Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Zore posted:

Besides the greater heresy is this Link wearing blue and no hat.
I dyed most of my clothing green, and got the classic floppy Link hat from an Amiibo. Still though, the hat should have been Link's default starting outfit. He should have woken up at the start of the game wearing only that hat and a pixel-blur filter over his presumably pointy Hylian junk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Just beat the game. Deets about the final boss in spoiler tags

Wow, I really loved that they went all out with Calamity Ganon and didn't make him human at all. By the end I almost felt like I was in a Miyazaki movie or something, what with shooting light arrows at a giant hog. Just a really great fight overall.

My favorite Zelda game for sure, and in my top 5 games of all time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I just finally found a second faerie shrine (naturally I glided right past it about twenty times) and man, the climbing and zora set bonuses are awesome. Sad the Hylian set from Kakariko doesn't have one though, I like the look of that set but it's outclassed by everything.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Yossarian-22 posted:

Just beat the game. Deets about the final boss in spoiler tags

Wow, I really loved that they went all out with Calamity Ganon and didn't make him human at all. By the end I almost felt like I was in a Miyazaki movie or something, what with shooting light arrows at a giant hog. Just a really great fight overall.

My favorite Zelda game for sure, and in my top 5 games of all time.

I'm still exploring the drat world! I got sidetracked into finally talking to the Zora, so I'll get to the rest of TOWER QUEST once I get out of this rainy shithole.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
ok i got the cool celebration fake trident from the river now how do i open the shrine with it. something about feet?

primitive
Mar 14, 2001

I AM A CHEAPSKATE WHO HAS HAD THE STUPID NEWBIE BABY AVATAR FOR 12 YEARS.
Where can I find materials for a 3* defence up buff for free?

Mild recipe spoilers:

5x Fortified Pumpkins will give a 3* buff for 4 minutes, but costs 100 rupees

Also 5x Durian Fruit is game breaking especially as there are a dozen of them available on the plateau immediately next to Faron Tower

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Suspicious Dish posted:

ok i got the cool celebration fake trident from the river now how do i open the shrine with it. something about feet?

do a jumpstrike on the pad

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

causticBeet posted:

Yeah, those are fun and the rest of the world around the game is amazing. Oh well, I guess I could just replay OOT?

If you want dungeons play LttP not its inferior 3d remake.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bruceski posted:

do a jumpstrike on the pad

https://streamable.com/ugsbb what am i doing wrong

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

lemme load up my game and make sure I answer right.

E: okay. looks like the attack off of a glider is different from a jump-strike, and actually thrusts the spear down between the feet. I glided off the top of the falls and struck just before the ground, but I donno if that start point's necessary.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Mar 8, 2017

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

Fun Shoe
got it. i thought i tried that too but i guess my aim was slightly off.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I assumed that bows that fire 2 or 3 shots would use 2 or 3 ammo. It appears they do not :stare:

Also it appears if you shoot a fire arrow or bomb arrow it also fires 2 or 3 of them. That's insane.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

can anyone (without spoilers!) tell me where to get a dependable weapon early? Ideally one that won't break after 3 fights.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

That sounds like something from some other game.

Lizard weapons are pretty durable though for the disposable trash that they are.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

well why not posted:

can anyone (without spoilers!) tell me where to get a dependable weapon early? Ideally one that won't break after 3 fights.

amiibo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I'm trying to figure out the Shrine Quest The Serpent's Jaws. I think I've figured out the dragon's head location, but I can't get the boulder off the pillar to move it into place with the other three. Any advice? The place I'm at is West of the Dracozu Lake text on the map

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
How many shrines are there? I read 120 but that seems remarkably high given I'm not spotting them very often anymore.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

kater posted:

That sounds like something from some other game.

Lizard weapons are pretty durable though for the disposable trash that they are.

trashy boomerangs? sure, but it's the thought that counts :kimchi:

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I love those boomerangs. Z-targeting not autoaiming makes me cry.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

well why not posted:

Nothing early lasts. Embrace the temporary. Pick up whatever your enemies are using and use that against the next guy.

As you get further in the game you get better stuff with more durability, but early on its pretty rough. Just kinda accept it. Its okay, really. The game is balanced for it.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
If you know the locations I'm sure you can just beeline to good stuff right off the plateau. I've heard there's a fire sword close by, and I know Edge of Duality is in that northwest shrine of hylian fields.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't suppose there's anyone else here that knows how to access the last shrine is there?

