Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

squidgee posted:

Man gently caress this motion control shrine. Why would they sully the otherwise awesome shrine puzzles with this POS.

Much like the Native Americans and the buffalo, Nintendo uses every part of the Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Harrow posted:

Thank you! "Watch for the eye flash" was exactly what I needed. I got a few steps out of melee range and nailed it three times in a row.

No worries! I set aside some time last night to really get the timing down by saving right before I ran into my first wild Guardian. Died a couple of times but it's worth it - once you're able to reliably kill Guardians you can pretty much immediately upgrade your runes and you could probably farm a decent number of rupees by selling the parts, too.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Are the amiibo armours exclusive to the amiibos or can you still find them in game and the amiibos are just shortcuts?

They're all exclusive to the amiibo, there's weapons and Epona too.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
90 shrines down and I haven't even been to any of the 4 dungeons or even their respective towns lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

This game is gonna steal Snake Eater's title for most hidden secrets ever.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Internet Kraken posted:

Also as far as I'm concerned every open world game needs to just shamelessly steal the Korok system because its so good. It makes random exploration actually rewarding on top of just feeling good.

The first one I found was one where I had to dunk a rock into a ring in the water. I wasn't looking for secrets, I saw a ring of rocks and thought to myself "everybody get up it's time to slam now". I wasn't looking for secrets or anything, just did a thing because I wanted to. It really caught me by surprise when a Korok from Wind Waker appeared :v:

What I'm trying to say is.... I love the system so much. The rewards are perfect too.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Escobarbarian posted:

90 shrines down and I haven't even been to any of the 4 dungeons or even their respective towns lol

:aaa: that's... drat. How much of the map have you been across

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I do wonder, what was everyone's first Korok? There's a surprising number on the Plateau. I'm watching a stream and already seen him find one I didn't even notice.

The first one I found was from lifting a random rock while looking for stuff to eat.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Bird gift makes trial of wood a joke

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
20-25 hours in finally finished the Zora dungeon, my first of the four, what a thoroughly excellent experience that whole sequence was. And now I can get to side quests in the area and fully exploring every nook and cranny before going searching for bird people or gerudos (death mountain is definitely last I think). loving good game.

Princeps32 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Mar 8, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

I do wonder, what was everyone's first Korok? There's a surprising number on the Plateau. I'm watching a stream and already seen him find one I didn't even notice.

The first one I found was from lifting a random rock while looking for stuff to eat.

The pond on the right after you go down the trail from the vault

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ahahahaha the plan to get into Gerudo Town is just :laffo:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOsh1_3LBqY

You can get Ganondorf's horse.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

Regarding the memories, will there be a person that says a general area for the totally random ones? So far I've found two on my own and two from a guy telling me a general area.A lot of them seem to have a big landmark so I can get a general sense of where they would be. Some are just a picture of a path with no obvious landmarks, so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to find it aside from just randomly happening upon it.

The painter guy shows up in towns and stables near the memory locations, and he gives pretty good info. You'll still need to stumble onto him nearby where the memory is, though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Internet Kraken posted:

Mine was in some ruins on a hill on the way to Dueling Peaks.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Trying to decide if I should continue the Gerudo quest tonight (next step is tracking down the Yiga hideout) or just explore and try to unlock birb town.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LionArcher posted:

:aaa: that's... drat. How much of the map have you been across

Pretty much all of it except the towns and most of desert/volcano

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hedrigall posted:

Trying to decide if I should continue the Gerudo quest tonight (next step is tracking down the Yiga hideout) or just explore and try to unlock birb town.

Go get the Sheikah outfit before you do the Yiga Hideout, or go loaded for bear. At the very least, bring some Mighty Banana's. You'll understand why about halfway through it.

On the same topic of the Gerudo region; How do you get to keep/borrow the Thunder Helm for yourself?

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Do mushrooms/plants regrow? Do ore mines regenerate?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What does shock resistance even do? I see no clear effect from using it unlike cold and fire resistance.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Megasabin posted:

Yes.

