Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

chitoryu12 posted:

The Japanese loving love Western food. As soon as the Portuguese introduced frying to them, they started deep frying everything they could get their hands on. Same with manufacturing hard candy from sugar, then making carbonated soda, then hamburgers/Salisbury steak. It's gotten some Japanese purists pissed, too.

koreans do awful things to sushi. i once ate a piece of maki roll the size of a toddler's fist. it was drizzled with grape jelly.

e: sad "whilst" content:

My [22, F] boyfriend [23, M] attacked me last night, and is now sitting on my sofa not talking

quote:

I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years.

Last night we had an argument over the fact he broke a promise the night before. We had started by discussing what had happened, and I was trying to explain how much broken promises hurt me. He acted like he didn't care at all and stared blankly at me. I got frustrated and started crying, saying I wanted to leave if he wasn't going to take me seriously.

As I tried to leave, he grabbed my car keys out my hand and threw me down on the bed. He hit my hard on my hip, and punched me in the arm multiple times whilst I tried to cover myself. I tried to get out his grip, so he put his hands round my throat and pressed as if to strangle me. I started sobbing and choking, and then he began apologising profusely. I was scared and hysterical, and attempted to leave again.

He dragged me on his bedroom floor and called me names, telling me he didn't love me. Every so often he would apologise, before becoming cruel and abusive again. Between apologising and hitting me, he kept grabbing at my breasts and vagina through my clothing. Whilst attacking me again he pulled my trousers and pants off, exposing me. I was hysterically crying and he stopped, and the argument ended. I stayed at his last night.

This evening he came to my house, and he didn't make an effort to apologise or even talk about yesterday evening. I began to talk about it, and explained how I was scared that he was going to rape me at one point. He laughed and said he thought about it, but quickly took it back after seeing my horrified face.

We're now sitting in my lounge watching TV, not talking. He's on the opposite sofa. I don't know how to move on from this, he doesn't seem to realise what happened. My arm and side is covered in bruises, and my emotions are just as hurt. I don't know how to convey to him how much he has hurt me.

TL;DR - boyfriend hit me last night, and pulled down my trousers exposing me. He hasn't acted remorseful and I don't know how to move on from it

EDIT 1: I would just like to add, things have been pretty rocky between us recently- but he is not like this towards anyone else, just me. Sometimes my constant badgering may annoy him or I may be over sensitive. Thought I should just add that.

EDIT 2: I can see that there is realistically no other option. I never imagined myself being in this situation at all, I have heard of it happening to others but never considered it happening to me- expecially not from someone I've devoted 4 years on my life to.

He is meant to be staying at my place tonight, and whilst I am afraid what his reaction may be I want to avoid calling the police as best as I can. Whilst I hate what he has done to our relationship, I do love him and I don't want to ruin his life. His dad has just been diagnosed with cancer, his mother was cheating on his father. The mother was the fathers income, so my boyfriend works and provides his dad with money now. The last thing he needs is a conviction that could get him fired.

Sisal Two-Step fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Elsa posted:

I felt pretty smug about not having a picky eating problem until this made me realize hell the gently caress no it's white tuna or I'm leaving.

I'm just gonna assume you mean escolar cause you love making GBS threads yourself, it seems in character

anyway the answer is mackerel

I Was The Fury posted:

My [21 M] 'best friend'/roommate [21 M] keeps making threats towards my girlfriend [20 F] and other women. I have reported him to the school and police, but I am going to have to tough it out until the end of the semester.

i was gonna ask how old this was until the guy dropped that he was an Elliot Rodger fan, not the man himself

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 8, 2017

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Sisal Two-Step posted:

My [22, F] boyfriend [23, M] attacked me last night, and is now sitting on my sofa not talking

"I don't want to ruin his life" good lord

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Pick posted:

Sushi didn't even have salmon until the 70s, where salmon is clearly the Best Sushi.

