Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Crawfish posted:

Managed to track down the last shrine.

It turns out that both Kakariko and Gerudo have pretty drat important quests that are only available by finishing all of the quests in the town.

Kakariko has two night exclusive ones, and the other place has a couple that are also easy to miss.

Damnit, I still haven't even found the last cucco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

UberJew posted:

Have you checked the roof?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Crawfish posted:

Managed to track down the last shrine.

It turns out that both Kakariko and Gerudo have pretty drat important quests that are only available by finishing all of the quests in the town.

Kakariko has two night exclusive ones, and the other place has a couple that are also easy to miss.

It bears mentioning that there's stuff that ties it to another in the game as well. Certain Zora stuff alludes to a certain person doing stuff that they didn't really do in the timeline you're referring to.

So what is the total number of shrines anyways?

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I might sell my switch and just play BOTW on my wii-u. I already redeemed my season pass on the switch, will I be able to use it on the wii-u version? My wii-u nintendo ID is tied to the switch nintendo account I made. Is the season pass linked to the switch or my account?

The season pass you bought is for the switch version of the game, so isn't going to be redeemable on the wii u version either way. Same as if you bought a download code for the game.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Gravy Jones posted:

The season pass you bought is for the switch version of the game, so isn't going to be redeemable on the wii u version either way. Same as if you bought a download code for the game.

Well, the season pass codes can be used on either version.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Well, the season pass codes can be used on either version.

That's unusual, wasn't aware. In that case, no idea!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

So what is the total number of shrines anyways?
One hundred and twenty.

Guessing the season pass is going to have something heart container related because 27 is a weird number to end on.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

UberJew posted:

You know that you can cheat it with Sensor+, right? Super useful for finding things.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Crawfish posted:

One hundred and twenty.

Guessing the season pass is going to have something heart container related because 27 is a weird number to end on.

Yeah I'd been guessing 132 for that reason, seems pretty weird to end up short of the max like that.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Vookatos posted:

You know that you can cheat it with Sensor+, right? Super useful for finding things.

Yeah I just hadn't bothered b/c most quests seemed to just result in 100 rupees, but another quest that requires doing all the other quests first makes sense

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
God dammit, Kah Yah. I had to spend the night in the rain, dragging my rear end up and down the entire loving Palmorae coastline looking for pieces of your sign because you couldn't bother to weatherproof it properly. Why you gotta ding me with a Trial too?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
I just...I can't fathom how some people managed all 120 shrines already. I've been playing obsessively and am in the mid-50s with only 1 dungeon completed.

Unless you've been hitting energy drinks to avoid sleep I don't get it. Maybe I'm just really bad.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 8, 2017

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
OK, I got to Kakariko and Hateno, and they're like 15 frames per second most of the time. At least you haven't got to do any combat or anything in them, but it's really surprising to see a Nintendo game with performance like this. :( How likely is it that there'll be a patch to maybe alleviate the issue? On Wii U at least I'm not that hopeful because it seems like they're just bumping up against the limits of the hardware.

E: also, is there any ingame way to see recipes? Most of them make logical sense so it's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to see a list of the recipes I've made/discovered and exactly what needs to go into them.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Mar 8, 2017

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bardeh posted:

OK, I got to Kakariko and Hateno, and they're like 15 frames per second most of the time. At least you haven't got to do any combat or anything in them, but it's really surprising to see a Nintendo game with performance like this. :( How likely is it that there'll be a patch to maybe alleviate the issue? On Wii U at least I'm not that hopeful because it seems like they're just bumping up against the limits of the hardware.
It's going for that authentic Ocarina of Time experience.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I wanna upgrade this suit of armor I have but it needs yellow chu jelly. I can find white and reds all over but not yellows. Please help me

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Put a big pile of regular blue jelly on the ground and shoot it with a lightning arrow

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what's stopping me from finding the NPC that lets me respec hearts and stamina (wherever the gently caress he is), trading in my two stamina upgrades for two more hearts making 13 hearts, pulling out the master sword, and respeccing back to my 11 hearts and 2 extra stamina?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

DF played a little more than five minutes this time to reveal that there's definitely a bit more Blighttown to Wii-U Zelda.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhoiGxl6bnE

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Has anyone found a connection from Lake Hylia to Cora Lake on the Hylian side? Cora Lake looks like it's fed into from that direction but I can't a corresponding hole on the other side.

If they don't connect then none of the rivers drain into the sea, and that is bugging the poo poo out of me :goonsay:

Calaveron posted:

So what's stopping me from finding the NPC that lets me respec hearts and stamina (wherever the gently caress he is), trading in my two stamina upgrades for two more hearts making 13 hearts, pulling out the master sword, and respeccing back to my 11 hearts and 2 extra stamina?

Nothing.

It's a statue, by the way

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Autonomous Monster posted:

Has anyone found a connection from Lake Hylia to Cora Lake on the Hylian side? Cora Lake looks like it's fed into from that direction but I can't a corresponding hole on the other side.

If they don't connect then none of the rivers drain into the sea, and that is bugging the poo poo out of me :goonsay:

Nothing.

