Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gizmodo impressively wrote a review with a conclusion that's both factually incorrect and not supported by the rest of the article:

quote:

Ryzen runs cooler than Kaby Lake or Skylake, and it sucks up less power, and it’s faster.

though they somehow got ROTR to render twice as many frames with the amd than the 7700K despite the ars review having them fairly close (with the intel doing more)

https://gizmodo.com/what-you-need-to-know-about-ryzen-amds-shot-at-an-inte-1792867348

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

those charts are terrible

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i assume "it's cooler" means "we compared a 65w part with a 130w part" and "its faster" means "we overclocked it"

i wonder how much gizmodo got paid to post amd's article

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

hifi posted:

those charts are terrible

must have rendered them on their ryzen system :laugh:

seriously though its like they put them together in paint

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

your chart look like a dishrag

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Lol you can turn on threading through some obscure option flag but it will gently caress up layer composition I hate autodesk so much

It's not autodesk, it's...

Fabricated posted:

NX with TeamCenter

I just noticed today that somebody on the NX team is an MST3K fan:

Ahh yeah, gonna sit down and watch some CAD disasters happen

(I miss CATIA :( )

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE

Endless Mike posted:

a $350 intel will last like 10 years. a $1500 one will last like...10 years

unless you have a $20 atom in which case lol nope

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jimmy Carter posted:

unless you have a $20 atom in which case lol nope

sure but if you spent $350 or $1500 on a $20 atom, how long it lasts is really the least of your worries, you loving idiot.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
naples, or how we stacked our benchmarks to look like we beat the e5

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Fabricated posted:

we use a lot of autodesk poo poo at the university I work at but i have yet to hear of any workplace that actually uses it

like they're always Creo with Windchill, or NX with TeamCenter, and/or solidworks, and Mastercam

or CATIA or w/e

there a specific industry that actually uses autodesk products other than Maya??

uhh... construction I guess? because that's what we use. everything gets drafted and delivered in cad though we're now also requiring BIM models in revit (another autodesk shitpile, slightly less bad)

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

hifi posted:

bclk * multiplier = cpu frequency

so increase the multiplier like a sane person

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

usually because the multiplier is locked, but ryzen is unlocked so because they are banking on overclockers being stupid perhaps?

a very sound strategy really. stupid and too dull to spend their considerable income on booze

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

so increase the multiplier like a sane person

it was big on locked intel ones because that was the only way you could overclock them, although i think they took it back and i read again that they gave it back so who knows. but yeah it's stupid on the amds when their entire range of chips is unlocked

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
look, when i overclock, i want to make everything faster, not just the cpu. memory, gpu, network card, hard drive, mouse... everything!

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

i want to see the world burn, but it turns out all i can really control is the bus clock

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

i want to see the world burn, but it turns out all i can really control is the bus clock

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

that's how hitler got started

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hifi posted:

that's how hitler got started

it was more trains for him

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
you'd be stupid not to take advantage of the increased bus speed tolerance you get with PCI over VLB

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

i wonder what kind of ram they used

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

It's an industrial application so probably something from the late 80's.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Syncopated posted:

paging forums poster 32MB of ESRAM

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
still waiting for mram to revolutionize storage

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

how dense is SRAM these days and why don't we have like 32mb of L1 cache

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
because it's better to devote that die space to MORE CORES

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

:chome:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silver Alicorn posted:

i read that as "CHOMES"

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Don't give them any ideas or they'll design and sell you an ASIC designed to render HTML and nothing else

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

a neural network designed to validate emails

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
let's just jump straight to the obvious end point and go with bitcoin miner

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

http://m.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_smart_shoes_powered_by_intel-blog-23874.php

AMD cannot compete with Intel in the smart shoe space

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

atomicthumbs posted:

a neural network designed to validate emails

please, this is a solved problem

just use the following regex that 99.99% works

(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?: (?: (?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]
)+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:
\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (
?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[
\t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\0
31]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\
](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+
(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?:
(?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z
|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)
?[ \t])*)*\<(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\
r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[
\t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)
?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]
)*))*(?:,@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[
\t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*
)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]
)+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)
*: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)?(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+
|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r
\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:
\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t
]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031
]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](
?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?
: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?
:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?
: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?
[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?: (?: (?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\]
\000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|
\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>
@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"
(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]
)*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\
".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?
:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[
\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-
\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(
?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*\<(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,;
:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([
^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\"
.\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\
]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*(?:,@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\
[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\
r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\]
\000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]
|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)*: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)?(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \0
00-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\
.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,
;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?
:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*
(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".
\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[
^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]
]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:,\s*(
?: (?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\
".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (
?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[
\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t
])*))*@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t
])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?
:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|
\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*|(?:
[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\
]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)*\<(?: (?:\r\n)
?[ \t])*(?:@(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["
()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)
?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>
@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*(?:,@(?: (?:\r\n)?[
\t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,
;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]
)*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\
".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)*: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)?
(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".
\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\.(?: (?:
\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z|(?=[\[
"()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|"(?:[^\"\r\\]|\\.|(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t]))*"(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])
*))*@(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])
+|\Z|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*)(?:\
.(?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*(?:[^()<>@,;:\\".\[\] \000-\031]+(?: (?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])+|\Z
|(?=[\["()<>@,;:\\".\[\]]))|\[([^\[\]\r\\]|\\.)*\](?: (?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*\>(?: (
?:\r\n)?[ \t])*))*)?;\s*)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Syncopated posted:

why is walter crying?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

akadajet posted:

why is walter crying?

he saw what intel could have done if only weyland-yutani hadn't gone for the lowest bidder

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

akadajet posted:

why is walter crying?

he is more familiar with the subtle anti-corporate message in alien than any of his creators

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

Paul MaudDib posted:

please, this is a solved problem

just use the following regex that 99.99% works

yes, but you can't run the regex as a generative network to explore the multidimensional space of email addresses

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
just enumerate all possible strings, keep the ones that match the regex, throw away the rest. done.

how much more thoroughly can you explore that space

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
there are some negative spaces that can't be articulated as a positive space

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

LIKE WHAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007