True. I would marry salmon sushi if I could.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Clark Nova posted:

It's when your preferences start annoying other people. "We can't go to *that* restaurant," "let me tell you again how much I hate condiments" and on and on and on.

Nearly everyone has some common foodstuff they'd prefer not to eat, but most people don't plan social outings around avoiding it.

What if its just loving embarrassing? I had an ex that was a picky eater and would order off the children's menu pretty much exclusively at every outing.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Sisal Two-Step posted:

koreans do awful things to sushi. i once ate a piece of maki roll the size of a toddler's fist. it was drizzled with grape jelly.

Holy poo poo kill this dude and learn new words, nobody deserves to get hit and abused and nobody deserves to have to read "whilst" four times in one post.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Dienes posted:

What if its just loving embarrassing? I had an ex that was a picky eater and would order off the children's menu pretty much exclusively at every outing.

Not a problem in and of itself - what they order is their own goddamn business, but they were probably skewing your dinner venues away from Thai restaurants and awesome taquerias and more toward casual dining TGI O'Chilibees bullshit so they could get their loving chicken tendies, which is terrible.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
I don't think I've posted this before, so here's the thread's theme song:

Literally Hitler

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
The best friend/roommate guy needs to pull an Of Mice and Men and put that boy the gently caress down before he hurts someone

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)

food court bailiff posted:

Holy poo poo kill this dude and learn new words, nobody deserves to get hit and abused and nobody deserves to have to read "whilst" four times in one post.

I looked up the thread, there was an update. She let the guy stay over that night because she couldn't reach her friend, he tried to have sex with her, she turned him down and he called her a bitch. Next day, her friend came over and kicked him out. Thread also talked her into going to the police and pressing charges.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MillennialVulcan posted:

I looked up the thread, there was an update. She let the guy stay over that night because she couldn't reach her friend, he tried to have sex with her, she turned him down and he called her a bitch. Next day, her friend came over and kicked him out. Thread also talked her into going to the police and pressing charges.

glad to hear that bit cause she also apparently spent the entire loving night arguing with reddit that he's sort of sweet sometimes when he's not beating the everloving poo poo out of her, and doing nothing is so much easier than doing something sooooo

I'm [23F]. An acquaintance [22F] keeps a secret Tumblr blog about my boyfriend [27M].

quote:

An acquaintance [22F] keeps a Tumblr blog about my boyfriend [27M]. We know it is definitely her blog because it is linked to her instagram account and the Tumblr’s profile picture is clearly her. The blog contains two years worth of text posts about him and some photos she took without his consent. She has created a lengthy fictional relationship between my boyfriend and her. I am never mentioned in the blog, I don’t exist in her fictional world, despite dating him for nearly two years.

The early posts are about how they “just started dating” and how she is so in love with him. Then she says she “broke up with him” and begins to post about how awful he is and that she is glad they are over. The most recent posts are about how he is “her best male friend” but she still has feelings for him and can tell he feels the same way about her. None of this is true!

They have never dated or even hung out. She is only an acquaintance. We will say hello to her, if we happen to run into her, but we never make plans with her. We have almost no contact with her. She will send him a casual “hey, how have you been” text maybe once every three months, but other than that she hasn’t tried to contact him. Occasionally, she will like my social media posts but she has not texted me since spring.

I am not sure if he or I should confront her about this? Are there psychiatric services we can refer her? It seems harmless, but it is still really bizarre. She hasn’t displayed any violent behavior towards us, but I am somewhat concerned that if she is crazy enough to make up a secret fantasy life about him she might be crazy enough to try something violent.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Pretty good horror film premise imho

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Pick posted:

the horror film premise is that her friendfiction ends up becoming real due to latent psychic powers and people have to stop her from accidentally becoming a cyberdemon

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Me [22M] with my GF [20F] of 1 and a half years - How dare she!

quote:

Hi,

My girlfriend who is a blossoming beauty of Viking decent, has recently been irritating me with issues concerning her going out on nights out with other men.

