Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Let's limit our mocking of terrible SC backers to their SC related posts.

Thanks! I think we can all safely assume that Gremlich is a terrible person with terrible opinions about everything at this point without further reposts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AP posted:

MULTIPLE ISSUES WITHIN THE FIRST 24 HOURS OF PLAYING...!

ACTUAL RESULT
First of all, I have downloaded a combo pack that includes Squadron 42. Squadron 42 never came with it.

Otherwise :

- The game crashes half of the time. Sometimes it just doesn't lanches !!!!!!!!!!
- When I'm piloting the RSI Aurora if I leave the seat pilot the character tends to go through the cockpit for no reasons and find himself vessel"less" in the middle of space !

- Many other small issues that are more details and didn't had time to track them all yet.

EXPECTED RESULT
First of all ! the second part of my package called Squadron 42, because I have paid for it !

- A game that actually launches normally without crashing for random resons.

Thanks.

loving entitled snowflake gypsy.

This cracker obviously never learned about game development and that just because you purchase something doesn't mean you get that. It's a donation.

Come on MoMA. Back me up here, I'm helping Star Citizen get developed here by shutting down the dissenters on the Internet!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

They're probably confused because in Skyrim bounties are separated by Holds.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TrustmeImLegit posted:

We have an idea, obviously, a firm idea of what we are trying to achieve, and what we would like to do, but- we won’t be sharing any specific information or dates. But we do have a good grasp on what the goal is we want to achieve, and achieving it, for Episode 1 as well as for our Star Citizen 3.0. I can’t say more than that, but we have a very firm idea of where we are going.

This dude is a thief

This is why I love Star Citizen. I hope backers never stop funding this because eventually, eventually... Chris Roberts will show the world his Magum Opus.

Or not. Because he's a lying thief with no idea what he's doing. But I still want front row seats! :sureboat:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Why do we need twitter screencaps about feminism in the star citizen thread?

I'm triggered.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Let's limit our mocking of terrible SC backers to their SC related posts.

Does that include Fuzzy Modem?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Now we know why they killed this character off.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

boviscopophobic posted:

Does that include Fuzzy Modem?

Beet and I talked about it. We're cool with it since it's such a significant part of SC. Just cut out any personal info (name, etc) if you copy/paste an article or whatever.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Decrepus posted:

What if the bullet was pushed up out of the magazine, rotated, and moved into the chamber by some sort of swing arm instead. I think that would be cooler.

It's called a P90.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Mar 8, 2017

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

It's called a P90.

and it's incredibly fun to shoot, despite looking like something CIG cooked up last minute for a monthly report

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
They way they keep talking about releases, they big up episode 1 and sc 3.0... this will be the MVP and they will be done after that.

The tears will be flowing.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the possibility of star citizen being anything other than a dismal catastrophe is long passed, right?

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

For the strangest of reasons I would have loved to kick that door open and empty and entire fire extinguisher in that room and then bar the door closed afterwards.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

quote:

"We have an idea, obviously, a firm idea of what we are trying to achieve, and what we would like to do, but- we won’t be sharing any specific information or dates. But we do have a good grasp on what the goal is we want to achieve, and achieving it, for Episode 1 as well as for our Star Citizen 3.0. I can’t say more than that, but we have a very firm idea of where we are going."

Was that Chris stating that?

What a way to treat those who have been foolish enough to give you millions of dollars.

It's an open statement of "Ok, I think we have stuff sorted out after a few years of making fuckups, I think we might be able to make something sometime but I' not sure we wont just gently caress up again so I'll can't say more ....... P.S. more money would be great!"

What I can say is that if he drags this on for another 18 months he is gonna the backers will need to get him a new Porches, can't be a big shot in LA and have the same car for 3-4 years.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

Thanks! I think we can all safely assume that Gremlich is a terrible person with terrible opinions about everything at this point without further reposts.

He is also a pretty pants photographer.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Beet and I talked about it. We're cool with it since it's such a significant part of SC. Just cut out any personal info (name, etc) if you copy/paste an article or whatever.
It's not that significant a part of SC to be honest. He's not even an important backer, he's just a gross moron they briefly rallied around reflexively because Derek Smart mentioned him.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

"Derek is irrelevant," he posted for the thousandth time, on the subreddit devoted entirely to Derek.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

alf_pogs posted:

the possibility of star citizen being anything other than a dismal catastrophe is long passed, right?

