Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Sharkopath posted:

Thief, Pirate, Freer of Slaves, Afghan Chief, Nomad Raider, Davy Crockett Frontiersman, Mercenary, Explorer, Assassin, King. The coolest thing about him is how much variety there is in the settings of the stories, even if a lot of them follow a set narrative pattern.
Yea wasn't he riding with notMongols at one point? There's your archers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Sounds like he's an overpowered player character

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Jackard posted:

Yea wasn't he riding with notMongols at one point? There's your archers

Hyrkanians :eng101:

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Conan is kinda like classic Wolverine. Sure, he goes all apeshit and tears through dudes, and that's what people remember, but what he mostly does is sneak around in the shadows and kills dudes silently so he can steal baubles and punch snakes with man faces.

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

Conan is 6'2 with blue eyes, a bear of a man, uncut,

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I used to be afraid of crocodiles in the early game but turns out you can just jump on their backs and hop around and never get hit because they turn too slow.

I was fighting them like you fight people when you really need to be gator wrasslin.

Also did some testing with bows and on single player at least there's a bug where when you load the save any arrows will be replaced by a single arrow stack, the same way waterskins will be empty.

The buff made them pretty alright, they do more damage than the stone sword so they're a good investment. 2 arrows for imps and gazelle, about 5 for humans.

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.
I know you can do that with the grey rhinos and human NPCs as well. Just keep circling behind them swinging away and they have trouble turning fast enough to face you.

Cpl Clegg
May 18, 2008

Depends posted:

I know you can do that with the grey rhinos and human NPCs as well. Just keep circling behind them swinging away and they have trouble turning fast enough to face you.

It depends on your latency to the server. I've noticed that it's harder to pull off on my local server or in singleplayer but it makes PVE much easier on remote servers. Their netcode is strange.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I haven't explored all of the map yet but it seems like as an early level character breaking into the iron age the only real place to build is the area around the valley where the 3 rivers meet. Iron and coal and water and grass and trees and the biggest threat is crocs. I've found some really big iron deposits elsewhere but they're far from water or covered in scorpions.

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Northwest of the three rivers under/around the bridge is fine, I've done that a couple times. Then west from the bridge around the oasis works too. Scorpions can wreck you in groups and every once in a while a dragon hangs out towards the north on the west side of the bridge but you can see it way before it sees you.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Is anyone still playing on my EU server at all ?

If there's no interest atm, then I will take take player limit down from 70 to 30 or 40 to get a cheaper deal with the current host. I can always up it back to 70 at another time.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Filipino Freakout posted:

Northwest of the three rivers under/around the bridge is fine, I've done that a couple times. Then west from the bridge around the oasis works too. Scorpions can wreck you in groups and every once in a while a dragon hangs out towards the north on the west side of the bridge but you can see it way before it sees you.

Yeah, I migrated to the top right hand corner of the map. As far as possible from the spawn points, it's quiet here. It's nice.

There is a huge loving NPC city thing out here too, full of NPCs to kill and tame. Also their city is full of iron ore so you go on a mission and bring back someone to talk to as well as a backback full of ore.

My first base got.. well obliterated. I think it was avatared. I've learned what it takes to do that so if some sperg did all that and nuked a high priest and altar just to smash my little poo poo shack, well.. ok then.

devinebovine
Sep 7, 2006

Bring corpro! What a wonderful phrase

Bring corpro! Ain't no passing craze

It means no worries for the rest of your days

It's our problem-free philosophy

Bring corpro!
If anyone is looking for a relatively quiet and friendly server - either to enjoy with nice people or royally gently caress up - come join the New England Exiles server! I don't know who the admin is, but the server is stable and he keeps it updated. And don't let the name fool you: There are TWO verified Canadians playing!

Most activity happens at night (EST), but some folks are on occasionally during the day. Right now there are two small clans and several solo players, but everyone is far enough apart that there hasn't been too much conflict. Which is a shame, because this is Conan and we should be conflicting all the drat time.

My clan is Meatlandia, we are planning our own Purge, and we have a SUPER SECRET BASE THAT YOU'LL NEVER FIND unless you watch pretty much any YouTube video.

If you join the server and want to team up, ask in chat for someone from Meatlandia, and say that Colonel Spampants sent you (that's my in-game name).

Alternatively, my Discord and Steam usernames are both spampants.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
Hey what game have the very mentally stable and normal people who scream about pubbies gone to now that their plans here fell through?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Comrayn posted:

Hey what game have the very mentally stable and normal people who scream about pubbies gone to now that their plans here fell through?

He,he, noob, you're tears have been harvested!!! :smug::smug:

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Gay Horney posted:

He,he, noob, you're tears have been harvested!!! :smug::smug:

Not wrong :smug: Goon tears are best

Comrayn posted:

Nice meltdown :smug:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I built a nice house.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

I built a nice house.