Last nigh she went out with three "old friends" whom she had not seen in over a year. Get this, though - she had slept with one!

Now I'm not one to freak out, but how dare she do this to me. She doesn't let me tell her what to do and it just boils my blood to no end. She refuses to see my point of view, it's as if she is mentally challenged or did not have the necessary emotional learning which normal healthy humans need.

I am at the point now where I am fearing for my own sanity, this whole episode has really took a toll on me and I'm not sure how much more I can take.

I also kissed another girls whilst on a lads holiday, but she kissed me so its ok. Can't be mad at me though, this is completely irrational by her.

I don't want to break up with her, I just want to tell her who she can and cant' go out with.

Can anybody help me in this sticky situation?

Thanks

tl;dr: She wants to go out with people I don't want her to go out with. how can I get her to let me do this

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm Viking indecent

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

quote:

I also kissed another girls whilst on a lads holiday, but she kissed me so its ok. Can't be mad at me though, this is completely irrational by her. 

there's like ten things in this paragraph I have problems with

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pick posted:

The twist is that the acquaintance is the real girlfriend and the narrator is the crazy one who thinks the other girl is just some creepy chick.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

man i bet this guy is just the best to be around

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Ugh, that guy is insufferable. Hope the Viking finds a real warrior to chill out with in Valhalla

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I don't want to break up with her, I just want to tell her who she can and cant' go out with.

o

word?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

quote:

I (22F) realized today that the "Taken" man my best friend (21F) was planning on stealing, is my boyfriend (24M)Relationships
submitted 33 minutes ago by annatropolis1

Courtney has always been selfish. She's always had a habit of wanting what other people want, then throws it away. It's been like that even with toys or sweets when we were young. But, I've known her 17 years, and she's been with me through thick and thin, and we considered each other to be best friends.

Mark and I have been dating for 3 months, met on a dating site, and have kept our relationship on the down low because we've both had our share of bad experiences in the past. We wanted to stay quiet about each other because we were working so well, and wanted to wait till we got serious and built a solid base. This was a mutual decision. We live in a really small town, so word gets around fast.

For the past two weeks, Court has brought up the work colleague of two of her roommates (21M and 23M, she moved in with them 3 weeks ago, I don't know them), who'd come over with them a few times after work for a casual beer and some videogames. She said he seemed to not take her flirting seriously and that he vaguely said he was seeing someone. As always, I tried not to ask questions, as knowing about her pursuits usually just leaves me frustrated.

Today, I was at her place and she was giggly all day. When asked why, she said she had the perfect plan to "steal away" her mystery man, and began to lay it out to me. She'd convinced Jake (roommate) to invite the guy over, and pretend he had an emergency and had to leave, at which point she would "coincidentally, accidentally" walk out of the bathroom naked, pretending she'd forgotten a towel and didn't realize anyone was home, and proceed to try to seduce him from there.

I'm aware it sounds ridiculous, but that's just always been the kind of stunts she'd pulled, so I just rolled my eyes and got up to leave, as I didn't want to be around when any of this went down.

I then call a friend to come get me, and as I get into her car just as we're about to drive away, I see my bf's car pull up into their driveway, with him and who I assume to be Jake inside.

So I'm kinda dumbstruck and have no idea what to do. I don't think it's hit me yet and feels kinda surreal. I just went home, and cried, not even sure why I cried. I'm afraid to ask mark what his day went like. Courtney is absolutely stunning, and the stereotypical image of perfect. I can't imagine ANYONE turning her down.
tl;dr: bff trying to steal away bf. How do I proceed

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Sucks that he was cheated on but he still deserves a Stone Cold Stunner. Also it might be a troll.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

how does anyone stay friends with people like this

there's no way this is the first time courtney has hosed you over

Pick posted:

How do I proceed

get outta your car and go in there and be like "bitch were you talking about *my* bf??" and if she says "yes" you :sever:

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

i feel like this was written by the girlfriend.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Moridin920 posted:

how does anyone stay friends with people like this

there's no way this is the first time courtney has hosed you over

get outta your car and go in there and be like "bitch were you talking about *my* bf??" and if she says "yes" you :sever:
While Courtney is clearly an awful person, she probably doesn't know this guy is the OP's boyfriend, or at least it seems that way from the info in the post.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sisal Two-Step posted:

*suffers a horrifying beating and sexual assault, boyfriend jokes about how he was going to rape her during it*

"I still love him, though!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Clark Nova posted:

It's when your preferences start annoying other people. "We can't go to *that* restaurant," "let me tell you again how much I hate condiments" and on and on and on.

Nearly everyone has some common foodstuff they'd prefer not to eat, but most people don't plan social outings around avoiding it.

This is it

My wife would not take No for an answer when she wanted to go to a restaurant, and wouldn't let me embarrass her by being the guy who orders chicken tendies at the sushi bar

I am deeply grateful to her because she made me realize expecting the world to accomodate my weird food fears was unreasonable. Also, how much I was missing out on by only eating garbage "American Food"

I still won't eat a sandwich with loving mayonnaise on it, though. :colbert:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Mirthless posted:

This is it

My wife would not take No for an answer when she wanted to go to a restaurant, and wouldn't let me embarrass her by being the guy who orders chicken tendies at the sushi bar

I am deeply grateful to her because she made me realize expecting the world to accomodate my weird food fears was unreasonable. Also, how much I was missing out on by only eating garbage "American Food"

mods, change my username plz

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Id cry too if I were friends with someone so poo poo.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Lockback posted:

When Hiking Goes Wrong

My life-long best friend [32 M] and I [32 M] Took a six-month backpacking trip together and it ruined our friendship. What do I do?

His decisions aside, you are a heroic cockblock.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have 2 friends who are now dating, both of whom I have been friends with for years before they started dating. If they one day got married and then the dude was cheating on her for months at a time, I'd be pretty hard pressed not to say anything to her and I probably would say "either you tell her when we get back or I will" and not budge on that.

Dude is being an extra douche for not being discrete and involving someone else in his deceit and infidelity, he shouldn't expect special treatment and if he was a better friend he wouldn't put a 3rd party in that situation to begin with.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Moridin920 posted:

I have 2 friends who are now dating, both of whom I have been friends with for years before they started dating. If they one day got married and then the dude was cheating on her for months at a time, I'd be pretty hard pressed not to say anything to her and I probably would say "either you tell her when we get back or I will" and not budge on that.

Im pretty big on not getting murdered so Id do it when we got back from being on the Appalachian Trail.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Mirthless posted:

loving :same:

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pvt.Scott posted:

I don't think I've posted this before, so here's the thread's theme song:

Literally Hitler

Did these guys seriously name themselves after a John Varley trilogy? Varley is great it's just an odd choice.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Picky eater chat:

I like to think of myself as pretty open minded. I'll try pretty much anything and for the most part I either enjoy or am neutral to pretty much everything. I won't eat anything still alive and wriggling, and really weird poo poo like casu marzu, which I think is fairly reasonable as boundaries go. But throw something not moving or wriggling with maggots in front of me and I will eat it.

My great shame is that I can't loving stand most cheeses beyond your standard Cheddar/Parmesan/Mozarella trifecta. I'll eat it, but I can't seem to get myself to enjoy the fancier stuff. It's very troubling to me.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Just claim you're 1/64th Chinese princess.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

i suppose i should explain what im picky about, i loving hate onions, most green vegetables apart from peas and i put ketchup on a lot of stuff.
I'm the most basic bitch there is.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Holy poo poo, I've been tracking this thread from page 1 since Christmas. If you guys didn't stop to bicker about dogs and credit scores so often, I might never have caught up! :v:

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
What we need is an argument about dog scores

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

I'm a picky dog beater with great credit