Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

hell yeah I did!

scope this choice earring ya'll a loving chunk of granite right in your earhole

who wants to wear it I named it after me, this artifact is meta af

I could have named it ed balls but nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can't believe the us media is even reporting the Wikileaks stuff

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Shageletic posted:

Here's the math. You need a majority in the House and a filibuster proof majority in the Senate to destroy the ACA (60 seats).

You can sidestep this with reconciliation, a law passed in 1974 based on a Cali law meant to allow the modification of legislation between the House and Senate with a lower threshold, the aim to correct small differences in their passed legislation without affecting legislation. As you can probably guess, lol, this has been abused and is responsible for Bush tax cuts and the ACA in the first place (the good parts anyway).

To do reconciliation, the law specifically states that a new Congress needs to pass their two pieces of respective legislation by April 15th. That's a majority in the House, and 50+ in the Senate. Also after that, Congress goes for recess, you run into the typical slowdown associated with summer, etc, etc.

So you would have to wait until the following year, a mid-term year. And if this poo poo didn't get passed in 2017, haha yeah right it's passing in 2018. Then you have the fall, with the entire House and 1/3 of the Senate being up for election....

Does that help?

This is very helpful thank u

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

Why?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Lol, election season is already started. Chaffetz's gaffe today raised this woman running against him 22,000 dollars so far.

https://twitter.com/kathrynallenmd/status/838942265510789120

She's a Republican right? No Dem is gonna win his ultra conservative district.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

well ben ghazi emails are suspicious and thetrump wiretap musta happened cuz how else would hillary have beat-- she lost? what the gently caress is he complaining about then?!

Never miss a chance to publicly investigate your political enemies.

Bip Roberts posted:

Wouldn't investigating obama for wiretapping trump immediately run into investigating the casus bella of any hypothetical wiretap?

According to Clapper there was no wiretap on Trump. Maybe a lot of this Russia thing is political theatre???

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 209 days!
those prayers kinda go like

I
Rule the midnight air, the destroyer
Born
I shall soon be there, deadly mass
I
Creep the steps and floor, final darkness
Blood
Lamb's blood, painted door, I shall pass

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Three Olives posted:

As someone pointed out why would Trump commit a major federal crime right before he is leaving office to embarrass a guy he was sure was going to lose the election and not release anything from it?

The whole tapping thing makes absolutely no sense, there was zero incentive for Obama to do it unless he went through proper channels and there was enough evidence to convince a court that Trump was engaged in criminal activity.

If obama told comey to tap trump comey would have resigned as would have Janet Jackson

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Yeah, mcmuffin is the most realistic replacement for the district.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Shageletic posted:

not with that attitude you wont

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

M_Gargantua posted:

adding whiskey to coffee ruins both the whiskey and the coffee.

50% coffee, 25% irish creme(carolinas is cheaper than bailieys and just as good) and 25% grind espresso liquor is the objectively best combo

Irish creme is based on Irish whisky.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
so how many GOP clowns hate this bill? i assume it probably won't get passed at this point because it doesn't gently caress over enough people for the freedom caucus to be happy.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

euphronius posted:

If obama told comey to tap trump comey would have resigned as would have Janet Jackson

Attorney General Jackson if you're nasty

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

And everytime they say no we'll build it a couple of feet higher!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

zegermans posted:

Anyone posted Chaffetz.jpg yet?

Awwww lucky ducky

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Oooooooohhhhh Spicy gonna do his Carrot Top thing today niiiiice

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
hey look its a dead man walking, rip

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/07/europe/trump-russia-dossier-author-christopher-steele/index.html

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Robert Plant posted:

Oooooooohhhhh Spicy gonna do his Carrot Top thing today niiiiice

Get fukkin swol as heck?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

euphronius posted:

Snowden says it's legit... Also the CIA using your smart phones to spy on you is kinda a big deal.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Coffee and whiskey, if you must combine them, should be done double fist style

Bonus if you can get a handle size and shape coffee mug

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

Bip Roberts posted:

Get fukkin swol as heck?

gah don't remind me

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

I have this weird thing where I can't decide who's more evil between Trump, Pence, and Ryan and it oscillates every time I hear one of them open up their loving sewage pipe.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

truavatar posted:

Few pages back, but what's the logic behind this? I'm not understanding where these deadlines come from.

the current session ends in a month and when the next one starts the permacampaign will be getting into 2018 election territory so nobody's gonna want to rock the boat, or so the thinking goes

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

p sure even texas is just over the line of breaking even into red welfare territory

that figure doesn't take into account the billions in oil subsidies and kickbacks texas receives

their state budget is in shambles because of low oil prices to the point they're turning paved roads back to gravel to save on maintenance costs

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Montasque posted:

Snowden says it's legit... Also the CIA using your smart phones to spy on you is kinda a big deal.

It doesn't say that

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Montasque posted:

Does it say domestic smart phones or phones abroad (they probably get mi6 to hack phones in the us)?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

does this mean i should get a dumbphone????????????