I built a poop hut on a public server and then someone knocked it down and I couldn't be bothered to rebuild it so I just stopped playing.

Tears harvested?

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Taylor Swift posted:

Not wrong :smug: Goon tears are best

Saw no one posting here so I figured there's a cool new game. Please tell me.

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Comrayn posted:

Saw no one posting here so I figured there's a cool new game. Please tell me.

Our new game is waiting for Goony Goons to get salty in this thread then laugh.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
That sounds boring as poo poo I'll pass

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Comrayn posted:

Am I doing it right?

Taylor Swift
Feb 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Comrayn posted:

Popete posted:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Comrayn posted:

But you played Albion, so. :wooper:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Popete posted:

I built a poop hut on a public server and then someone knocked it down and I couldn't be bothered to rebuild it so I just stopped playing.

Tears harvested?

I play single player because I enjoy being able to come back whenever I feel like playing and add on.

Noncommittal.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

*starts breathing heavily as he checks other guys post history*

But for real have they added anything interesting to this? I heard siege weapons were coming.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Kimsemus posted:

Should have listened to you on that one. I think I clicked rocks and trees for about an hour and realized what a terrible mistake it was.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Popete posted:

Tears harvested?

loving...OWNED BITCH

Filipino Freakout
Mar 20, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhymenoserous posted:

But for real have they added anything interesting to this? I heard siege weapons were coming.

Dyes, one armor set that looks cool but doesn't have good stats, and trebuchets have been added. New weapons at all levels. Weapon damage and requirements have been altered. Spear charge is back in. Pretty much all the recipe requirements have had a redo so it's easier to pick what you want. Probably some stuff I forgot but I don't remember when people gave a poo poo about this thread and I don't want to scroll back up.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe

Rhymenoserous posted:

Yeah they added trebuchets making it even more pointless to build things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQbjKwyGicU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Sharkopath posted:

I play single player because I enjoy being able to come back whenever I feel like playing and add on.

Noncommittal.

Same

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Just got the game, where do I go? Is the first post still relevant?

Pastry Mistakes fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 14, 2017

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Just got the game, where do I go? Is the first post still relevant?

Nah, I don't think many people are playing this anymore. Died out kinda fast.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
It's still in early access, very early, like 2nd month. I wouldn't count it out yet, but there are a couple pretty gamebreaking bugs they've been having trouble nailing down. Namely:

1) Being able to fly/jump up mountains
2) Being able to build poo poo underground
3) Being able to loot your own body and/or lock your equipment to it so no one else can take it when they kill you.

There were other serious bugs with blocking NPCs from spawning, but that's fixed now. And a couple of the above are fixed for now (until someone figures out how to break them again) and/or being actively worked on.

So the long story short is that it'll probably be a good game to play in a couple months, but right now it's only fun if you know how to use the exploits and have enough people playing that you can force your way to level 2 structures and plop a fortress on a mountain.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Yeah, I already ran into an issue where after I would craft something the item bar would gently caress up and get rid of whatever I created. The item didn't drop or return to the inventory, it just straight up disappeared. In a survival game that's pretty bullshit.

I already tried getting a refund through steam, but because I had dicked around for four hours they denied it. Ended up reinstalling it and just messed around with administrative commands for another hour.

I could have used that $23 for a night of all you can eat sushi :(

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
There is a good game here though, this isn't like no man's sky. And it is heartening that they did finally un-gently caress the NPC spawns, so I'd recommend having a little faith that before the year is out this will be a good thing. They seem to be adding content while at least trying to tackle persistent bugs.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I guess I'm biased/hesitant because I remember Age of Conan. One of the best starting areas in an mmo I've ever played... followed by a total crushing of my expectations. I absolutely love the Conan universe though, so I'll give this a chance.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I guess I'm biased/hesitant because I remember Age of Conan. One of the best starting areas in an mmo I've ever played... followed by a total crushing of my expectations. I absolutely love the Conan universe though, so I'll give this a chance.

You and me both. I had so much fun until around level 20ish and then quit like 5 hours later.

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 14, 2017

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I'm gonna take the EU server down. No one seems to be playing anymore and I also lost interest. Once they have added significant content I might put one up again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Yeah, I already ran into an issue where after I would craft something the item bar would gently caress up and get rid of whatever I created. The item didn't drop or return to the inventory, it just straight up disappeared. In a survival game that's pretty bullshit.

I already tried getting a refund through steam, but because I had dicked around for four hours they denied it. Ended up reinstalling it and just messed around with administrative commands for another hour.

I could have used that $23 for a night of all you can eat sushi :(

This continues to prove that only real men survive the wastes. You are not Conan enough.

• Locked thread