Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Stay with me here, but what if that's not a ponytail by Rogue but a raccoon tail?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Jeff Lemire is pretty much out.
https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/839127302919319553
https://twitter.com/JeffLemire/status/839130513197658112

e: And here's nine minutes of Todd McFarlane drawing your favourite chacater, Baby Groot.
https://vimeo.com/207198224

That's cool cuz this story arc of Thanos is pretty weak.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

rantmo posted:

Stay with me here, but what if that's not a ponytail by Rogue but a raccoon tail?

Love it. But it'll be someone ruining Squirrel Girl.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rogue doesn't seem like the type to join the murder team.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Aphrodite posted:

But if the above speculation that Cable and Deadpool are some of those silhouettes, well, she's already been on that murder team.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unity is a gateway to murder.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Most murderteams traditionally have one non-murdery (or at least murdery-but-with-regrets) member to stand around and look judgmental about all the murder.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Aphrodite posted:

She kills with a touch and absorbs the other person's whatever. And she's pretty hot and tempting. She is a murder machine.

She's also Mega Man in a way. She needs to do the Mega Man pose when absorbing powers. It'd be awesome in a video game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Something tells me this X-force will be less Murdery. But then We have 2 of my favorite X-men (i'll give Old Man Logan the Wolverine slot) and my second least favorite X-men (Only Gambit ranks lower than Angel for me). If that is Cable and Deadpool, I'm sold. There would be some great team dynamics going on there.

I just hope Good Guy Mystique lasts more than a single arc.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rhymenoserous posted:

hey guys I read Civil War 2 and it was really bad, help.

NO YOU MUST SUFFER AS I HAVE SUFFERED

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Nevvy Z posted:

Love it. But it'll be someone ruining Squirrel Girl.

Don't even joke like that that's not funny stop it you take that back. Besides she's irrevocably not a mutant now :colbert:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Bendis already tried to ruin Squirrel Girl and failed, so she can bounce back from anything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'm gonna bet Duggan will write this and continue his Rogue/Deadpool blossoming romance there.

Also pretty sure that the person underneath Rogue is Gambit. Looks like a bo staff and trench coat outline.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

twistedmentat posted:

Something tells me this X-force will be less Murdery. But then We have 2 of my favorite X-men (i'll give Old Man Logan the Wolverine slot) and my second least favorite X-men (Only Gambit ranks lower than Angel for me). If that is Cable and Deadpool, I'm sold. There would be some great team dynamics going on there.

I just hope Good Guy Mystique lasts more than a single arc.

You read Uncanny X-Force? I loved Archangel as a kid, but hated every story he was in until Remender took over. That original Archangel toy really caught my imagination. Him and suction cup Nightcrawler made them my favorite two X-Men in the nineties. Besides Wolverine of course. I was tan suit Wolverine for Halloween when I was six.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Aw, yeah. Gwen vs Wade was pretty much perfect. Some scathing words, harsh truths, and classic turn-based RPG takedowns. And I will never stop laughing at Sarah's gloriously goofy headpiece.

"I don't read Deadpool. He's just a little too "LOL memes for me". Wait, is that how you see me?"

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Open Marriage Night posted:

You read Uncanny X-Force? I loved Archangel as a kid, but hated every story he was in until Remender took over. That original Archangel toy really caught my imagination. Him and suction cup Nightcrawler made them my favorite two X-Men in the nineties. Besides Wolverine of course. I was tan suit Wolverine for Halloween when I was six.

Was that the one with Phantomex or before that? The only recent X-force that I read was in the Messiah Complex era.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The only recent X-force that I read was in the Messiah Complex era.

You. This. Stat.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What if Cloak is on X-Force and that's him they're all coming out of?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Sentinel Red posted:

Aw, yeah. Gwen vs Wade was pretty much perfect. Some scathing words, harsh truths, and classic turn-based RPG takedowns. And I will never stop laughing at Sarah's gloriously goofy headpiece.

"I don't read Deadpool. He's just a little too "LOL memes for me". Wait, is that how you see me?"

the part with the sudden art change was so well done. i loved it :)

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So, that's IvX, folks. Say goodbye to Emma Frost and hello to Cyke Hood!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Teenage Fansub posted:

:tif:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

:dogbutton:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
can we get some sort of :marvelevents: icon

also lol that my first thought on seeing that outfit was Speedball's time as Penance.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Haha seriously it's like s&m lady penance

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Clawtopsy posted:

can we get some sort of :marvelevents: icon

It'd have to be Squirrel Girl covered in blood or something like that.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I honestly would have loved to see Beats Up The Marvel Universe as a full-fledged comedy event, but I think nerds would get saltier than the Dead Sea.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Teenage Fansub posted:

This makes my head go gah, but my penis is confused.

And goons have never steered me wrong comic wise, I'll find that x-force run.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

And goons have never steered me wrong comic wise, I'll find that x-force run.
It is the best.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Lmao what the gently caress

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The first and last pages of Squirrel Girl have maybe two of my favorite gags ever. Doreen tweeting the I am not a Robot picture to Tony, and then that last page :allears:

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I am so sick of the X status quo of Scott's evil, mutants are gone, everything is grim and harrowing, etc.

Can we just go back to mutants being a thriving subculture/minority with a serious problem of getting discriminated against? Feels like the mutants-as-social-commentary thing has rested long enough, let's rev that thing up again.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Teenage Fansub posted:

hello to Cyke Hood!

I nominate "Emma Crossed".

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Cabbit posted:

I am so sick of the X status quo of Scott's evil, mutants are gone, everything is grim and harrowing, etc.

Can we just go back to mutants being a thriving subculture/minority with a serious problem of getting discriminated against? Feels like the mutants-as-social-commentary thing has rested long enough, let's rev that thing up again.

I miss the 90s days of the Gold and Blue teams.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

pubic works project posted:

I miss the 90s days of the Gold and Blue teams.

I've got great potentially mediocre news!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 8, 2017

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Both of you should be happy, because that's exactly what they're doing. Saw the Blue and Gold X-Men short boxes, and they're pretty great. I got the Monsters Unleashed one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What an inappropriate day to release IvX 6.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lol at Cykeneto

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
That Wolverine/Hulk fusion thing is for a crossover between Totally Awesome Hulk and Weapon X

also: enhance

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Was Scott's X-Hood always so Magneto-esque? I never got that vibe from it before. It looks like the lines of Emma's helmet are going straight down instead of curving off to the sides along the arc of the X.

That last issue was kind of a wet fart. I know literally every single hero vs hero fight is resolved by the two groups talking to each other for five minutes, but I had been under the impression that all this time the royal family had known that the mists were going to kill all mutants and just didn't care all that much. Wasn't Beast working with them along those lines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, Scott's was a tight latex thing with lenses that made no sense and were rarely drawn as lenses.

• Locked thread