I have all but one done, and have a fair idea of where the last one is and how to access it, but I can't see a way to get the game let me do it.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
This game has some really great random moments. I was loving around with a korok's stupid puzzle when I heard that deep HUHUHUHUHU that signifies a buff Yiga is about to gank you. He picked a bad location to teleport though; he appeared right in front of my horse. Horse proceeds to freak the gently caress out and repeatedly kick him in the face. He goes from full health to dead in about 5 seconds. I didn't even have to do anything.

well why not posted:

There aren't really dependable weapons. There are strong weapons that last longer by virtue of killing stuff quickly, but you don't want to be using those on trash. Any weapon you use frequently is going to break. You should get into the habit of scavenging weapons off weak enemies to kill more weak enemies with. Save your good stuff for the big threats.

the durability can be annoying at times but look at it this way; it encourages you to chuck weapons about to break into a monster's face to send them flying.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm trying to figure out the Shrine Quest The Serpent's Jaws. I think I've figured out the dragon's head location, but I can't get the boulder off the pillar to move it into place with the other three. Any advice? The place I'm at is West of the Dracozu Lake text on the map

No idea what you're doing, but the serpent's jaws they speak of is a gigantic dragon skull at the north of the jungle/ruins area. It's visible on the map because it's so big. There's a glowing statue in the back of the skull and a huge moblin to fight, unless you stealth your way in

Now, if you reach the shrine, you might get roadblocked because you need a certain item to enter: a scale from Farosh, the electric dragon that hangs out by the two big lakes in the south. Good luck!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I had a cool night exploring, unlocking all the towers in the north west quadrant. Now I only have 3 towers left :sigh:

I went to birb town, and explored around that area a lot unlocking shrines as warp points but not doing them yet. I found the little cabin at the foot of the Hebra mountain pass and met the funniest Yiga encounter yet, the fortune teller guy.

The flashback with Rivali was awesome. What a rude dude! :kimchi: I really like the design of all the birdpeople in this game. Oh, and is it just me or does Rivali sound a bit like David Cross is voicing him?

I want this game to never end :smith:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hedrigall posted:

No idea what you're doing, but the serpent's jaws they speak of is a gigantic dragon skull at the north of the jungle/ruins area. It's visible on the map because it's so big. There's a glowing statue in the back of the skull and a huge moblin to fight, unless you stealth your way in

Now, if you reach the shrine, you might get roadblocked because you need a certain item to enter: a scale from Farosh, the electric dragon that hangs out by the two big lakes in the south. Good luck!

Yup, I was in the wrong spot and found it soon after that post :doh:.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I've been playing this every night since release and have to have a night away from it because it's screwing my sleep up or something. I had eight hours of sleep last night but was a zombie today.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is chuchu jelly even used for anything?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Internet Kraken posted:

You can drop normal chuchu jelly and expose it to an element to turn it into elemental jelly which is used for various armor upgrades

otherwise idk

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Props to the person who figured out the timeline position. That's really neat

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Dropping and striking ice jelly causes an icesplosion. I assume fire and electric jelly do the same thing.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Fire, Ice, and Electric chuchu jellies have the same properties as an exploding chuchu when struck. Grab a handful of various kinds and roll them down a hill toward some enemies, then shoot one with an arrow and watch them all go up! :science:

The neutral jellies also soak you when they pop, which can put out fires and bring your temperature down in a pinch.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I vote water octroroks as the most annoying enemy in the game, followed closely by the other octoroks.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Escobarbarian posted:

Props to the person who figured out the timeline position. That's really neat
hm???

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

snoremac posted:

I vote water octroroks as the most annoying enemy in the game, followed closely by the other octoroks.

They die to one arrow, dude, and they're super easy to spot in the water before they spot you. The forest/treasure/rock octos are at least sneaky, but they still go down to a mean stare.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Alternatively you can do the thing that works in literally every Zelda and just hold up a shield so they kill themselves.

Lizalfos sitting in a river spitting at you are infinitely more annoying since they actually have health bars.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

Autonomous Monster posted:

They die to one arrow, dude, and they're super easy to spot in the water before they spot you. The forest/treasure/rock octos are at least sneaky, but they still go down to a mean stare.

Yeah but I hate when I'm swimming and start getting pelted and can't do anything about it until I reach dry ground.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I might sell my switch and just play BOTW on my wii-u. I already redeemed my season pass on the switch, will I be able to use it on the wii-u version? My wii-u nintendo ID is tied to the switch nintendo account I made. Is the season pass linked to the switch or my account?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

It's somewhere last page but basically a reference made in memory 1 ties it to one specific timeline

I just got two blood moons two minutes apart. I really don't understand how this mechanic works at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Managed to track down the last shrine.

It turns out that both Kakariko and Gerudo have pretty drat important quests that are only available by finishing all of the quests in the town.

Kakariko has two night exclusive ones, and the other place has a couple that are also easy to miss.

Escobarbarian posted:

It's somewhere last page but basically a reference made in memory 1 ties it to one specific timeline

It bears mentioning that there's stuff that ties it to another in the game as well. Certain Zora stuff alludes to a certain person doing stuff that they didn't really do in the timeline you're referring to.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 8, 2017