It's never outside the realm of possibility. There's a better than odd chance that cig might just give it all to some Chinese game farm company when they get bored and the money stops rolling in, and they turn around and produce something cool.

Though I have a feeling this thread will be forgotten and full of cobwebs long before that happens.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Ghostlight posted:

It's not that significant a part of SC to be honest. He's not even an important backer, he's just a gross moron they briefly rallied around reflexively because Derek Smart mentioned him.

Actually he kinda is. He is the first bona fide kiddie-diddler that has fallen on our radar from the very start. He was also the guy that was all over the forums with his ship designs and won that CIG contest as well. Not to mention the fact that CIG totally Ryan Archer'd the poo poo out of his design for the Polaris. We have an obligation to see this to the final outcome in Space Court.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

alf_pogs posted:

Don't spoil the end of this show please.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Maximum shilling.

Citizens are so sensitive and defensive about the slightest change to the production timeline, they are upvoting a post that reads like a crisis communication (what PR does when something like an oil spill happens). The thread is mostly people talking out their rationalisations and how it fits into their worldview of CIG, and patting each other on the back. There are very few people actually being sceptical about the change. It is pretty bizarre behaviour, tbh.

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Is anyone else struck by how fake this scene looks? Like a dude just walked in and was like, "Whelp, if I want to read my book, I guess I'll have to nestle awkwardly on the floor between these two dudes' legs while invading their personal space instead of taking that chair in the corner."

Or was it acknowledged as posed at some point and I'm too lazy and/or stupid to figure it out?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Tokamak posted:

Maximum shilling.

Citizens are so sensitive and defensive about the slightest change to the production timeline, they are upvoting a post that reads like a crisis communication (what PR does when something like an oil spill happens). The thread is mostly people talking out their rationalisations and how it fits into their worldview of CIG, and patting each other on the back. There are very few people actually being sceptical about the change. It is pretty bizarre behaviour, tbh.

The stretch goal people paid for to be in game November 2014 was not even going to be part of the original release!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Is anyone else struck by how fake this scene looks? Like a dude just walked in and was like, "Whelp, if I want to read my book, I guess I'll have to nestle awkwardly on the floor between these two dudes' legs while invading their personal space instead of taking that chair in the corner."

Or was it acknowledged as posed at some point and I'm too lazy and/or stupid to figure it out?

Agree

It's totally fake from a company that is trying to 'fake it till they make it' thinking it is teh cools to look all 'geeking out' in a casual google type way in a office full of over priced trinkets. Sunglasses inside, that's rude and disrespectful - SANDI! (I even don't like hats inside)

It's a PR photo shoot, the only true part is the bin outside the door to the right which shows where millions of dollars and years of work went.

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Mar 8, 2017

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Yeah the guys in that room don't really strike me as the type to understand personal boundaries

Their workplace is treated like a frat house from what I can gather, remember they used to drink openly on video/stream before someone complained

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Since Beer pointed out the existence of Star Marine leaderboards, I thought I'd take a quick look at them. Note that it is possible to opt out of the leaderboards, so we do not have a representative sample of the playerbase. In the roughly 3 weeks since 2.6.1 went live,

• 24,793 unique users appeared on the leaderboards (about 1.5% of the nominal number of citizens);
  • 23,309 of these recorded more than 0 minutes of playtime. See note below
  • 14,861 total player-hours of game time was recorded;
  • 47,426 player-matches of Last Stand and 26,459 player-matches of Elimination were played. To get the total number of matches played we'd have to divide by the average number of players in a match, which I don't know. If e.g. Last Stand is 8v8, then you're looking at 2,964 games played.
  • There were 5,840,098 hits registered out of 13,602,751 shots fired. It is sometimes possible to be credited for more hits than you have shots fired, so... maybe grenades?

There are 504 hours in 3 weeks, so based on these numbers you're looking at an average of 30 leaderboard-enabled players concurrently playing at any one time. The average playtime per user is 36 minutes; however, I suspect the playtime distribution is extremely top-heavy. I can't quantify that at the moment because my sqlite3 is a POS and it's too much :effort: to load the data into a better program at the moment.

