Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

FAT BATMAN posted:

Hi I haven't paid attention to any combine/free agency/offseason news, what funny poo poo have I missed?

Kalli posted:

Cool for Jones, deserves the payday.

Also, probably bullshit, but if so, good on Kirk for trashing his trade value so thoroughly and the 49ers for taking advantage:

https://twitter.com/49ersSportsTalk/status/839307813440585728/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What the hell am I missing. Why can't the Redskins and Cousins agree on a long term deal?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FAT BATMAN posted:

Hi I haven't paid attention to any combine/free agency/offseason news, what funny poo poo have I missed?

https://twitter.com/mortreport/status/839509575413940224

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

What the hell am I missing. Why can't the Redskins and Cousins agree on a long term deal?

I guess the Redskins tried to dick him around and he's pissed now? Or maybe he sees the writing on the wall with all his weapons leaving town and thinks the Niners are better positioned to build up an offense around him (which lol)

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FAT BATMAN posted:

Someone broke the 40 record at the combine I guess. Adidas was offering an island (like a for real island) for anyone who did it, but this guy was wearing NIke's so he wasn't eligible.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Washington made it abundantly clear they don't believe in him with the franchise tag nonsense, which combined with total front office dysfunction probably leading to both of his leading receivers peacing out means he apparently wants to also get the gently caress out of dodge.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Is Washington aware that every other team in their division has a franchise quarterback?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Is Washington aware that every other team in their division has a franchise quarterback?

Well, if I may pull out my pedantoerator, Eli might not be good anymore and Wentz might not be good at all.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I think we can safely say that Washington's dysfunction is higher level then that. When the GM is apparently out and the old GM / team president is calling all the shots, and the team owned radio station is burning the GM.... who did lose his last GM gig job because of alcohol problems, it's just... man.

It's a loving mess and it looks like everyone's fleeing the ship.

fsif posted:

Well, if I may pull out my pedantoerator, Eli might not be good anymore and Wentz might not be good at all.

Even Dak could fall apart, it happened to ROTY QB Rick Mirer!

Washington is playing nth dimensional chess, to get all D&D in here.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

They're positioning themselves to land Jimmy G :ssh:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There is no way Cousins is getting moved without a 1st changing hands.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Ricky Wagner seems cool. Farewell, though, to the Great Barrier Reiff. :(

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I would trade two 1sts including 6 overall for Cousins. I wouldn't even bat an eye we're so desperate.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I would trade two 1sts including 6 overall for Cousins. I wouldn't even bat an eye we're so desperate.

If that offer is real, the Jets 2 this year and 1 next year can probably land him. Thats a no loving brainer.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Diva Cupcake posted:

What if he won't sign an extension? It's entirely possible he's throwing a giant hissy fit to match Washington's,

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Since this hissy fit might end with the 49ers getting Cousins for a song, I'll allow it

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

If you get franchised two years in a row, I don't think it qualifies as a "hissy fit" any longer.

Getting franchised even once is bullshit.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

:lol: Before signing Ricky Wagner the Lions reached out to Mike Remmers. I much prefer Wagner.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/839538198342746118

Kalli posted:

What if he won't sign an extension? It's entirely possible he's throwing a giant hissy fit to match Washington's,
Obviously that type of offer would be contingent on him signing an extension but I wouldn't see any issue with paying him in that $22-24m per on a LTC that the top guys are getting now.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fsif posted:

If you get franchised two years in a row, I don't think it qualifies as a "hissy fit" any longer.

OTOH he's getting the kind of guaranteed money that you'd normally get for a 5 year contract

I have a feeling that the "do right deal" that Jerrah keeps talking about includes not only excluding the NFCE teams but also the Texans

Bring on Cutler?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Mar 8, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fsif posted:

Agreed. It is not a hissy fit saying "No, I will not sign a long-term contract with this franchise".

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Agreed. It is not a hissy fit saying "No, I will not sign a long-term contract with this franchise".

Yeah, that's kind of the thing. He can sign with whoever the hell he wants regardless of fans thinking he somehow owes the Redskins for drafting him

Players leave all the time, granted it's so unusual to see that happen with a QB

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Even the 1999-present Browns haven't done what Washington is on the verge of doing now, holy poo poo.

(That's because they haven't had a decent QB to drive away, but still.)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Well then. Same guy who breaks everything Miami, including last years trade with philly, said Philly made Miami an offer for Landry.

Trade Landry resign Stills?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jason La Canfora? :v:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sean10mm posted:

Even the 1999-present Browns haven't done what Washington is on the verge of doing now, holy poo poo.

(That's because they haven't had a decent QB to drive away, but still.)

Ironically, I would say the 49ers did a few years ago.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

San Diego did it but of course they had a pro bowl QB ready to replace him, not Colt McCoy

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
It's a low enough offer where you might be better off beating it and taking your changes with him in the offseason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Intruder posted:

San Diego did it but of course they had a pro bowl QB ready to replace him, not Colt McCoy

Yeah it didn't work out with Kaep for the 49ers, but he was at least an up and coming quarterback you could imagine being good. Colt McCoy is just a guy.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Intruder posted:

Plus Drew Brees was coming off major surgery and was seen as a big gamble at the time.

Kalli posted:

Ironically, I would say the 49ers did a few years ago.

Alex Smith? Eh. He never had a single season as good as Kirk Cousins in 2015 or 2016. Gambling on Kaepernick was arguably a mistake, but it wasn't clear-cut at the time like Cousins vs., uh, McCoy or whoever.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sean10mm posted:

Plus Drew Brees was coming off major surgery and was seen as a big gamble at the time.

Alex Smith? Eh. He never had a single season as good as Kirk Cousins in 2015 or 2016.
He had a parade of imbeciles for his OC for the first like 8 years of his career. Then when he finally got a good coach he didnt really have any weapons other than Vernon Davis and Old Frank Gore.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Interesting. I'll take an actual edge rusher for once.

https://twitter.com/Connor_J_Hughes/status/839544406101409797

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

Not bad. He's on the upswing.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Diva Cupcake posted:

I can't see the Packers matching any crazy offer the Jets could make. I like Perry a lot so that bums me out. Can't wait to see the Packers field a Big 12 defense next year

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh my god those idiots are really going to do it

https://twitter.com/john_wawrow/status/839546696174567425

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

fsif posted:

Oh my god those idiots are really going to do it

Better there than here.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Well then. Same guy who breaks everything Miami, including last years trade with philly, said Philly made Miami an offer for Landry.

Trade Landry resign Stills?

Armando said Miami isn't entertaining offers for Landry. Like people called but Miami said no.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/839547814828982272

lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish Rivers was like 5 years younger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU