Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
The Guardian looks sweet but won't fit in an amiibo collection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Mother. Fuckin. Master. Sword. And the last spirit orb I needed just so happened to come with the last piece of Barbarian Armor. You done hosed up, Ganon. :black101:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Macintosh HD posted:

The Guardian looks sweet but won't fit in an amiibo collection.

mine fits just fine

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Funky Valentine posted:

What's the agreed-upon best get-rupies-quick method so I can buy Link's bachelor ppad?

My current method is to collect lots of fireflies and make stealth potions. 4 Bokoblin fangs makes a 100 rupee potion. 4 Moblin fangs makes a 140 rupee potion. 4 Lizalfos talons makes a 180 rupee potion. Then I sell them to Beedle.

I really love the apparatus shrines. It's fun to move the controller around to get things the right way. I got the pro controller and it's really nice. Is anyone else noticing that the gyro doesn't seem to as high a resolution as the joycons?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Speaking of guardians, I found out that chopping their legs off in a fight causes them to drop ancient parts you can loot mid-fight. So maybe those are additional drops you won't get if you just blow them up without cutting the legs. Not sure, but chopping them up is more fun than just stunlocking/parrying them.

VVV Yeah its pretty cool. The first time it happened though I didn't know about it so when I saw sparks flying everywhere I thought I'd killed it and turned around to deal with some other stuff. I realized to late my mistake.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 8, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Speaking of guardians, I found out that chopping their legs off in a fight causes them to drop ancient parts you can loot mid-fight. So maybe those are additional drops you won't get if you just blow them up without cutting the legs. Not sure, but chopping them up is more fun than just stunlocking/parrying them.

You can chop their legs off?!

God, there's so much stuff in this game that's a logical thing you can do, but you wouldn't think of because video games don't normally work that way.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

The Flurry system is so drat inconsistent in this game, jesus.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Coq au Nandos posted:

Do the deer hunting minigame in the paddock above the village.

Don't use a bow.

Use bombs. :black101:

Need to chop down a tree? Bomb

Need to catch a fish? Bomb

Need to hunt deer? Bomb

Need to get apples out of a tree for your horse? Bomb

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Underwhelmed posted:

Need to hunt deer? Bomb

Also the joy of accidentally being in radius of your own bomb and ragdolling down an entire mountain :allears:

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Underwhelmed posted:

Need to hunt deer? Bomb

You can feed your horse?! I never thought to do that.

Oh well gently caress him I'm still not feeding the bastard.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Your Computer posted:

Also the joy of accidentally being in radius of your own bomb and ragdolling down an entire mountain :allears:

Tricky traversal? Bomb.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

krursk posted:

You can feed your horse?! I never thought to do that.

Oh well gently caress him I'm still not feeding the bastard.

I was gonna feed my horse a carrot as soon as I won the obstacle course with him. An hour later and 300+ rupees down the drain I gave up. I dunno if the giant horse just has trouble with it because of how massive it is, but the dumb bastard kept running to the side of the obstacles if I was even slightly off-center.

I have a love-hate relationship with my horse. Its awesome that I can trample bokoblins and deer to death with his mighty hooves. Its less awesome when he gets spooked by a chuchu and plants those mighty hooves in my face. I have 6 hearts and he can still OHKO me, which actually makes him the most threatening thing on most of our rides :geno:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Does Mo'a Keet Shrine have a second chest hidden somewhere? It's awfully small so I dunno how I missed one, but I don't have the treasure chest symbol next to it on my map. Already got the obvious one with the Knight weapon in it.

e: The challenge name is Metal Makes a Path, it's the shrine near Foothill Stables.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Mar 8, 2017

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

I have a love-hate relationship with my horse. Its awesome that I can trample bokoblins and deer to death with his mighty hooves. Its less awesome when he gets spooked by a chuchu and plants those mighty hooves in my face. I have 6 hearts and he can still OHKO me, which actually makes him the most threatening thing on most of our rides :geno:

Poor ol' Freckles. Thought of chuchus and died killed his owner.

DoYouHasaRabbit
Oct 8, 2007
Does anyone know where the Hebra Tundra leviathan is? I know I'm supposed to be looking for a set of doors and a cave but I can't find anything.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I looked up the Hyrule Castle theme because I'm curious and dumb
What the gently caress what the fuuuuuuuuuuuck this is perfect hell loving yes

EDIT: What's the name of the track that plays in the January Switch presentation trailer? It's not the main theme.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Runcible Cat posted:

You can see it from the Lake Hylia one.

I like that the game seems to have progressed to the point that it's giving me insult options - I just ran into a Yiga girl cooing over Master Kohga's poochy belly and gave her my opinion of it.

Best part was there was a thunderstorm rolling in and I'd unequipped all my metal. So she waved her sickle around, and with a mighty KAFOOM God did my work for me. It was glorious.

Ha yeah I remember that too, it was really hilarious.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Calaveron posted:

Has anybody figured out how to get the ball in Impa's house to the pedestal atop Kakariko, or is this one of those things that will plague the internet for years to come

You have to complete all the sidequests in Kakariko to unlock the shrine quest.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I reflected a guardian's laser on the first try and never again :smith: I really can't get this timing down at all

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Silver Lynel's .....holy poo poo. :stare:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I've just been exploring the world, trying to get all the towers online so I can make quick trips across Hyrule. I'm really glad I invested in the Sheikah set, because playing a sneak has been the only way to get around some of these horrible monsters in the more remote parts of the world.