Notes on playtime: I am not sure how exactly this is being measured. Elimination mode tends to have large number of playtimes that are exact multiples of 10 minutes, but this is not true of Last Stand. 1,484 players managed to play at least one match without having any playtime recorded, so who knows what exactly is going on.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ghostlight posted:

He was part of the fan-made starship show and considers Sandi to be a personal friend who would vouch for him. Plus he used to post here defending the shitshow.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Since Beer pointed out the existence of Star Marine leaderboards, I thought I'd take a quick look at them. Note that it is possible to opt out of the leaderboards, so we do not have a representative sample of the playerbase. In the roughly 3 weeks since 2.6.1 went live,

• 24,793 unique users appeared on the leaderboards (about 1.5% of the nominal number of citizens);
  • 47,426 player-matches of Last Stand and 26,459 player-matches of Elimination were played. To get the total number of matches played we'd have to divide by the average number of players in a match, which I don't know. If e.g. Last Stand is 8v8, then you're looking at 2,964 games played.
  • There were 5,840,098 hits registered out of 13,602,751 shots fired. It is sometimes possible to be credited for more hits than you have shots fired, so... maybe grenades?

There are 504 hours in 3 weeks, so based on these numbers you're looking at an average of 30 leaderboard-enabled players concurrently playing at any one time. The average playtime per user is 36 minutes; however, I suspect the playtime distribution is extremely top-heavy. I can't quantify that at the moment because my sqlite3 is a POS and it's too much :effort: to load the data into a better program at the moment.

Notes on playtime: I am not sure how exactly this is being measured. Elimination mode tends to have large number of playtimes that are exact multiples of 10 minutes, but this is not true of Last Stand. 1,484 players managed to play at least one match without having any playtime recorded, so who knows what exactly is going on.

Your effort for the thread is amazing (but not crazy, some people love working with stats) I love seeing stats.

You are a :five:

Could I be so bold as to say that Star Marine is poo poo?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He was part of the fan-made starship show and considers Sandi to be a personal friend who would vouch for him. Plus he used to post here defending the shitshow.

For me, more than a kiddy diddler (innocent until proven guilty and all that poo poo), he's an incredibly incompetent film director. I mean Crobberts has a better idea on how to direct a scene.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, well I'll get us started on the inevitable "what is doxxing" derail by mentioning that anybody interested in his full name can go to his website at $username.com where it is displayed prominently multiple times on the first page to load.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Titanic posted:

It's never outside the realm of possibility. There's a better than odd chance that cig might just give it all to some Chinese game farm company when they get bored and the money stops rolling in, and they turn around and produce something cool.

Though I have a feeling this thread will be forgotten and full of cobwebs long before that happens.

Not if you believe hard enough. You have already pledged many comments. Just keep the faith and keep on pledging comments (or, in my case, shitposts) and we can see this dream through to the end.

And, keeping in mind, our discussion of dreams, I offer an oneiric revenue.

Samizdata fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Mar 8, 2017

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Samizdata posted:

Not if you believe hard enough. You have already pledged many comments. Just keep the faith and keep on pledging comments (or, in my case, shitposts) and we can see this dream through to the end.

And, keeping in mind, our discussion of dreams, I offer an oneiric revenue.

Dude, you cant claim to poo poo post yet also pay tax with such a dream catte.

That catte is totally unshit.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Kosumo posted:

Dude, you cant claim to poo poo post yet also pay tax with such a dream catte.

That catte is totally unshit.

The cat is dreaming of Windows tho. Bit strange.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Facebook Aunt posted:

The cat is dreaming of Windows tho. Bit strange.

Window is .... okayish though.

I've been happy with windows since 98, I know that it could have been better but it's not a not mess like Chris Roberts current company, CIG 's Star Citizen is.

Windows never clip thought my monitor and then T-posed on me

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/839248907792089088

Huge milestone

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
No matter how many times I try on pants in port olisar's Casaba Outlet I should be able to always rotate my screen.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It takes four to Lando.

I love the way they've done nothing with dark walls and barred windows. It's like the studio is ready to clear out in a flash.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

boviscopophobic posted:

Arena Commander had a total of 18,272 player-hours logged by 11,539 distinct players.
The racing mode was played for just 1,023 hours by 3,599 distinct players. :laugh:

It's too bad we don't get stats for the PU as that is really the most interesting component.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

boviscopophobic posted:

Arena Commander had a total of 18,272 player-hours logged by 11,539 distinct players.
The racing mode was played for just 1,023 hours by 3,599 distinct players. :laugh:

It's too bad we don't get stats for the PU as that is really the most interesting component.

Comparing the 2.6.1 vs 2.6 of Star Marine is laughable in regards to the level of drop. Basically 2/3 said gently caress this poo poo and moved on.