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lol Snowden

THe guy whose life depends on Vladimir putin

SixPabst
Oct 24, 2006

lol this house rep talking on CNN about how some conservatives don't like the bill because it's too generous to disabled people and the very poor.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

The Muppets On PCP posted:

the current session ends in a month and when the next one starts the permacampaign will be getting into 2018 election territory so nobody's gonna want to rock the boat, or so the thinking goes

that figure doesn't take into account the billions in oil subsidies and kickbacks texas receives

their state budget is in shambles because of low oil prices to the point they're turning paved roads back to gravel to save on maintenance costs
lol the great poo poo wastes

octobernight
Nov 25, 2004
High Priest of the Christian-Atheist Church
Suck it rurals.

quote:

There are other massive problems as well. Obamacare concentrates its benefits on people with the most modest incomes. Republicans would spread them much higher up the income ladder. Obamacare ties its subsidy levels to the cost of health insurance in a market. Trumpcare does not. As a result, people in high-cost areas — like rural markets — would have their subsidy cut in half or more. When you combine all these problems — a smaller overall pool of money for subsidies, and targeting the subsidies less efficiently — you have a recipe for massive harm.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Perfectly Safe posted:

So how do you pronounce Koch anyway? I read "cock", or sometimes "cotsch". But mostly "cock". But I've heard some people say "coke".

The Koch brothers are "coke"
Former nyc mayor ed Koch is "kotch"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Been listening to how badly Bush misjudged Muqtada al Sadr (the Shiite cleric that fought Americans in Fallujah to a stand still), and that was loving 2008. He was just as arrogant and imperious about not wanting to know anything about him or listen to people that knew what they're doing. He's currently the worst ranked President by historians.

Trump is a 1000X worse than him in that regard. He actively resents anyone knowing anything more than him.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

euphronius posted:

It doesn't say that

https://www.cnet.com/news/wikileaks-cia-hacking-tools-phones-apple-samsung-microsoft-google/
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...e-a7616651.html

Yes, yes it does.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

No it doesn't

Lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

some of you are good writers, at least in yr posts, so try offering yr quality shitpostin skills to the revoguelutionary vanguard

I'd love to, but I think you need experience being published rather than posting imgur gifs.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
Today's Wikileaks dump disclosed that the CIA has the capability to launch cyber attacks with Russian malware they have acquired and, in doing so, effectively framing Russia for the intrusion.

What're the odds that conservative media (and therefore the administration) latch on to this as evidence that Russia's interference and hacking of the DNC was actually the CIA?

Is Wikileaks releasing this information now as a distraction for Trump's flailing or to considerably muddy the waters about Russia's alleged cyber activities? Or both.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

UberJew posted:

obama said 'hey here's a bunch of free money for your state so poor people can have health care' and the death cultists said no, their constituents definitely would prefer to die in the gutter actually

gently caress it let's just let republicans murder their own voters en masse. For the Greater Good

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

http://www.polygon.com/2017/3/7/14841042/trump-as-gamer-in-chief

quote:

President Donald Trump sat in front of his laptop in a white bathrobe. He didn’t like computers much, and preferred to do almost everything the old way – write letters, sign in ink, make phone calls and close deals verbally. To him, computers were an unnecessary burden, a complex world that introduced many risks: cyber attacks, rogue Twitter accounts, so much of it messy and frankly dangerous.

But this time was different. Time had flown by and he’d already missed his morning intelligence briefing. He didn’t glance at his mobile phone or watch the news as he did every morning. This experience was captivating, nothing like he had seen before.

It was day 5 in the game and President Trump was playing as an immigration officer. The new and draconic regulations were piling up and with them some real dilemmas. His hands were sweaty. He saw seven entrants at the border that day and it caused him some stress. He was happy that he successfully detained a few bad “hombres,” but mostly, the decisions were not easy.

“How amazing it would be,” the president thought, “if we could create something like this for real immigration officers.” He decided he’d talk it over with Stephen Miller, his political advisor and resident tech wizard. He sighed and saved the game and quit out of Papers, Please. “It’s going to be a long day,” he thought.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

Heard joke once: Conservative goes to twitter.

Says he can't find a positive analysis of Trumpcare. Says AHCA seems harsh and cruel. Says he feels all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain.

Conservative twitter says, "Try going to a conservative source?"

Man bursts into tears. Says, "But I am the editor of the National Review.”

Ryan's Journal. March 7th, 2017. Heroin carcass in alley this morning. Aspirated on own vomit. This country's afraid of me. I've seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters, and the gutters are full of abortions, and when the drains finally scab over all the poors will drown. The accumulated filth of all their iphones and refrigerators will foam up about their waists and all the coal miners and farmers will look up and shout save us! And I'll whisper no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

im do not trust anything that comes from wikileaks

that outfit is literally an arm of Putin's propaganda machine

• Locked thread