Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Corny posted:

Maybe they shouldn't have been obstructionist fucks at every single chance they had then - they had an opportunity to give their input and instead lied about the ACA at every opportunity, they made this bed and now they can lie in it

remember all the time max baucus wasted in 2009 trying to get his little bipartisan gang of dingbats to do a thing when the rest of us knew the republicans in the room were just stringing him along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
follow-up:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/839242744539283456

the senate is the senate :v:

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Winkie01 posted:

https://twitter.com/TPM/status/839240481871638528

I love how the media always goes on how great and smart Ryan is... remember when Diamond Joe clowned him for a hour and a half straight?

If I recall right the media proclaimed Ryan the winner of that debate right after it happened. Took people awhile to realize how thoroughly owned Ryan got.

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

Vladimir Putin posted:

The downside is he hosed up some easy poo poo like the subsidies and the penalties for he mandate.

How would it have worked at all without the penalties/mandate?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

finally we are in a situation the senate was designed for

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

the world's deliberativest deliberative body

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

We are swiftly heading to a trump showdown with the republican senate leadership :getin:

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

tacodaemon posted:

remember all the time max baucus wasted in 2009 trying to get his little bipartisan gang of dingbats to do a thing when the rest of us knew the republicans in the room were just stringing him along

I thought he did that poo poo on purpose? Or that's the impression the PBS documentary gave.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

lol this is basically punting unless they plan to rip up the filibuster for this (they don't)

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/HotlineJosh/status/839241712606261249

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

:getin:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Yinlock posted:

i don't think he hates gays, at least

i used to add "doesn't hate jews" but he kinda does by proxy

especially if you're going to make him a jew-hater by proxy, trump hates gays

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/stats_canada/status/839206183546277892

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Holy shitballs.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

*click click clack*

zoom in and EHANCE

*click click clack*

zoom in and ENHANCE

*clackity clickity clackity*

zoom in and ENHANCE

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Relevant Tangent posted:

especially if you're going to make him a jew-hater by proxy, trump hates gays

Trump both hates Jews and gay people, not even by proxy

He would have been completely down with stripping LGBT protections if this wasn't one thing ivanka cared about to protect her brand

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Its true, but we pay more for healthcare iPhones. :canada:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Man they've been tiptoeing around it so far but I really don't know what'll happen if the Republican Senate shoots down a bill Trump's endorsed so vocally. Like if there was some way they could shift blame to the Democrats and block it that way I'm sure they'd be happy to, get the Dems to filibuster somehow then throw up their hands and let Trump rant in his trademark terrifying way about how a political minority is getting in his way again. It's not like Trump'd be smart enough to know they could nuke the filibuster if they really wanted.

If it actually comes down to the wire and they must come out and vote against the bill to stop it, though, then the real sparks will fly. Maybe the reason the House is rushing this is they're hoping to lob the hot potato into the Senate and let them bear the brunt of Trump's wrath, and are also hoping it won't pass? The only game seems to be which Republican branch of government can throw the other under the bus on why Replace & Repeal will fail before the midterms.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

another local tradition down the tubes. thanks obama!

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/839229147033518082

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Agrajag posted:

*click click clack*

zoom in and EHANCE

*click click clack*

zoom in and ENHANCE

*clackity clickity clackity*

zoom in and ENHANCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiqkclCJsZs

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Charles Mansion posted:

How would it have worked at all without the penalties/mandate?

He hosed up the details. When the law it the real world the penalties weren't severe enough to induce healthy people to sign up.

The subsidies are also hosed up because a lot of niche situations can financially gently caress you up. I don't feel this part was well thought out.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

zegermans posted:

Meanwhile this is how Bannon's media outlet is taking the news

lol

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

skaboomizzy posted:

lol if you don't plan to self-immolate on the steps of the Capitol once you find out you can't pay for your chronic disease

At least die storming the Suicide Caucus' chambers smh.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

is this at all likely to matter?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Zikan posted:

lol this is basically punting unless they plan to rip up the filibuster for this (they don't)

I know they won't but I'm loling pretty seriously at the idea of Senate GOP busting the filibuster to pass this garbage-rear end bill to commit double political suicide

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Augus posted:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Unperson_47 posted:

actually, let's set aside his dog hate for a moment. has trump shown any affection to any living creature

Unless you count wanting to gently caress, then no.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Augus posted:

you're embarrassing me and yourself with this Augus

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Augus posted:

does anything

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

I also dream at night about Trump dumpstering the Senate majority turtle as hard as he did all of his primary opponents. McConnell is seriously loving evil and nobody deserves it more

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

word on the street is that breitbart is about to mount the most offensive of offensives against this non-repeal bill

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Fullhouse posted:

I also dream at night about Trump dumpstering the Senate majority turtle as hard as he did all of his primary opponents. McConnell is seriously loving evil and nobody deserves it more

McConnell is an incumbency elemental. everyone hates his scummy guts, yet he always gets reelected because he has All the Money and, what, like youre going to vote for a democrat? pssh.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

tacodaemon posted:

word on the street is that breitbart is about to mount the most offensive of offensives against this non-repeal bill

hahaha

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
This dipshit is really trying to blame Hillary for "spreading false lies" about his trip? Dude, it's Russia. Doesn't matter why at this point.

Vladimir Putin
Mar 17, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Man this Russia poo poo isn't going away.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

McConnell is an incumbency elemental. everyone hates his scummy guts, yet he always gets reelected because he has All the Money and, what, like youre going to vote for a democrat? pssh.

I know he won't ever lose an election but I want to see his stupid loving face eat poo poo on TV while trump calls him a bitch 24/7 for ruining his brilliant maga plan

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

it definitely matters that I go home and play Zelda RIGHT FUCKIN NOW

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

tacodaemon posted:

the dreaded infinite goatse fax

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

still and all i did enjoy how rand paul ruined mitch's plan to ditch dumb ol' jim bunning and replace him with that other guy whose name ive long since forgotten

• Locked thread