Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i just did that section and it was extremely epic. having to use my brain again instead of all my epic gear to pwn everything was extremely refreshing. the 300 rupee reward is kind of for babies but truly the real reward was the fun i had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
I should probably stop checking this thread since I'm moving at a snail's pace story wise compared to everyone else, but tonight I ended up on the beach after doing a shrine so I decided to just walk along the coast and fully explore the beaches while making my way around. I've been at it for about 3 hours now and have only made it about 1/20th of the way around the map.

It's overwhelming but also incredibly awesome at the same time.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does Blood Moon activate if you just keep waiting by a fire? I need a certain thing to respawn.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Lightning began erupting from my body and I exploded

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Does Blood Moon activate if you just keep waiting by a fire? I need a certain thing to respawn.

it just happens every couple of days

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bill Barber posted:

I should probably stop checking this thread since I'm moving at a snail's pace story wise compared to everyone else, but tonight I ended up on the beach after doing a shrine so I decided to just walk along the coast and fully explore the beaches while making my way around. I've been at it for about 3 hours now and have only made it about 1/20th of the way around the map.

It's overwhelming but also incredibly awesome at the same time.

Yeah the majority of what I've done in the game so far is run around the map and stumble upon shrines, which has been great fun

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

extremebuff posted:

it just happens every couple of days

Well right but i dont want to wait. I want it now.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mabels big day posted:

Well right but i dont want to wait. I want it now.

go do something else while you wait

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

HolePisser1982 posted:

the durability system is... extremely win. aonuma, you son of a bitch

I love how you can go take a nap for full hp and some temporary, stock up on meals and meat and defense or attack buffs, and really set yourself up to just kill.

I'm so excited about actually taking on hyrule castle, thinking about my gear and weapons and meals. I dipped in after my first dungeon and barely killed some tough enemies and then promptly left.

The ruins you find around the map are loving awesome.

I found a neat island near the forest near the north half of the map with a dead tree on it;
looks like an old school Zelda 1 location, and somehow I spawned a gently caress ton of skeletons there and died. When I tried to replicate it I couldn't do it. I swear lighting the fire set it off. It was way more than normal and they were strong as hell. Stamped it on my map and I'll return one day and solve the mystery

I love this game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

question(divine beast reward spoilers): so i've beaten the zora and gerudo dungeons and they give you unique weapons, i noticed that they seem to be repairing themselves somehow? i'm not sure if it's when i rest or get a spirit orb but i'll use them a bit and later on i'll check and they're back at full strength. whats going on?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

go do something else while you wait

I did and i found something totally awesome

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3 dungeons and 62 shrines down. There's so much more to explore. I still haven't even been to Death Mountain.

I just got the set bonus for the Ancient Armor set which took a TON of guardian parts. Something like 90 Ancient Gears in total. The bonus is "Ancient Proficiency" which I assume buffs Ancient weapons so I'm going to make a ton of those now too. I've got my eyes on the Ancient Bow first.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

3 dungeons and 62 shrines down. There's so much more to explore. I still haven't even been to Death Mountain.

I just got the set bonus for the Ancient Armor set which took a TON of guardian parts. Something like 90 Ancient Gears in total. The bonus is "Ancient Proficiency" which I assume buffs Ancient weapons so I'm going to make a ton of those now too. I've got my eyes on the Ancient Bow first.

bro i was feeling kind of lost cause im at about the same story completion as you and didnt know what to do cause i didnt want to beat the game yet but now you've given me a mission.. i am going to do the same thing.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i took down the red lynel with only four hearts. it was frustrating at first, but finally getting his timing down reminded me of a dark souls boss. the guardian in zora's domain was pretty cool. now all of the races i have to meet are in completely unexplored parts of the map. not sure if i want to comb over where i've been a bit more for shrines and items, or if i want to crack into an unexplored sector...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

among everything else i love the music in this game so much. simple tones that seem to always chime at the exact right moments, jogging through the desolate beautiful hyrule plains and taking in the quiet scenery as a harsh, creeping piano chord comes down as a reminder the place is infested with horrible kill bots and early graves, combat music ramping up from little simple beats in 1on1s with bokoblins to huge scores of trumpets and war drums in big brawls and boss battles.

how will this game ever be topped tbh

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

if they can make a better zelda game than this they will be Gods. hell.. might even go as far as to say their Gods now

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I bet they use this engine for a second game... It's going to be even better.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also stepping into Hyrule Castle for even a second was a mistake. It's so freaking cool that I want to explore the whole thing right now. I'm going to try and avoid going back until I'm really ready to end it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a general tip so no one does something dumb like i just did..if a ball falls into deep water, you can use the cryo tool to lift it out and it wont slip off, so you can recover it easily

