Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
OK so I have a very important question

Is it somehow possible to pet or play with the dogs that hang around stables? I occasionally get the :swoon: effect from them but I have no idea what triggers it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Zeratanis posted:

Me every time I find a new set to buy that isn't located in Kokoriko village.

loving Fireproof helm in Goron City....I bought it... :negative: Also another set I feel will be really handy...1300 for the chest.

Yeah I didn't buy the helm. Too expensive and still had complete fire resistance

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

parallelodad posted:

If you have a flame sword you can just equip it and don't need cold resist anymore.
And if you kill standard chuchus with a flame weapon they drop red jelly.

Which was extra handy since I was going to have to harvest some for Rito-fluff armour upgrade anyway. :getin:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

OK so I have a very important question

Is it somehow possible to pet or play with the dogs that hang around stables? I occasionally get the :swoon: effect from them but I have no idea what triggers it.

No but apparently you can feed them and they will lead you to chests

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I wonder how much did this game cost to develop, versus other triple AAA titles like horizon and gta

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Runcible Cat posted:

And if you kill standard chuchus with a flame weapon they drop red jelly.

Which was extra handy since I was going to have to harvest some for Rito-fluff armour upgrade anyway. :getin:
You actually don't even need to get the kill that way. If you swing a fire weapon at chuchu jellies on the ground they'll turn red. I'm guessing the same is true for ice jellies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Likely substantially less, but also substantially more than most Nintendo games.

I think I saw Aonuma say they would have to sell 4-5 million on this to make a profit.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of elemental weapons, I'm finding so many badass twohanded fire and ice swords that I can't carry all of them, and my house is full too. Where can I buy another house? I need more space <:mad:>

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You actually don't even need to get the kill that way. If you swing a fire weapon at chuchu jellies on the ground they'll turn red. I'm guessing the same is true for ice jellies.
Neat!

Reminds me; if anyone wants a handy harvesting spot for fire, ice and electric wands as well as those chuchu types:

Crenel Hills. That's the hills just east of the castle; if you've got the map you'll see a group of circles on the west side. They're giant hollow tree stumps and there's an elemental wizzrobe with chuchus to match in 3 of them, and a shrine in another.

Bring arrows, and look forward to always looking forward to blood moon.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Your Computer posted:

Speaking of elemental weapons, I'm finding so many badass twohanded fire and ice swords that I can't carry all of them, and my house is full too. Where can I buy another house? I need more space <:mad:>
You can buy a house for permanent storage? :eyepop:

How expensive is it and can I have permanent storage without a whole house?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
How expensive is the last fairy fountain to activate, I don't want to trek back through desert wasteland a second time

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inverness posted:

You can buy a house for permanent storage? :eyepop:

How expensive is it and can I have permanent storage without a whole house?

3000 rupees for the house, 100 for each weapon rack (you can have 3 melee/ranged/shield)

dragon enthusiast posted:

How expensive is the last fairy fountain to activate, I don't want to trek back through desert wasteland a second time

10k. There is a shrine there though.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

cheesetriangles posted:

I found a fool proof way to make thousands and thousands of rupees really quickly. Set your system clock forward and use amiibos over and over.

Oh poo poo. I just save-scummed so that I could get the hero's tunic from my 8-bit link... I can use this to complete the set without waiting.

What have you done to me?

Also this is the first game to make me buy an amiibo. Good job Nintendo.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

cheesetriangles posted:

Only 6 of the 14 amiibos I ordered arrived today but.

I'm rich.

After trying like 20 times I only have a single peice of the Hero's set!

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Carrying a huge anime icesword on my back kept me cool while climbing around on Death Mountain. Great success! :v:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

parallelodad posted:

If you have a flame sword you can just equip it and don't need cold resist anymore.

Sonuvabitch, I could have used that on Mt. Lanayru. Not really though because I ran out of arrows for the dragon up there.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Your Computer posted:

Carrying a huge anime icesword on my back kept me cool while climbing around on Death Mountain. Great success! :v:

Does it fire-proof you??

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Zaphod42 posted:

Oh poo poo. I just save-scummed so that I could get the hero's tunic from my 8-bit link... I can use this to complete the set without waiting.

What have you done to me?

Also this is the first game to make me buy an amiibo. Good job Nintendo.

Amiibo are neat and you should feel good about having one.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Your Computer posted:

Wait seriously!?

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Mirro Shaz Shrine can go gently caress itself with a sledgehammer.