It's a statue, by the way

Where is it

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Calaveron posted:

Where is it

Hateno Village, go down the hill from the Shrine and follow the little path by the pond to your left.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Not letting me keep the lord of the mountain is a loving travesty nintendo.

e; also did anybody else really getting the whole taking pictures of everything thing? This morning was the first time I whipped it out and then I spent the whole morning taking photos of everything.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Kashuno posted:

Not letting me keep the lord of the mountain is a loving travesty nintendo.

e; also did anybody else really getting the whole taking pictures of everything thing? This morning was the first time I whipped it out and then I spent the whole morning taking photos of everything.

You can only store 42 photos, if you delete something you already took a picture of does it stay in the compendium?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

parallelodad posted:

You can only store 42 photos, if you delete something you already took a picture of does it stay in the compendium?

Yes, why wouldn't it?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If they wanted to limit the number of things you can track for some reason. Glad that isn't the case.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I wasn't really paying attention to that nerd in the first lab. What does scanning my pictures with their sheikah thing do? Does it find items in my pictures and add them to the compendium? I've just been getting close enough so the thing's name shows up when taking pictures.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yeah you can just delete pictures. I threw all my weapons and materials on the ground and went on a big photo spree then deleted a ton and repeated for a while

Cojawfee posted:

I wasn't really paying attention to that nerd in the first lab. What does scanning my pictures with their sheikah thing do? Does it find items in my pictures and add them to the compendium? I've just been getting close enough so the thing's name shows up when taking pictures.

Items in your compendium can be programmed into Sheikah Sensor+ to have it detect that item/enemy instead of shrines. Pretty good for treasure chests and ore deposits IMO I misread

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

parallelodad posted:

If they wanted to limit the number of things you can track for some reason. Glad that isn't the case.

That's the exact sort of bullshit this game refuses to indulge in.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Calaveron posted:

This is exactly what I did and it's great. Only I actually decided to give myself back three stamina. Three seems to be the magic number for stamina upgrades; there were a LOT of things that +2 stamina was just barely unable to accomplish.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just did the first dungeon and why are some people complaining about these again?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
God loving drat I love this game. (goron ability spoiler) Fighting a Hinox, get it extremely low and try to rush to finish it off. It jumps to do the butt slam and just as I'm about to die pop Daruk's Protection to deflect it and kill the thing. Feels so badass

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Autonomous Monster posted:

That's the exact sort of bullshit this game refuses to indulge in.

The bullshit I've been noticing lately is rain though.

I think rain is a fine mechanic, and some of the areas have forced rain to make you figure out how to get through it without climbing, and that's fine. But lately I've been running into areas where the rain was random and seemed to last absurdly long, like over a day of in game time, before finally stopping. And once it finally stops, not stopping for long and restarting in less than a day. This seems especially bad in Akkala.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Cojawfee posted:

I too would like an answer to this. I was paying attention and I still don't know what that quest was about. I collected three sunshrooms and then he talked about something, I put my tablet on their water drop machine, and then the girl scientist was kinda angry that they weren't charging me a fee. Idfk what the point of any of that was.

I was like, "later nerds," and then ran outside to jump off the mountains and float away.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Man, the "Under a Red Moon" shrine quest is, uh, sure a thing. Is there a more efficient way to do this than to just camp over and over next to the shrine platform and hope you see a blood moon eventually?

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

I too would like an answer to this. I was paying attention and I still don't know what that quest was about. I collected three sunshrooms and then he talked about something, I put my tablet on their water drop machine, and then the girl scientist was kinda angry that they weren't charging me a fee. Idfk what the point of any of that was.

I was like, "later nerds," and then ran outside to jump off the mountains and float away.

If you take a picture of something the game identifies, it saves it to the compendium. If you go to the compendium and open the entry, you have the option to tune the Sheikah Sensor to seek that instead of shrines. Useful for ingredient hunting.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Man, the "Under a Red Moon" shrine quest is, uh, sure a thing. Is there a more efficient way to do this than to just camp over and over next to the shrine platform and hope you see a blood moon eventually?

Ooh I actually also would like to know this

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

I loving love the camera. Made me go on a big ol' stupid safari through the grass lands, sneaking up on critters and taking photos of them in their natural habitat, before occasionally murdering them for food.
I'm just slightly miffed there's no benefit to taking pictures of characters. I mean, another Minitendo gallery, only this time with 40+ slots? YES PLEASE

This game is insane. I've only begun to scratch the surface, and I can't believe the level of detail and attention put into such a giant world. There's something inherently compelling about exploring a vast unexplored area where you're most definitely not fully equipped to be yet, with guardian lasers and magical sky-stepping fire wizards everywhere. I mean, I just stumbled across an absolutely giant Volvagia-style dragon just floating around, with my lovely 15 attack swords and an even shittier loser horse. Hahaha. This is like the combination of Majora's Mask and Wind Waker that I always wanted. And I didn't even get close to a single main dungeon yet!

Oh my god, I want to get a non-crap horse so bad, I hate my stupid uncontrollable hoofbeast, as soon as I get a better one I'm gonna try to kill and eat it

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

You can pay the guy to give you random entries from a category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Harrow posted:

Man, the "Under a Red Moon" shrine quest is, uh, sure a thing.

For me, I didn't have to wait until the Blood Moon cutscene, I just kept campfire resting "Until Night" while naked and after the third time it triggered. I guess it only has to be a night on which a blood moon is going to happen, but it can't be after the cutscene, fwiw.