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
I'm not reading the thread much because of spoilers and I'm apparently moving way slower than everyone else, but the game is amazing and the switch is so good.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

think Im finally going to visit Zora Town and do the first big quest. This game is massive. I accidentally stumbled into bird people town but ran through it really quickly without looking at anything because I wanted to save it for later to savor the experience lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Shigeru Miyamoto ("Shigsy") owns

quote:

Miyamoto still has to approve big projects like Breath of the Wild and keep an eye on their development, but a recent story out of Kotaku indicates Nintendo's game approval process isn't stiff and corporate. ƒö

When Miyamoto first got his hands on a proof-of-concept for Breath of the Wild (a build containing a small, open slice of Hyrule to demonstrate how the new Zelda game would let players do anything), he wouldn't stop making Link climb trees. ƒö

"When we first presented this to Mr. Miyamoto, he spent about an hour just climbing trees," Hidemaro Fujibayashi, Breath of the Wild's director, told Jason Schreier in an interview last week. "We left little treats like rupees on the trees, but we also left other things in other places we thought he might go. But he just kept climbing trees. Up and down. ƒö

"And so we got to the point where we go, 'Do you want to look at other stuff?' But he just kept on going. Once [he] got out of the Shrine of Resurrection, he spent an hour just within a 25-50 meter radius outside of that cave just climbing trees." ƒö

It's a funny story, but also kind of sweet. Miyamoto formed the very first Zelda game out of his memories of exploring the woods and caves around his hometown, but the Famicom had obvious limits. Years later, he gets to play a Zelda game built specifically to encourage the kind of climbing and spelunking he did as a child ¡V the kind of exploration that inspired the series in the first place. This is probably a special time for him. It's a testament to how far the game industry has come, and how quickly. ƒö

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

thats adorable

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
This game is basically a new part of the Bible

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
Just got this and I mostly like it. I dont like the limited inventory though, but someone said there's an upgrade? Can someone point me in the general direction?

fiber
Nov 18, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Just got this and I mostly like it. I dont like the limited inventory though, but someone said there's an upgrade? Can someone point me in the general direction?

can't miss it on the way to kakariko village

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

fiber posted:

can't miss it on the way to kakariko village

I did

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

cn you upgrade cryonis nd magnesis or just bombs nd stasis?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tip regarding the shrine next to Hateno village: If you turn your controller upside down, the platform's underside has no walls. So you can easily flip the ball. This puzzle sucked so much

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Actually if you tip it at JUST the right angle you can get the ball to just drop right into that little straight pathway out. That's what I did

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Does that mean this game has roll goal?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Actually if you tip it at JUST the right angle you can get the ball to just drop right into that little straight pathway out. That's what I did

same, though it still took loving forever to flick it correctly

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

jjust did a gyro shrine where you need to play gyroscope golf nd getting the chest sucked...gyro puzzles can bite me

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
jesus loving christ... I was doing the Shrine in Hateno Village, the one with the rock maze bit. Got a little frustrated so I set the gamepad down. The maze went upside down too, so when the ball dropped on it I was able to just roll it directly to the goal and toss it over onto the ramp. This game constantly rewards you for doing weird outside the box poo poo, it's incredible. I love Breath of the Wild

e: oh, this part is already really well known. I apologize imps

klapman fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 8, 2017

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I found... something on the Hylian bridge. it was loving gigantic, green, covered in lightning and flying. i took a picture of it for my album, but can't remember the name of it.

i was sitting under an arch with my horse, waiting for a thunderstorm to pass, and turned around to see it floating around. i said "holy poo poo" pretty loud, and was legitimately amazed.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

I found... something on the Hylian bridge. it was loving gigantic, green, covered in lightning and flying. i took a picture of it for my album, but can't remember the name of it.

i was sitting under an arch with my horse, waiting for a thunderstorm to pass, and turned around to see it floating around. i said "holy poo poo" pretty loud, and was legitimately amazed.

This happened to me yesterday, it was cool as poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sat there, gawking in amazement, before i suddenly realized that i had a camera to record and track the thing to deal with it later, and i was like "this must be what it feels like to see bigfoot irl"

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i was too bsy freakin out to even think about my camera :sterv:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

i was too bsy freakin out to even think about my camera :sterv:

I quickly strapped way too many balloons onto a little raft nearby and went flying towards it. my friends and I were completely losing our poo poo, its so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
I had just gotten the camera so i was freaking out frantically pressing buttons trying to remember how to bring it back up

• Locked thread