Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Link was made right-handed because of the motion controls of the sword (which is dumb because... it didn't really have motion controls, you just waggled instead of pressing B to do the normal attacks and it got painful and tiresome after the first hour) and apparently this necessitated flipping the entire game world from left to right also. I guess for animations' sake but what the gently caress lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

That is a very strange solution to a problem they created.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

could you Wii remote aim the boomerang/bow

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

could you Wii remote aim the boomerang/bow

yeah but for most of the time you needed it you could just use z targeting

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I will say the one thing Wii version had over GC version is that the fishing was awesome because you had to reel the stuff in by making rapid circle motions with the nunchuck

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i should get tphd

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I regret destroying my gamecube. I was running burned discs with emulators on em so I turned up the laser strength. Guess I turned it too high because it stopped working entirely like a month later.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oddium posted:

i should get tphd
me too. I played TP at release and remember it being weirdly long and having tedious parts but I think it was good overall. Does the HD version change much like the WW one does?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you can use the wolf amiibo 🐺

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

:shittydog:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

ArfJason posted:

while im not surprised that the latest nintendo console that doesnt sound like an expansion pack sold like gangbusters, its really loving crazy that the weird console portable hybrid with uncomfortably small and kinda flimsy looking controllers outsold the wii almost instantly

it feels good man

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Milkman posted:

it feels good man

The Switch does feel good as hell and I'm glad after second guessing myself I got the neon because it looks rad.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TP had great gadgets and enemy design but man the start takes forever, especially if you're replaying it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've never replayed it or Skyward because it takes no exaggeration 4 to 6 hours to finish the tutorial section

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Spinner boss in TP is probably my favorite moment in a game I'm never going to replay.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Tender Bender posted:

The Spinner boss in TP is probably my favorite moment in a game I'm never going to replay.
I loved everything involving the Spinner, which was the second half of that dungeon and roughly two minor optional puzzles

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

I've never replayed it or Skyward because it takes no exaggeration 4 to 6 hours to finish the tutorial section

I just did it and you're exaggerating

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

who would win in a swordfight link or lightning

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

remember the part where you give a fat lady a thing and have to follow her slowly up a hill

it takes over an hour to get to what you think is the first dungeon (twilight castle) and it's just more tutorial lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

I just did it and you're exaggerating

Alright well skyward only then. It's been ages since I last played twilight

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Tender Bender posted:

I got the neon because it looks rad.

:yeah:

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Tender Bender posted:

The Switch does feel good as hell and I'm glad after second guessing myself I got the neon because it looks rad.

They were out of those so I had to get black :(

I'm glad I got a switch tho :)

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

spla2n demo weekend on the 24th-26th fyi

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

TP has, after the opening cutscenes, the idyllic village featuring how to use swords, how to wrestle rams, how to ride your horse, how to blow grass and summon a hawk, collecting enough rupees to buy a slingshot, the kidnapping of the kids, turning into a wolf, escaping the castle prison, meeting Zelda for another flashback cutscene, stealthily stealing a sword and shield from the village, getting to the fountain that turns you back into a human, and THEN you get the first dungeon. You dont get the ability to freely switch between wolf and human for like 10 hours or something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

spla2n demo weekend on the 24th-26th fyi

Oh gently caress

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ArfJason posted:

while im not surprised that the latest nintendo console that doesnt sound like an expansion pack sold like gangbusters, its really loving crazy that the weird console portable hybrid with uncomfortably small and kinda flimsy looking controllers outsold the wii almost instantly

And in March, too- not even the holiday season or anything.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

TP has, after the opening cutscenes, the idyllic village featuring how to use swords, how to wrestle rams, how to ride your horse, how to blow grass and summon a hawk, collecting enough rupees to buy a slingshot, the kidnapping of the kids, turning into a wolf, escaping the castle prison, meeting Zelda for another flashback cutscene, stealthily stealing a sword and shield from the village, getting to the fountain that turns you back into a human, and THEN you get the first dungeon. You dont get the ability to freely switch between wolf and human for like 10 hours or something

I wish we got the animal-focused game that like 1/3 of TP seems to be scavenged from.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

the entire town part where you gotta get the baby basket and feed the cat is so insane, its like a bad adventure game

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

oddium posted:

i should get tphd

i'm rethinking this now........

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

oddium posted:

It has some of the best dungeons in the series if you can put up with the excessive padding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It does have great dungeons and a fun gimmicky item set

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

all i remember is the yeti lady + mansion + the rupee armor and the sky dungeon i think

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

all i remember is the yeti lady + mansion + the rupee armor and the sky dungeon i think

spinner dungeon nd temple of time too, for me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i remember the spinner but not the dungeon

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

oddium posted:

Arbiter's grounds.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the dungeon based around using the iron boots with giant magnets

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oddium posted:

tbh i mostly remember th spinner and the boss, but i remember the dungeon being solid

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

holy poo poo i did it. it managed to order a neon switch. thank you, Iwata-sama.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

oddium posted:

I loved TP when I first played it, it's just that the second time through you notice things like that more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
I alwys thought how tp gave new twists to classic staple items was really really cool