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum
I pointed that poo poo out two days ago. :smuggo:

Elemental weapons totally cheese the environmental effects, as long as they don't break.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Calaveron posted:

I wonder how much did this game cost to develop, versus other triple AAA titles like horizon and gta

Looking through the credits:
- 100~ staff from Nintendo EPD
- 100+ staff from various Nintendo developers, such as Monolith Soft, and QA staff
- Various outsourcing companies, such as AVANT and TOSE, for art assets. Only the companies are listing but the amount of contracted staff probably numbers in the hundreds

Many of the listed outsourcing companies are regular collaborators with Nintendo. They either coordinate with lead artists at Nintendo or have staff work on-site for the duration of the production. The same companies worked on Star Fox Zero and Super Mario World 3D

Aonuma's team probably prototyped it for a couple of years before rest of the staff was brought in for the production. Between the team sizes and a Japanese cost base, it's a pretty lean operation compared to most Ubisoft or EA productions. Bethesda Soft is another developer that has a relatively small team size compared to its rivals.

The breakeven sales for the game was said to be 2 million units. It's the most expensive Nintendo game but not as expensive as most AAA games by big Western publisher which tend to have larger teams based in more expensive locations.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I finally did one of the beasts, but now there's a huge ugly red beam spoiling my view of the beautiful scenery. :smith: There's no way to turn that off, is there?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Your Computer posted:

I finally did one of the beasts, but now there's a huge ugly red beam spoiling my view of the beautiful scenery. :smith: There's no way to turn that off, is there?

No, it's important.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Shoehead posted:

After trying like 20 times I only have a single peice of the Hero's set!

I got a complete set then kept getting pieces of it and sold my spares for extra rupees. Took forever to get the horse gear from horse link. Never got a hylian shield from zelda after doing a months worth of amiibo scanning. Got a bunch of ancient cores from the guardian amiibo though enough to buy a complete set of ancient armor.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So I'm almost done with Operation Map This loving Kingdom, finally making my way into the Gerudo Highlands with some help from a Fire Rod's ambient heat. Only one problem: where the gently caress is the tower. I can't see it. I've found the blue Lynel, and what I think is the cool lightning dragon's hideout. I'm standing at the highest point in the area and I still don't see a tower. Where did they hide it. :ninja:

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Man I have no idea how you guys are getting so far or how people have beaten the game. It takes me forever to do any objective, because I just have too much fun wandering around exploring every nook and cranny. I feel like it's going to take me a least a month to beat this game.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Megasabin posted:

Man I have no idea how you guys are getting so far or how people have beaten the game. It takes me forever to do any objective, because I just have too much fun wandering around exploring every nook and cranny. I feel like it's going to take me a least a month to beat this game.

You can squeeze in more playtime while taking a poo poo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

Turn off the minimap and use it as a directional indicator imo

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I managed to tame the Lord of the Mountain but the game wouldn't let me keep it, boo.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I was wandering about and I found myself at Shatterback Point again, so I wanted to fight the Lynel up there for all of the grief he gave me in the early game and I hosed him up something awful. Eat poo poo rear end in a top hat.

somnambulist
Mar 27, 2006

quack quack

Megasabin posted:

To be fair, people are using Amiibos, moving their system clock forward, cheating the game for rupees and getting much better gear to go into the harder areas quickly etc.

But I've only had the game since Sunday and I'm already near the first Beast so i guess if you've had it since friday you could have done them all? *shrugs*

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That's two labyrinths down and twice I've just happened to climb the wall and drop into the thing right next to the exit on my first try.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I only did the first beast because I didn't want to disappoint my fishboyfriend (he believes in me! :3:), now I'm back to just running around and exploring. I imagine if people played it like a regular Zelda and beelined for the beasts/main story they could easily have it finished by now.

Also literally the first main story objective you get is "Defeat Ganon" so I imagine some crazy people finished the game that way too, by jumping off the plateau and immediately going for Ganon :v:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I've been playing since day 1 and I'm not off the plateau. I feel you on the whole "explore every inch" thing.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The tilt controller shrine in portable mode can gently caress off :)

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

parallelodad posted:

Thank you for this hot tip

Flame sword was the 1st weapon I found jumping off plateau and I'm still carrying it, 30 hours later

bef fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 7, 2017

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I found a chest at a waterfall but it's really drat deep so I can't reach it with my Magnesis, how the hell am I supposed to get it?

edit: Nevermind, used the Ice Blocks to get close enough to raise it.

sigher fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 7, 2017

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Harlock posted:

The tilt controller shrine in portable mode can gently caress off :)

Sounds like you need to switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Found another puzzle using tilt control to rotate a platform (sliding spikes out of the way) but this time the bottom is covered with spikes too so you can't just flip it over lol