Plus, you know, all the cool stuff, like a razor-sharp three pronged boomerang. Not surprised that a lizard monster would think to use something like this.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

I was gonna feed my horse a carrot as soon as I won the obstacle course with him. An hour later and 300+ rupees down the drain I gave up. I dunno if the giant horse just has trouble with it because of how massive it is, but the dumb bastard kept running to the side of the obstacles if I was even slightly off-center.

please explain where i find giant horse

i have white horse which i named shadowfax but not giant horse

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Regarding the memories, will there be a person that says a general area for the totally random ones? So far I've found two on my own and two from a guy telling me a general area.A lot of them seem to have a big landmark so I can get a general sense of where they would be. Some are just a picture of a path with no obvious landmarks, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to find it aside from just randomly happening upon it.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

So fun fact if you use korok leaf to push a raft you can go fast enough to beach it , and run over enemies.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I love this game.

I was exploring the snowy mountain range around Lanayru, and over the course of my exploring got lower and lower on supplies, eventually running out of cold resist food and relying on my fire sword to keep myself warm enough to not freeze to death. I see something really weird and scary looking on top of the highest mountain and begin climbing up there. At this point I'm still weak enough that the lizalfos on the way up can hit me once and leave me with just a quarter of a heart left, and since I don't want to break my only source of heat I have to switch out weapons and defeat them before my health drains from the cold, rationing the food I have left the best I can. This is a grueling loving hike at this point, but I finally make it up to the top and find myself tangled up in a fight against a gigantic flying dragon, with only 4 arrows left. I run out of arrows but manage to win the fight by taking advantage of the updrafts to do downward strikes on its weak points, losing my last two fairies in the process. If I had missed the last strike again, I would have died.

I never expected to have such an amazing encounter out of nowhere in an open world game.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

UberJew posted:

please explain where i find giant horse

i have white horse which i named shadowfax but not giant horse

Best way I can think of to describe it would be to teleport back to the stasis shrine. From there, paraglide south-east and you should see a visually distinct valley full of tan grass and big fat trees. If you follow that valley to its natural end there is a large open area filled with horses, one of which is noticeably bigger. That's giant horse. Note that he's a bitch to tame and requires tons of stamina so bring some restoration if you haven't leveled that an excessive amount. Also there's no stable close by so you'll have to ride him quite a distance.

I dunno how he compares to other horses in terms of speed or whatever. I can't bring myself to use any but him. Sure he kicks me in the face sometimes and controls like an equine tank, but I feel like a badass riding on him and towering over everything else.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Holy poo poo the Kaam Ya'tak Shrine was awesome as gently caress :stare:

Are there other shrines that are really long and full of fun puzzles like this? I was shocked at how long this one kept going on and how the puzzles kept expanding on using big rocks (and eventually a really satisfying battering ram) to open stone doors. Oh, and it just vomited treasure all over me, too.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
On that note about rafting, while I found That Island and decided I'd go back later when I learned you have to do it all in one go :shepface:, pro tip for leaf powered sailing i wish I realized sooner.

Spam normal swings once you are in the water. Since charged swings seemed to be more useful for getting it off land, I just did charge swings the whole way to that shrine along the way :downsgun:

EDIT: Horse tamingtip for if you don't have enough stamina bar to manage. Just pause and shove stamina food into your face.

I love my regular wild horse's top speed of 4, even though he just has 3 stamina and 1 strength. But as often as I find him being somewhat disagreeable at 100 bond, I don't think I could give up a 4 speed for a tame horse's ease of use.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 8, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Gotta love this game, you can spend an hour messing around pretty much every single step, exploring and looking for puzzles and cool stuff!

My favorite Korok puzzle so far is the one at the bridge on the way to the first town, that circle of rocks in the water. Since I missed the throw with the rock down there, was fun using ice blocks and boxes, climbing up, grabbing rocks from the bridge, falling back down below without dropping the rock, finally dunking one was very fun.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Got the full Dark Link set, found a black horse that goes like a mother fucker and decked it out with a monster bridle and saddle and now I'm the Harbinger of Death.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.
Man gently caress this motion control shrine. Why would they sully the otherwise awesome shrine puzzles with this POS.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Harrow posted:

I reflected a guardian's laser on the first try and never again :smith: I really can't get this timing down at all

I watch for the eye flash. If you're a few steps out of me lee range that's usually good enough to nail it.

At longer range, I think the solution I found was to wait a split second after the blast gets fired.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Gaspy Conana posted:

Oh crap, I wish I knew that. I was trying to hold them parallel to one another like an idiot.

That's why it says to use the grip, so people don't have to confuse themselves over which joycon has which extra components.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Are the amiibo armours exclusive to the amiibos or can you still find them in game and the amiibos are just shortcuts?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Wait, the Switch is portable. Is there anything stopping me from walking into a game shop and scanning almiibos through the packaging?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Coq au Nandos posted:

I watch for the eye flash. If you're a few steps out of me lee range that's usually good enough to nail it.

At longer range, I think the solution I found was to wait a split second after the blast gets fired.

Thank you! "Watch for the eye flash" was exactly what I needed. I got a few steps out of melee range and nailed it three times in a row.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Also as far as I'm concerned every open world game needs to just shamelessly steal the Korok system because its so good. It makes random exploration actually rewarding on top of just feeling good.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
How the gently caress are you supposed to do this horse race? It's like there's no rhyme or reason as to whether the horse will refuse to jump or not (tried 3 different horses, same result)

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Coq au Nandos posted:

Wait, the Switch is portable. Is there anything stopping me from walking into a game shop and scanning almiibos through the packaging?

The same thing that stopped people from doing it with the new 3DS. Or buying them, scanning and returning unopened.

The packaging has a metal thing in the bottom that blocks the NFC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

squidgee posted:

Man gently caress this motion control shrine. Why would they sully the otherwise awesome shrine puzzles with this POS.

Which one are you talking about? :v:.

Coq au Nandos posted:

They have a metallic plate under them in the packaging to prevent exactly that.