Internet Kraken posted:

What does shock resistance even do? I see no clear effect from using it unlike cold and fire resistance.

You'll take less damage and not drop your weapon when shocked.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

lol look what I just found at my local walmart

guess living in the middle of nowhere sometimes help, i got this literally today, gently caress you nintendo i'll buy my own statue to make my own master edition

(they sold out of switches on sunday, apparently some lady drove 2 hours to get the last one)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Megasabin posted:

Everything comes back. If you find a cool weapon somewhere, it will respawn eventually.

Edit: Except for chests.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 8, 2017

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Gaspy Conana posted:

I've had luck using just 5 of a single ingredient (the different variations of mushrooms I think?) to get mid-level.

I got a pro-tier health recipe that was literally a truffle plus four hearty radishes. Full heal plus 14 extra hearts.

Internet Kraken posted:

Prevents you from getting stunlocked by electric weapons. I want to say it also might negate some damage from lightening, but I haven't tested that theory out yet.

Hedrigall posted:

Birb burg fuckin' owns. The inn has the best stat-boosting bed. You get a full extra stamina wheel, and there's a guy who will buy flint off you for 100 rupes.

And the music got me stupid nostalgic and I cried a little.

Obligatory Toast fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Mar 8, 2017

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Without spoiling anything beyond yes/no, do the dragons serve a purpose or are they just for show?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

snoremac posted:

Without spoiling anything beyond yes/no, do the dragons serve a purpose or are they just for show?

Yes. Try shooting an arrow at one and see what falls off.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Deceptive Thinker posted:

How the gently caress are you supposed to do this horse race? It's like there's no rhyme or reason as to whether the horse will refuse to jump or not (tried 3 different horses, same result)

Figured it out finally after about 30 tries
Epona, only boost at the beginning, hold ZL the whole time, line up your jumps as early as possible

edit: also, horse fairy has the best music

Deceptive Thinker fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Mar 8, 2017

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hedrigall posted:

Ok don't be loving ridiculous.

I'm not though?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

With the talk about bombs a few pages back, I have to ask someone who actually has the game; does this work?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Can someone spoiler me the second deku riddle?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Something happens if you light all the stone lanterns in Hateno, right?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Icedude posted:

With the talk about bombs a few pages back, I have to ask someone who actually has the game; does this work?

Just tried, you can't detonate bombs while sliding on your shield.

Funky Valentine posted:

Something happens if you light all the stone lanterns in Hateno, right?

Those are part of doing a sidequest at the Ancient Research Lab up the hill. You absolutely want to do said sidequest, incidentally.

Despera posted:

Which riddle?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I predicted that there would be a bunch of hilarious death videos as a result of this game and it seems that I was right!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJDcQjyNLc4

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Which one are you talking about? :v:.

Oh no.

:smith:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Despera posted:

If you mean the tough fruit or whatever, fortified pumpkin from Kakariko

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm not though?

How many hours have you been on the plateau? 5 or so is spergy but understandable, but if it's more JFC get out there and explore this amazing world Nintendo made for you!!! :psyduck:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I know bosses have never been very tough in Zelda games but I just did the Yiga hideout and the disparity between my encounters there was insane.

-Die like 5+ times to the insanely buff army of ninjas that OHKO me
-Beat the boss without even getting hit
-Immediately after leaving, get OHKO'd by a lizalfos with a dragon club.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Calamity Ganon is kind of a lovely fight so far, it's really unclear what you're supposed to do.

edit: I guess it's do what works.

sigher fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 8, 2017

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yes. Try shooting an arrow at one and see what falls off.

Ah. I tried this when it was directly above me in Lake Hylia but failed to reach it. I guess it looked closer than it appeared because it's huge.

Speaking of Lake Hylia, I somehow missed it until just yesterday. It's not very impressive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Picking up on fragments of the possible point in the timeline by observing environments and buildings is fun. I got a little excitement yesterday in the far-west desert when I found some ruins the map identified as Arbiter's Grounds.