far it hasn't put a strain on our relationship but it might soon.

I talked to him about it and he agreed to see a urologist, and the urologist told him basically he's gonna have to get circumcized. He's not ready to do that, he says it scares him and he's very uncomfortable with the idea of modifying his penis like that.

I understand that but it sucks for me, and beyond that it sucks for him too, it's a health problem and if he keeps doing nothing about it it'll be bad for every single relationship of his, in the event that we break up. It's silly to accept a life of anguish for fear of a month of discomfort! I've told him all this but he doesn't want to do it :(

How can I convince him?
:stare:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Well we know this one was posted in the United States at least

Dammit you pushed my post off by 1

kierrie
Jun 7, 2010

Bubblyblubber posted:

Oh yes, it begins as Don't Drink and Drive, then soon enough it's going to be Don't Think and Speak and before you know it it's going to be Don't Reddit and Live.

On that note:

Should I let my gf have a one-night stand?

Errbody is awful, yo

lol, what kind of a pussy wants to have a threesome with another guy. I'm not going to marry her 'cause I'm actually gay.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
The only reason to have that kind of threesome is if you need to really bond with the other dude before a business deal or something and just going golfing won't cut it

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

At least here in CA, they can give you a DUI no matter how far under the (already pretty low) limit you are.
You got a source on this? Obviously giving DUIs to people who aren't actually drunk is an overreach.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

My [25 F] boyfriend [31 M] doesn't want to get circumcized and it's killing me.

:stare:

That sounds crazy by the title but it's actually reasonable.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

Psycho Society posted:

The only reason to have that kind of threesome is if you need to really bond with the other dude before a business deal or something and just going golfing won't cut it

Don't kinkshame me. Or this redditor:

NSFW question/advice. Wife (30f) and I (25m) together 3 years made an agreement to have each "type" of threesome (two girls then two guys). We did the two girl but my wife's idea of two guy threesome is making me very uncomfortable. Relationships

quote:

submitted 1 year ago * by threesomequestion1
For the first few years of our relationship, my wife and I had very "vanilla" sex and it was actually boring. About a year ago we agreed that we should spice things up by having a threesome. I agreed that if she did a two girl threesome for me, I would do a two guy threesome for her. In reality the mere mention of it spiced things up for us a ton. We would talk about it during sex, tell each other what we would do, what we wanted to see another person do, etc... and in total honesty I was very content with this. If we never followed through with the threesome thing I would have been fine. My mistake was not voicing this to my wife.

So over our Xmas vacation, lo and behold she shows up with another woman. It was a lady I knew from facebook only, but after two bottles of wine I realized what she was there for. I was excited but not like overly so...to be very honest this woman was a bit overweight, very loud and obnoxious and just not sexy...I actually got the vibe that my wife was more into than I was and when they started kissing I just went along with it. They actually did have "sex" but it's very, very important to note I did not touch the other woman at all. I could tell my wife was very uncomfortable and when she made the suggestion that this really wasn't for her, I was only too happy to get dressed and give the now very drunk other woman a ride home while my wife went to bed. She kept hitting on me the whole way to her apartment but I completely shunned her advances and after making helping her to her door, gladly drove home alone. It was so uncomfortable my wife and I unfriended this woman from facebook and blocked on phones.

So about a day or two after that my wife started telling me that it was my turn to fulfill my end of the bargain. She started telling me how she couldn't wait to watch me have oral sex with the other guy and how she wanted to see my face when me and the other guy penetrated each other. At first I thought we were just having more "sexy" talk with each other and I went along with it. Then she told me that she had picked out the guy (another mostly facebook friend) and then that guy (who is apparently bisexual) started messaging me that he can't wait to basically do what gay men do to each other while my wife watches...he is especially vivid with how he wants to french kiss me and leave me hickies. I just can't handle the though of this.

I had NO idea this is what my wife thought I thought I was signing up for. I told her I was absolutely not comfortable having sex with another man in any way shape or form and that the turn on for me of having a MMW threesome was having her be the absolute center of attention and two guys working to please her.

She has been pouting for two days strait saying that I am not fulfilling my end of the bargain and that I promised that if she did it I would do it. I told her that in any porn I've ever seen that the guys never hook up with each other while it's very common for girls to kiss each other and touch each other. My point is also that I didn't get to pick the girl we had the threesome with and I certainly would not have picked that friend, so it seems really unfair that she gets to pick they guy and that guy seems more interested in me than he does her. Her main argument is that she fulfilled her promise to me, but I am not fulfilling my promise to her--which I guess is technically true. She says it's my fault that I didn't talk over my expectations with her because her expecation was that I would have sex with the other guy just like she had sex with the other girl. Now she says shes going to withhold sex or worse (she hasn't specified what worse means but I suspect it means separation or divorce) until I learn to keep my promises to her.

I have no idea what to do. I can very honestly see that she is right in saying that I am not keeping my promise to her...but I just don't think I can follow through.

tl;dr: We had a FFM threesome (that was really bad), my wife wants to have a MMF threesome which includes me having full sex with the guy. I am not comfortable with this.
Edit: this sort of blew up and I'm just looking now. Yes our communication sucks really bad and I'm not very assertive. She's a bit older than me and does take advantage of me. In the ensuing time that I posted this we had a huge fight over the threesome issue and she left our apartment. I could see on findmyfriends that she was at her ex husbands apartment but she has since turned the app off. I can only imagine what she's up to because she has cheated on me once with him before to get back at me. It's just after 1am and I can't sleep for anything. I'm pretty sure this marriage is falling apart and it makes me very sad.

Bonus probable repost:

Me [ 30 M] with my wife [33 F] of 7 years wants to have a threesome, but without me involved. She has put an ultimatum on this...what should I do? Relationships

quote:

submitted 2 years ago by myotherotherreddit1
I feel like we have a decent relationship most of the time. I am not the most confident guy most of the time and this certainly has had an effect on our love life. I would give it a 6/10 most of the time.

She has told me strait up that she needs more satisfaction in the bedroom. She met two guys when she was out with girlfriends who said she was "animalistcally attracted to." The guys offered to take her to a hotel room and have sex with her at the same time. She says she said no, but did get one of thier numbers and they have been texting since Saturday. (she refuses to let me see the texts)

I do appreciate that she was honest about her feelings but I don't exactly feel like her having a threesome with two other guys would be the confidence boost I need in my life.

She has said that she is not happy and is willing to work on our relationship AFTER she goes through with the threesome. If I don't let her do it, then she says I need to be out by the end of the week.

tl;dr: wife wants a threesome without me involved. As stupid as this sounds, do I let her do it for the good of our relationship?

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
Why wouldn't someone want to get surgery in order to have sex? Like i'm sure circumcision sucks righteous amounts of rear end when you're that old but... sex. Come on man. Everyone is talking about it. You even have a cutie lined up, nothing to lose

edit: holy loving poo poo that post ^^

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Psycho Society posted:

Why wouldn't someone want to get surgery in order to have sex? Like i'm sure circumcision sucks righteous amounts of rear end when you're that old but... sex. Come on man. Everyone is talking about it. You even have a cutie lined up, nothing to lose

edit: holy loving poo poo that post ^^

He is most likely going to do it, but yeah he is scared out of his skiiiin because someone is going to cut his dick

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Bubblyblubber posted:

Don't kinkshame me. Or this redditor:

NSFW question/advice. Wife (30f) and I (25m) together 3 years made an agreement to have each "type" of threesome (two girls then two guys). We did the two girl but my wife's idea of two guy threesome is making me very uncomfortable. Relationships

Man, she's got some gall to push the MFM threesome after shutting down the MFF threesome mid-way through

edit oh man she expects her husband to give her a bisexual show, haha. no wonder he's uncomfortable.

quote:

Me [ 30 M] with my wife [33 F] of 7 years wants to have a threesome, but without me involved. She has put an ultimatum on this...what should I do? Relationships

I feel like we have a decent relationship most of the time. I am not the most confident guy most of the time and this certainly has had an effect on our love life. I would give it a 6/10 most of the time.
She has said that she is not happy and is willing to work on our relationship AFTER she goes through with the threesome. If I don't let her do it, then she says I need to be out by the end of the week.

man how clueless is this guy if he thinks they had a decent relationship up until now, lol

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 7, 2017

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Pick posted:

That sounds crazy by the title but it's actually reasonable.

the very first comment points out that uuuuh no, that's not normally how you treat that

In the US, the cops generally need a reason to search you (probable cause), and security checkpoints are some authoritarian commie state poo poo we never should have let them get away with but there was a public outcry going on. Generally in court security checkpoint searches don't hold up very well, but that doesn't stop them from doing it.

uh what lol

I don't know about whatever in CA, but if you're on the roads cops can and will search you whenever the gently caress they feel like it, and anything they find will hold up in court just fine unless they do something completely one-in-a-million outlandish

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Leon Einstein posted:

You got a source on this? Obviously giving DUIs to people who aren't actually drunk is an overreach.

The DUI code in CA is 23512.

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/codes_displaySection.xhtml?lawCode=VEH&sectionNum=23152

Basically, what they do is charge you under (a) even though you're not in violation of (b). Also sometimes they will charge you with both to see what sticks.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

datajugend posted:

He is most likely going to do it, but yeah he is scared out of his skiiiin because someone is going to cut his dick

I'm sure there are advances in foreskin technology if he doesn't want to be circumcised

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

the very first comment points out that uuuuh no, that's not normally how you treat that

Oh? Well either way, he should get treatment if his dick doesn't work right.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

uh what lol

I don't know about whatever in CA, but if you're on the roads cops can and will search you whenever the gently caress they feel like it, and anything they find will hold up in court just fine unless they do something completely one-in-a-million outlandish

What cops do and what they should be doing are two different things. Probable cause is needed to stop and perform searches.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

uh what lol

people get out of charges on illegal searches all the time, dude

if you don't allow a cop to search your car, they have to have a reason to do it. This has come up again and again. Most recent case I can think of, the supreme court ruled that police couldn't hold a motorist on the side of the road until a drug dog showed up if the police suspected drugs but had an uncooperative driver and no probable cause to search the vehicle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I meant a source showing someone convicted of a DUI while being under the limit. Seems any lawyer could get you out of that.